Connecting a 360 controller to a PC
How?
Hi - is there a way of connecting a (wireless) 360 controller to a PC, does anyone know?
You need something like this
Yes, they call it the wireless gaming receiver.

I tend to think you're better off just getting a spare wired controller to use with both though.
I was just looking for the driver for the wired controller but none of the links on the microsoft site work.
On both XP SP2 and Vista, I just plugged it in and it worked.
OK, thanks guys. I think I agree about the wired controller option. I was actually asking on behalf of someone else, so I will pass the info on. Cheers again.
Just a note to remind that the play and charge USB cable for the wireless controller won't work at all. I remember someone on WoS thought it would.
It works fine, it does everything it does on a 360.

Someone incorrectly supposed that connecting a charging cable to a PC would magically make their wireless controller send stuff down the wire, which it doesn't.

And yes, you shouldn't need a driver.
Runcle wrote:
I was just looking for the driver for the wired controller but none of the links on the microsoft site work.

You could try downloading the driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog (that is if it doesn't appear through traditional Microsoft/Windows Update). Access the page through IE (it'll piss and moan under Firefox) and search for "Xbox 360", and you should be able to track it down no problem.
Whatever you do, don't get the wireless receiver and try and get it working under 64-bit Vista. It's a twat.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]