Rick and Morty
Get Schwifty in here
Fuck you, Rick and Morty is getting its own thread, because it's fucking brrr (belch) rrrilliant (and the sixth-best non-documentary TV series of all time, according to IMDB).

It's fucking ages until the new series, but they had a guest spot on The Simpsons if you've not already seen it.

Also... Planet Express!
Yeah this is one of the best shows on TV right now.
People aren't watching Rick and Morty?

In bird culture this is considered a dick move.
well im watching it noooowwww.
krazywookie wrote:
well im watching it noooowwww.

The pilot or the "first" episode? There's confusion about which is which.

(the pilot involves seeds)
I'm up to about ep6. Cheers :p
I watched the entire thing over the weekend, for lack of anything better to do. It's bloody brilliant, I don't know why I waited so long to watch it.
Suddenly, a wild Davyydd appears!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Suddenly, a wild Davyydd appears!

I'm easy to summon - blastbeats, bullet hell, or cartoons with swearing in. Rick 'n' Morty satisfies two of those criteria. Wubalubadubdub!
I want to watch this, but it's not on Netflix, and if it isn't on Netflix or BBC iPlayer, and isn't in my Columbo boxset (ZOMG, I have a boxset of every Columbo episode ever. Columbo is so awesome :luv: ) then it doesn't work in my house :(
I need something to watch when I'm done with the Young ones. This seems ideal!
It's bloody brilliant. Find a way to watch it!
I found it on the internet by clicking on a thing then it turned up on my hard drive.
I'm pretty sure you can watch it free on adult swim.
Russell clicked an internet button and it down came onto the tellybox.

I'm going to eat some crisps, then watch this.
Hmmm... I don't like the pupils of the characters' eyes
Rick and Morty christmas jumper!

I've already got my jumper this year - it's an Einstürzende Neubauten one, because of course it is, but one or more of you lot should grab one of these.
I was about to say the burping got boring about ten minutes into the first episode
The first episode is by far the worst
I didn't give much mind to it after the first episode, but watched two more which were indeed better. The burping is still dull and laboured, though. The animators also appear to be obsessed with testicles.
Mimi wrote:
The animators also appear to be obsessed with testicles.

Probably men.
I was watching Season 2 as it was airing and then it suddenly ended. They only do 10 episodes! I was expecting more, like a proper 24 episode season or something.

What about that cliffhanger, eh?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I imagine Morty can just go to the council of Rick, recruit some more Ricks, and bust the Rickest Rick of of jail?)

ps: The improvised cable TV shows are terrible and not funny.
Wtf? Do you have ants in your eyes?
They've just got too loose a feel.
Quote:
It's in theaters now! Coming this summer: Two brothers.
In a van.
And then a meteor hit.
And they ran as fast as they could from giant cat monsters.
And then a giant tornado came and that's when things got knocked into 12th gear.
A Mexican armada shows up.
With weapons made from To-tomatoes.
And you better bet your bottom dollar that these two brothers know how to handle business.
In: Alien Invasion Tomato Monster Mexican Armada Brothers, Who Are Just Regular Brothers, Running In a van from an Asteroid and All Sorts of Things THE MOVIE!

Hold on, there's more! Old women are coming, and they're also in the movie, and they're gonna come, and cross attack these two brothers.
But let's get back to the brothers, because they're they have a strong bond.
You don't want to know about it here, but I'll tell you one thing: The moon it comes crashing into Earth.
And what do you do then? It's two brothers and and th-they're It's called Two brothers Two brothers! It's just called Two Brothers.

I've watched that about ten times. It's amazing.
Fine. I will watch it. I am watching it.

I've got as far as "Where are my testicles, Summer?" I had to pause it to come in here cause of the lulz. It's certainly hitting the right notes with me, I like it.
Mind you, it ends and I'm sat here thinking that the entire episode was about nothing. Just nothing. No story. No plot development. No character progression. We don't even learn how the virus became airborne. No, hang on, wrong show. Anyway, it was just a weird little episode about nothing and I'm completely fine with that. The best episodes of the Simpsons/Family Guy didn't try and ram a story way up in your backside so a scanner couldn't detect it (unlike all the recent Simpsons/FG) so I'm pleased that sort of episodic nonsense has found a new home here.
Don't forget to keep watching for the post-credit scene (except for the pilot).
I think Futurama (the good episodes) or Red Dwarf (episodes from the good series) are closer than The Simpsons or Familly guy.

It's pretty different, but in quite a few ways it's a good successor to Community (also by Dan Harmon). The vast majority of it is funny, but then there's occasional tragic moments, which are all the more impactful because they are out of the blue. It's similarly fast paced to Community, where you sometimes don't even have time to keep up with all the jokes. Then there's the using pop culture reference as a vehicle for jokes, not like how modern Simpsons just makes a reference and That's The Joke, but to actually say something funny.
Mr Meseeks: Fucking love it.
Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Meseeks: Fucking love it.

Stolen from Grim...:
Oh that's good.

As was "Rick Potion #9." I especially loved Morty's expressionless face after burying himself and taking his place.

There's enough ideas here for a film. Mr Meseeks could be a Adam Sandler movie perhaps. Only Adam Sandler gets killed in the first 5 minutes by Mr Meseeks in an overly long graphic depiction of Mr Meseeks stabbing Sandler in the mouth until he can't say words ever again. In slow mo. It'd win awards.
Mr Meseeks is ace. I liked that, though I was far less interested in the adventure of Roick & Morty themselves. I don't mind Morty, but Rick bores me. It's OK, but not excellent. I told Peter to watch it, as he is young and understands things.
The iOS game is oot: Pocket Mortys by [adult swim]
https://appsto.re/gb/W9Nk7.i
Oh wait, you only have a shitty android phone? Shame.

But you can gets it too! Here's a link because I don't discriminate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ketmorties
Three episodes into this on Netlflix, it's fantastic :)

I think it's been on there for a while but I've sort of been ignoring it for no particular reason, and after going into POST-BINGE-MISERY after gorging on Santa Clarita Diet I was working my way up to launching into another 'something' again, but without taking on a programme that's got three million fucking seasons to wade through.

Rick and Morty is perfect, sub-half hour slices of animated delight, and only two seasons in existence.

It's got me into proper 'LOL' territory several times already, which is generally where I cosy up to the bosom of something and invite it in to guide me through all its episodes.
I watched the first one and didn't think much of it.
PSA: there are post-credit scenes.
Grim... wrote:
PSA: there are post-credit scenes.

Oh, balls, I've recently watched both seasons and didn't know this.
You probably want to go back and watch them.
I'm really looking forward to watching again this evening once WIFE AND CHILD are upstairs, that's the mark of a good programme.

Hearthly Jnr did come back down to the lounge for something last night and asked 'Is this suitable for children?', just as something very unsuitable happened onscreen, at which she screeched and ran out of the room.
Why is no one talking about the incredible new episode?
I'm still watching Season One!
I watched it.

It was more of the same, so just very good telly that rocketed along at a fair pace.
I also watched it, and enjoyed it.

Rick and Morty is brilliant, everyone. Get on it.
Page 1 of 3 [ 135 posts ]