Better Call Saul
's all good, man.
I'm really enjoying it so far.
Like how 'Vaas' from FC3 is in it.
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
Netflix very rarely has stuff at release. Better Call Saul is unusual.

House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Wolf Lake?

Bojack Horseman, Always Sunny...
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
Netflix very rarely has stuff at release. Better Call Saul is unusual.

House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Wolf Lake?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_or ... by_Netflix

Netflix productions are totally different things to Netflix getting a distribution deal from a third party that lets them show on release day.
Thought the 'ending' beginning showing Saul in hiding was a lovely nod to Breaking Bad's style.
Cras wrote:
Netflix productions are totally different things to Netflix getting a distribution deal from a third party that lets them show on release day.

Always Sunny
You're countering me saying something is very rare by giving me a single solitary example of when it's the case? Right.
Cras wrote:
You're countering me saying something is very rare by giving me a single solitary example of when it's the case? Right.

Better Call Saul
Zardoz wrote:
Thought the 'ending' beginning showing Saul in hiding was a lovely nod to Breaking Bad's style.

I agree. It made me feel quite sorry for him.
I liked how that scene was in black and white, with the exception of the reflection of the TV in his glasses when he was watching his old commercials.
The fact it was in black and white made me question the (totally legal-ed) download that I had.
TheVision wrote:
The fact it was in black and white made me question the (totally legal-ed) download that I had.

>:(

WORSE THAN HITLER.
Episode 3 on Netflix now (well, as of yesterday), just watched it now - tremendous stuff.

I'm really liking how it's filling in the back story for Saul (and I'm thoroughly intrigued to see how his relationship with Mike starts up), he's morally ambiguous at best but certainly not evil or straight-up bad.

Mrs Kettleman is rather nice too, in a MILF-ey sort of way.
Episode 4 watched, this is really good stuff!

Whatever doubts I had about this spin-off are now totally evaporated.
Hearthly wrote:
Episode 4 watched, this is really good stuff!

Whatever doubts I had about this spin-off are now totally evaporated.

:this: episode 4 was brilliant!
The Billboard sting was pretty fucking obvious, but yeah, another great episode.
Can I just say "most pointless subtitle ever"? Ta.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I was probably being epically dim but 'sall good, man blew my mind :blown:
liked the first two.. but now house of cards is coming.. when to watch this...
Latest episode was good although I'd say possibly on the wrong side of 'a bit slow' - IMO it needs a bit of a sense of direction about it, although I'm enjoying the way the characters are getting plenty of space to develop, you can perhaps have too much of a good thing.....
We watched 2 episodes last night (watched 3 in total) must say I'm enjoying it.
5 episodes in and I'm enjoying it but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to watch the next one. Mind you, I felt the same about the first season of Breaking Bad.

It's slow, and that's ok, but there's also not much going on at the minute that's inviting me to ask questions about what direction it's headed (other than already knowing the outcome of some of the characters).
Episode 6 is excellent, drags a bit to get going but retrospectively fills in all the blanks before it finishes, and a pretty stunning performance from the dude who plays Mike.

It's starting to fill in not just Saul and Mike's back story, but also how they ended up working together as they were by the time Breaking Bad starts.

Definitely still on the 'will watch the latest episode every week' list.
Yeah, I really enjoyed this episode too. A good performance from Mike all round. If this is season 1 then, and assuming it get better and the actors continually stretched, then this might be special.
Definitely the most breaking bad episode so far. Strong stuff.

I do wonder when Gus is going to enter the frame, if at all. I did always feel like Mike working for Saul and Gus seemed a little awkward. It's a bit of an oddity, was he working for Gus prior to Saul setting Walt and Jesse up with him? The full nature of the relationships weren't ever totally clear to me. I liked the ambiguity, but now that they are showing Mike and Saul forming a bond onscreen, it's going to be interesting to see them fill in the gaps. I seem to recall that initially Mike was only supposed to be in that one episode as the cleaner, but they ended up giving him a bigger part.
I agree with you all. Another great episode and I didn't realise until it finished that Saul was hardly in it! Gripping stuff.
Episode 7 is awesome, it's doing a bit of a Breaking Bad on me now, with each new episode I'm getting more and more enthralled.

A small number of really interesting characters doing interesting things that you care about is far more compelling than a sprawling cast being a bit boring. (The Walking Dead.)

There was hardly even a raised voice for the entire 40 minute running time of this episode, but I was hooked from start to finish.

I'll do The Walking Dead for ZOMG ZOMBIE SPLATTER but for character-driven stuff, Better Call Saul is where it's at.
Great episode. And i'm also very fond of the sexy blonde lawyer. Maybe it's her voice.
And yet again another brilliant episode. It's so quiet in many ways and yet remains consistently thrilling.

The fleshing out of both Jimmy and Mike's backstory is becoming increasingly fascinating, and they seem to be turning up great actors for every single role (even the minor ones) with no trouble whatsoever.

Really, really good stuff.
I agree. I got a bit lost with the lawyer speak but still, it was great.
Hands up, who realised that 'that' guy was Trevor from GTAV.

Not me, that's for sure.
Woah! I didn't know it actually was him but I did spend the whole time thinking that he reminded me loads of Trevor from GTA V.
He's was really good though, right? I'd love to see him as a returning character here and there.
Yeah, that was a great scene, great episode too.
I only play GTA online so I didn't recognise him but that doesn't matter.. It was a brilliant episode!
Mike is great is always, it's just a shame that i know that
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
he's going to die
Episode 9 was indeed just more wall-to-saul awesomeness.

It's doing that timewarp thing again that Breaking Bad used to do, whereby the end credits roll and I'm like, 'What, that's the end of the episode? No way!'

Sublime writing and acting from start to finish, loved the 'protection guy scene' as well :D
Saturnalian wrote:
Hands up, who realised that 'that' guy was Trevor from GTAV.

Not me, that's for sure.

Me.
TheVision wrote:
I only play GTA online so I didn't recognise him but that doesn't matter.. It was a brilliant episode!

If you play the heists you should recognize him from one of them.
Just think, they're was a potential Trevor vs Vaas scene!
nickachu wrote:
TheVision wrote:

If you play the heists you should recognize him from one of them.

I do play the heists but me and my 3 friends talk all over the cut scenes so we rarely know what's going on.
Yeah, yeah, you've got friends. We get it. Friends who play computer games. Damn you and your friends.
His friends are just piles of unplayed games.
Zardoz wrote:
His friends are just piles of unplayed games.

:'( But... they love me... They really do.
Really good episode today. Made me quite tearful. Whoever played the big man was excellent.
Yes a great end to the season, in fact the whole of Season One is damn near perfect when you think about it. I wasn't sure how they could make Saul a compelling character in his backstory, but pegging him as a (mostly) decent man who was pushed towards who he became is a very clever move.

I did find it a touch jarring at the end though, I know it's been building up to it, but even so, just a tad too 'about face' in his mentality.

Super-keen to see Season 2, I hope there isn't too long to wait.
Fantastic. Tonally completely different from BB, but the scenes between Odenkirk and McKean were simply incredible. Can't wait for S2.
Hearthly wrote:
Yes a great end to the season, in fact the whole of Season One is damn near perfect when you think about it. I wasn't sure how they could make Saul a compelling character in his backstory, but pegging him as a (mostly) decent man who was pushed towards who he became is a very clever move.

Hang on, he was a con artist that became a decent man that became an amalgamation of these, surely?

Also, what, that was seasons ending? Not the greatest ending to a season but more of this kind of thing please.
Page 2 of 7 [ 303 posts ]