The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
Curiosity wrote:
You clearly need to expand upon how your line management expertise extends not just to official line management, but also the amazing job you did of training and mentoring people with whom you have worked.

Yes, I think pushing that harder would be good. Ta.
MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
You clearly need to expand upon how your line management expertise extends not just to official line management, but also the amazing job you did of training and mentoring people with whom you have worked.

And upwards management.

And managing to fend off the adoring hordes.

I am MaliA. Intergalactic Explorer, Renowned Space Pirate (retired), Style Icon and Master Brewer. Yes.
MaliA wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

And upwards management.

I am MaliA. Intergalactic Explorer, Renowned Space Pirate (retired), Style Icon and Master Brewer. Yes.

Can’t you fit retired grime DJ in there too?
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

And upwards management.

That was about taking the beats from the streets of Brixton and giving the massive some exposure. I was their guiding hand, the music made them the success that they are, my input was minimal.
Grime came from east London, Brixton is in the south west.
MaliA wrote:
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

And upwards management.

That was about taking the beats from the streets of Brixton and giving the massive some exposure. I was their guiding hand, the music made them the success that they are, my input was minimal.

And what is that if not people management?
Grim... wrote:

Are you saying that there might be a whiff of bullshit from someone who buys Alastair Campbell books to read?
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Are you saying that there might be a whiff of bullshit from someone who buys Alastair Campbell books to read?

Never underestimate MaliA. Gnomes did, and now he's banned.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Never underestimate MaliA. Gnomes did, and now he's banned.

Right? The remain party, too.
Grim... wrote:

Exactly my point.
I have buggered my ankle but won some running under ware.
No need to model it for us. Hope you heal up sharpish.
Lonewolves wrote:
No need to model it for us. Hope you heal up sharpish.

I have one preprepared ....

Will see if the swelling is down by Wednesday.
We really don't need to see your swollen runderpants.
markg wrote:
We really don't need to see your swollen runderpants.

you are safe
This morning started off as a Nay. I had taken the day off and ordered a skip to get rid of all my old rotten wooden garden furniture. My son woke up @5am and was sick so no nursery= me getting nothing done as he will follow me around all day insisting I play trains with him.

He insisted on getting into bed with us and slept for the first time ever, so next thing I know its 9am and a call from the skip hire wakes me up! So first Yay there as not slept that late for months.

The more Yay as I got most of the stuff in there as my son was interested in "helping" Then I got over my obsession with filling skips in a day and realized that leaving it on the drive all week and filling it as and when was not an issue.

So played trains with my son most of this afternoon and then spent 40 mins whispering to sleep whilst he gave me a worryingly long verbal list of all the Thomas trains he wants from Santa.
KovacsC wrote:
I have buggered my ankle but won some running under ware.

Crutches have gone back, i can walk again. Which is fab, another week of rest.

I am up to season 7 of TWD, so all good
Had our first parents evening last night, my son is still at Nursery but they have one all the same.

Was dreading it as he has been naughty pushing other kids over etc and we have another meeting to work on a standard reward\ sanction process at home and nursery to deal with this in a couple of weeks.

Overall it was good though, the teacher said he has made good friendships and is very good when they do forest school (a trip to the woods in my day :) )

They said he has selective listing in that sometimes in PE his won't do what he is told then other times he is really good. Also he needs to work on his interactions with other kids, he tends to push a kid etc if he wants something like a toy instead of asking if he can have it.

She also said that he never cries or whinges and tells tales even when he gets pushed over etc.

He also told his teachers that his daddy likes Thomas trains as much as him, which is sort of true!

So all in all quite pleased and relieved!
If I've learnt anything from TV it's that your child is naughty because he's bored because he's an ubergenius :)
Mr Russell wrote:
If I've learnt anything from TV it's that your child is naughty because he's bored because he's an ubergenius :)

Its all about him wanting to do things or not really. He is very wilful and confident, I couldn't really think of anything he is frighten of.

The point they made about him tending to push a kid when he wants something doesn't happen at home.

If he wants something from me and I'm not playing ball, he will ask, then he will ask and say please, then he will ask and say please do it for me daddy. The finally he calls me by my first name!

So 4 levels of verbal request there,
asfish wrote:
The finally he calls me by my first name!

I pretended to be Santa on the phone to my 3-year old grandson, because he wasn't going to bed - he bought it 100% and shot upstairs, bless him, apparently telling everyone he spoke to Father Christmas at nursery today. :D

On the one hand - nay, I'm old enough to be believed to be Father Christmas :'(

On the other hand - yay, I'm jolly enough to be believed to be Father Christmas :D
If you said "Ho, ho, ho", three women in stilettos would turn up.
Cavey wrote:
I pretended to be Santa on the phone to my 3-year old grandson, because he wasn't going to bed - he bought it 100% and shot upstairs, bless him, apparently telling everyone he spoke to Father Christmas at nursery today. :D

On the one hand - nay, I'm old enough to be believed to be Father Christmas :'(

On the other hand - yay, I'm jolly enough to be believed to be Father Christmas :D

Good work!
To a 3 year old, 16 is unimaginably old. Certainly enough to be santa.
Mr Dave wrote:
To a 3 year old, 16 is unimaginably old. Certainly enough to be santa.

To be fair, and believe it or not, I'm a few years older than that. But thanks, man. :D
Star Wars Battlefront VR mission - Yay

Motion Sickness - Nay
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Star Wars Battlefront VR mission - Yay

Motion Sickness - Nay

Try:not having motion sickness
Try doing 'Nay!' then 'Yay!'.

Sheeesh.
The university is awash with snacks!
DavPaz wrote:

Needs more nay then yay
Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Needs more nay then yay

Giphy "fat bastard":
http://media.giphy.com/media/10Zk1eKkpc2lcQ/giphy-loop.mp4

edit: That's fucking rubbish!

Giphy "fatty":
http://media2.giphy.com/media/2OPocm8zOp3Jm/giphy-loop.mp4

2nd edit: SHITE!

Giphy "fat fucker":
http://media.giphy.com/media/4pMZr5Y8CiGkM/giphy-loop.mp4
Fuck it. I give up.
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Needs more nay then yay

Giphy "fat bastard":
http://media.giphy.com/media/8uqE3N1p0efDy/giphy-loop.mp4

edit: That's fucking rubbish!

Giphy "fatty":
http://media2.giphy.com/media/2OPocm8zOp3Jm/giphy-loop.mp4

2nd edit: SHITE!

Giphy "fat fucker":
http://media.giphy.com/media/EICsPs7V9UkCc/giphy-loop.mp4
I love the randomness
We're away for the weekend. MrsA and the Advance Party are already there. MrsA texted me a list of stuff to bring. So I put it all in the car last night and arrived at work at half eight. At half past ten, I sat bolt upright in my chair and swore. I begin to panic. I text MrsA. She replies in the negative. I panic more. Now, I'm not saying this sort of stuff gets done for me, but I only had the clothes I was wearing as I was meant to pack a bag for myself. Which wasn't on the texted list. So i had to buy a Boba Fett (useless bounty hunter, waste of space) tee shirt and some socks and pants.
Oh my. A special form of special.
MaliA wrote:
We're away for the weekend. MrsA and the Advance Party are already there. MrsA texted me a list of stuff to bring. So I put it all in the car last night and arrived at work at half eight. At half past ten, I sat bolt upright in my chair and swore. I begin to panic. I text MrsA. She replies in the negative. I panic more. Now, I'm not saying this sort of stuff gets done for me, but I only had the clothes I was wearing as I was meant to pack a bag for myself. Which wasn't on the texted list. So i had to buy a Boba Fett (useless bounty hunter, waste of space) tee shirt and some socks and pants.

I've changed my mind. You're not selfish enough to be a Tory.
JBR wrote:
Oh my. A special form of special.

:DD :DD
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Are you mad? He was caught unawares because he was expecting it to have already been done by the staff...
Cras wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Are you mad? He was caught unawares because he was expecting it to have already been done by the staff...

Ok, he's definitely a Tory.
Cras wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:

no, he specifically said that wasn't what happened. What happened was that he doesn't remember stuff unless a grown up tells him to do it
My contract at work has officially been extended....

By a month.
TheVision wrote:

By a month.

It's going to be awkward when your predecessor comes back and wants her earphones.
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:

By a month.

It's going to be awkward when your predecessor comes back and wants her earphones.

She's already back! They weren't her headphones though.
At least it clears you over Christmas.
We're out of Salted Caramel hot chocolate and the banana I just started eating was gross and went in the bin.

There was a Double Decker in the fridge that had been rescued all mangled from Chloe's coat pocket. I had to peel the wrapper of it, but it was still good! :smug:
Page 6 of 29 [ 1412 posts ]