Taking the Brexit
This is all looking very depressing. ?:|
Agent Starling wrote:
This is all looking very depressing. ?:|

Indeed :(
Go look at Lindsay Lohan's Twitter. Go do it now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lindsaylohan ... 6032745472

Quote:
@Independent why? prove the UK will not trigger anger by allowing (sunderland) to lower the UK pound - THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Fuck the BBC, I'm getting my coverage direct from The Lohan.
Lohan is amazing.
Lambeth, Exeter and Oxford all remain! Can losing the gap a bit.
Malc wrote:
Lambeth, Exeter and Oxford all remain! Can losing the gap a bit.

Can losing - closing
Glasgow takes remain into the lead
London seems to want to stay. Wandsworth is stay
For fucks sake, gaywood.
Over 6.6 million votes counted, and leave is winning by 3000 votes!
RemiN up by 4,000 no 55,000

Liverpool remain! Didn't expect that
Looking to me like it's going to be leave.
Yeah, approaching half way mark, and leave wining by 350,000
Just too depressed to sleep now
Mimi wrote:

:this:

Also the pound seems to be worth about 2p now.
I'm not getting much work done today, watching the numbers come in. I've never been much of a fan of Alex Ferguson (though I do respect his achievements) but it really does seem like 'squeaky bum time'

I'm nervous. I want to stay in Europe, but I have a few friends that are vehemently supporting leave (and posting all that horrid junk). Facebook has seen some heated discussion and, I think, a fair amount of close-mindedness.
Agent Starling wrote:
Mimi wrote:

:this:

Also the pound seems to be worth about 2p now.

Quote:
Currency traders say these moves are more extreme than those seen during the financial crisis of 2008.

"Never seen anything like it. These are once-in-a-lifetime moves, bigger than Lehmans and Black Wednesday, and we haven't even had the result yet," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.
The BBC has called it, saying no way for remain to win, with 70 regions to declare, leave is winning by just under 900,000
So, my grandad is from the isle of Skye, my dad from Greenock, I'm from London, I live in the south hams, and work in Exeter.

All voted to stay, so you can't blame/thank me.
Oops. So much for my forecasting skillz :(
Fucking twats. Meltdown has already started I see.
Fuckkkkkkk - Please please please don't end up with leave winning.

(although, I'm not sure how it will really affect me currently, other than the fact I was planning to sell the flat we still have in the UK and buy a house out here - a weak pound will be bad for me there).
57 left to declare.
This absolute fucking shithole of a country.
I can't shake the feeling that in years to come this will be rued as an awful, awful mistake. Feels like people have been deceived and have actually voted to be worse off.
Sir Taxalot wrote:
I can't shake the feeling that in years to come this will be rued as an awful, awful mistake. Feels like people have been deceived and have actually voted to be worse off.

Yes, but it worked.
We weren't expecting them to use pens. Rumbled!
Sir Taxalot wrote:

I'm more worried that they've voted for the rise of the populist right across Europe and the end to an era of relative stability.
Jesus Christ. Pictures of people celebrating when the pound has fallen 10% and the FTSE is expected to open 19% down.

That's a fifth of the value gone overnight.

Champagne time you cunts.
Don't worry it's just a blip. Once Gove, Farage and Johnson are in charge we'll be racing ahead.
Well that's torn it. If nothing else, this has proven that this forum and my Twitter feed is full of good people.
But that the country at large is 52% full of total fucking halfwits.

I desperately hope I'm wrong and that the instincts of mouth breathers are weirdly more accurate when it comes to the markets and geopolitics than those of more or less every financial and political expert. Time will tell I suppose.
Fucking twats. I'm off to New Zealand.
Cavey wrote:
Oops. So much for my forecasting skillz :(
Fucking twats. Meltdown has already started I see.

I have spent the past month desperately hoping that you were right like last year. Not often that has happened ;).
UK economy collapsed by $350 billion in the space of a couple of hours. Currency in the toilet. Pensions decimated. Scotland and NI want to break up the Union. Global markets in a state of panic. That went well then.

And Boris Johnson isn't even Prime Minister yet.
So what happens now. This was advisory?
Can't wait to at least see Cameron's face later this morning. Some little crumb of cold comfort.
Just saw the news as I woke, genuinely feel sick. Wtf Britain.
markg wrote:
Can't wait to at least see Cameron's face later this morning. Some little crumb of cold comfort.

It's not often I have sympathy for Cameron. But if I was in his shoes, I'd be tempted to put a motion to trigger Article 50 into the commons today, then as the pound and the FTSE burn to the ground, resign and hand the whole mess over to Johnson and Gove to look after. See how far their venal ambitions have taken us.

I'm bewildered and angry and sad. We will rue this day. Not just for the direct consequences of this outcome, but for what it means for political discourse.
...goes off to look at property in Dublin.
I'm genuinely looking seriously at emigrating to New Zealand now.
I'm also gutted
first thing I thought was "Cavey promised it wouldn't happen" ;)

I however have the sad sad feeling that the same referendum in my own country would have yielded the same sickening result
small minded, dumb, racist people live in many countries :(
Well... fuck.

Silver linings to all this? Umm... interest rates aren't likely to rise anytime soon?
What is article 50?
The clause in the treaty that sets out the exit procedure.
Page 9 of 131 [ 6503 posts ]