Food & cooking
"Too Long Since Mince" by Findus 'Crispy Pancake' Fop
If only a beexer were making something to boil 25 litres of liquid quickly.
Findus Fop wrote:
Back on topic, I'm planning on writing a book called A Passion for Mince.

Mince and Minceibility.
"Of Mince and Men"
"Minces fit for Princes"
To Mince a Mockingbird. The game and fowl edition.
Findus Fop wrote:

Every recipe has mince at its heart.

Beef mince.

Lamb mince.

Chicken mince.

Turkey mince.

All the mince!

Out of the gate I'll have recipes for:

Chilli
Spag Bol
Thai Basil Chicken Mince
Sausage Mince and Pasta
Cheese Toasties + Mince

The list is (not really) endless.

I might take to mincing the unexpected, like broccoli. Or maybe that's the followup book.

If you want good beef mince, this is the best I've had to date

https://www.farmison.com/our-meat/beef/ ... inced-beef

First mince I've found that doesn't require a pint of fatty liquid to be removed from the pan when browning.
I actually have a book somewhere which is something like "100 things to do with mince".
asfish wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

Every recipe has mince at its heart.

Beef mince.

Lamb mince.

Chicken mince.

Turkey mince.

All the mince!

Out of the gate I'll have recipes for:

Chilli
Spag Bol
Thai Basil Chicken Mince
Sausage Mince and Pasta
Cheese Toasties + Mince

The list is (not really) endless.

I might take to mincing the unexpected, like broccoli. Or maybe that's the followup book.

If you want good beef mince, this is the best I've had to date

https://www.farmison.com/our-meat/beef/ ... inced-beef

First mince I've found that doesn't require a pint of fatty liquid to be removed from the pan when browning.

That doesn't actually look too much more expensive than buying organic mince at t'supermarket. Will give it a whirl, cheers.
Jem wrote:
I actually have a book somewhere which is something like "100 things to do with mince".

Ooh, I'd like to see that book.
Me too, properly intrigued to learn that there are other things to do except eat it, let alone 99 other things.
Number 73 will shock you.
Butchers are furious about this one neat trick.
Resourceful mother's amazing mince hack feeds family of six for 50p a day, in just FIVE MINUTES.

'Jennifer from Romford has launched a blog where she displays pictures of her pert derrière to an army of fans, using the free time now available to her as a result of using her secret mince methods.'

Is YOUR sex life in trouble? Use more mince.
I actually have a book somewhere which is something like "100 ways to mince".
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Like you need a book for that.
Oh, you guys! :DD :roll:

I seriously do have a book about mince though. It might be this one... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mince-100-Fabu ... 906650012/
Jem wrote:
Oh, you guys! :DD :roll:

I seriously do have a book about mince though. It might be this one... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mince-100-Fabu ... 906650012/

Fuck, Mitzie Wilson has beaten me to the punch.

She doesn't have Man Chilli, though.
Curiosity wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Homophobia. Shame, I expected better from you.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

No, he's saying he walks funny.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I honestly though you were actually talking about mincing.

Ie:

Yep. I'd decided APoD was a serial killer.
I'm not sure why he was mincing people. That bit just kind of got skipped over in my head.
Have concluded the only way to make this my own is cooking with my tits out. Sexy Mince.
I approve of this purchase. And sexy mince.
Cras and I watched all of Sexy Cuisine this weekend.

It's fucking odd.
Grim... wrote:

It's fucking odd.

Is it sexy?
Seems harsh to keep referring to Cras as 'it'.
Mr Dave wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It's fucking odd.

Is it sexy?

In no way whatsoever
Grim... wrote:

To clarify: are you talking about this TV programme, or just Gaywood knocking up some brunch while you're helping Curio move house? ;)
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

To clarify: are you talking about this TV programme, or just Gaywood knocking up some brunch while you're helping Curio move house? ;)

"Some brunch" has a name, and is a person, you monster.
Mr Dave wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It's fucking odd.

Is it sexy?

Not really.
I watched a few minutes of it. It's anti-erotic
I do like it as a curio, though - especially the way they never reference that the women are naked.

The house is fucking sexy, that's for sure.

If you look to the top left during the closing shot you can see the drone props right at the end.
'It looks like a mess on a plate' - One of my colleague's opinions on my amazing Chinese style curry dish. Who I am no longer friends with.

(We were going through the pics on my phone to find one I took a couple of weeks ago of some cabling in the back of a cab out at one of our data centres, one swipe too many and there was my fantastic creation in glorious technicolour. I tried to big it up, 'Wouldn't you love to absolutely smash the arse out of that?', and suchlike, but he was having none of it.)

Heathen.
Locker room talk has no place in the civilized world.
MaliA wrote:

Isle of Man though.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Isle of Man though.

Carry on.
MaliA wrote:

Oh no I'll never be President of the USA now!
Heh. Got home late last night only to find that Mrs C had sprung a quite wonderful surprise: a king prawn linguine no less! Of course, I was fascinated to hear how she'd made it; the shelling of the raw king prawns; boiling the shells and heads for ages with onions, saffron, wine, tomatoes to make the sieved reduction sauce; frying the prawns with chilli (yup, our old friend the Kashmiri :D ), garlic, fennel and anchovies, before marrying up the whole wondrous, sweet smelling creation with the finest fresh linguine, all washed down, by candlelight, with a superb Claudio Mariotto Derthona '14. Bliss, utter bliss - put my little crab linguine well to shame. *That* is how it's done, oh my days yes.

So there I was, in food heaven, and all I could bloody think about was Hearthly and his blasted chip shop curry and rice. FFS!! :D
Oh, that reminds me. A very Italian Valentine dinner. Sous vide lobster tail with risotto alla Milanese; Marsala zabaione with strawberries.
How did you make your Milanese, out of interest? Every resource I've seen describing it says it should be made with beef stock and bone marrow, but every single recipe I've seen is chicken stock and no marrow.
Heh, not super authentically, because it was fish stock to match the lobster! I didn't even have any shallots (schoolboy error) so I had to use onion like some sort of Neolithic barbarian. Other than that, it was exactly standard risotto. I used my pressure cooker, because I'm a big fan of that.

One thing I did differently this time was putting the saffron in the stock and letting it sit, warm, for a while before using it. I got a lot more colour out of it than when I've added the saffron with the shallots.

I usually use chicken stock. I very rarely have home made stock around, and I find all bar the most expensive commercial beef stocks to be generally a bit crappy, whereas chicken stock seems more OK. Also I'm usually using Milanese risotto as a side, not a course, so I suspect beef stock plus marrow would be a bit overpowering... maybe not if it's with something very punchy like the very traditional choice of osso bucco.
Interesting. I wasn't denigrating (this time ;) ), I was just intrigued by the fact that nobody at all apparently seems to make it the way you're 'supposed' to make it.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Sous vide isopod with risotto alla Milanese
Cavey wrote:
Heh. Got home late last night only to find that Mrs C had sprung a quite wonderful surprise: a king prawn linguine no less!

Any yet you didn't take any photos.
Have to honest, not my bag. Still, bravo nonetheless says I.
Yeah, I had other things on my mind ;)
(Besides Hearthly's curry obv. )
I'm not one for dicking about with camera phone at such times.

I'll take a photo next time if you want :D
Page 4 of 15 [ 704 posts ]