Rick Wakeman's Organ (let's get proggy)
Good morning!
WWF entrance music
We'll Meet Again
Get out more
Make America Great Again
Eurovision 2050
The last days of mankind

I was hoping to remove the lowest ranked suggestions, but it appears that the poll results are gone! does any Mod have access to them?

In the meantime can you please put further suggestions in this thread.

Thanks
If you removed the poll, they're gone for good I expect (note that can happen when editing the first post if a poll is attached)
Cras wrote:
If you removed the poll, they're gone for good I expect (note that can happen when editing the first post if a poll is attached)

Damn, I think I did edit the first post. I didn't realise that removed the poll.

Thanks for setting up the sub forum.
More theme ideas:

Summer holiday
Full throttle
Your Guilty Pleasure
The Moon
More ideas:
Cover Versions
Mash-ups
Unusual instruments
Elements
Here are the results of the Theme Polls for Week 2

Attachment:
Themes for week2.png

The People who finished last in their groups will get to select either one or two themes from the list to apply to the other group. They can either pick 1 theme from the top 4 of list 1, 1 theme from the top 4 of list 2, or 1 from each (For example Tull Throttle Elements,or Unusual instruments in Cover versions)

the person who finished with the lowest points total will have the first choice.
More theme ideas (because I like generating them):

The Sea
Out of Character
West End
The First Song on Your Mixtape
Lockdown
Music to shower to.
Party like it is 1999
Bounce!
A little bit of politics
Foreign muck (songs with non-English lyrics)
Affirmation!
Tardy
Oblivious
Lazy
Harry
Tuba
Here are the results of Week 3's Theme and Decade Polls.
Attachment:
Themes for week3.png

The People who finished last in their groups will be eliminated this week, however, they will get to select a theme and a decade from the list to apply to the other group. The person who finished with the lowest points total will have the first choice. They will also have the chance to play on to avoid the wooden spoon. I will choose the theme and decade for that competition.

I will post the results of the Group Polls after I have sorted them.
TheVision has chosen 1980s and Unusual Instruments, so can everyone in Group B please message me your entries for next week.

A reminder that MaliA choose 1990s and Not English, so if you haven't already could Group A please send me your entries as well.

And finally, can MaliA and TheVision please send me their entries for 2000s and 1st on Your Mixtape so we can see who wins the wooden spoon!

Thanks
Is it one song we need to send for Not English and 1990s?
KovacsC wrote:
Is it one song we need to send for Not English and 1990s?

Yes, it needs to be from the 1990s and it needs to fit the theme of "Not English"
Still waiting for most of the entries on this. I've had 3 submissions so far, all from Group A, still waiting on 9 people!

Would appreciate it if you could all send them to me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Malc wrote:
Still waiting for most of the entries on this. I've had 3 submissions so far, all from Group A, still waiting on 9 people!

Thanks

Gah! PM.
might want to delete that and PM instead JBR
Malc wrote:

Thanks

Am thinking! TBF, unusual instruments and the 80s doesn't make for the most top of mind categories.
Malc wrote:

Thanks

Am thinking! TBF, unusual instruments and the 80s doesn't make for the most top of mind categories.
I'm drawing a blank with non-english, 90s songs that I actually like that have a YouTube presence.
Am also struggling with 80s songs with unusual instruments!
More theme ideas from my inexhaustible well:

Floor fillers
Floor emptiers
Avian ways
As seen on TV
Pirates!
New Beginnings
Royalty
Songs without words
Pundabaya wrote:
I'm drawing a blank with non-english, 90s songs that I actually like that have a YouTube presence.

Yes it was tough.

Bloody Malia :)
[shakes fist] TheVision!
KovacsC wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Yes it was tough.

Took me all of 5 seconds .

Betting it appears here too.
Is the theme ‘Not English’ or ‘Song Not In English’, or whichever you fancy it being?

Coz, like, 90s songs from America is pretty easy.
Curiosity wrote:
Is the theme ‘Not English’ or ‘Song Not In English’, or whichever you fancy it being?

Shut up
Curiosity wrote:

I think it's up to you to decide. The voting audience will decide how well you did.
Mr Dave wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Yes it was tough.

@Mr Dave Did it?
Malc wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Yes it was tough.

@Mr Dave Did it?

Yes.

Were thinking I might've been wrong, but there it is at the very bottom.
Question to the masses - do people prefer single themes or double themes?

I’m finding the latter a bit restrictive. It’s potentially more interesting in finding and fitting a song in, but less likely to result in the picking of really good songs. My opinion only though, and people may well prefer the double themes.
The double themes are cool but could potentially make it impossible to choose a song.
Just be better
Didn't think of that
I prefer single ones, and I've tried to keep my suggestions as open to interpretation as possible to encourage diversity.
I struggled this week because whilst I could think of plenty of things with weird instruments, shoehorning in 1980s was tricky. But I found the best entry nonetheless.
Okay,

What I'll do then for this round, the loser can pick the theme, and the second constraint will be any of the top 4 "types" in the other poll.

From the next round going forward it will just be one theme and that's that.

Is that okay with everyone?
I'll make a quick poll on it in another thread as apparently I can't do euro polls in this thread
If you can’t come up with good songs with esoteric theme choices then you don’t know music. Suck it up
I thought the point of song wars was just to submit the first popular song you can think of, that vaguely fits the theme?
It looks like most people want two themes to continue so here are the results of the polls.

Could @GazChap please choose a theme and a song type (from the top 4 highlighted in white) and post it in this thread . These will be used by Group B in week 4

Attachment:
Themes for week4.png

Thanks
Little Bit of Politics
Floor Emptiers

;)
GazChap wrote:
Little Bit of Politics
Floor Emptiers

;)

Oh shit son
Thanks Gaz,
@JBR can I have your choices for Group A please?, and then I will choose both of yours.
Ah, sorry - saw this and thought mine were going to be different or something (I'm not mentioned in the post with the options).

New beginnings
Cover versions.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I hate you

If you can’t come up with good songs with esoteric theme choices then you don’t know music. Suck it up
Okay Thanks JBR,

So Group A (@KovacsC, @Pundabaya, @Curiosity and @Mr Chonks )Please can you submit your songs with the theme of Cover Versions: New Beginnings

Group B ( @Kern, @Jem, @DavPaz and @Findus Fop ) Please can you submit your songs with the theme of Floor Emptiers: A Little Bit Of Politics

@JBR and @GazChap your theme is Mash-ups: Summer Holiday

Please can you get your entries to me ASAP (I know some of you already have, thank you for your promptness!)

Also, time to start submitting more themes and song types please.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 [ 83 posts ]