Taking the Brexit
Kern wrote:
The Remain side are also using patriotic colours. I'm more disappointed by the lack of EU flags on the material they sent me or thrust into my hands on street corners.

I have seen it nowhere near to the same degree
Mimi wrote:
Kern wrote:
The Remain side are also using patriotic colours. I'm more disappointed by the lack of EU flags on the material they sent me or thrust into my hands on street corners.

I have seen it nowhere near to the same degree

This is the problem. Unless you're passionate about living in a federal Europe you won't drape yourself in its flag. It'd be like draping yourself in a flag of your local council. You appreciate the work they do, but it doesn't instil the same kind of fervour nationalists have towards their country's flag.
The leave campaign logo looks like the DPD delivery firm's logo.
I was thinking LWT, and probably channeling Chinny at the same time.
That's the Remain one I think.
markg wrote:
That's the Remain one I think.

Yeah, I misread Mimi's post.

I think I ticked the right box this morning, with my sparkly marker pen to confuse the spooks.
Vote Leave delivering us to economic ruin.
Lonewolves wrote:
Vote Leave delivering us to economic ruin.

'Prosperity called but you were out. Please attend our depot'
It'd be quite a clever subliminal campaign device. There's a big fleet, so the similarity would fix the campaign in the mind with repeated reminders
Vote Leave My Parcels with Mrs Smith at Number 28 If I Am Out Please
Mimi wrote:
Someone I know has taken this picture of their polling station, and are questioning if it's allowed as there's an argument to be made that it might not be seen as politically neutral.

England flags here. Were taken down after complaints. https://www.buzzfeed.com/fionarutherfor ... complaints
Voted! And Proxy voted! How exciting!
I've voted.

Man, what a rush.
I've voted too... It was great to see how busy they'd been. I just hope the vote goes the right way.
Isn't it weird how veto is an anagram of vote?
Just voted, no problems for me, but my wife had a bit of a palava!

They asked for her name and address, and she was down as a removed entry!

After a bit of faffing about, one of them phoned someone, and then it came back that she couldn't vote!

They told us to phone the number on the back of the polling card, which she did, and was told there must have been a clerical error. The person on the other end spoke to the local people, and then eventually (after 30 minutes) she was allowed to vote!

Due to work and football practice we didn't get there until 20:00, thankfully we weren't much later, as if we had turned up at 21:45, it probably wouldn't have been sorted in time!
Lonewolves wrote:
Isn't it weird how veto is an anagram of vote?

It's freaking me out.
Mimi wrote:

I've seen two Leave voters posting about taking a pen to vote.
I've seen lots of people laughing about it, but very little people actual doing it.

It was mentioned on twitter that the same people who are terrified of a gov conspiracy so need to use pens, are voting to urge that same gov to take control.
@SkyNewsBreak: UKIP leader Nigel Farage says it "looks like 'Remain' will edge it" #EUref

Final YouGov poll puts it at 52-48 for Remain. pound is up against the dollar, so hedge funds are betting on Remain.
There were pens at my polling station
That's for crowd control.
I'm trying something different tonight and watching ITV. I quite like Tom Bradby and Robert Peston.
Also it's quite funny as pretty much every TV person is going "We literally have no idea whatsoever about anything at all so far".

It's strange not having exit polls and all that, to help with predictions.
Agent Starling wrote:

That is fucking fantastic.
markg wrote:
Agent Starling wrote:

That is fucking fantastic.

I think my favourite bit is, "the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips..."

:D
Gibraltar is IN!
Kern wrote:
Gibraltar is IN!

Quote:
Gibraltar votes for Remain by big margin
Posted at 23:38

The results are in from Gibraltar, which has voted:

Leave: 823 (4%)
Remain: 19,322 (96%)

The turnout was 84%
Orkney in and Newcastle too (just)
Malc wrote:
Orkney in and Newcastle too (just)

The newcastle one is close

Quote:
Newcastle declares its result - and narrowly comes out in support of Remain. Here's the breakdown:

Total ballots counted: 129,072
Remain: 65,404
Leave: 63,598
Turnout: 68%
Clackmannanshire in
Sunderland out big
Leave into the lead
Can't keep watching. Terrified it's going to go wrong.
Yeah it's fucked. For fucking fucks sake.
markg wrote:
Yeah it's fucked. For fucking fucks sake.

Thats definitely the feeling from the BBC at the moment - the last few places they are talking to are predicting 70% or 80% leave
Foyle in in NI

Suggestions that Lewisham in London might be 83% in!
Isles of Scilly remain (but about 1000 people live there!)
Swindon out. Remain winning by 9000 ATM overall
Steadier result vs the polls though.
Broxbourne 2-1 for leave. Leave winning by 9000 now
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Final YouGov poll puts it at 52-48 for Remain. pound is up against the dollar, so hedge funds are betting on Remain.

Sterling is dropping like a fucking rock.
Malc wrote:
Broxbourne 2-1 for leave. Leave winning by 7000 now
It's still too early to tell. London has a fuckload of voters so will swing it one way or the other
Kettering leave

Leave winning by 18,000
Kettering leave

Leave winning by 18,000
2 more in Scotland remain. Leave winning 7 thousand.
South Tyneside big leavers. Leave up by 26,000 now. (About 3% of areas counted)
Going to bed now. I'll see all you fellow Europeans tomorrow!
Page 8 of 131 [ 6503 posts ]