Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Sniper Elite V2
Zooo-whoosh-crack-squish
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ]
Just finished this and it was pretty darn cool. Rebellion made this, who I'm almost certain, did the other sniper game on PS2 set in WW2. It was probably called Sniper Elite. I've got no clue really but it was aces, that PS2 game, that is. You were vulnerable as a lone sniper and shots had to take into account bullet drop and wind direction. It was much less tedious than that sounds either. You had to judge by eye how much to account for, mainly, bullet drop.

V2 is very similar but tarted up slightly and gives you more assistance for the pussy-ass mo' fo's that can't be arsed to play the game properly. I turned off all the helping stuff, of course (a diamond tells you exactly where the bullet will fall which pretty much takes any skill out of it whatsoever)(are developers too fucking scared to let us struggle these days for fucks sake)(Least you can turn that bollocks off on the highest difficulty), cause I'm a man not an adolescent gaylord.

You look down the sight, eye up your target and hit the focus button that slows down time a bit, nudge the stick about and squeeze the trigger.

Then this happens.

And that's why it's worth playing. WW2? Fuck yeah.
So you don't like impact prediction (which modern targeting systems already do) but you're happy with being able to slow down time? ;)

I loved the shit out of the demo of this, and will be picking it up the second it gets below £20.
Is this the game where you can shoot individual bollocks off?
You clearly didn't watch the video ;)
Grim... wrote:
You clearly didn't watch the video ;)

Youtube is blocked at work!
You can shoot both bollocks off at once!
The slow mo effect is marginal really. Besides it's supposed to be 1945 not 2012 and being able to pinpoint where a long distance shot will land takes out the skill element.

I picked it up for exactly £20 at Blockbuster of all places, dontchaknow.

The campaigns on-line co-op too which is riotous fun.

Oh and it's got a couple of good multiplayer scenarios too. For example, one guy's the sniper while the other has light arms. The sniper has to provide cover while the other is dashing about the place completing objectives trying not to get his face shot off. I had a go on this with some random yesterday and it was brilliant fun an' all.
Psh, what you want is sniper 2 for the ps2.
onderment
W
Yes David.
So, I bought this from the Steam sale this weekend, and i've had a couple of goes on it today (yay for a train derailment at Bletchley! Gave me an excuse to work from home today :D)

It's pretty good fun, but i'm really not the kind of person to play any sort of stealth game at all, I can creep for literally 5 seconds before thinking "fuck it" and doing shit that inevitably gets me killed. Luckily this game doesn't have that much finesse around it, and can handle my boredom threshold. Sure I die quite a bit, but i'm shooting balls and pinging heads with the best of them. My current favourite shot was a single shot, double ankle takedown on a walking nazi, through one ankle, then out and into the other. Painful I imagine.
Don't ever play the ArmA games, Trooper. You'd explode with boredom.
Annoyingly you can't swap your difficulty settings mid campaign, luckily I found that out after mission 2.
I've restarted with easy enemies, but realistic sniping.
I've been playing this too, pretty good fun I thought. Amusing to note how the story is contrived so as to allow you to explode the heads of Commies as well as Nazis. Americans really hate Commies don't they.
Just got my first double headshot, and also my first double bollock :D
Just checking - when you take a shot in this game, it actually comes back and tells you how many testicles you hit?

That's a pretty compelling reason to buy this.
It doesn't tell you, it shows you them exploding, in slow motion.
Sniper Elite 4 announced has the following "improvements":

1) Mo Killcam X-ray Pew Pew akshun

2) Blow up explosives and now watch shrapnel embed in nearby enemies face holes. In slow mo!

3) Do a stealth attack and watch a Mortal Kombat fatality as your knife meet brain.
Sweet!
Footage.

http://youtu.be/d6LaD4135fw
Look what I did!

I'm not convinced I even saw the third guy there
He's sat down to the right, and got taken out when the second guy's grenade exploded.

Clearly he wasn't close enough.
Oh! I didn't quite get that.
NIIIICE
Grim... wrote:
Look what I did!

"Use Stealth"

I'm surprised.
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ]

Active Topics