Rocket League will be your favourite Bezzy Game [PS4/PC].
FACT.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
We've done one practice session which went pretty well.

Apart from Runcle not having a headset.

When is the World Championships?

Doesn't say yet. But it'll last three months.

Prediction: out first round, due to spending much of the match sending messages about Ainsley (Ainsley Harriott to be precise), Reg Vardy and Costco.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Not for us.
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Not for us.

Word.
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Not for us.

Word.

Because you'll get caught in No Man's Land, facing the wrong way, as usual.
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Not for us.

Word.

Because you'll get caught in No Man's Land, facing the wrong way, as usual.

Title
Hey Romanista, saw you tried to invite me earlier, I wasn't playing at the time though, I just had the PS4 left on while doing something else. Please feel free to try again any time, it would be great to have some more bezzie gaming with this. I'm also going to try and broadcast when I play, so you can all point and laugh.
ah better luck next time..

rocket league as the future of esport https://medium.com/the-nexus/the-future ... .nfoap62v7
I have made it to Prospect III in Solo Standard. My latest session initially disappointed me since I didn't get a single MVP, but looking back at it, I have to say I feel convinced that my hard work to anticipate and disrupt the other teams efforts has a decisive influence on the results, and that 6 wins out of 6 games surely can't be down to just luck.

I love this game so very, very much. I don't think I have ever had more joy from a multiplayer game.
I still make so many mistakes, though...
a nice to hear..

did collect 150 collectibles to get the final normal achievement which gave me sort of pride (my first platinum) yesterday....

and april 26 hoops!
The Rocket League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
26/04/16 9:00 PM
ah hoops edition?

depends if i go to a king's birthdayevening bash tomorrow
romanista wrote:
ah hoops edition?

depends if i go to a king's birthdayevening bash tomorrow

I was racking my brain because I thought there was something I was doing April 26th, but I guess the hoops release was it!
Before i played with lasermink , i played with a dutch / english friends some games, including the famous comeback

EU qualifiers coming up on twitch in half an hour: http://www.twitch.tv/rocketleague
Getting the "hang" of aerials...

Good work on the comeback Roma! Also great goal Minky baby. I haven't played in ages - you're probably better than me now…
Attachment:
B2DRij6[1].jpg
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/05/24/rock ... st-pc-foes

As of tonight Xbox one owners will be able to play with PC owners. That's good news!
TheVision wrote:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/05/24/rocket-league-will-pit-xbox-players-against-pc-foes

As of tonight Xbox one owners will be able to play with PC owners. That's good news!

Shouldn't have any problems finding anyone to play against now!
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/05/24/rocket-league-will-pit-xbox-players-against-pc-foes

Shouldn't have any problems finding anyone to play against now!

Worldwide, there must be literally dozens.
Oh you two... You are funny.
I think I'm spending at least an hour every day on this game (probably a lot more), but getting teamed up with randoms is driving me crazy at times. I've all but given up on Solo Standard, it's just too frustrating, and I much prefer playing unranked now. It can take a while to get matched up with interesting players, but when it clicks, it's just sublime.

Please, if anyone here is even remotely interested in forming a team just to see how it might work out, let me know. I am playing on both PC and PS4 now.
Can't think of anyone who would like to do that. :insincere:
Communication is going to be my main weakness, and I see we're off to a good start!

Let's get going, then. Is Curio or someone else in on this? Should I just try to catch you online or should we set a time? I haven't used my PS4 much lately.
lasermink wrote:
Communication is going to be my main weakness, and I see we're off to a good start!

Let's get going, then. Is Curio or someone else in on this? Should I just try to catch you online or should we set a time? I haven't used my PS4 much lately.

Most evenings I am on iRacing, so just contact me via Steam (or on here). Curio's participation is very much dependent on his wife allowing him to use the TV.
Lonewolves wrote:
lasermink wrote:

Most evenings I am on iRacing, so just contact me via Steam (or on here). Curio's participation is very much dependent on his wife allowing him to use the TV.

*snort*
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
lasermink wrote:

*snort*

I don't know what you're laughing at
Nice article by Matt (think a member here as well) about the archealogy of car football in gamers https://medium.com/@gingerbeardman/game ... .69xdjsppj
To celebrate 2,000 career goals, here's a video I've made of when I scored five goals in just over a minute. Which was today.

I have purchased a proper headset, so if I can keep my voice down, I should be able to play even if the gf has gone to bed - it will also let me play with people on PC, if anyone's interested.
lasermink wrote:
I have purchased a proper headset, so if I can keep my voice down, I should be able to play even if the gf has gone to bed - it will also let me play with people on PC, if anyone's interested.

I should really get around to buying it on the PC, it'd give me more opportunity to play it. Is it Rift compatible? :D
Lonewolves wrote:
lasermink wrote:

I should really get around to buying it on the PC, it'd give me more opportunity to play it. Is it Rift compatible? :D

I poked you the other day on Steam, but got no reply. I suppose you were busy testing your Rift on Shower With Dad.

I guess it's a bit late to mention that RL was in the Steam Summer Sale.
lasermink wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
lasermink wrote:

I poked you the other day on Steam, but got no reply. I suppose you were busy testing your Rift on Shower With Dad.

I guess it's a bit late to mention that RL was in the Steam Summer Sale.

Yeah, was having a shower-off with my gf. We then played Mount Your Friends. Sorry I didn't reply.
Thanks for the game, chaps, I thought that went really well. But my girlfriend told me I was shouting like an old man! Probably because I couldn't hear my own voice with the headset. Next time I'll try to reduce the volume in the headset significantly and see if that helps. There doesn't seem to be an option to hear your own voice, but that would probably be really weird anyway.
Rocket League does make you shout though - it's so much fun
Excellent tips from one of the top players:

One thing he doesn't mention, but which is mentioned in many other places, is that it is a good idea to swap the default functions of the L1 and Square buttons (ie. put air roll/drift on L1), because it lets you use boost while air rolling or drifting.

Many top players also tweak the camera settings to get a wider FOV and a better view of what's behind the ball when it's right in front of you, but I haven't experimented with that yet.
Pretty good I guess. I did this today which is quite similar.

Rather enjoying this. I'd started playing offline seasons just to get the hang of it, but the Rookie difficulty doesn't really give a good intro to the game - the AI is set so low that you end up doing all the work yourself as your teammates can't be relied upon to defend or shoot properly. Thankfully Pro offers more of a challenge so I feel I'm actually learning to play now. Only played a handful of online games so far as multiplayer isn't usually my thing, but at least I'm starting be useful in a match instead of handicapping my teammates. :)
Lonewolves wrote:
Pretty good I guess. I did this today which is quite similar.

Haha how did they not score that?

After playing a lot of online games over the weekend I'm no longer the ball-chasing waste of space that I used to be. I'm getting better at mid-air stuff but I still have a terrible time judging where the ball is going to land when I'm on the floor.

Hate hate hate the neo-tokyo stage, though.
When I first saw that Neo Tokyo stage, I thought it was a nice idea to have a different layout of stadium... till I played it. It just ends up in chaos.

I'm slowly getting better at judging the aerial stuff, but I'm often getting beaten by those who do those boosted jumps to reach the higher balls.
Press x, wait a bit, press again to go as high as you can.

Also something I didn't know until recently is that once you hit the "blerm" top speed you can stop boosting, as you won't go any faster but can maintain the speed.
Funnily enough, I'd just accidentally discovered the double jump. I should have probably gone through the tutorials. :)
devilman wrote:
Funnily enough, I'd just accidentally discovered the double jump. I should have probably gone through the tutorials. :)

Oh, you really should.
Incidentally, the double jump is very useful on Neo Tokyo to get up on the elevated area in a controllable and speedy manner.
Grim... wrote:
Also something I didn't know until recently is that once you hit the "blerm" top speed you can stop boosting, as you won't go any faster but can maintain the speed.

This is also indicated by a purple trail. If you turn sharply, your speed can decrease.
If you could play just a bit earlier, I would be able to join you more often. (1 hour time difference)
Page 7 of 11 [ 512 posts ]