Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Halo 4
Awesome Happy Spartan Thread.
Page 4 of 10 [ 474 posts ]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10
Campaign very good so far. Still early days.

Playing through on Heroic on my own with a romp through on Legendary with the Chuckle Brothers in mind, once I've completed it.

Looks bloody gorgeous on my new 42" telly.
Still really enjoying the campaign. Not been looking too hard but I'm surprised I haven't found any skulls yet.

What the blazing fuck is going on in the story? :shrug:

It's absolute codswallop. The pictures are pretty though.
It seems like there's a few of us that own this now. When are we having a bezzie night on it then?
TheVision wrote:
It seems like there's a few of us that own this now. When are we having a bezzie night on it then?

I've been waiting 6 weeks or so and have only played one BEEX set of deathmatches.
If you see me send me an invite plz.
Tsk.. Yeah, I think I've only had a couple of nights.

Now there's more people with it though, we should do something. Is anyone else interested?
TheVision wrote:

Now there's more people with it though, we should do something. Is anyone else interested?

I am , and I'd suggest rather than 'ping people if they are interested' we try and agree a night and a time.

During the week i'm normally on between about 20:30 and 23:30 and could do any night.
zaphod79 wrote:
TheVision wrote:

I am , and I'd suggest rather than 'ping people if they are interested' we try and agree a night and a time.

:this:

Works well for Forza. We had nearly a full 6 months of Tuesday night racing earlier in 2012.
Sorry guys, I seem to be spending a lot of time balls deep in synthesizers at the moment. Tweet me to coax me downstairs onto the 360 if I miss this thread. A few of us together would be acebest, if not even acebetter.
I am very afraid of this dying on its backside like Bezzie Halo Reacharound did.
metalangel wrote:
I am very afraid of this dying on its backside like Bezzie Halo Reacharound did.

We had a couple of months out of that.

This one hasn't even got started.
Halo's Edge?

Awesome. I'd hope they'll leave that in as the potential for excellent speed run videos and other trickery is immense.
I can play this any day this week apart from Wednesday.

So lets have a deathmatch!

Come om people. Select a night at 8pm. Anyone who says Wednesday will be kicked in the balls.
Thursday?!
WTB wrote:
Thursday?!

8PM? 8.30PM?

Either way Thursday is good here.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
WTB wrote:
Thursday?!

8PM? 8.30PM?

Either way Thursday is good here.

Thursday works for me - probably between 8:30 and 9:00
I have this, but I can never guarantee what times I'm awake anymore :( Hence me being flakey on any get togethers /game seshes. If I am, I'll be there.
8/8:30 is a little too close to 2 Broke Girls for my liking. I'll join at 9:30 onwards though if there's room.
Saturnalian wrote:
8/8:30 is a little too close to 2 Broke Girls for my liking. I'll join at 9:30 onwards though if there's room.

Suggest investment in one of these:

Two Broke Girls? I enjoy a half-decent sitcom as much as the next guy but come on! Even that lass' absolutely fucking OUTRAGEOUSLY massive tits don't make that show anything approaching acceptable background noise, let alone something to schedule your life around. Kill yourself immediately!

I'm happy for 8:30 or whatevs.

(Not too late though because I'm going through the Everybody Loves Raymond boxset at the moment and trying to watch four episodes a night.)
Possibly.
Not everybody loves Raymond. I do not. I love massive norks and a filthy mouth.

I might TiVo it though for maximum gameage.
I'll be in but I don't know what time.. Depends what time we get the little 'un to bed.
Heh. Halo book I'm reading presently: "The Thursday War".
Saturnalian wrote:
Not everybody loves Raymond. I do not. I love massive norks and a filthy mouth.

Filthy posh mouth, ideally.
Will be on approx 8.30.
Saturnalian wrote:
Not everybody loves Raymond. I do not.

Indeed no; he's an utter dick. As is literally everyone he knows in various different, but equally appalling, ways. There's nothing funny about Everyone Love Raymond, it's genuinely one of the most miserable and depressing representations of human life I've ever seen.
I shall probably be on well before 8:30.
GovernmentYard wrote:
I shall probably be on well before 8:30.

I am cooking a casserole. This cannot be rushed.
I have fucking work to do because of a stupid trial tomorrow morning. I'll try to get on though.
Unless you're presenting that case, I can't imagine for the life of me what work you need to do! You can always read the bundle on the way to the court.

... like the barrister will. ;)
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Not everybody loves Raymond. I do not.

Indeed no; he's an utter dick. As is literally everyone he knows in various different, but equally appalling, ways. There's nothing funny about Everyone Love Raymond, it's genuinely one of the most miserable and depressing representations of human life I've ever seen.

I love Everybody Loves Raymond. His brother is awesome funny.
WTB wrote:
I have fucking work to do because of a stupid trial tomorrow morning. I'll try to get on though.

GOOD. friends of ham tomorrow then
Remember when you were a kid and your mate bought his C64 to your house or you took your Amstrad to his? And everything worked easily?

I took my Xbox on my Xmas hols. It was a pig to get it online and required a patching of the router.

I get the bloody thing home again and will it connect to the internet? Will it fuck!

Half hour of arsing around. Finally solved by, wait for it, unplugging the official Xbox wireless dongle and plugging it in again. Seriously! Nothing else had changed. It was the difference between it connecting to the internet but not the Xbox servers and then actually working.

Seriously hope the next gen consoles are less of a pain in the arse.

Glad I check early enough really!

Anyway, off to have my lovely dinner in a mo. Will be online when I have scrummed it down!
I'm aiming to be on about 9ish... And I may be bringing a friend.
I'm done now but I have a new Kindle to play with. And I'm hungry. :(
MaliA wrote:
WTB wrote:

GOOD. friends of ham tomorrow then

I've been there! It's good! But yeah, I doubt it - these trials are usually over by about 2PM and then I have to head straight back to the office.

We definitely need to a Leeds pub meet soon though.
This is happening now and it's brilliant!
Tiny maps and Halo were made for each other. That was joyous.
:blown:

Monumentally good laugh.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Remember when you were a kid and your mate bought his C64 to your house or you took your Amstrad to his? And everything worked easily?

No. I remember things being equally as awkward. Pieces of paper stuffed in the tape deck, faffing around with said tape decks level, twiddling the tape jack to get a decent connection, disks that would corrupt if you as much as sneezed near them, games that would ねえd to be returned to the shops not once, not twice, not even three times but four times to get a copy which worked (and that on the fourth copy, when loading, you could choose whether to have working music and glitched graphics or perfect graphics and no music by holding down the J key or not. How we discovered this, I have no idea.)

And something tells me, based on my experiences of the multiface and its ilk, that if you could somehow connect a spectrum wirelessly to the internet it would most certainly not work easily.
That was awesome! Can't wait for the next one!
Mr Dave wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:

No. I remember things being equally as awkward. Pieces of paper stuffed in the tape deck, faffing around with said tape decks level, twiddling the tape jack to get a decent connection, disks that would corrupt if you as much as sneezed near them, games that would ねえd to be returned to the shops not once, not twice, not even three times but four times to get a copy which worked (and that on the fourth copy, when loading, you could choose whether to have working music and glitched graphics or perfect graphics and no music by holding down the J key or not. How we discovered this, I have no idea.)

And something tells me, based on my experiences of the multiface and its ilk, that if you could somehow connect a spectrum wirelessly to the internet it would most certainly not work easily.

Not my experience at all, barring the returning tape games to the shop. And I never had a CPC or Amiga disc fail on me until the CPC discs were so old it would be expected (i.e 10 years +). Had a copy of Hard Drivin on tape though that shed its oxide from one section in a great big chunk!

At my peak I had 450+ titles on CPC. Spectrum, C64 and Amiga. All original media.

Reliable tape loading on the Speccy and CPC became very easy once you knew how. C64 was much harder and involved voodoo. In later years returning a tape became quite rare unless the game was shit and you just wanted to change it.

If you treat your media and equipment like shit then yes it will fail. It was always the kids at school who claimed they had to do things like "hold the tape deck down" that ended up with games that never loaded because holding the tape deck down ended up fucking up the alignment. Call me a geek but even at the age of 10 I could work that one out! Also go to Tandy and get a proper non abrasive head cleaner to use every 6 months!

I have a whole raft of 8 and 16 bits behind me that run just fine. Oddly, many of which are interfaced to modern equipment without fuss. It's only my poor old BBC Master keyboard that struggles sometimes due to the abuse it suffered during 7 years in a classroom.
Saturnalian wrote:
Tiny maps and Halo were made for each other. That was joyous.

Needs to be done again, but with Dimrill.

Proper runny round pew pew pew fun that didn't require too much thinking!
I just woke up. :(
I was working.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to join in next time.
Zardoz wrote:
I was working.

Booo.....

Zardoz wrote:
Hopefully I'll get a chance to join in next time.

Yaaaaaa!
I'll have a look at forge and see if I can do a rockets only level like we used to play.
I enjoyed making levels on Reach.. I might see if I can do the same on 4.
Page 4 of 10 [ 474 posts ]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10

Active Topics