What have you bought?
Don’t say it, display it
Four (count 'em!) Toner cartridges
Smell my finger (x4).
"Yes you old fart this ink is fucking expensive, the cash point is over there"
So much packaging. Big box with 4 boxes inside. Each box has another box inside. That box has polystyrene inserts holding the toner, which is wrapped in plastic, with a plastic cover clipped over the drum and a pull off strip inside.
DavPaz wrote:
So much packaging. Big box with 4 boxes inside. Each box has another box inside. That box has polystyrene inserts holding the toner, which is wrapped in plastic, with a plastic cover clipped over the drum and a pull off strip inside.

Does that cancel out your biodegradable tape?
Satsuma wrote:
I really dislike leather or faux leather sofas. The noise, the sliding or rubbing, they feel a bit cheap too (even though they aren’t cheap in the slightest), nah not for me. And I associate them with old peoples houses from when I was a yoof and being dragged around relatives house who all had them. Fabric sofas for the win. Weird cause after typing that I’ve discovered I’ve got some negative psychological association with leather sofas; old people and old people smells. Still, fabric all day.

These are the first leather ones I've bought. I didn't plan to buy leather, but we had very specific size limits to get them up a flight of stairs and these the were the biggest it was possible to buy.
Upgraded my e-file so i can do my nails all fancy.
Headphones arrived. Not had a run yet but they defninitely sound decent, seem perfect for the job.

These ones in case anyone's after a pair:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/adidas-Sport-R ... r=8-3&th=1
They’re lovely. You went for the good colour, too.
We bought the Lego Mario set and it arrives today. Unfortunately it's for the kids' Xmas, so won't be seeing it in action for two months.
One of two rolls of diarrhoea coloured anti-gravity parcel tape that I bought from Disley post office. Interesting fact: Disley Co Op is on the corner of Cooperative Street, but they don't sell parcel tape.
Attachment:
20201017_122846.jpg
"Interesting fact"
:DD Depends what you find interesting. And it MAY just appear as a question in an upcoming Beex Quiz.

Edit: Come to think of it, it was two facts.
Warhead wrote:
One of two rolls of diarrhoea coloured anti-gravity parcel tape that I bought from Disley post office. Interesting fact: Disley Co Op is on the corner of Cooperative Street, but they don't sell parcel tape.
Attachment:
20201017_122846.jpg

Interesting fact: I used to play tennis at Disley Amalgamated before moving on to Woodside Tennis Club, because they have better courts.
“””””Interesting fact”””””
Interesting fact: Bedford also has some tennis courts.
Grim... wrote:

That is actually pretty interesting. I thought Bedford was all concrete
Mr Chonks wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It has a surprisingly lovely riverside area. Goes on for a long way.
I have bought a range of delicious glues.
Dimrill wrote:

I think my internet’s playing up as the images aren’t downloading
JBR wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Grim... wrote:

It has a surprisingly lovely riverside area. Goes on for a long way.

With delightful concrete tennis courts.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

I think my internet’s playing up as the images aren’t downloading

I've still got 15 shots on this Kodak before I can take it to the pharmacist.
Gentlemen Take Polaroids.
Zardoz wrote:
Gentlemen Take Polaroids.

Is that one of these new fangled things? I don't hold with them!
New Evercade cartridges.
That Oliver Twins compilation looks tempting, but I've barely touched my Evercade since buying it, although mainly due to a lack of time.
But they're only £14.99.... That's the beauty of them!

Seriously though, I've been waiting for Xeno Crisis for ages so I'm pleased with that. I've got to buy all of the cartridges now though because of those little numbers on the spines.
Some slightly unconventional cleaning products.

Attachment:
IMG_20201020_142900.jpg

Although I've got some permanent ink remover, it doesn't seem to shift everything, so I've gone for the dry wipe marker approach. The cocktail sticks will be handy for getting into cartridge/console grooves.
Xeno Crisis is on Game Pass. Also it’s couch coop only...hnnngh.
Satsuma wrote:
Xeno Crisis is on Game Pass. Also it’s couch coop only...hnnngh.

Yep, I've been playing it on that and also the Dreamcast version. It's nice to have the handheld version now though.
Bought a modded PS2. I tried the softmod route, but that only allows backups and files from USB to be played and I needed to be able to test/play original import games.

Attachment:
IMG_20201021_142226.jpg
I've been meaning to mod my PS2 for ages! I'd like the ability to play copied games and possibly stuff off a hard drive so maybe you've spurred me on to finding out how to do it.
TheVision wrote:
I've been meaning to mod my PS2 for ages! I'd like the ability to play copied games and possibly stuff off a hard drive so maybe you've spurred me on to finding out how to do it.

Quickest and easiest way would be buying preconfigured memory card on ebay. Literally just plug it in and you're away. The faff came with getting the games with the right filenames in the right location on the USB drive.
I'm such a sucker for odd handhelds that play original cartridges. Top one in the photo is today's arrival - the Pocket Game Players
Attachment:
IMG_20201022_104924.jpg
Been getting some shoulder pain while working from home and went down an input device wormhole. Ended up wanting a big graphics tablet in the end and almost spent £100 on a new XP-Pen Deco 3 before seeing one come up on eBay for £40 (supposed to be opened but unused but it’s been used - see what seller says back). Arrived this morning and after a bit of faff with settings and retraining my brain a bit I must say I’m very impressed! I had a cheap Wacom tablet yeeeeears ago but this thing is something else. Very pleased.
Great self portrait.
In the end, I had to.

Attachment:
23DA4EFE-1208-4C71-910F-50749AE96574.jpeg
Bought these the other day. Bass gets a bit muddy but they work very well at blocking out my wife's work meetings and there was an extra £10 off voucher too so only £20! 60hrs battery life allegedly too.
Two and half grands worth of windows (including the bedroom one which isn't pictured). Not a very exciting purchase but, given how utterly fucked the previous old-school single glazed sash windows were, a very neccesary one. The flat's already noticeably quieter, which is a factor I hadn't bargained for.
Also: my living room and the windows aren't actually a horrendous creamy white colour; the phone-cam just apparently really did not enjoy dealing with the light levels.
When do the curtains arrive?
Oooh you’ve got the big bits at the top and the small bits at the bottom! Fancy.
DavPaz wrote:
When do the curtains arrive?

Literally minutes after the picture was taken. They were express delivered from the bedroom they were temporarily sitting in. Incredible service, highly recommended.
Attachment:
Automatic Man.jpg
The new iPad Air 4.
There’s a £100 jump in price from the 3, but removing the home button makes it feel much more modern and it’s super fast.
Attachment:
Welcome to the cruise.jpg
I bought some rum, and I really like the label with a nicely stylised ethanol molecule.
Is it nice, though?
New kitchen light.
Page 33 of 79 [ 3950 posts ]