Idiot question
about Amazon
Right, is there any way for me to get hold of mp3s from amazon.com? It tells me I can't have the ones I want for the hideous crime of not being in America. No, they're not available anywhere else, I've looked.
This is only an idiot question because everyone else just torrents the fuckers.

Get them, then buy them when you have the opportunity to do so without being fucked about by Amazon, which is still Amazon whichever country one is in and should treat customers the same.
Goatboy wrote:
Get them, then buy them when you have the opportunity to do so without being fucked about by Amazon, which is still Amazon whichever country one is in and should treat customers the same.
That's not entirely fair. I'm sure Amazon would love to sell us things, as that is what Amazon does. It's not their fault that the *AA made international licencing for music really bloody complicated.
richardgaywood wrote:
Goatboy wrote:
That's not entirely fair. I'm sure Amazon would love to sell us things, as that is what Amazon does. It's not their fault that the *AA made international licencing for music really bloody complicated.

They should have stuck to motoring.
But just for the celebrities...
Davydd Grimm wrote:
Right, is there any way for me to get hold of mp3s from amazon.com? It tells me I can't have the ones I want for the hideous crime of not being in America. No, they're not available anywhere else, I've looked.

Are you restricted from buying them because you need a Yankee Card? Could you get round this by purchasing through Paypal?
I'm restricted from downloading them because they're apparentlly only available to US citizens.

The album is not available to torrent, and I'd quite like to, you know, buy it. I've been waiting eight years for it.
Out of curiosity, what album be it?
GridLink - Amber Grey. It's out here on the 23rd, I've been into town. A lovely bearded Australian is looking for his promo copy for me.
Davydd Grimm wrote:
I'm restricted from downloading them because they're apparentlly only available to US citizens.
The Amazon mp3 service, which is by all accounts most excellent, is entirely restricted to US citizens at the moment because Amazon are only licenced by the record companies to sell these songs in the US. I assure you it's nothing to do with Amazon not wanting your money because, well, they always want your money.

Given that the Amazon mp3s are (by definition) I would imagine this album would be on the torrents soon if not now.
Have you tried signing up as an American, Grimm?
Yeah, that'd be my solution: Lie.
Or ask an American you know to buy it for you, then email it.

Jon Chang?
I would, but I have no Paypal or anything, and wouldn't be able to give him the money for it.

I guess I just need to wait another week.
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]