Nintendo Switch (formerly "NX")
Now public!
There's 4 profiles in the switch. I have a Nintendo Online sub Do I need a Nintendo Online sub for the profile BigOne uses if she wants to go to the Dreamworld thing in Animal Crossing?
I believe so yes... But you might want a family online account?
Ta.

That's a pain!
Actually, it's money grabbibg bollocks, that's what it is
So big nintendo direct yesterday..
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/ ... ndo_direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVHbzcr1-D8

I alwaus love mario golf.. It seems to take an everybody's golf turn here (the running mode)
Zelda port. .(don't really need it)
Like the triangle project look.. will do the demo soonish..
Got apex/ fall guys on ps4... but good for the platform i guess
@mmimi, did you like miitopia?

and wonder about splatoon 3.. splatoon 2 was basically splatoon 1, but on the switch (and a beefed up single player), so wonder where they will go..

never heard of the new fighters in smash
Pacman 99 came out today.. quite baffled what's happening, but basically it is pacman ce dx battle royale.. the battle royale consist of outlined pac mans standing in you way.
SmallOne threw up over the switch today. Now the base light is flashing green. Coupled with the joycon drift, I'm not that impressed with it at all.
And new Mario Party!
I love Advance Wars. Wish I’d kept my GBA SP and those carts…
Zardoz wrote:

I think the originals are worth a bit now too... Just to make you feel better.
I'm still very fond of my gba micro, though the battery is pap on it these days.
Findus Fop wrote:
I'm still very fond of my gba micro, though the battery is pap on it these days.

Beautiful thing. Mine rarely saw any use, though, and the screen was a bit small for my eyes. I was happy to sell it last year.
TheVision wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

I think the originals are worth a bit now too... Just to make you feel better.

Yeah, I'm sure they are now. No hard feelings, I had lots of use from mine and it was traded in towards a DS or something else to play on at the time.
Zardoz wrote:

I know not the same (and not Grim...'s space sheep) but there are plenty of websites that will just launch an emulator and throw the rom at it

e.g.

https://arcadespot.com/game/advance-wars/
Yeah, ta. The joy was playing it on the SP itself though, on longer than I should have taken lunch breaks (due to playing the game itself)

See also: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Zardoz wrote:

I still got my micro and Aw in, such a lovely combi
We're going to get 'the kids' a switch.

I am looking forward to playing some Zelda as it has been a long time. I also made sure to slip a pro controller into the order, just in case.
I’ve been playing Lonely Mountain. I had a look at the online store and it was reduced so I picked it up. It’s a downhill mountain bike game. It got very good reviews and I have to say it’s quite a lot of fun
Super Bomberman R is also reduced at the moment (can't seem to find it on the Nintendo site, but it was around £5) so a couple of us were playing it in multiplayer yesterday. It's not bad, but the CPU AI is a little too good. Or we were just terrible at it.
DBSnappa wrote:
I’ve been playing Lonely Mountain. I had a look at the online store and it was reduced so I picked it up. It’s a downhill mountain bike game. It got very good reviews and I have to say it’s quite a lot of fun

This was recommended to me, I might grab it now, too!
It is very nice, got it on the ps4.. start relaxing, but getting the perfect run is difficult..
really enjoying the wario ware demo..
romanista wrote:
really enjoying the wario ware demo..

I pre-ordered it last week because you get a free wario tote, which is obviously essential
Anyone getting Metroid Dread? It sounds marvellous (unfortunately I enforce a no £50-game policy, so will have to wait for it to drop marginally in price before picking up.)
Metroid is one of those games that I've always tried to like, and can appreciate how good it is, I just don't think it's for me.
TheVision wrote:
Metroid is one of those games that I've always tried to like, and can appreciate how good it is, I just don't think it's for me.

Prime was probably my favourite GameCube experience (and also my first metroid). Currently trying to get through Super Metroid with Fop the Youngest and it's proving very taxing. It's stressing us both out.

Conversely I've tried to get into SOTN about five times and bounce off it every time. I either get lost or stuck on a boss or both.
TheVision wrote:

He said is anyone getting it. ;)
I have just ordered the OLED and will get it today. A marathon treat.

Any fun game recommendations to while away the hours :)
Play with your brand new PS5 instead? :D
DavPaz wrote:
Play with your brand new PS5 instead? :D

Can't take that out the house :)
KovacsC wrote:

Are you suggesting that you're going to run your next marathon while playing on a Switch?
KovacsC wrote:

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
GazChap wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Are you suggesting that you're going to run your next marathon while playing on a Switch?

It would keep me distracted from the pain :)
Hades and Carrion.
MaliA wrote:
Islanders

That is a lovely little game.
Grim... wrote:
Hades and Carrion.

Hades is a bit good isn’t it
Game of the year 2020 according to IGN, Gayming Awards, SXSW 2021, BAFTA, and D.I.C.E Awards.

And me.
I need to get back to Hades. I got out once and my desire to keep getting out diminished enough for me to move onto other games. Very much have unfinished business there.
KovacsC wrote:

Hurrah! Glad you got the OLED, although now of course I am as jealous as hell.

Suggestions?

Animal Crossing - Join us! Join us! / Sinister chanting.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Kind of like a fantasy X-Com with RPG elements. Probably my favourite game on the Switch. It's like Harry Potter meets an epic fantasy-medieval war tale. House Blue Lion all the way!

Hades - Yeah, it is great. Nuff said.

Islanders - Soothing and relaxing puzzler. Except when you're playing it at the Cottage and are interupted every two minutes by people walking past and asking you what it is. Like, six times in a row.

Haven - Just completed this. Beautiful bitter sweet sci-fi French game with a visual style reminiscent of Moebius and a great ambient Daft-Punkish soundtrack. You play two lovers who have fled to a distant planet from their mildly oppressive society that would keep them apart. Explore the planet, survive, uncover mysteries. The voice acting, story and script are fantastic - I was really wrapped up in it like a novel, though some may find some of the gameplay mechanics a tad repetitive I really enjoyed the flow of it.

Spiritfarer - It makeh me cry!

Rogue Trooper - Cheap and cheerful old school shooter. Not great but surprisingly fun and a must for 2000AD fans.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Obviously.

Enjoy!
NervousPete wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Suggestions?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Kind of like a fantasy X-Com with RPG elements. Probably my favourite game on the Switch. It's like Harry Potter meets an epic fantasy-medieval war tale. House Blue Lion all the way!

Islanders - Soothing and relaxing puzzler. Except when you're playing it at the Cottage and are interupted every two minutes by people walking past and asking you what it is. Like, six times in a row.

Haven - Just completed this. Beautiful bitter sweet sci-fi French game with a visual style reminiscent of Moebius and a great ambient Daft-Punkish soundtrack. You play two lovers who have fled to a distant planet from their mildly oppressive society that would keep them apart. Explore the planet, survive, uncover mysteries. The voice acting, story and script are fantastic - I was really wrapped up in it like a novel, though some may find some of the gameplay mechanics a tad repetitive I really enjoyed the flow of it.

Rogue Trooper - Cheap and cheerful old school shooter. Not great but surprisingly fun and a must for 2000AD fans.

Enjoy!

Thanks for these, a few games I haven't considered, there. Though I have actual xcom sitting on my switch waiting to play, I might give fire emblem a look.
Findus Fop wrote:
NervousPete wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Suggestions?

Enjoy!

Thanks for these, a few games I haven't considered, there. Though I have actual xcom sitting on my switch waiting to play, I might give fire emblem a look.

Would also highly recommend all the steamworld games, if one is yet to play them. Steamworld Heist is a particularly delicious xcom flavour of game.
NervousPete wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Suggestions?

Enjoy!

I will be getting a few of those. Thanks
Islanders, Haven and Spiritfarer sound interesting - I'll add those to the list to check out when the kiddos get their Switch.
System update with the switch online expansion live... expanded because of AC..

N64 games have been sharpened up, but not sure if that makes them look better... Starfox felt weird.. nice to have some quick mario tennis though
XCOM2 is a bit good isn't it...
Yes. Did you get War of the Chosen? If not, fix that and play it with WotC
I think the Switch version includes WotC by default, although he may have started a new game without it active?!
X-Com2 is gud. It is missing the edgy high-concept dystopian sci-fi of the equally excellent Mario vs Rabbids, however.
Page 34 of 36 [ 1782 posts ]