Nintendo Switch (formerly "NX")
Now public!
xbox live on the switch?now that'a a surprise https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... tch-mobile
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 4918632448

Kirby and Mario 2 are your Games for February. Excellent!
Bought via Ali Express a Nice little cable to use my GameCube controllers... i must say the waveboard is stil the best Controller ever Made..
The Nice green A button just fits so good inderdaad my thumb.

Reality bought to many control options now

- the 8 bit do SNES style pad. Sinds i thougt ht the pro controller was too expensive
- the pro controller, since my Son asked that for st. Niclas to plat fortnite with (and it was a bit Chevalier achter a year)
- the pokeball controller, since it gave my daughter na extra Pokémon.
- the flipgrip to plat Ikaruga in tate mode
- and now the cable tvuse my Cube controllers... stil surviving Threes generations later
- oh and you van plat just dance with Your phone
A Nintendo Direct has just been on with some ace looking games. Tetris 99 and Astral Chain look pretty damn good but...This was the highlight for me!

A Gameboy game from 1995 remaster.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 6298750977

Hot damn that music made me want to cut my ears off and eat them.
I'm just downloading Tetris 99.

It's a battle royal Tetris game!

Of course it is...

And here you go! This is what 99 games of Tetris being played at the same time looks like.

https://twitter.com/TheXboxVision/statu ... 1319271425

cool, just downloaded tetris 99... free if you have the online service... really nice take on tetris... feels like it matters..
Tetris has never clicked with me before, even though I must have owned it for at least five systems going all the way back to the Amiga, which Gaz told me was the original!

However, Tetris 99 is great, even though I am terrible and my best is #28. Sal is a lot better and she’s got a couple of top tens.
Lonewolves wrote:
the Amiga, which Gaz told me was the original!

First commercially available version was IBM PC, I reckon
GAZ CANNOT BE TRUSTED

Tetris was the first entertainment software to be exported from the Soviet Union to the United States, where it was published by Spectrum HoloByte for the Commodore 64 and IBM PC.
I was the first person to clock it.
Vr tetris is where its at these days.
Mr Dave wrote:

Yeah, Tetris on the 3DS was great!
I must've misheard him saying, "it was GazChap released first on the Amiga."
TheVision wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Yeah, Tetris on the 3DS was great!

Don't forget the Virtual Boy version too.
The open beta of Trials Rising is now playable. It’s the same maddeningly addictive formula as previous games in the series, and I’ve just lost two hours to it when I thought I’d give it a quick go.

Not sure if I’ll buy it on the Switch though, as it doesn’t have analogue triggers, so I’ve been using the right stick for accelerate/brake instead.
I gather that the right stick works for accelerate and brake.

Dunno if there's anything you can do to get rid of the N64 era fog though.
LewieP wrote:

I literally said that’s what I was doing. It doesn’t help when you want to use gas and brake at the same time though.
Lonewolves wrote:
LewieP wrote:

I literally said that’s what I was doing. It doesn’t help when you want to use gas and brake at the same time though.

Sorry brain fart.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 1473024000

Reggie is retiring and handing Nintendo over to Bowser.
Apparently if you have a GameCube controller and the adapter for smash, the analogue shoulder buttons are supported by Trials.
LewieP wrote:
Apparently if you have a GameCube controller and the adapter for smash, the analogue shoulder buttons are supported by Trials.

That makes the fact that the Pro controller doesn't have analogue triggers even weirder.
Lonewolves wrote:
LewieP wrote:

That makes the fact that the Pro controller doesn't have analogue triggers even weirder.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first game on Switch to support Gamecube analogue triggers, but yeah.
Lonewolves wrote:
I must have owned it for at least five systems going all the way back to the Amiga, which Gaz told me was the original!

Not quite, I said I always associated it with the Gameboy even though it had apparently been ported to the Amiga before then ;)
GazChap wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I must have owned it for at least five systems going all the way back to the Amiga, which Gaz told me was the original!

Not quite, I said I always associated it with the Gameboy even though it had apparently been ported to the Amiga before then ;)

No, you definitely said Amiga was the first release. Stop backtracking.
LewieP wrote:

I do have a gamecube adapter (albeit not official), can i join this trials beta?
romanista wrote:
LewieP wrote:

I do have a gamecube adapter (albeit not official), can i join this trials beta?

Just download it from the eShop.
I've started playing that Octopath Traveller.

God-DAMN it's hard. I've only played like 6 hours or so and done the first chapters of 5 of the people (there's 4 chapters for each of the 8 characters).

I've barely been able to buy any gear for my merry band of fannies cause I have to keep buying these sweeties that revive my dead companions. And they die a lot in the boss fights. Fuck me, do they die. I've had multiple attempts at every boss I've met and I've only just started the bleeding thing. These bosses don't fuck around either, one dude has an insta-kill move for one character if they're not blocking AND at about full health, some fucker poisons the entire band and does over 100 HP damage each time, another fucker keeps reviving two companion dicks to help him beat my ass.

And my fannies? That woman with the dagger can fuck right off. She was hitting one guy for 1 HP of damage. ONE FUCKING POINT OF DAMAGE. Good job I had her though cause just a random battle saw this annoying monster who would not die and was strong to every weapon I had! Except the dagger, which was the only weapon that could break him. BUT STILL FOR ONLY 5 damage. But then the damage of my other fannies was doubled... and the hardest hit was 30 DAMAGE. Fuck sake, it took ages. And it drained a load of potions for reviving mana and all that shit.

It's old-school is what I'm sayin'. But it's a bit of a steep learning curve cause I never played JRPGs when I was a young un'.

The graphics are fucking PIXEL ART, again, but they're not too bad to be fair. Nicely stylised and it has this really aggressive depth of field effect that looks really good.

So yeah, I'm playing a game on my casual Nintendo Switch and it's about as hardcore as you can get. Jesus.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 7810541568

Couple more free games for you.
I have ordered Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker on Prime Now to help get over tge continuing disappointment that I do not have a date for Animal Crossing.
I'll be your date for... oh, wait, no, I see.
Mimi wrote:
I have ordered Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker on Prime Now to help get over tge continuing disappointment that I do not have a date for Animal Crossing.

It is so good, you’ll love it!

I’m sure Russ will be your date

-edit- fucking hell, I managed to completely miss JBR’s post.
Lonewolves wrote:
Mimi wrote:

It is so good, you’ll love it!

I’m sure Russ will be your date

-edit- fucking hell, I managed to completely miss JBR’s post.

My lack of quotation probably didn't help. Great minds, etc. etc.
I think, after due consideration, I’m going to choose JBR.
We played a few of the opening challenges and it was good, puzzly fun. If they don’t get significantly bigger in scope, however, the game appears very short.
Mimi wrote:
We played a few of the opening challenges and it was good, puzzly fun. If they don’t get significantly bigger in scope, however, the game appears very short.

I thought that, until I realised there were three episodes (plus spoilers a bonus one).

It gets harder, especially if you’re trying to get all three diamonds.
Lonewolves wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I thought that, until I realised there were three episodes (plus spoilers a bonus one).

It gets harder, especially if you’re trying to get all three diamonds.

Super, that’s good to know. So far we’ve been getting the three diamonds plus then redoing it for the bonus challenge, but that aim may fall by the wayside as the difficulty increases.
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/sta ... 6263430144

?

Dat picture doe.
Looks brilliant... Hopefully there'll be a new Pokemon Snap. That seems ideal for it!
I’m still playing Octopatg Traveller and I’ve just about got into the swing of all the mechanics and stuff, which is good because I’m 38 hours into it (and that’s just completing 3 chapters (of 4) of each of the 8 characters stories).

I’m pretty into about half of the 8 stories but they’re mostly your usual anime fare.

But the best thing about this game are THE BIG NUMBERS. There’s not much else more satisfying as seeing THE BIG NUMBERS smash right out a boss character. I don’t know why I dislike NUMBERS popping out of someone in, say, a shooting game but get a real hard on for BIG NUMBERS in a JRPG. One blow I dealt made BIG NUMBERS of 9,999 spurt out a dudes face and suddenly I couldn’t see. I was cumming so hard my glasses fell off.

Octopath Traveller: not for everyone but if you enjoy numbers you’ll enjoy these numbers.
Satsuma wrote:
One blow I dealt made BIG NUMBERS of 9,999 spurt out a dudes face and suddenly I couldn’t see. I was cumming so hard my glasses fell off.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is numberwang.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/splato ... 03-3199414

7 day trial of Splatoon 2 also gives you a 7 day trial of Nintendo online
JUNE! Get in my fucking games machine!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 8876740609

Today I am doing good adulting.
Damn, is the lobby scene of Ape Out worse than MW2’s airport scene!? Discuss.

Actually no, but it did throw me for a second especially since this is currently a console exclusive on Nintendo’s Mario machine.
https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo?ref_=NSO1

Free Nintendo Switch online for those with Amazon Prime via Twitch Prime.
Nintendo have announced that BotW and Mario Odyssey will have VR support when the Labo VR kit launches. Odyssey has some new missions to play whereas BotW will allow you to play the whole game in VR. That's amazing!
Page 25 of 36 [ 1782 posts ]