Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Also the parent company AB InBev holds some pretty shitty business practices.

It's tricky to take the moral high ground on the companies you use without suddenly finding yourself unable to dress or eat.

I boycott the very worst and minimise what I buy from others. With things like luxury items (including beer) it's pretty easy.
Except that everything's made either from or using oil.
Maybe in your house!
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Also the parent company AB InBev holds some pretty shitty business practices.

It's tricky to take the moral high ground on the companies you use without suddenly finding yourself unable to dress or eat.

So because it's impossible to buy 100% ethically it's better to buy 0% ethically?
No, not at all - it's just nearly everyone is an arsehole.

I try not to drink Coke, for instance, because they're scummers. Whilst doing so, I also avoid any news about Pepsi, because I know for a fact they'll be almost as bad.

I think every single supermarket would be out, too.
Oh man, timing is everything. I just checked the events calendar for the student union bar and guess what's happening tomorrow?

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Grim... wrote:

I try not to drink Coke, for instance, because they're scummers. Whilst doing so, I also avoid any news about Pepsi, because I know for a fact they'll be almost as bad.

I hope you avoided Twitter yesterday then :D
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:

What did I miss?
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Hahaha yup.
Fucking football. Balls to it. Waste of time.

Grump
DavPaz wrote:
Fucking football. Balls to it. Waste of time.

Grump

It's all right. Shame we couldn't do the double over Liverpool though.
"we"? Which team were you playing for?
MrChris wrote:
"we"? Which team were you playing for?

Malicool United
I think we all know that's a little unlikely
MrChris wrote:
I think we all know that's a little unlikely

Indeed
MaliCool is not a team. MaliCool is a vast number of the unconnected. There is no external driving force behind MaliCool. Brownian motion causes interaction between MaliCool particles, which emit waves of awesome. Formless, yet able to adapt to any vessel, MaliCool seeps into the gaps, cracks and pores of the meatspace, then, chills right down, kicks back, and shatters the contextual space into dispataye fragments, who can only stand, stare and admire what MaliCool is, how it got there, and what it will become.
MaliA wrote:
who can only stand, stare and admire what MaliCool is, how it got there, and what it will become.

Much like Donald Trump.
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
who can only stand, stare and admire what MaliCool is, how it got there, and what it will become.

Much like Donald Trump.

It was news to me to that vaingloriousness is considered a negative character trait.
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Much like Donald Trump.

It was news to me to that vaingloriousness is considered a negative character trait.

That, to me, is not news.
Always remember that the key part of vainglorious is glorious.
Cras wrote:

Cre-BOOM-do!
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Much like Donald Trump.

That's the difference. You do the news, I AM the news. I'm a hyper-kinetic ball of self replicating brilliance; a billion, trillion lumens of goodness; a shining light to mankind; a beacon radiating confidence and guiding, through inspiration, those around. I am the top of the parabola, the zenith of triumph, the summit of it all.
Grim... wrote:

Can't argue with that. :DD

I guess my thinking is that I can't fix or even make a difference to all the bad things so I pick the things I'm most passionate about and go from there. Feels better than doing nothing at all.

You avoid Coke (why? I am genuinely ignorant of what they get up to..), I boycott Nestlé, Myp avoids some random beer thing which I've forgotten already :D
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Much like Donald Trump.

That's the difference. You do the news, I AM the news. I'm a hyper-kinetic ball of self replicating brilliance; a billion, trillion lumens of goodness; a shining light to mankind; a beacon radiating confidence and guiding, through inspiration, those around. I am the top of the parabola, the zenith of triumph, the summit of it all.

You're a Tesco Value Dennis Reynolds.
Cras wrote:

*insert Bobby Roode entrance*
That's in my head about 80% of the time
Jem wrote:
You avoid Coke (why? I am genuinely ignorant of what they get up to..)

I read this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belching-Out-D ... +the+devil

I actually have it in paperback if you want to borrow it.
Yeah, that would be awesome.
Remind me at MeatUp.
MeatUp 2: Electric Boogaloo
MeatUp 2 The Streets
2 Meats One Cup
Ignore this, I'm just checking something.
Grim... wrote:
Ignore this, I'm just checking something.

Title
My team has moved to a much nicer office, with far more comfortable chairs and since of cleanliness. Going to spend the next few days auditioning various spots until I find the best one.
Also, I'm surprised I'm in at the usual time given I got back home at 01:30 this morning after the British Sea Power gig in Bristol. Which was awesome, by the way.
:DD

Superb. Eddie Mair is one of the best broadcasters around.
I break up today for 10 days off work by booking days around the easter weekend and bank holidays.

I am looking forward to this. I thought someone should know.
Nice one! Any plans?
Kern wrote:
Nice one! Any plans?

Going to the park.
Going to a couple of National Trust properties.
Going to Playgroup and Library group.

I can't wait!
Dunno what Mimi and Darwin will be doing, mind.
Have fun and relax!
I have today off. Tomahawk has decided Juice Newton's Angel of the Morning is the BEST SONG EVER and we are now on the seventh listen. Send help.
I'm working and I've got a difficult client to see this afternoon in Notts. It's not Myp.
At least you are working and have clients.
MaliA wrote:
I have today off. Tomahawk has decided Juice Newton's Angel of the Morning is the BEST SONG EVER and we are now on the seventh listen. Send help.

It is.
Bobbyaro wrote:
At least you are working and have clients.

I'm thankful everyday that I don't have to work for some twat but I still don't know how long I can make this work. Fingers crossed for myself.
Page 23 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]