Two Games
Part 1
I was just rumaging around sorting some stuff out, and stumbled across "Trivial Pursuit 1992 The Annual Edition - 1,500 questions and answers from the past year". I looked at some of the questions and had absolutly no idea of most of the answers (some of them were pretty obvious tho)

It's not the normal topics either you have the following:
  • Home Headlines (HH)
  • Glitz 'N' Glamour (GG)
  • International News (INT)
  • Gossip Column (GC)
  • Collected Clippings (CC)
  • All Action (AA)

So picking a card at random, and without resorting to google, wiki et al. who knows the answers to these:

(HH) Who is reported to have refused to vote Tory with the words: Not after what they did to my mother? Answer: Carol Thatcher - Grim... (with a nod to CUS)

(GG)Which Steven Spielberg movie was Prince Harry's first royal premier? Answer: Hook - Grim...

(INT) What vegetable grew in the fields where EuroDisney now stands? Answer: Beetroot- Grim... (with a nod to Pundabaya)

(GC)Which tennis star described Henri Leconte as: A very nice man? Answer: Gabriella Sabatini - Devilman

(CC)What was the name of the band that featured Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson? Answer: The Highwaymen - The Rev Owen

(AA)Which boxer's new teacher discovered tat the had the writing and arithmetic skills of an 11-year-old? "] Answer: Mike Tyson's - Pundabaya

Malc
(CC) The Highwaymen
Im going for jurassic park for the prince Harry one.
(HH) Who is reported to have refused to vote Tory with the words: Not after what they did to my mother?
Mark Thatcher

(GG)Which Steven Spielberg movie was Prince Harry's first royal premier?
Schindler's List

(INT) What vegetable grew in the fields where EuroDisney now stands?
Gerard Depardieu.

(GC)Which tennis star described Henri Leconte as: A very nice man?
Bowser

(CC)What was the name of the band that featured Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson?
Niggers Wit Attitude

(AA)Which boxer's new teacher discovered tat the had the writing and arithmetic skills of an 11-year-old?
The Kid
I just realised it was a specific edition and 1992 at that and realised Jurassic Park wasnt even out then.
The Rev Owen wrote:
(CC) The Highwaymen

Correct!

Malc
CUS wrote:
(HH) Who is reported to have refused to vote Tory with the words: Not after what they did to my mother?
Mark Thatcher

Close.

Malc
Fuck - Carol Thatcher!
Grim... wrote:
Fuck - Carol Thatcher!

Would you? um I mean correct!

Malc
(GG) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
GG - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Nah, that was 1990. Hook, I reckon.
Grim... wrote:
Nah, that was 1990. Hook, I reckon.

Correct!

Malc
Grim... wrote:
AA) Bruno?

No, but he did fight Bruno.

Malc
Pundabaya wrote:
Tyson?

Correct!

Malc
Pundabaya wrote:
INT- Sugar Beet?

Not what I've got on my card, but it's close (ish)

Malc
Wheat, then.

Though I'm sure it was actually sugar beet land. The card is a lie!
Pundabaya wrote:
Wheat, then.

The card says it's a different kind of beet.

Malc
Grim... wrote:
Beetroot?

Correct.

Malc
3 for me, biatches!
Just the tennis one to go. A clue: She was quite big in the late 80s/early 90s and not from Europe or the US.

Malc
Grim... wrote:
The russian?

(some of) Russia is in Europe

Malc
Does this help?

Malc
not with a filename like that.
Right, I'm off to bed now. Here are some more to keep you guessing through the night:

(HH) Which way did the Mothers' Union vote on the motion, should brothels be legalised? Answer: No - Process of Elimination

(GG) Which Radio 1 DJ qualified for his pensioner's bus pass in 1992? Answer: Alan Freeman - Pundabaya

(INT) Which city saw riots after police shot Jose Garcia? Answer: New York - Pundabaya

(GC) Which stately home was taken over by the polygamous and eccentric Lord Weymouth?Answer: Longleat - Squirt

(CC) What did members of the Garrick Club vote against? Answer: Woman Members - Squirt

(AA) Who is the only 12th seed to have ever won the Men's Singles at Wimbledon? Answer: Andre Agassi - Curiosity

Malc
Runcle wrote:
not with a filename like that.

hehe I changed it to stop that sort of thing!

Malc
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Wheat, then.

The card says it's a different kind of beet.

Malc

The card is bullshit.
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Does this help?

Malc

Is that Gabriela Sabatini?
devilman wrote:
Malc wrote:
Does this help?

Malc

Is that Gabriela Sabatini?

Yes!

Malc
(GG) Jimmy Saville or Tony Blackburn.
(CC) - selling him to Man United.
Pundabaya wrote:
HH - No

Cheat!

Malc
myoptika wrote:
(GG) Jimmy Saville or Tony Blackburn.

Answers are at home but I don't think either of those are correct.

Malc
Curiosity wrote:
(CC) - selling him to Man United.

HoHo!

Malc
GG - Alan Freeman
Pundabaya wrote:
GG - Alan Freeman

You are Correct!

Malc
Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
Right, I'm off to bed now. Here are some more to keep you guessing through the night:

(HH) Which way did the Mothers' Union vote on the motion, should brothels be legalised?Answer: No - Process of Elimination

(GG) Which Radio 1 DJ qualified for his pensioner's bus pass in 1992? Answer: Alan Freeman - Pundabaya

(INT) Which city saw riots after police shot Jose Garcia? Answer: New York - Pundabaya

(GC) Which stately home was taken over by the polygamous and eccentric Lord Weymouth?Answer: Longleat - Squirt

(CC) What did members of the Garrick Club vote against? Answer: Woman Members - Squirt

(AA) Who is the only 12th seed to have ever won the Men's Singles at Wimbledon? Answer: Andre Agassi - Curiosity

Malc

Just to remind you all of the questions...

Malc
The Mothers Union voted for legalisation.
(INT) Which city saw riots after police shot Jose Garcia?
Los Angeles

(GC) Which stately home was taken over by the polygamous and eccentric Lord Weymouth?
Longleat

(CC) What did members of the Garrick Club vote against?
Women members
Plissken wrote:
The Mothers Union voted for legalisation.

Wrong.

Malc
Squirt wrote:
(INT) Which city saw riots after police shot Jose Garcia?
Los Angeles

(GC) Which stately home was taken over by the polygamous and eccentric Lord Weymouth?
Longleat

(CC) What did members of the Garrick Club vote against?
Women members

Wrong, Right, Right!

Malc
Page 1 of 2 [ 71 posts ]