The holiday thread
where are you going?
Some photos off my phone... 804 miles completed, best hols ever! :)
Harleys in action
Last bike stuff :)
Tearing down deserted roads... Amazeballs. Journey over, epic. Me on the right pint in hand :) job done
Brilliant. I am very jealous and might have to swap the ka now.
Don't forget I'm old though mate, you've got years to do this stuff. :)
Hey, at least I finally did it in the end though, Wullie was right, it was quite literally a voyage of discovery for me. :)
Going to the USA for 3 weeks on wednesday. 3 nights in NY then flying down to atlanta and renting an RV then driving to NOLA then down to Orlando. Going to be acebest.
Just found out that my wife has 60 days holiday this year as you get to keep all holiday plus bank holidays from the year of Maternity leave. She is taking every Friday off for the rest of the year!
Cavey! I never knew you were Greg Wallace!
Cras wrote:

Arguing on the internet doesn't get tougher than this!

:D
Cras wrote:

That's what the girls call me at the office mate :D
Cras wrote:

Holidaying doesn't get any tougher than this!

(bah, beaten by Curio)
Lolz. I sound exactly like him also, and like puddings. :D
Oh well, could be worse, about to have my 10th G&T and it's 35 degrees in the shade, the Hog is safely under wraps and I have a Mustang to play with tomorrow. :)
Mrs C has touched down, so all petrol related lads stuff now ceased :D
Oh well it was a good innings!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday Cavey :)
Yay! So nice to see Cavey's smile! It looks like you had an amazing, amazing time. So very happy for you!
Thanks guys xx :luv:
America, it looks like.
France holiday cancelled because my Dad (who I was due to go with) is ill. Nothing too bad, but meant we missed the holiday. :(
Beexers continue to punch above their weight.

Looks like a quality holiday, Cavey. And Sonisphere in a couple of weeks!
Grim... wrote:

I was thinking this.... all male Beexers punch above our weight :)
KovacsC wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I was thinking this.... all male Beexers punch above our weight :)

That's because we're mostly sweaty internet nerds.
Mr Russell wrote:

Who seem to attract hot women with crushingly low self-esteem.
American Nervoso wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Who seem to attract hot women with crushingly low self-esteem.

May it long continue.
I'm off to America tomorrow. Taking the train down to Stockholm this afternoon then flying out for 3 weeks. Woooooo Holidays!
nickachu wrote:
I'm off to America tomorrow. Taking the train down to Stockholm this afternoon then flying out for 3 weeks. Woooooo Holidays!

Where are you going?
we've booked a holiday to Rhodos
really looking forward to being there again, less looking forward to flying 4 hours with a 4yo who's never been on a plane...
I spent some days in my family cottage in the north which is always pleasant. I wish i had an occupation that could let me live there. Like being a writer for example.

Still, that wasn't a proper holiday. Maybe i'll go to new york in september.
Is she your wife? I was pretty sure it was young Meryl Streep :)

Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Cheers mate :)
And yeah, totes punching vastly over my weight :D
RuySan wrote:
Is she your wife? I was pretty sure it was young Meryl Streep :)

Cavey wrote:

Yes mate, that is my wife. Thanks :)

53 in a few months time; that's German engineering for you :D
May as well resurrect an old thread rather than start a new one.

We've risked booking a trip to Malta in October.
Hotel can be cancelled up the the day before, but the flights are non-refundable (and cheap) so worth taking a chance.

It'll be nice to have a proper break in the sun for the first time in a couple of years.
Nothing booked yet, but we've started to talk about it a bit more now.
It’s been very shit working in the Holiday industry for the last 18 months. Please book for 2022 x
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Hotel can be cancelled up the the day before, but the flights are non-refundable (and cheap) so worth taking a chance.

It'll be nice to have a proper break in the sun for the first time in a couple of years.

You’re going to Popeye Village, right?
Mimi wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

You’re going to Popeye Village, right?

We didn’t last time we visited, but I expect we’ll hire a car so it’s a possibility.
We may have a few days at the seaside somewhere in England. It's very difficult for me to get more than one week's leave at a time, with our shitty shift patterns.

The pandemic has meant we couldn't even begin to think of going abroad, which suits me very well.

Our last furrin jaunt was about five years ago, staying with a friend who lives part of the year at his own place in Tenerife. He's a generous guy and has invited us back every year, and every year we make an excuse about not being able to go BECAUSE HE DROVE US FUCKING BONKERS while we were there. He has no concept chilling out. If we're just sitting and relaxing, he'll ask us if we want a drink, then where we want to go tomorrow. Do we want to go to a beach, or do we want to go into the mountains, or drive around the coast, and where will we want to eat, and what do we want for tomorrow's breakfast, and do we want something else to drink. A G&T, a beer, whiskey, brandy, lager, tea, coffee, water.Have we decided yet?

He's got borderline Asbergers, which was only diagnosed relatively recently. This manifests itself by him "making a fuss" wherever we go. In a rersteraunt, he'll ask for something that's not on the menu. He won't like the table we've been taken to and will insist on being moved. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

We went to the supermarket with him, but left him to his own devices as he examines everything in minute detail before putting it in his trolley. We met at the checkout and tried to help pack the bags, by we were DOING IT WRONG, and Mrs W finally lost her temper with him and stormed off, saying, "YOU DO IT THEN!". I tried to help to put the bags in the boot of his car, but I was doing that wrong as well. Interestingly, if you DO loose your temper with him, he doesn't really react in any way, and within a few seconds will behave as though nothing had untoward has happened.

Tenerife was OK, but way too hot and the wind, of which there was a lot, was always hot.

That's just one we had that wasn't a package. The only other two we had were Majorca and Ibiza when the kids were in their early teens. I'm sure I enjoyed some of it, at the time, but I can't remember what any of that was.

What was the question again?
We have a week booked in a funky cottage in Richmond Yorkshire. Will be fab to get away.
KovacsC wrote:
We have a week booked in a funky cottage in Richmond Yorkshire. Will be fab to get away.

If even you think it’s ‘funky’ I can only imagine it’s something akin to a neon yellow sex dungeon.
Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

If even you think it’s ‘funky’ I can only imagine it’s something akin to a neon yellow sex dungeon.

That sounds fun.
We're finally getting a refund for the trip to Prague we were supposed to be taking in March 2020, which is a welcome result.

I feel like I want to go somewhere sunny with Jem at the end of the year, but I don't know if (a) I'll be comfortable with it entirely, and (b) I know where.
GazChap wrote:
We're finally getting a refund for the trip to Prague we were supposed to be taking in March 2020, which is a welcome result.

I feel like I want to go somewhere sunny with Jem at the end of the year, but I don't know if (a) I'll be comfortable with it entirely, and (b) I know where.

I hear New Brighton is nice.
I've got a week booked to a Red list country at the end of September. I reckon I'm currently 50/50 on whether that will go ahead. I suspect there will be a relaxing of quarantine rules for the double-jabbed between now and then which might make the difference.
Which country are you booked for, Cras?

I’ve never been on a holiday to a foreign country. We were booked to the Isle Of Wight (not quite a foreign country, but you have to cross water…) last year but that got lost in the abyss of Covid. That was quite upsetting as I’d been asking to go since I’d got really ill the year before and we should have gone 6-9 months earlier.
I've no big plans at the moment, which is a pain as I like having something to look forward to. I have booked a week in September off so will probably find somewhere to go then, but nothing major this year.

Toying with getting winter sun in early 2022 but that depends on what state the world is in and how willing I am to commit to anything at the moment.
Mimi wrote:
Which country are you booked for, Cras?.

Cape Verde Islands, off the cost of Senegal
Cras wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Which country are you booked for, Cras?.

Cape Verde Islands, off the cost of Senegal

I’ve just Googled image searched and WOW. I hope that it all clears and you get to go. It looks stunning. Fingers crossed for you!!
MaliA wrote:
GazChap wrote:

I hear New Brighton is nice.

:DD
Page 2 of 3 [ 111 posts ]