Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Halo 4
Awesome Happy Spartan Thread.
Page 4 of 10 [ 474 posts ]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10
I have fucking work to do because of a stupid trial tomorrow morning. I'll try to get on though.
Unless you're presenting that case, I can't imagine for the life of me what work you need to do! You can always read the bundle on the way to the court.

... like the barrister will. ;)
Bamba wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Not everybody loves Raymond. I do not.

Indeed no; he's an utter dick. As is literally everyone he knows in various different, but equally appalling, ways. There's nothing funny about Everyone Love Raymond, it's genuinely one of the most miserable and depressing representations of human life I've ever seen.

I love Everybody Loves Raymond. His brother is awesome funny.
WTB wrote:
I have fucking work to do because of a stupid trial tomorrow morning. I'll try to get on though.

GOOD. friends of ham tomorrow then
Remember when you were a kid and your mate bought his C64 to your house or you took your Amstrad to his? And everything worked easily?

I took my Xbox on my Xmas hols. It was a pig to get it online and required a patching of the router.

I get the bloody thing home again and will it connect to the internet? Will it fuck!

Half hour of arsing around. Finally solved by, wait for it, unplugging the official Xbox wireless dongle and plugging it in again. Seriously! Nothing else had changed. It was the difference between it connecting to the internet but not the Xbox servers and then actually working.

Seriously hope the next gen consoles are less of a pain in the arse.

Glad I check early enough really!

Anyway, off to have my lovely dinner in a mo. Will be online when I have scrummed it down!
I'm aiming to be on about 9ish... And I may be bringing a friend.
I'm done now but I have a new Kindle to play with. And I'm hungry. :(
MaliA wrote:
WTB wrote:

GOOD. friends of ham tomorrow then

I've been there! It's good! But yeah, I doubt it - these trials are usually over by about 2PM and then I have to head straight back to the office.

We definitely need to a Leeds pub meet soon though.
This is happening now and it's brilliant!
Tiny maps and Halo were made for each other. That was joyous.
:blown:

Monumentally good laugh.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Remember when you were a kid and your mate bought his C64 to your house or you took your Amstrad to his? And everything worked easily?

No. I remember things being equally as awkward. Pieces of paper stuffed in the tape deck, faffing around with said tape decks level, twiddling the tape jack to get a decent connection, disks that would corrupt if you as much as sneezed near them, games that would ねえd to be returned to the shops not once, not twice, not even three times but four times to get a copy which worked (and that on the fourth copy, when loading, you could choose whether to have working music and glitched graphics or perfect graphics and no music by holding down the J key or not. How we discovered this, I have no idea.)

And something tells me, based on my experiences of the multiface and its ilk, that if you could somehow connect a spectrum wirelessly to the internet it would most certainly not work easily.
That was awesome! Can't wait for the next one!
Mr Dave wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:

No. I remember things being equally as awkward. Pieces of paper stuffed in the tape deck, faffing around with said tape decks level, twiddling the tape jack to get a decent connection, disks that would corrupt if you as much as sneezed near them, games that would ねえd to be returned to the shops not once, not twice, not even three times but four times to get a copy which worked (and that on the fourth copy, when loading, you could choose whether to have working music and glitched graphics or perfect graphics and no music by holding down the J key or not. How we discovered this, I have no idea.)

And something tells me, based on my experiences of the multiface and its ilk, that if you could somehow connect a spectrum wirelessly to the internet it would most certainly not work easily.

Not my experience at all, barring the returning tape games to the shop. And I never had a CPC or Amiga disc fail on me until the CPC discs were so old it would be expected (i.e 10 years +). Had a copy of Hard Drivin on tape though that shed its oxide from one section in a great big chunk!

At my peak I had 450+ titles on CPC. Spectrum, C64 and Amiga. All original media.

Reliable tape loading on the Speccy and CPC became very easy once you knew how. C64 was much harder and involved voodoo. In later years returning a tape became quite rare unless the game was shit and you just wanted to change it.

If you treat your media and equipment like shit then yes it will fail. It was always the kids at school who claimed they had to do things like "hold the tape deck down" that ended up with games that never loaded because holding the tape deck down ended up fucking up the alignment. Call me a geek but even at the age of 10 I could work that one out! Also go to Tandy and get a proper non abrasive head cleaner to use every 6 months!

I have a whole raft of 8 and 16 bits behind me that run just fine. Oddly, many of which are interfaced to modern equipment without fuss. It's only my poor old BBC Master keyboard that struggles sometimes due to the abuse it suffered during 7 years in a classroom.
Saturnalian wrote:
Tiny maps and Halo were made for each other. That was joyous.

Needs to be done again, but with Dimrill.

Proper runny round pew pew pew fun that didn't require too much thinking!
I just woke up. :(
I was working.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to join in next time.
Zardoz wrote:
I was working.

Booo.....

Zardoz wrote:
Hopefully I'll get a chance to join in next time.

Yaaaaaa!
I'll have a look at forge and see if I can do a rockets only level like we used to play.
I enjoyed making levels on Reach.. I might see if I can do the same on 4.
I thought that was proper good fun. Thanks guys.

I mostly enjoyed:

* Fiendishly spotting GovYard running behind a wall to hide and sneaking upon him with my shotty, only to find him waiting for me with a giant mallet.
* The flood game with the invisible perk. Aces as ever.
* Those SWAT games without the radar. Scoring any headshot feels awesome.
* That level we kept playing with the death zone in the middle. Regicide is awesome even though Nik was surprising good at kicking ass.
I like how the weapon drops cause comedy, such as my mallet. More lulzmaker than game breaker. It all feels fair and balanced and when we played against well drilled randoms even the small victories felt worth fighting for.
Saturnalian wrote:
* That level we kept playing with the death zone in the middle. Regicide is awesome even though Nik was surprising good at kicking ass.

Just nip that Nik in the bud old fruit, it's Nic.
It was a pleasure kicking ass!

Everybody made me feel very welcome, apart from all the threats!

Perhaps next time we can get some Team Death Match on the go!
I'll see if I can figure out how to get the vids and screenshots uploaded if we do this again.
Chinny drops by.
And starts a group hug with Nic. Naturally Nic is elated.
Amazing scenes! See what everyone who doesn't own Halo 4 is missing out on? Flying Chinnys and group hugs!
Saturnalian wrote:
Chinny drops by.

I used 2 Halo Cheevo Points to buy some kind of jet pack that only flies you about 3 feet. Ergo I assume it was made by "Sinclair".

Don't understand why I can't use my usual powerups in multiplayer either. I already have a jet pack!
It looks like I'm doing that Usain Bolt pose.
I've started the campaign on Heroic and I seem to be getting my arse handed to me far more than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nope.
Nope.
markg wrote:
I've started the campaign on Heroic and I seem to be getting my arse handed to me far more than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

The first real choke point would be the open plan area full of covenant. Remain at distance, take enemies down one at a time, use scoped weapons.
I've got through that, I'm on the planet thing fighting the machine gun dogs and the vanishing men efforts.
Clocked it last night on Heroic.

Really enjoyed playing it, nice new enemies/weapons, big ass battles.

Couple of bits fell short of the mark for me though.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The escape the sploshuns on a Ghost (Hnnggnhh) and the QTE sections (why?).

Couple of really bitchy sections towards the end.

Looking forward to Legendary play through with the Dream Team and other online MP shitz.
I played this last night with 3 friends against some random Xbox live people. One of the games was a complete whitewash but it was still fun!

Anyway, when are we having another Bezzie night?
I'm free tonight. I think.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm free tonight. I think.

I can be around, but only after 9pm. Have stuff to do.
I should be on presently.
I might be on later too.
I will be on. Probably about 9.15pm now as I want some food as I only just got in.
2 mins!
Chinny, what's your Xbox 'handle'?

Not sure if you're on my chum list.
Zardoz wrote:
Chinny, what's your Xbox 'handle'?

Not sure if you're on my chum list.

Same as here.

I went online for about 40 minutes after my last post but nobody joined me.
I popped on earlier, saw no one on my list playing so I did some MP with randoms and looked at Spartan Ops.

Sorry.

Oh, and I'll double check you're on my list (Zardoz123 is my cyber tag).
markg wrote:
I've got through that, I'm on the planet thing fighting the machine gun dogs and the vanishing men efforts.

Knew I bookmarked this for a reason...

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... es-to-win/

I tend to accept that AI is I in games and forget that enemies are all just puzzles to be solved. Sometimes reading up on how to solve the seperate parts that make up the puzzles is necessary. I wasn't doing badly clocking how to own prometheans but this helped clear a couple of things up for me.
Didn't check the forum tonight, I have new musical things to learn. Can be on weds, thurs though if people are up for it. Will check tomorrow if I remember :)
Sorry.. I intended to go online but the baby had other ideas.
Okay - so Thursday night good for everyone again ?
I'll do my best.

What time?
Page 4 of 10 [ 474 posts ]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10

Active Topics