It's Thursday!
All aboard, all aboard, woohoo
Craster wrote:
Highly skilled psychiatrists in "non-depressed people less likely to cut themselves" breakthrough!
Careful now. The MRI results aren't in yet; don't jump to conclusions.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
so I'm going to have my brain scanned, very exciting. :)

We can do this for you. Only 100 dollar.

First we cut off top of head to get to brain.

Then we scan brain using fast Amiga 500 computer. You see brain in 4096 colour.

You like?
chinnyhill10 wrote:
You like?

:DD

The MRI results will more likely show that I'm predisposed towards cutting other people, rather than myself.
Today I nearly slipped on my arse on slippery scaffolding right in front of the bricklayers, who thought it was the funniest thing they've ever seen. In hindsight, I should've slipped and broken something so I could sue my employer and have to leave work.

I also nearly went football training but came home and ate Revels instead. I will go next week....

MRI scans are horrible! The machine is so loud and a bit scary, you have to stay perfectly still in them for 20 minutes, which is hard as every time it starts a cycle it makes a massive noise and you jump out of your skin!
I have to admit to a certain amount of worry that CG's headsponge is going to be used as the template for a totally normal person.
There was only one question that gave me the opportunity to mention I get a little bit angry at some things, but the psychologist interviewing me didn't think it was too much of a concern. :)

One of the other questions was a timed thing. I had to, quite unexpectedly, name as many words as I could (non-nouns) starting with the letter A. You'd be surprised how quickly you run out of words when you're put on the spot like that.
flis wrote:
MRI scans are horrible! The machine is so loud and a bit scary, you have to stay perfectly still in them for 20 minutes, which is hard as every time it starts a cycle it makes a massive noise and you jump out of your skin!

You can practice for this though so it is like a walk in the park.

Remove the glass door from your washing machine and stick something in the door mechanism so the machine still thinks the door is there.

Get an ironing board and lay it so it forms a kind of table in front of the open washing machine.

Lay on the board with your head in the machine (be careful that your head doesn't touch the sides). Then get a friend to set the machine to spin dry.

Hope this helps.
flis wrote:
Someone I was in university with went on to do a medical physics PhD. He spent some time working on one of the biggest and baddest MRI scanners in London. At full whack, he calculated the electromagnet was powerful enough to lift a Transit van off the floor. Now you know why you're not allowed to have any metal on your body!
Page 2 of 2 [ 59 posts ]