Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 33
The highest degree in Masonry
Page 40 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 60
MaliA wrote:
Been to Bicester and back. 2hours 45 minutes each way. New record! Got the bikes up here now, hurrah!

Err, eh? Where do you live, again?
kalmar wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Been to Bicester and back. 2hours 45 minutes each way. New record! Got the bikes up here now, hurrah!

West Yorkshire.
It's snowing here this morning.
Just rain here.
Rain in York. :( Was lovely during my pissing exams.
WTB wrote:
Rain in York. :( Was lovely during my pissing exams.

You can get degrees in anything these days.
Rather than asking MrsA "When are you getting married?", certain friends now say "You should have children soon, as you're not getting any younger and there's restrictions on IVF". Um, thanks, that makes her feeel great. I'm quite annoyed over this, I think it's quite the cruel thing to say.
Lovely sun in rural Cheshire; the daffodils are swaying in the breeze. :)

Saw The Inbetweeners movie last night; laughed long and hard throughout.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
"Cum on my bastard tits!" >>> L-LOL :DD
MaliA wrote:
Rather than asking MrsA "When are you getting married?", certain friends now say "You should have children soon, as you're not getting any younger and there's restrictions on IVF". Um, thanks, that makes her feeel great. I'm quite annoyed over this, I think it's quite the cruel thing to say.

Cannot stand people like that. Absolutely horrible, judgemental people. Idiots.
Have we had this? A demonstration of how utterly stupid and pointless QR codes are, and how marketers have no idea what to do with them.

http://wtfqrcodes.com/
Craster wrote:
Have we had this? A demonstration of how utterly stupid and pointless QR codes are, and how marketers have no idea what to do with them.

http://wtfqrcodes.com/

My favourite:
Nice having the 'Fall Season' poster next to it. :D
I think I like this one best:

:DD
This is a wonderful story. This woman has had her life transformed after a horse riding accident left her paralysed from the waist down. She's been fitted with a robotic suit that moves her legs for her via a series of motors, like in 'The Wrong Trousers', and she's going to take part in The London Marathon using these robotic trousers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/n ... -legs.html

I'm going to go ahead and say 'cheating'.
Mimi wrote:
This is a wonderful story. This woman has had her life transformed after a horse riding accident left her paralysed from the waist down. She's been fitted with a robotic suit that moves her legs for her via a series of motors, like in 'The Wrong Trousers', and she's going to take part in The London Marathon using these robotic trousers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/n ... -legs.html

I'm going to go ahead and say 'cheating'.

That's awesome. I'd want a pair to make me 12 feet tall, though.
MaliA wrote:
kalmar wrote:
MaliA wrote:

West Yorkshire.

Yeah, I read the above as you'd done that journey by push bike. Which would be quite impressive. Robolegs.
Just let raptor do an analysis on my gaming...

I got:

Quote:
Action! You're all about it, along with 25% of other Raptr members. So if you're looking for people to play your My Little Pony-themed Quake mod, you've come to the right place.
1) I bought two pairs of trousers for work yesterday. They fit around the waist but feel really rather tight around the arse and legs, compared to my other trousers.. I'm concerned I look silly, with skinny legs or something.

2)Never use Sainsbury's Basics powdered milk, it doesn't dissolve too well. 3/10

3) Yesterday, in Leeds, we went to a place to grab a late lunch. We ordered two roast beef dinner things at quarter to three. They eventually arrived at twenty five to four, and were tepid, at best. We complained to the manager who gave us a full refund (£20) and a voucher for two meals reddemable whenever we want as they 'are really proud of our food, and I'm quite embarressed'. Which was decent.

4) Having had half a cold roast dinner, we took the train back to Saltaire and went to Fanny's and had MOAR BEER. Which was good. I was quite pissed by the times we got in.
Talking of getting pissed, I went to the pub as usual after work on Friday. Only planned to have a couple of cokes but ended up staying out till 11 (not that late, but long enough considering I finished work at 5). Half-cut, I then got home, took a backup of my files and then installed Windows 7 on my main PC. In hindsight, I should have probably done this sober as I'd backed up one set of files twice and not backed up another set at all. :belm:
MaliA wrote:
1) I bought two pairs of trousers for work yesterday. They fit around the waist but feel really rather tight around the arse and legs, compared to my other trousers.. I'm concerned I look silly, with skinny legs or something.

MaliA wrote:

I see that the red shirt is covered up in that photo to prevent unwanted swooning incidents.
My friend done done writ a book:

Quote:
"Wheatley’s debut is written with astonishing assurance and emotional maturity," said Mabey. "Featuring some memorable characters and a genuinely poignant story, he has painted a powerful, gritty, unsettling picture of friendship and identity that will resonate with all lovers of Steinbeck."
That's excellent.

He should have got me to make the cover though. :)
Mimi wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Cannot stand people like that. Absolutely horrible, judgemental people. Idiots.

:this:

I don't think I'd call them 'friends'.
Spanish chimps play pokemon in Brum.
My iMac, yesterday.
More LED's?
Dimrill wrote:

HOlé shit.
Strikethrough doesn't work too well with capital 'H'.
Mrs.W made scones then decided she didnt like them so now I get all scones yaay!
krazywookie wrote:
Mrs.W made scones then decided she didnt like them so now I get all scones yaay!

Totally the wrong thread for this kind of thing. That kind of news belongs in the Yay Thread, or if you have pictures to prove it, in the cookery thread.
Zardoz wrote:
That's excellent.

He should have got me to make the cover though. :)

I'm very pleased that he's finished it, and it'll be on sale soon. I'll probably read it, but did offer to just give him £5 instead. That's two of my friends with book deals now, and I have't read the other's yet.
Frost on the car this morning, but it looks to be turning into a beautiful day, now.

Realised last night, that as I've got a spare set of wheels for my pushbike, I can have one set shod with road tyres, and the other with off road, and swap them out as necessary. one day I'll attempt the hill up to work, thank goodness for very low gears. Also, an RTS won't look at all odd in commuting trim.

We've begun watching The Wire agian, as we never got past episode 6 of series one, so I'm avoiding that thread here. We've got the first couple of series on DVD, and I'll try and pick up the rest. it is consdierably better than "Don't tell the Bride".

Looking forward to Liverpool at the weekend, I'm making sure I've got my best shell suit ready.
MaliA wrote:
Looking forward to Liverpool at the weekend, I'm making sure I've got my best shell suit ready.

Shell suit? Are you going to work, la? Casual clothes only, like.
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

In seriousness, am I going to be OK wearing plimsols, or do dress codes for establishments still exist?
Incredible: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-ri ... op-saying/
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

In seriousness, am I going to be OK wearing plimsols, or do dress codes for establishments still exist?

Stay away from sportswear and you'll be fine. And little tip: don't use the word 'plimsol' in Liverpool.

HTH
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Stay away from sportswear and you'll be fine. And little tip: don't use the word 'plimsol' in Liverpool.

HTH

Noted, ta.
I just joined the local library and was filling out the form online when this question (the second one) popped up. I don't seem to be able to skip it.
"White UK / White Other / Irish" made me laugh.

But that's bad that the section isn't optional.
I meant more that I can't select English as a language!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

"But if none of that stuff existed, there would be nothing stopping Jay-Z from taking your farm." :D
Mimi wrote:
I meant more that I can't select English as a language!

"Other"
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

HTH

Oh god. I hadn't even considered what to wear yet, it's four days away! What am I going wear!!?!?!?!!... *hyperventilates*
I went for Banladeshi Italian.
Mimi wrote:
I went for Banladeshi Italian.

Enjoy trying to log on to the web site next time.
Nameo:

Passwordo:
Page 40 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 60

Active Topics