It's Monday Morning
And it's a sunny day
And I'm here at home, searching the ether for gainful employment.

Weekend was quite good, applied for several jobs, so fingers crossed, eh?

What's everyone else up to this fine day?
At work.

Wish I was at home.

But I got a good new soldier for MGS: Portable Ops from the work wifi connection and my copy of This Gaming Life arrived, so it's not all bad.
I'm installing Wordpress on my new hosting space. It's really good for writing blog entries.
myoptika wrote:
I'm installing Wordpress on my new hosting space. It's really good for writing blog entries.
I rebuilt my homepage, http://www.fscked.co.uk, around Wordpress about a month back and I've been very impressed with it. It's very very slick.
For the next fortnight, this IT department is down to just me as my boss suns himself in Barbados (assuming it's stopped raining there anyway ;) ) so it's going to be a hectic couple of weeks. Quiet before the storm at the moment though... I've got to move a department later.. that'll be er, fun.
richardgaywood wrote:
myoptika wrote:
I rebuilt my homepage, http://www.fscked.co.uk, around Wordpress about a month back and I've been very impressed with it. It's very very slick.

Yep, it's much better than posting them up on a forum, for example. I used it a couple of years ago but decided I want to start up another one now I have more interesting things to talk about.
richardgaywood wrote:
myoptika wrote:

In a very coincidental move, I installed wordpress just last night for a one-month blog that I'm doing, the details of which I'll share with you all in about a week. But yes, it's rather nice and tidy.
Trying to avoid dehydration, mostly.
Kern wrote:
Trying to avoid dehydration, mostly.

Aircon knackered?
Kern wrote:
Trying to avoid dehydration, moistly.

Best way to do it-FTFY.
Nah, just got very parched walking into work. Should have worn my hat too.
Beautiful sunny day here in Preston after the horrendous winds of yesterday. Just about over my hangover from drinking until 4am at my mates after the Khan fight.

I want to go home now, because Mrs Z just texteded me that my MacBook Pro has just turned up.
Working. Boo!

Have to write Best Man Speech I was meant to write weeks ago. Boo!

Have to phone to complain about too many things. Boo!

Had a really fun weekend though. Yay!
It looks reasonably bright outside here in Nantwich, but it's pretty cold, and I'm very grumpy about it being Monday. I hate Mondays*

*and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Curiosity wrote:

The internet is your friend. LOADS of ideas to get you started. Try to pic 'n' mix a few good bits together then personalise it as much as possible.
Us trusty Beteo-ers could help out too.

'I told him not to go through with it but he wouldn't listen so here we are...'
Curiosity wrote:

I'd help you out, but I don't want to use all the jokes I've got stored up for my speech at your wedding.
richardgaywood wrote:

Heh.
Zardoz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

The internet is your friend. LOADS of ideas to get you started. Try to pic 'n' mix a few good bits together then personalise it as much as possible.

Indeed.

I've done it twice before, which is why I'm more bored and annoyed with it as opposed to nervous. I've used the internet's best and second-best jokes already. I'm going to have to use the third-rate ones (or fourth-rate if I write my own) now!

It's also being written for two people to read, as it's a joint-best-man thing (coincidentally, so were my previous two efforts, how odd), which is slightly more difficult (though good with punchlines).
I was up in the Lakes all last week with my missus. Unfortunately she doesn't have as much annual leave as me so I'm off back up there now to wander the hills and mountains in solitude until weekend when some friends are coming up and bringing her with them. It will be the longest we've spent apart in the seven years since we've been together :kiss:
It appears that I will be spending my Monday cleaning up after a SQL injection attack.
Don't forget you're supposed to be playing mafiascum too.
Plissken wrote:
It appears that I will be spending my Monday cleaning up after a SQL injection attack.

And fixing the code so that it can't happen again, I would hope!
Plissken wrote:

Sounds like you'll need a bucket of bleach for that.
markg wrote:
I was up in the Lakes all last week with my missus. Unfortunately she doesn't have as much annual leave as me so I'm off back up there now to wander the hills and mountains in solitude until weekend when some friends are coming up and bringing her with them. It will be the longest we've spent apart in the seven years since we've been together :kiss:

Man, I love that place. I was there last weekend in Keswick. Where about are/were you?
GazChap wrote:
Plissken wrote:

And fixing the code so that it can't happen again, I would hope!

Yep. Trying to figure out the how, why and wherefores right now. Bastards.
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Mrs A is at work with my wallet and I'm at home wanting to go to the pub and have a beer or three before she returns home so I can sit down with the paper over a pint. Shit.

However, I do know that the pub runs tabs on occasion, so I might ask them very nicely.
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ]