Rick and Morty
Get Schwifty in here
LewieP wrote:
Why is no one talking about the incredible new episode?

Because I have not seen it, mainly.
I..don't really get it?
Pundabaya wrote:
I..don't really get it?

Me, neither. I watched the second one on Friday night when drunk and thought it was ok. Probably won't continue
MaliA wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
I..don't really get it?

Me, neither. I watched the second one on Friday night when drunk and thought it was ok. Probably won't continue

It's not Malicool, that's for sure
I watched the first one of the new series cos a dodgy YouTube version showed up in my Facebook feed. (Never seen an episode before) It was... Alright. There were some funny bits, but I can take it or leave it.
Pundabaya wrote:
There were some funny bits, but I can take it or leave it.

:this:

Not sure what all the fuss is about tbh. It's fine, perfectly adequate TV, though. A solid 6/10, like Firefly.
Breaking news: Markg dead. Witnesses report seeing a large man with a beard running him over in a dusty Tomcat.
Pundabaya wrote:
I watched the first one of the new series

But the spoilers!
I've only seen the first two (maybe three?) episodes of the first series. It was pretty funny, but I'm not overly fussed about watching the rest.
Eh... Who cares about spoilers for a cartoon show?
No, because I'm probably not going to watch another episode.
So, maybe, all the people in this thread that do watch it?
Not that there have been any - I meant that watching S03E01 reveals the resolution to quite the cliffhanger.
I haven't watched any of this. Should i watch any of this?
So I just got ten minutes into the first episode and, while i feel I'm about to blaspheme or something, this is a bit shit like.
The first episode certainly isn't the best.

That's not to say you'll like any of what's to follow.
If you can make it to the Mr Meseeks episode (the sixth episode I think) you'll discover that you loved it all along. Either that or you're a humourless robot.
I liked the pilot episode a lot, but I'm aware that lots of people thought it was pretty weak.
MrChris wrote:
So I just got ten minutes into the first episode and, while i feel I'm about to blaspheme or something, this is a bit shit like.

This is because you like things that are Malicool
Yeah it took a few episodes to work properly for me.
I loved it from the start. Wait, hang on... could it be...

No. Ignore me.

Well, I'd better mention it.

Could MrChris be wrong?
My bum twitching is intensifying for VR.

Wubalubadubduuuuuuub!
No, it's still not funny.
I've been persisting with this - currently midway through season two. I like the creativity and originality more than the humour I think. Anyway, for those that didn't already know, the first episode of season three is online now
They got the sauce
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status ... 8001393664

Implication is that McDonalds will be offering it to customers again some time soon.
I'm still on the fence. Have watched the first few episodes and a random one from later on. It is still exceptionally annoying every time he burps a lot. I think if they just removed the burping it would improve the show by about 20%.
I agree. It irritates me, which makes me irritated by the show as a whole.
Burps are funny
It was the burps that made us stop watching.
It is, by far and away, the worst thing about the show.
I could care less about the burping.
I couldn't care less about the burping.
Mr Russell wrote:
It was the burps that made us stop watching.

At first I wondered if it was going to be just the longest build up to a delayed reveal joke in TV, but there was no joke funny enough, even after a few episodes, to justify the tediousness of it.
I've done an experiment in the vein of the show and watched a random episode and counted the burps.

Which one: Total Rickall s02e04
How many burps: 2

So there you go, you're moaning about nothing based on "evidence."
Didn't they purposely tone down the burping after the first season though? So if Curio's watching season 1 and you've randomly picked from season 2 then your evidence is a bit crap.
How dare you, Sir.
Heh. I watched half of s01e03 and there were tons. Glad to hear they tone it down as it's just irritating. I quite like his odd speech patterns aside from the burping!
S01E06: one burp

#burpwatch
Latest episode was incredible. Funny in the usual way, but also had some very interesting stuff with the characters.
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIICK
G R E A T E P I S O D E

It was different for Rick & Morty and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The burp count was high so it may not be for everyone who doesn't like Rick burps. Also, there's some farts.

4 farts I think but I wasn't counting cause I was enjoying the story. #4artwatch
I think I've watched all but one of the episodes of season one and two... It's still alright, innit?

The best episode is the "Mr Poopybutthole" one.

Is it me or do the ones with the A & B plots have one good plot and one pretty weak one? For example the Mr Meseeks (look at me!) Plot is pretty damn good, while the other plot is really fucking weak, and basically exists for the King Jellybean stuff.
I tried watching it, and couldn't get past part-way through s1ep3. It's just too gross and cringy. It sort of reminded me of Ren and Stimpy in the way it made me not want to watch it. But I was about 11 when Ren and Stimpy was on, and there was nothing else on tv so I made myself watch it, like a fucking masochist.

There was one particularly gross weird episode that featured rubber nipples, they must've said those words in every sentence. And for some reason, there was a man wearing them as knee warmers... I don't know man, it was bloody weird. I feel kinda violated just remembering it.
Ren and Stimpy? Squirrel chewing on exposed dental nerves. What the fuck? Scarred for life.
Rick and Morty has finally clicked during the second half of season 2. Yay!

Ren and Stimpy was glorious for 3.5 seasons.
I've now watched all the episodes. I sort of get it now. I enjoyed most of the episodes anyway, but I see why it's special.

I do worry that people aren't getting that Rick is a massive cunt, and sure he kicks ass, but he's not supposed to be a hero.
Page 2 of 3 [ 135 posts ]