Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
zaphod79 wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
There's a moomin exhibition at the southbank that I'm off to this weekend, will report back on what that's like, but it looks good.

That reads so much like something to catch a random roaming Mimi that I was not sure it was true until i clicked it - Russ if she's not seen it you'll want to make sure she knows its on

I have made her aware and it looks like we'll be going soon, thank you!
Gaz, maybe we should go to Pitt Cue?
Thanks for all the suggestions btw guys. Making a list so that we can fill our days with stuff the kids will inevitably moan about anyway :D
Jem wrote:

Try the JOWL.
Jem wrote:

If you think you can persuade the kids to eat that stuff then sure :P
I am sure they would do the kids some chips.
Do they like mash...?
Depends what day of the week it is. :shrug:

TBH it's probably easier if we just go there the weekend after when we're in London on our own.
Cras wrote:
Do they like mash...?

What's field surgery got to do with it?
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
What's field surgery, but a secondhand emotion?
Zardoz wrote:
Cras wrote:
Do they like mash...?

What's field surgery got to do with it?
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
What's field surgery, but a secondhand emotion?

:DD
Jem wrote:
I am sure they would do the kids some chips.

I suspect they wouldn't.
I wasn't being serious :)
I'm about to buy a ticket to see House of Pain because apparently it's the 90s again.
I should go to that, as I suspect I know twice as many House of Pain songs as most other people.
Grim... wrote:
I should go to that, as I suspect I know twice as many House of Pain songs as most other people.

So.. 2?
I didn't know they'd reformed. Is it all the originals or has DJ Lethal been replaced?

Their music with DJ Muggs will always be the best stuff they ever put out, not least because Muggs sound at the time was outstanding; like an early RZA.
Is there anything more brain time consuming than buying and selling a house?

Apart from Pokemon Go! I mean.

It's taken over now from being an idea for the future to signing a contract with an agency. Good thing though is that they said to put ours up at a figure £10k more than what we'd expect at most.
I've not even started building my 3D printer yet!
Grim... wrote:

I know more than that! I actually own the eponymous 1992 album with "Jump Around" on. It features DJ Lethal who later went on to join Limp Bizkit.
DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:

So.. 2?

Yup.
Grim... wrote:

I'd go anyway if only for the inevitable Jump Around encore bouncefest but I actually genuinely liked them outside of that and thought the Same As It Ever Was album was brilliant.

Satsuma wrote:
I didn't know they'd reformed. Is it all the originals or has DJ Lethal been replaced?

Apparently it's all three original members.
Bamba wrote:
thought the Same As It Ever Was album was brilliant.

Yes! It's about time someone said that.

Apart from that song about saving the children or something, which was nothing about children or saving them.
Satsuma wrote:
Apart from that song about saving the children or something, which was nothing about children or saving them.

Turns out I'm misremembering this. Everlast was on the Nice & Smooth album which had the save the children song. It was gash.

Remember them? No, no one does. But "Old to the New" was slamming jamming jamm0 w@mm0.
You guys are such a bad influence.

I was in a product safety review earlier, and after someone said "It's bound to happen after the right combination of articulation, pulling and stretching" I immediately responded "title" and got a blank look from everyone except a junior engineer who started giggling. I then had to change the subject pretty quickly.
Your junior engineer is a BeExer?
Please let it be Joans
Or a B99 watcher, though I suspect contracting it to just 'title' is something fairly unique to us
Doesn't B99 contract it to just "title" too?
Hmm, I didn't think so but I could be wrong.
No, they generally repeat the whole sentence and then add "title of your sex tape" on the end.
Well the worrying conclusion is that he lurks on Beex. I don't need that shit in my life. Run! RUN!
Mr Russell wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
There's a moomin exhibition at the southbank that I'm off to this weekend, will report back on what that's like, but it looks good.

That reads so much like something to catch a random roaming Mimi that I was not sure it was true until i clicked it - Russ if she's not seen it you'll want to make sure she knows its on

I have made her aware and it looks like we'll be going soon, thank you!

Reportage

It was lovely. Not quite what I was expecting. I was anticipating it being an opportunity to freely explore the forests and glaciers of Moominland. However, it was in fact a guided tour and biography for Tove Jansson, in a really cool setting. It's charmingly done and I found the tour genuinely interesting - Tove Jansson was a remarkable and bold person and the fact that almost every facet of the books are directly inspired by a part of her life is fascinating (e.g. Moomin Papa's gullibility is based on the fact her father was taken in by anti-Semitic arguments and became a Nazi-sympathiser.)

It only lasts 50 minutes which is about the right length of time.

If you can go during the week that's probably the ideal as it's inevitably pretty busy at the weekend.
Breakfast musing: If you only have one Weetabix, do you use the singular? Weetabick?
Weetab.

Although who the fuck only has one?
Grim... wrote:
Weetab.

Although who the fuck only has one?

My kids. They always mix cereal. The Girl had one 'bix and cornflakes this morning. Got me thinking.
Wetherspoons has replaced their actually pretty decent Devil's Backbone with this filth. I'm appalled.
Castrated ram spoons!
Lonewolves wrote:
Wetherspoons has replaced their actually pretty decent Devil's Backbone with this filth. I'm appalled.

Have you tried it?
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Have you tried it?

Bud Light? Yeah, in America.
Lonewolves wrote:

What filth? Am I not getting an image that should be loading or something?
Bud Light, I think.
Lonewolves wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Have you tried it?

Is it that bad? I quite enjoy a cold Coors Light on hot summer's day y'see. I expected it to be similar, perhaps naively.
Pabst Blue Ribbon for the win!
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Have you tried it?

Is it that bad? I quite enjoy a cold Coors Light on hot summer's day y'see. I expected it to be similar, perhaps naively.

It's made from rice and is quite disgusting. Also the parent company AB InBev holds some pretty shitty business practices.
Lonewolves wrote:
Also the parent company AB InBev holds some pretty shitty business practices.

It's tricky to take the moral high ground on the companies you use without suddenly finding yourself unable to dress or eat.
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Also the parent company AB InBev holds some pretty shitty business practices.

It's tricky to take the moral high ground on the companies you use without suddenly finding yourself unable to dress or eat.

Unless you buy your clothes and food from companies who are nice.
Page 22 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]