Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
That's when we celebrate the Beex server.
Ordered Lego Worlds today for the kids - looks brilliant!
'Don't have any change for parking? Why not pay by card online?*'

*After faffing around registering all your details and credit card information on our website in the rain because it's yet another different company, then being asked to call the number where the mystery voice asks you for all your credit card details a second time, then waiting for the confirmation text to arrive to reassure you that you haven't booked parking in Inverness by mistake. Plus a 20p transaction fee and a 30p credit card surcharge.
Why not sit in the car and do it?
'Convenience' .
Someone in my office is retiring today. We've just had a presentation for him and I'm jealous.. Imagine not having to go to work every day? Wouldn't that be amazing?
I'd be bored as hell, I reckon.

I think last year I went into work on a third of my vacation days.
8)

I mean I like my work but 8)
Cras wrote:

8)
TheVision wrote:
Someone in my office is retiring today. We've just had a presentation for him and I'm jealous.. Imagine not having to go to work every day? Wouldn't that be amazing?

Not when I was dolescum. :(
I don't think being retired would feel the same as when you were a filthy scrounger.
Cras wrote:

You Sir, need more hobbies
KovacsC wrote:
Cras wrote:

:this: I used to work with someone like this. He'd book annual leave but still come into the office. The only difference being that he would leave early and wear his jeans instead of work trousers.
TheVision wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Cras wrote:

:this: I used to work with someone like this. He'd book annual leave but still come into the office. The only difference being that he would leave early and wear his jeans instead of work trousers.

Just...wha...I can't even fathom why he'd want to do this. Jesus.
It's insane. Free time is even more scarce a resource for me than money! I'd love to never go to work again.

I remember when I was made redundant and took about 9 months off; best time of my life!
Cras wrote:

But did you actually do any work, or just generally annoy your colleagues?
Are we trying to differentiate from my regular working days, or...?
Curiosity wrote:
I remember when I was made redundant and took about 9 months off; best time of my life!

I did this too and had 9 months off the first time I was redundant and about 3 months the second time. I remember going bowling with a friend all day. There was only us in the bowling alley and it was a special "£5 to bowl all day" offer.
Not working is the bomb. I do think for some it takes practice, mind - that's why some people dread or fail to adjust to retirement.

But I had a year off work and soon found that doing 'everything else' was much more entertaining. Now I know I could ditch work tomorrow and never run out of things to do. If you like routine, you can still have a routine. For me, it's all about not having one.
Cras wrote:

Va-fucking-cation?!

Also: FREAK FREAK!!!
Cras wrote:

So little is written down with the company I work for that I've no idea how many holidays I'm entitled to. I asked HR and they didn't know either. They don't even have a full list of employees - just those who work in India.
I think maybe you need new HR folk.
Grim... wrote:
I think maybe you need new HR folk.

Can't argue with that. The old head of HR (who has thankfully now left) once advertised for a vacancy in his department that specified 'women only'.
Cras wrote:
Are we trying to differentiate from my regular working days, or...?

more teabagging.
I would love to retire, right now, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford to, unless the Warhead household collectively agrees to change its lifestyle.
MrChris wrote:

Oh god this looks so good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtU_kVZCEIY
MrChris wrote:
MrChris wrote:

I think that's possibly the first Stampy video I've clicked on and at any point you click in the video timeline, he's rabbiting away, non-stop. God knows how people watch this stuff for 20 minutes.

(the game looks fun though)
devilman wrote:
MrChris wrote:
MrChris wrote:

I think that's possibly the first Stampy video I've clicked on and at any point you click in the video timeline, he's rabbiting away, non-stop. God knows how people watch this stuff for 20 minutes.

(the game looks fun though)

The kids love Stampy, although they've decided they prefer iBallisticsquid. As do I, but Stampy is good fun. Their minecraft videos are quite entertaining.
I'd love to retire too, but I'm not sure people would be able to tell the difference. I'd still spend 90% of my time on a computer dicking about with websites.
That is my job. Although I am in Derby on Monday to discuss my promotion.
KovacsC wrote:

Sticking around then?
If people stood on the FUCKING RIGHT of escalators at Leeds station, i would be almost home by now
And I wouldn't be on a train which they are now turning on and off again to make ot FUCKING WORK
The train is 18 years old.
MaliA wrote:

Well, what do you expect then? Of course it's going to be drunk.
MaliA wrote:

That's not that old, to be honest.
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:

That's not that old, to be honest.

It is new for Airedale line. I was a bit grumpy earlier
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Sticking around then?

Will see what happens.
Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Cbeebies presenter Rebecca...

And silver screen naked person Dakota Johnson...

?
Christ, the mobile site doesn't like those pictures!
I love CBeebies Rebecca. More than any one of them. She pulls funny faces.
MaliA wrote:
I love CBeebies Rebecca. More than any one of them. She pulls funny faces.

:this:

She does some creditable accents on "let's play", or used to at any rate.
Rebecca is my favourite.
Oh, there's gonna be corpses
An obscure addition to Amazon Prime this week - Thank You For Playing: Iconic Video Game Magazines. A 95-minute documentary on the Polish games magazines of the 90s

Quote:
Documentary about the phenomenon of Polish video game magazines in the 90s. Times when magazine pages were put together with glue and scissors and original games were a scarcity. A unique journey to the classic Amiga and PC titles accompanied by an extraordinary soundtrack.
Twenty years ago: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Robocop is coming up to the big 30 in July.
DavPaz wrote:
5 years ago today. Lest we forget.

https://goo.gl/photos/AxvMmZuN6sNjhRYY8

Top night out
Page 17 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]