Battle of the Songs: - General Discussion Thread
Her are the current standings:

Attachment:
Group A - Start.png

Attachment:
Group B - Start.png

Could everyone please message me their song choice before Monday Morning:

Group A: (Curiosity, GazChap, Kovacs, Mr Chonks, Pundabya and TheVision) your Theme is: "Actually, that's pretty creepy"

Group B: (Davpaz, Findus Fop, JBR, Jem, Kern and Malia) your Theme is: "Song for your Funeral"
Still waiting on 8 people to message me their song choices, if anyone is having difficulty, or is confused, then please let me know.
Still waiting for 3 three more entries, and I must say the majority of the entries so far have been really high quality, if I've not heard from the 3 by about 20:00 tonight, I'll message the individuals as a final reminder, and then hopefully I can post the songs in the morning.

What I'm thinking of doing, is posting the songs on their own for 24 hours, and then opening up voting on Tuseday, gives everyone time to hear them before voting? What do you guys think?
Having some issues with my spreadsheets, I will have the tables and results as soon as I have sorted it all out.

Sorry for the delay!
Hi everyone,

I am still waiting on 5 more people to give me their entries for week 2.
Just a reminder it's Full Throttle for Group A and Elements for Group B

Thanks
I just need one more entry for this week, and then I will put the videos up, I'll do the same as last week, I'll have the videos up for the day before putting the polls live the next morning.

Also, if anyone wants to add any more theme suggestions to that thread I will put the poll up for that as well.
Threaten them with Jedward.
I have messaged them, I will give them until the end of Wednesday I think.
Still waiting on the final entry, what I might do is post the songs that I do have now and then allow the voting tomorrow adding in the last song if I get it before then.

Thoughts on that?
Yes that will be good :)
I have opened up 2 polls on next weeks theme,

I have taken all the new suggestions, plus the top 2 unused themes from each of last weeks theme polls, removed any near duplicates, shortened the names down and removed any mentioning years and put those themes up in one mega poll.

Then I have created a decade poll, where you can vote for your favourite musical decades.

Once again the 2 people in last place will get to select the theme for the other group. Also, they will be eliminated from their groups. But, they will still compete in week 3. In a battle to avoid the wooden spoon! I will choose the theme for that battle!
Why do we have all these polls if people are just going to pick the themes anyway?

And where did “The last days of mankind go”, as that was my favourite?
Curiosity wrote:
Why do we have all these polls if people are just going to pick the themes anyway?

And where did “The last days of mankind go”, as that was my favourite?

The polls are to limit the choice of the person picking the theme to one that a decent amount of people actually like.

The last days of mankind didn't make my arbitrary cut off. I only took 4 themes through for the week 2 polls.

I almost took that and Mash-ups through as well, but there were lots of new themes being suggested, so I thought I would err more on that side.

I don't really want to mess up the polls this time, but It can be added to the week 4 poll if you want it.
I'll give it another hour or two, and then post the polls.

I'm hoping it goes easier than last week!
Right, we have a full house of videos, final entry received a little while ago, (and added to group A's post) but I've been busy, so only just updated now. I will post the polls forthwith.
This week's themes are deviously tricky, but I'm looking forward to seeing how people have approached them.
Still waiting on quite a few entries for this week. Can I have them by end of play Sunday please?

Many thanks
5 New Threads in here this morning:

1) The songs for Group A, Week 3
2) The songs for Group B, Week 3
3) The songs for the battle to avoid the wooden spoon
4) A Poll for which themes will be used in Week 4
5) A Poll for which type of songs will be used in Week 4

The plan is that I will either later today, or tomorrow morning open the polling on week 3 once everyone has had a chance to listen to all the songs.

The plan with the two theme polls is that the people in 5th place after week 3, will choose one Theme and one type of song for the other group to use in week 5. I will then choose the combination for the battle for 9th place.

As per the last selection of polls, you will need to pick a song that fits both criteria (ie if Lazy and Pirates! were picked, you would need to pick a song that best matches Lazy Pirates!)
I won a round of Song Wars Battle of the Songs! I'm savouring every bit of this moment!

Giphy "achievement unlocked":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/iDJrIOR9kHTtfnEcHO/giphy-loop.mp4
Hi Everyone,

Still waiting on 4 more entries and a couple of clarifications of entries that people have submitted already.

If you could get them to by the end of the day, I will have the posts uploaded today, and the polls open tomorrow.

Thanks
I would, but I can’t find what themes my song should be.

Could we archive old threads?
KovacsC wrote:

Everyone was tagged here. You must have not read it as you posted later.

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 6#p1051056
Mr Chonks wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Everyone was tagged here. You must have not read it as you posted later.

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 6#p1051056

Cheers.

I could not find the post on the mobile app.
Still waiting on one person in Group B to provide me their entry:

A reminder that the them for Group B is Floor Emptiers: A Little Bit Of Politics
Right, 8 new polls for you (2 for each group, 2 for the battle for 9th and 2 for next weeks themes/song type). I have also updated the announcement thread at the top of the groups telling you what you have to do next, with handy links too!

Hopefully I've not made any mistakes, but If I have please let me know.
You seem to have gone with Eurovision-style voting for 7th place, whereas 9th place was a single vote.
yeah, I um and ahhed about that , but you can see the results of the vote before you vote with the standard poll, whereas you can't (certainly not as easy) with the europoll.
Are people that have been knocked out allowed to vote on the group A/B songs?
Yes, anyone/everyone can vote on any of the polls.
Still waiting on 2 people's entries for this week.
I really can't think of anything, that fits the theme..
KovacsC wrote:
I really can't think of anything, that fits the theme..

Then you lose Battle of the Songs!
It is a risk I will take....
So you're passing? You can't think of a song that fits some of the theme?
I will look after work.... it is just giving any good songs.
I had a surplus of awesome songs. Was hard to narrow it down!
Just one remaining now
Malc wrote:
Just one remaining now

Name and shame!
I am pretty sure when I sort of did that with The Vision, it negatively affected his performance in the vote. So I'd rather not.
Malc wrote:
I am pretty sure when I sort of did that with The Vision, it negatively affected his performance in the vote. So I'd rather not.

So it was your fault that I didn't win! I knew it. Shenanigans!
Waiting on two more entries for this week before I can put the songs and then the polls out!
just one more now
gah, thought this had longer to go, will work out the results and post soon. I think next week's theme can be taken from last week's results as I forgot to run a poll for it.

Please stand by.
Congratulations to Curio, Jem and Findus on a three-way tie. It’s been a good competition
Still waiting on one more entry, I will chase them via pm
Just default them to Richard III
Trooper wrote:
Just default them to Richard III

Do you want them to win?
Strong chance of Richard III becoming shorthand for an unbeatable gambit/cheesing.
Page 1 of 2 [ 51 posts ]