Bits & Bobs 46
A new B&B for a new year !
The link from Oxford to the International Tourist Hotspot won't be ready until December now, meaning another year of the A34. Oh well.

This is Oxfordshire:

Unhappy Company spokesman wrote:
“Some of the local opposition is very well organised and very well-informed, which can drag you down and is a real turn-off to developers who can choose where to spend their time.”
KovacsC wrote:
Ready for winter?

Span Big Car 90 degrees this morning. Oops.
That's a hell of a quote! :DD

"They won't just roll over and take it, so some people take their ball home." a local business developer cried, looking at the empty space in his car boot where his Christmas hamper should be.
I'm with the developers on this one: I want that railway built. I also find it very hard to sympathise with the poor downtrodden BMW-owning homeowners of North Oxford (until someday when I become one...)
Oh, yeah, completely, especially as half of them are commuters into London as well. I just think the quote is great and shows up these people for what they are.
Grim... wrote:
Kern wrote:
I have a similar problem with spaghetti portions.

As did my wife, until I got her one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joseph-Adjustab ... B001VC6PSC

Attachment:
71xUW1JRvSL._SL1500_.jpg
If I need to be accurate enough to justify measuring it, I just put a water glass on my scales and stand spaghetti up in it until I get the weight I want (75-110 g per person, typically.) I already own the glass and the scales. I therefore scowl at this gadget.
Lairy Holly Willowboobies and Philip Snokefield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLLnPcvgEw
Right? Hardcore. She's so clearly drunk.
God she's amazing
I bet she can measure her own spaghetti
Haha, that's great! I bet some joyless bores have complained, though
We very much enjoyed watching this. Bless 'em.
New bike get. Only took 3 months of deliberation, sitting on a decision for a week then changing my mind at the last minute to go for the 2015 model of the same back because it was ludicrously heavily discounted online.
What did you go for?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
changing my mind at the last minute to go for the 2015 model of the same back because it was ludicrously heavily discounted online.

I love it when stuff that barely changes year to year (tellies, amplifiers) have inexplicable annual model refreshes and deep discounts on the outgoing models.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
New bike get. Only took 3 months of deliberation, sitting on a decision for a week then changing my mind at the last minute to go for the 2015 model of the same back because it was ludicrously heavily discounted online.

Spill
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Spill

Boike

Got it for £600 however, was going to drop £1,000 on the 16 model (and you'll note giant themselves - either online or at the shop half a mile from here - haven't reduced their official 2015 price from £1k).
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Spill

Boike

Got it for £600 however, was going to drop £1,000 on the 16 model (and you'll note giant themselves - either online or at the shop half a mile from here - haven't reduced their official 2015 price from £1k).

That is lovely. And a snip at that price.
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Spill

Boike

That is lovely. And a snip at that price.

I did of course go off pose after our discussions, largely because I moved away from a pure road bike to give more future use than the next six months

In other news I'm up to £500 in kit in my Evans cycles basket (all to be paid for with tesco points so technically free).
Clip less pedals and shoes
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Spill

Boike

That is nice.
MaliA wrote:

I have finally got used to them
MaliA wrote:

In the basket. I've also got some flat pedals for the first couple of rides as I've not used a bike in over ten years.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:

In the basket. I've also got some flat pedals for the first couple of rides as I've not used a bike in over ten years.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/
Clipless pedals are evil. And badly named.
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Rule 50, bitch.
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Rule 50, bitch.

I got the book and leave it suggestively around the bike shop.
I was aware of the Mario done in Doom but I think I've missed Sonic Doom which looks 1 zillion % more fun than any recent Sonic game. You might know about it but for those that don't or have forgot:

DavPaz wrote:
Clipless pedals are evil. And badly named.

Indeed. I just had to Google them, assuming they were bog standard pedals.

Last weekend I removed my non-clipless pedals after trying to get used to them for about 12 months. Never really felt comfortable with the cleats, especially with the kid on the seat in the back.

So this weekend I went for a very nice cycle down by the sea, with kid in the back, and didn't fret once about getting my feet stuck in my pedals and bailing over in front of a bus. Which was nice.
But the power gainz! I will be clipless when I get my road bike but for off road? No chance. Cant have fun in cleats!
I agree cleats for a road bike.. I need to get out on mine more
As I'm taking my car to a garage today to get the ABS light looked at, I didn't have to get up at my usual time. I set my alarm so I'd get another half-hour in bed this morning. I still woke up at the usual time. Bah.
Been invited to speak at a conference about whatever it is I do for money. Which is a shame as I would rather be appriached to speak about making beer, being a space pirate and netrunner stuff.
Once you are up the front, no-one will stop you speaking once you start, regardless of what you talk about.
I'm in a bad mood today. Im supposed to be in a meeting at half 10 for 2 hours but I've told my boss that I'm not going. No point is there?
The rumour mill at work is doing overtime as there are plenty of signs pointing to us being sold.
Slavery is wrong.
I'm not sure, i'd need to watch a film about it to find out.
Trooper wrote:
I'm not sure, i'd need to watch a film about it to find out.

Probably shouldn't limit yourself to 'Birth of a Nation' then.
Grim... wrote:
Slavery is wrong.

Of course it is. Slavery is the absolute worst thing in human history.

But maybe...

I am really wrestling with the 'black dog' today.. i need cheering up :)
KovacsC wrote:

http://www.listal.com/holly-willoughby/pictures//1
Grim... wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

http://www.listal.com/holly-willoughby/pictures//1

:kiss: cheers Grim...
KovacsC wrote:

wrestle something else!

"Never orgasm again.
or
Every time you orgasm, instead of regular sperm, a singular, urethra sized sperm cell is ejaculated. The large sperm must be caught and killed when disposed, or it will flop around until it finds an appropriate orifice to impregnate."

a Reddit Would You Rather
Findus Fop wrote:
'Would you rather'

'There's a whale in the Tham - oh'
KovacsC wrote:

Wrestle with these .... If you can catch 'em.

Saturnalian wrote:
Oooh, my fave.

Everyone knows that telephones like that should be red, you fool.
Page 6 of 60 [ 2971 posts ]