Netflix
... Was terrible.
Gotta be gutted about that page break.
Actually I think it accentuated it nicely. Comedic page break timing, points to the vision.
Just in case I'm not the last person to know about this... if go into your Netflix account settings in a web browser, there are a couple of useful settings for each profile:

Attachment:
netflix.PNG

And these settings will carry through to other devices. No more damn auto-previews on the Xbox.
devilman wrote:
Just in case I'm not the last person to know about this... if go into your Netflix account settings in a web browser, there are a couple of useful settings for each profile:

Attachment:
netflix.PNG

And these settings will carry through to other devices. No more damn auto-previews on the Xbox.

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 9#p1037819
Oops. I did at least search the forum before posting. :)
Just watched "The Old Guard" a film about ancient immortals doing covert ops in the modern day. Trying to make the world a better place. Charlize Theron plays their leader as a shady group is looking for them.

I really enjoyed it, full of action, interesting concept and execution. Chiwetel Ejeofor tags along in a tidy supporting role.
Yeah, we watched that tonight. It was decent I thought. Would watch the sequel they set up if it ends up getting made.
All currently available episodes of Money Heist has been watched. That was quite the ride. Hugely entertaining, in no small part by the characters Nairobi and Berlin. Really enjoyed it all.
I gave up half way through the 2nd season.
Enjoyed the six episodes of High Score on Netflix, covering the history of videogames, but focusing less on the detail (it'll often jump around time-wise and miss milestones out) and more on peoples' stories along the way.
oh we were looking at that, any idea why its a 16? cos miss 10yo would also be interested
miki wrote:
oh we were looking at that, any idea why its a 16? cos miss 10yo would also be interested

Probably mainly for episode 5 which covers violent videogames, although it's mainly Mortal Kombat and Night Trap. Episode 6 has Wolfenstein & Doom in it too.
thanks, I'll tell steve
I’ve watched all of All of Us Are Dead. It was a pretty decent effort from the Koreans at a zombie show. The cast is huge, the effects are great, the extras are enormous, the CG is well done and, man, it just looks expensive. Unfortunately all the usual tropes are here with little effort to tell a more complicated story and it just comes off as, well, a Korean version of the usual zombie premise. There’s little here that hasn’t been seen before. Added in are the usual Eastern tropes too with lengthy times when fuck all is happening and they sit around trying painfully to be philosophical. It’s all a little ‘anime’ for want of a better word (or several words).

but there’s absolutely plenty to enjoy and there’s plenty of the Game of Thrones style “who will die next” which keeps you on your toes a bit. Plus some ridiculously tense moments and enough kicking with powerful dropkicks or genuinely great looking gore that make the action look great.

Mind you, there’s enough stupidity and nonsense moments on display to make Hearty have a fucking convulsive fit.

Overall: very good if you want to watch some zombie action and aren’t too sick of some zombie action. And you aren’t Hearty.
The fact that writers and directors always insist on their lead characters being utter fucking morons in order to drive plot in such shows actually makes me feel a bit better about humanity's chances of surviving global catastrophe.
Cras wrote:
The fact that writers and directors always insist on their lead characters being utter fucking morons in order to drive plot in such shows actually makes me feel a bit better about humanity's chances of surviving global catastrophe.

I feel seen
Again.
Uncoupled is pretty good, easy viewing. I don't think anyone saw this in NPH's future when they were watching Doogie Howser.
Grim... wrote:
Uncoupled is pretty good, easy viewing. I don't think anyone saw this in NPH's future when they were watching Doogie Howser.

Yeah I'm about 5 in, it's good TV. Mainly because NPH is so watchable
:this:

If you're not comfortable with the idea of boys kissing boys, however, you'll want to dodge this one. There's a lot of sexytimes.
Sounds like that'd be up @Jem's street ;)
I finished it last night, and while it was good I can't help but feel it perpetuated the myth that "any gay man will sleep with any other gay man".

But did I have a problem with the fact that any woman would sleep with Hank Moody in Californication? I did not, so maybe I'm being a dick? I dunno.
Grim... wrote:
:this:

If you're not comfortable with the idea of boys kissing boys, however, you'll want to dodge this one. There's a lot of sexytimes.

Now we're talking...
Grim... wrote:
But did I have a problem with the fact that any woman would sleep with Hank Moody in Californication? I did not, so maybe I'm being a dick? I dunno.

Yeah, but we’d all (including you) definitely sleep with Hank Moody, so that’s understandable.
Giphy "hank moody":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/csHPmUzZ1muJy/giphy-loop.mp4
Can't believe that nobody has mentioned the finale of BCS or Sandman. Best week of telly in absolutely fucking years.
Grim... wrote:

Fox >>>>> just any man though
Page 16 of 16 [ 778 posts ]