Rock Band vs Guitar Hero: World Tour
Quandary
It seems that Eurogamer have a preview of GH:WT up at the moment.

I wasn't holding out much hope for it, but it sounds really good. I just hope that Neversoft's note charts have improved.

I was going to save up for Rock Band, but I'm just not sure now. I guess the best thing to do is wait until GH:WT is out and see which one ends up the best.
myoptika wrote:
I wasn't holding out much hope for it, but it sounds really good. I just hope that Neversoft's note charts have improved.
:this: The devil is in the details with this sort of game. Since getting Rock Band, and playing several metric assloads of it, it's shocking how much better the note charts are than in GH3. IGN's preview that I read this morning says when you create a song, and other people download it, the Expert difficulty is whatever you played and the other difficulties are automatically generated from the expert one. This does not fill me with confidence. Want to bet this autogeneration technology has been used in the game, too? Neversoft are programmers and not musicians and I think it shows.

Plus, they should have made the instruments compatible with Rock Band, something Harmonix clearly wanted to happen. Not doing so is stupid and greedy.
The create-a-song thing seems staggeringly pointless on the face of it. If you've got the know-how to get something worthwhile out of it, then surely you're a musician who doesn't need to be making music on Guitar Hero?

The character creator sounds good, though.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]