Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
All I can say about Scotland's performance today is that the ITV coverage has Grieg Laidlaw as a pundit and he looks dapper in his suit.
Best England performance of the tournament by some distance. The backs were really sharp (for once).
Curiosity wrote:
Best England performance of the tournament by some distance. The backs were really sharp (for once).

Definitely. And the ending was a gripping and crowning coup de théâtre.
I loved the cheeky try at the end.
Sunday morning blackout here in the Shire. This had better be sorted by the time the Carys Matthews show starts on Radio 6 else I'll be mildly disappointed.
Kern wrote:
Sunday morning blackout here in the Shire. This had better be sorted by the time the Carys Matthews show starts on Radio 6 else I'll be mildly disappointed.

Surely you can use whatever device it is you're posting here with?
Probably a good idea in such situations to save power for more important things. But it's come back on now.
Kern wrote:
Probably a good idea in such situations to save power for more important things. But it's come back on now.

Like posting on Beex? :D
There really isn't much point configuring access lists on firewalls if you are just going to add a "Permit Any Any" rule at the start or end :(
Hmm. Unionized labour means that although I can get to Leeds at my normal time for Netrunner, coming back on the train is not an option. Getting a bus is, which takes 53 minutes, or I could just drive there and back (40 mins) and not drink. Fir the sake of 13 mins more on a bus and a walk up the hill, i think I will have some beers.
MaliA wrote:
Hmm. Unionized labour means that although I can get to Leeds at my normal time for Netrunner, coming back on the train is not an option. Getting a bus is, which takes 53 minutes, or I could just drive there and back (40 mins) and not drink. Fir the sake of 13 mins more on a bus and a walk up the hill, i think I will have some beers.

Oh you twat
He's already established that there is no return train. Then he buys a return ticket.
Cras wrote:
He's already established that there is no return train. Then he buys a return ticket.

Now i have to wait for night bus. In 50 minutes
Catch the train.
I have a ticket
Buses stop at a lot of places not on the .pdf timetable it seems. Fuck's sake.
This bua atopa outaife pub at 2333. The bus ia. Aweaome
I do hope Mali made it home safely.

Hi, MrsA!
DavPaz wrote:
I do hope Mali made it home safely.

Hi, MrsA!

Got off bus, had pint. Weird stuff going on there. Gave tramp £3. Home at 0010. Upnat 0630. Feel tired.
I think I have an appointment with a Doctor Singham.
Tell him Singham means "Lion"!
Grim... wrote:
Tell him Singham means "Lion"!

I bet his first name's Rory.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I think I have an appointment with a Doctor Singham.

R.I.P. Jazzy, and anyone standing nearby.
Giphy "singham":
http://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6wrgsuUqEnYT8jKw/giphy-loop.mp4
Is that the first one that 'worked'?
Why do people feel a need to correct typos in library books?
To be fair, the whole thing's upside down
Holiday time! Off for a long weekend in Belfast!
Oooh have a great weekend Kern :D
The train's at Shrewsbury station. *waves*
Friend of mine forwarded me a tweet by my ex earlier about his "5 figure bank account"

The same ex who can't afford to pay more than £30 p/m towards his kids and repeatedly fails to provide shoes, uniform, etc.

:facepalm: >:(
Is the first figure '-' ?
Ha. Unfortunately he probably has a 5 figure bank account (I bought him out of the mortgage to the tune of £20k and he lives with his mother rent/bill free) - just the bare faced cheek of it boggles my mind.
He's probably got £123.82
Unless it is eighty thousand and eighty one quid, thirty five pence, that ain't impressive.
In less infuriating news, this tweet by McDonalds (cough hacker cough) made me laugh:

https://twitter.com/ASankin/status/842373392279982080

MaliA wrote:
Unless it is eighty thousand and eighty one quid, thirty five pence, that ain't impressive.

That took me a minute :DD
I've got a five figure bank account, but it's Unicode and the figures are
8) :'( , :o >:( :spew:
I've got an eight figure one. Fourteen if you include the sort code.
Cras wrote:
I've got a five figure bank account, but it's Unicode and the figures are
8) :'( , :o >:( :spew:

Sounds familiar
Who cares about money, as long as we're happy. Right?
TheVision wrote:

Having no money is really depressing.
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Having no money is really depressing.

:this:
Page 18 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]