The holiday thread
where are you going?
I took a gamble on small island nation being well-equipped to deal with Covid management. I failed to take into account poor island nation not being high up the list for getting hold of vaccines. We'll see what happens!
Just booked a week in Athens in May. Rooftop bar & pool with a view of the Acropolis, here we come!
Ahh I've done Athens a couple of times now and love it - nice and cheap too. Enjoy!
Long weekend in Bucharest next month, anyone been? Any recommendations?
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Just booked a week in Athens in May. Rooftop bar & pool with a view of the Acropolis, here we come!

That's where the Parthenon is, isn't it? Or so they say.
Jem wrote:
Ahh I've done Athens a couple of times now and love it - nice and cheap too. Enjoy!

It seems quite reasonably priced so far. Really looking forward to it.
Any recommendations?
Do a food tour! I say that about everywhere though, great way to find some hidden gems and stuff your face.

Otherwise the usual tourist stuff - Acropolis, Panathenaic Stadium etc. Temple of Olympian Zeus was covered in scaffolding when we were there, and somewhat underwhelming, but you can see it from outside the fence without paying anything. I also enjoyed the botanical gardens but that's also something I try to visit everywhere I go, love a garden :DD
I think my colleague Konstantina lives in Athens. You should say Hi to her if you see her, she's pretty cool.
Squirt wrote:
I think my colleague Konstantina lives in Athens

Not Istanbul?
Kicking back in South Wales atm. magic. This was at half five in the afternoon, and we chilled and had a couple of beers before doing more stuff.
5pm yesterday.
Page 3 of 3 [ 111 posts ]