Strange phone call
Ahoy!

This morning I got a phone call on my mobile (N95). It was a mobile number - it wasn't withheld - an 07 number. I answered it and a Scottish bloke asked for "Sandra". Before I could finish saying "you've got the wrong number", he'd hung up.

Fair enough, I thought. Wrong number. However, what was really strange about it was that the number he called from doesn't show up in my received calls, missed calls or anywhere in the extensive logging malarky in the N95 phone. It's as if the phone call never happened. I've never had a logging problem before. Every number that rings me is stored as a received or missed call, and even withheld numbers say "Unknown Number" or similar.

What the chuff is going on?
You may have had a stroke. Check your brain.
I have an independent witness, my girlfriend, who handed me my phone when it was ringing!
Your mission is over. Please return to your home planet.
Damn, I was just getting into the groove of this life thing.
Oh jesus, why did I not come here earlier?

Don't go to sleep tonight. Get out of the house, go to somewhere they can't find you. Bring food.
Too late. Jonarob is currently tied to a chain in a hidden location, being punched awake by goons.

A shadowy figure watches from the edge of the room, beyond the reach of the single, intensely bright light directly above Jonarob's head.

*WALLOP* Jonarob is finally roused from the chloroform. The mysterious figure steps forward.

"Jonathan Rubberblobmachine, welcome to The Club. The game was actually a recruiting tool. Unfortunately, you were the only person who bought it, so you're the only member. You will now spend the rest of your life endlessly running around mazes, shooting people against the clock and being unable to jump over ankle-high barriers."
HAHAHAHA! Top drawer, Meaty.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]