Splendid Chinese takeaaway style curry, using just a few simple ingredients.
1) One sachet Mayflower chinese style frozen curry sauce
2) One onion
3) Two fresh chillies (Kashmiri not required, dried crushed chillies will suffice if fresh not available)
4) EVOO (This is how fancy types refer to Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
5) Black pepper
6) Your choice of pouched microwavable rice (I find the Tesco pouches of basmati rice to be perfect, and reasonably priced. A controversial choice of rice given the dish perhaps, but I feel it works)
7) Your choice of oven chips (Standard McCain's are ideal, a good robust chip, but you can use whatever you want)
8 ) Half a mug of frozen garden peas or petit pois (Petit pois are for if you're feeling posh. Really, they're all just peas)
Put your sachet of frozen curry sauce into a pan of boiling water, this will take 20 minutes to cook, which is ample time to prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Microwave your half mug of peas in water for 3 minutes and put to one side.
Chop the onion to your taste, you want reasonable sized pieces. Put the chopped onion in a glass bowl with some EVOO, the chillies, and some black pepper. Give it a good stir, microwave for 30 seconds (900W), give another good stir, and set to one side, this will allow the onion to relax and take on a spectacular infusion of the various flavours.
When the curry sauce is cooked, turn off the heat, drain the water from the pan, and empty the curry sauce back into the pan. Add the onion mixture and drained peas, give it all a good stir, cover, and put to one side.
You have now prepared a wonderful reheatable curry, perfect for after an evening on the beers playing online games with your chums.
WHEN READY TO INDULGE YOURSELF:
Reheat the curry over a gentle heat whilst your oven chips are cooking. (You may need to add a small amount of water to the pan to give the curry the perfect consistency.) Towards the end of the cooking time, heat your rice in the microwave according to the instructions on the pouch.
Present the dish with the rice on one side of the plate, the chips on the other side (season to taste), and then lovingly smother both with your delicious Chinese style curry.
Finish with seasoning and a sauce of your choice (black pepper and a hot sweet chilli sauce work very well).
Please note picture below is for illustration purposes only and was prepared by a trained chef. Individual results may vary.