Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: eBay tales of woe
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:24 
Awesome
Yes

Doesn't sound too woeful to me apart from the extra hassle needed to refund him. Better that than not having the money at all!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:41 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mr Russell wrote:
Doesn't sound too woeful to me apart from the extra hassle needed to refund him. Better that than not having the money at all!

I agree, not woeful at all but when there's a choice between putting something on the forum or working, I had to type something. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 
Awesome
Yes

TheVision wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I agree, not woeful at all but when there's a choice between putting something on the forum or working, I had to type something. :)

I have no idea what you mean.

*procrastinates furiously*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 0:12 
Prince of Fops

Mr Russell wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I have no idea what you mean.

*procrastinates furiously*

A thought just occurred. Is procrastinate the scientific term for the reproduction of Crasters?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 0:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It's certainly furious.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 0:17 
Prince of Fops

Cras wrote:
It's certainly furious.

And fast?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 
Excellent Member

Quote:
So on the 28th I called Ebay and said I was pissed off at the one sided nature of the case, the options open to me were refund him (not happening ) send him a tracking number (done on the sale) or keep sending messages that was a waste of time.

I asked when I was going to get the chance to show that I had sent the goods and that they had been signed for, they took 5 minutes and found for me and closed the case.

This keeps going, on the 9th Jan I get a message from EBay saying that the account that made the purchase may have been compromised and that they were restoring it to the rightful owner.

So I assume they force some sort of password reset and identify check.

Then on the 14th I get a message from the account , that I now assume is the correct owner. It said that Ebay had refunded him all his money back (no evidence of this on the dashboard) and could I send him my bank account details and sort code so he can send the money to me !? - I ignored it.

Then on the 27th he opens a PayPal case. PayPal again sent him the tracking and there was no reversal on my account or any other restrictions. I called them yesterday and they said they thought the case was not valid, they asked me to send a picture of the paper receipt of postage, which I did. I also told them to look at the messages he had sent me since the 1st of Jan.

They closed the case in my favour last night, so lesson here is send it with tracking and keep your paper work for 180 days as people can open cased for this long via PayPal.

Not sure why this guy has bothered, he was never going to get aware claiming he didn't receive his goods when I had sent it via tracked postage.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 0:27 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I've received my first negative feedback as a seller. I sold a PSone game and in the description, stated that the case was a bit marked but may polish out.

The guy has received the game and left negative feedback saying "You didn't mention that the case was all cracked. Cheek!"

Clearly it's been broken in the post. If he'd have let me know I'd have gladly refunded him some of the money as it was only £3 odd. Also, it was sent recorded delivery so I could have claimed through the post office. Dick.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 
Comfortably Dumb

TheVision wrote:
I've received my first negative feedback as a seller. I sold a PSone game and in the description, stated that the case was a bit marked but may polish out.

The guy has received the game and left negative feedback saying "You didn't mention that the case was all cracked. Cheek!"

Clearly it's been broken in the post. If he'd have let me know I'd have gladly refunded him some of the money as it was only £3 odd. Also, it was sent recorded delivery so I could have claimed through the post office. Dick.

Ugh. It's a shame when people are petty like that. eBay has a whole case management thing for this kind of thing - negative feedback should be a last resort. I've had sellers cancel auctions on me after I've bought them, sellers who say overstate the condition of their stuff or just leave out the details where it suits them and some who just take an age to send anything, but I've yet to leave any negative feedback for anyone.

I've had a bit of a mixed bag lately. Some good stuff like these PS1 games. I didn't even spot Ghost in the Shell in there and that sold straight away on my site. On the other hand, I've had a load of Saturn games where pretty much every one had something wrong with them and some Xbox games that UKMail have apparently had since October 19th according to the tracking, whereas I actually think they've lost them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 

Not a tale of woe as such, but my mother just told me that a few weeks ago she was going to bid on a baked potato oven for me as I love baked potatoes and don’t have a proper oven and now our Spud U Like has closed down. She was about to bid when she noticed in the small print that it was to cook up to 120 large potatoes at one time :DD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 
UltraMod

I'm not seeing the problem here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 

I could cater weddings :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 

No!! I could RE-OPEN SPUD U LIKE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 
Unpossible!

Mimi wrote:
No!! I could RE-OPEN SPUD U LIKE

Sold.

There's still a Spud U Like at Cheshire Oaks. I wonder why yours closed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:04 

There’s one at Merry Hill, too. I think it just wasn’t getting enough custom. There were a band of hardy regulars but obviously not enough to keep it open. I think the franchise owned five or six, but all but Merry Hill have now closed. The manager of the one that’s closed near me has gone to manage the Merry Hill branch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Had my eBay account hacked on Saturday. Luckily it was only £6.95 for a pack of socks. Other than a few password changes, no harm is done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Amazing that someone would go to that trouble. Keep an eye on it.. It might be being primed for a big purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 
Master of dodgy spelling....

TheVision wrote:
Amazing that someone would go to that trouble. Keep an eye on it.. It might be being primed for a big purchase.

yes they had reserved a £300 tom tom.. all ok now. Many passwords changed..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 
Comfortably Dumb

I need to be less trusting on eBay. I got scammed out of £83 last week. My own fault for not keeping everything within eBay though -

1) I spot a cheap SNES with a bundle of games for a zero-rated seller. I buy and pay for it
2) Within an hour, I get my money back and the auction is cancelled without explanation
3) A couple of days later, I see the same SNES but sold by a different ID. I buy and pay again
4) I get a message from the seller saying that he cant get access to the money because he can't prove his ID to eBay. We agree to him returning me the money, cancelling the auction and me paying for it manually. This was obviously my big mistake but in the message conversations, he sounded genuine enough to fool me and they did return the money to me initially. At this point, I thought everything was sorted.
5) At the weekend, I see the SNES again.. new seller ID. We exchange a few more messages about it, but ultimately have to give it up.

I felt rather sheepish when I realised what I'd done, but I figure if I posted about it, it might help someone be less stupid than I was. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:17 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:
TheVision wrote:

That's an expensive drum. Glad you got it sorted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 
Paws for thought

Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
TheVision wrote:

How quaint, I can't remember the last time I encountered anyone referring to a drum as a Tom Tom.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 14:18 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

devilman wrote:
I felt rather sheepish when I realised what I'd done, but I figure if I posted about it, it might help someone be less stupid than I was. :)

Obviously fraud and get the authorities involved , but also depending on what method you used to pay for it get them involved as well (I assume you did not use Paypal as they could simply reverse the payment and you'd get your money back)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 15:14 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
TheVision wrote:

How quaint, I can't remember the last time I encountered anyone referring to a drum as a Tom Tom.

Well that's its name.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 16:33 
Paws for thought

Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Well that's its name.

I bet you enjoy playing the pianoforte.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 16:46 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Well that's its name.

I bet you enjoy playing the pianoforte.

Well it is my f--

Nope, can't do it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 0:48 
Comfortably Dumb

Yesterday - I buy a boxed Saturn and 19 games for £110. Listed as 'mint'
Today - Seller refunds my money, cancels the auctions and sends me a message 'Hi I'm sorry about this it's not working I should have checked it was all working I messed up sorry'
Seems pretty obvious he's had an offer for it elsewhere, but to test the water, I say I'd have been ok with a partial refund and just the games and accessories.. no reply.

Getting rather tired of this stuff now, so I phoned eBay Customer Service who said they do look into this stuff. It won't get me the Saturn, but still.

Also, eBay's callback system is a bit odd. Every time I've used it, you get a call and then an automated message says "When VALUED_CUSTOMER is on the line, press one..".. I assume it's the message that's supposed to be played to the Customer Service bod and not to me. It makes me so valued.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 17:23 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Total facepalm... I've sold something and sent it with a load of other things before I've received the payment!

I reckon I've got little chance of seeing that money now. Bugger.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:35 
Comfortably Dumb

TheVision wrote:
Total facepalm... I've sold something and sent it with a load of other things before I've received the payment!

I reckon I've got little chance of seeing that money now. Bugger.

What rating does the buyer have? I didn't realise till a friend mentioned it the other day that sellers can't leave bad feedback for buyers now - news to me, but I've not sold on there in a while.

I've been having mixed results with eBay lately. Found some good bits and bobs but also an increasing number of people just not sending anything to me and me having to claim the money back from eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:43 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I think it's been like that for a while now.

The seller has good feedback, over 1000 I think but still... We'll wait and see if he does the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:51 
Bad Girl

Can’t you send him a message like “Hi dude, just to let you know I’ve sent you [some stuff] early. Wouldn’t want you to miss out due to Christmas post! Happy computering. I’ll be grateful if you could make payment within 7 days. Yours sincerely, TV”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:55 
ugvm'er at heart...

I sent a message to the solenoid folks who sold me dud ones that don't fit, they replied saying " take some videos and photos of the difference between the old and new ones, our engineers will look at them and if we agree we'll arrange a reasonable refund"...
I replied saying "consumer rights act 2015 bitches" they replied saying "here is your refund in full and you keep the parts, we don't want them back"

Yay!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 20:25 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Satsuma wrote:
Can’t you send him a message like “Hi dude, just to let you know I’ve sent you [some stuff] early. Wouldn’t want you to miss out due to Christmas post! Happy computering. I’ll be grateful if you could make payment within 7 days. Yours sincerely, TV”

Yeah, I did that at about 4:30 this afternoon. I haven't heard anything yet so We shall see what happens.

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8