Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rainbow Six: Siege
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:20 
Bad Girl

This already has its own thread but it’s not titled properly and that’s just not on.

My gaming backlog is currently Hitman (and a load of PS+ games but who has time for that) but I can’t be arsed to pick it up. Rainbow Six: Siege has consumed all my gaming time and I’m completely in the midst of its multiplayer grip.

Have I mentioned how brilliant RS:S is? It’s better than all multiplayer FP shooters. What a stunningly awesome fuck fest it is.

Game modes: 1) 5v5 turn based matches. One side attacks, one defends. 2) There’s also a co-op mode where you and up to 5 others defend against waves of enemies. That’s your lot. You don’t need anymore variation. It’s enough to last a lifetime.

The destructible scenery is the best thing ever. Remember when Battlefront were like, you can blow everything up, and it was a crock of shit? Well RSS says you can blow up most of the walls, floors and ceilings and you can! But tactically! Someone downstairs causing you grief? Well nip upstairs and shoot through the floorboards. It’s amazing.

And the blood splats? Best. Blood. Splats. Ever. In any game ever made ever. Not even kidding.

Everyone who likes shooting things in the face should shoot things in the face on this.

Post subject: Re: Rainbow Six: Siege
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Satsuma wrote:
And the blood splats? Best. Blood. Splats. Ever. In any game ever made ever. Not even kidding.

If you had more time for PS+ games you'd know that wasn't true.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:24 
Bad Girl

Grim... wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

If you had more time for PS+ games you'd know that wasn't true.

If you’re referring to Killing Floor 2 then you haven’t sprayed someone’s brain matter over the wall in RSS cause this is brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:25 
Bad Girl

Here’s a few rounds from last night so you can get the gist of how the matches work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:33 
Bad Girl

And another. The great thing about RSS is that even if you die in a round you can operate any working cameras and tag enemies in game for your buddies, which is super helpful but then the enemies can shoot out the cameras as well.

I bloody love it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:44 
Hello Hello Hello

I got a code for this game with one of the Samsung things in my new PC. I haven't downloaded it yet.

Maybe I will download it.

I don't remember reading any reviews of it anywhere or it getting on my radar in any way.

For free it seems silly not to give it a go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:51 

It looks fun if you like online shooters I guess but to be honest I was a bit gutted when this came out and it was pvp only. I loved Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the campaign and the co-op terrorist hunts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 17:59 
Bad Girl

There’s still classic terrorist hunt just no campaign (although there are Situations, which might as well have been made into a campaign).

It’s not just PvP either as there’s plenty of PvE action if that’s what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 18:41 
Rude Belittler

I dunno, it's almost ended up on my harddrive countless times, when sales are on, but there's something about it I don't fancy.

Other than the fact it's on its second season pass, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 18:56 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Does it have a guy who tries to kill you with his dick but you shoot his dick and his dick missed but then he goes for another player with his dick and hits but as he hits with his dick you keep healing the pllayer while another person shoots his dick and then you fire an RPG in his dick and he dies and you win?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 19:17 
Bad Girl

Pundabaya wrote:
I dunno, it's almost ended up on my harddrive countless times, when sales are on, but there's something about it I don't fancy.

Other than the fact it's on its second season pass, obviously.

Unusually for a Ubisoft game all the maps are free.

You only get the new characters (usually 2 newbies each release) with the season pass. And the new characters are unlockable with the in-game XP anyway! The requirements are high, mind, so it can be a bit of a grind if you’re not play regularly. That being said, most people choose the starting blokes (there’s about 20 of them I think) so you’re never missing out much anyway.

The fun always comes from tactical play rather than who has the latest gun or whatever. You’d be silly not to go a few rounds with it.

The airplane assault is one of the best levels I’ve played in any FPS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 0:06 

Got this back when it first came out on the XBone, and getting back into it over the past few days, it's totally worth it. (I'd say only if you have a few friends to play it with though, otherwise everyone just goes everywhere)

I think it's about 10 hours of gameplay they said, to unlock the DLC Operators. Which isn't too bad really, I pretty much stick to one of 2 operators anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:48 
Rude Belittler

I think it's the asymmetric part. The only time I've really enjoyed asymmetric multiplayer was CounterStrike which was when this was all fields and you had to enjoy CounterStrike.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 14:21 
Rude Belittler

I succumbed.

I had a go at the Situations, and shot some Apple Tangos.

I had a go at multiplayer, and ended up crouching in the corner being bewildered. My team won though!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 18:13 
Bad Girl

Pundabaya wrote:
I succumbed.

I had a go at the Situations, and shot some Apple Tangos.

I had a go at multiplayer, and ended up crouching in the corner being bewildered. My team won though!

A viable tactic.

I quite like the situations because they allow you to explore the maps before you dip into the multiplayer and get wrecked by someone who has punched an inch wide hole in a wall to shoot off your kneecaps.

Are you on PS4?

I’d love to convert Zaphod to this so he finally stops playing CoD.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 18:47 
Rude Belittler

I'm on PS4, Pundy79 is the name.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 21:52 
Bad Girl

Fwended you up. If you want to have a blast - give us a shout.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 22:58 
Rude Belittler

Doing a bit better tonight, still plenty of swearing though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:53 
Rude Belittler

I both love and hate this game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 
Rude Belittler

I have some mens (and womens) now though.

I've got Sledge, Ash, Fuze and Twitch on O, and Rook, Jäger and Pulse on D.

I like the intro videos you get for the different classes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 
Bad Girl

I’m enjoying Castle at the minute - He’s the one who can set up the armoured doors/windows. He’s got a fast action shotgun for CQC (because let’s face it, if you’re getting in peoples faces you want to pull the trigger as rapidly as possible) or his submachine gun has a long barrel for ranged combat.

Plus, I reckon his armoured defence can be used to funnel the enemy where you want them to (generally) go. I’ve been experimenting with closing off certain areas or locking down, say, doors in a corridor so people just go “fuck that” and wander on. It’s sometimes effective. Or I sometimes use the amour just to cover my back so I can concentrate in front as I’ll hear a massive blast if they get blown out with a charge.

In fact, a large amount of the game is second guessing the psychology of your opponent: where are they coming from this time, will this trick work on them, do they move as a unit or individually, are they cautious or reckless and so on.

If you’re still playing Casual you might want to consider going into the Ranked mode. For a few reasons: 1) It’s first to four instead of three so matches last longer and you get a better chance to learn the levels and mess about 2) if both teams win 3 each then it goes to overtime and then it becomes the first team to win 2 matches. This can be super tense. 3) You always get to choose where you start on the map instead of it being random as in casual. It’s MUCH better for learning levels and generally just having fun. 4) The defending team also get to pick where to setup! So you’ll soon learn which areas people like defending most and how to assault/trick them and lastly (5) the people you play against aren’t anything special. Some people are great and reet tricky gits and some people are still crap.

Oh and 6) there’s no voting off a player you don’t like: everyone is equally rubbish.

Ranked is definitely the preferred game mode IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 14:29 
Rude Belittler

You have to be rank 20 to play ranked.

I'm pretty sure I'll get just as curbstomped in ranked, as in casual.

How do you deal with team killing fucktards in ranked?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 14:58 
Bad Girl

Really? That’s annoying.

Team killers get booted after a first offence (accidents happen. If I screw up I’ll just send a quick message saying sorry to the player - avoids them trying to kill you back!). Plus you’ve got a 15 minute lockdown in which you can’t play ranked. In fact, if you so much as leave a match midway through you get locked out for 15 minutes unless you go back to the game you just came out of. It’s pretty progressive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 18:36 
Rude Belittler

I think if the squad leader is over 20 then the whole squad can play ranked.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 
Rude Belittler

Man, sometimes I just want to scream "fuck this game" and uninstall it, but I can't stop playing it.

I thought "I'm getting better", game goes "nope" and I do crap.

I've unlocked Mute. I like his gun. I've got enough for another, but I'm not sure who. Kapkan or Blitz maybe. IQ? I don't want to go Thermite or Castle or anyone with really important roles, because I die a lot. Also I want an attacker and defender from each CTU for challenge purposes.

Oh yeah...Apparently casual matchmaking is fucked. It has separate matchmaking to ranked, so if you play ranked all the time and are one of the top players, then go into casual you will be matched with new players. So that's a fun introduction to the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 
Bad Girl

I didn’t realise that. Better level up so you can come and play some ranked with me.

Don’t worry about which operator you choose. Unless you’re playing in a team that’s actively working together you’ll want to use your operators abilities to cover your own ass or help your assault. Or maybe I’m just selfish!

For defence, I like Kapkan. His entry denial devices can reallly help a team out in a clutch or you can use them to cover your sight lines. There’s nothing better to inform you that someone is making their way to your position than an operator summersaulting through a doorway.

For assault, I like IQ or Thermite. Thermite for his breaching charges that bust through reinforced walls but also his AR is pretty awesome when equipped with an ACOG. I like IQ for her Commando rifle which is also great with an ACOG and slightly better than Thermite’s rifle since it doesn’t hop around so much on full auto.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 
Bad Girl

And I love Mute! It’s a whole mini game at the beginning of each match trying to place his jammers down before the sodding drones arrive. Both SAS have decent shotties too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 
Bad Girl

This is my favourite match I’ve had in a while. We lost two players early on but stuck it out for a 3v5 match that almost went to the wire. It was tense stuff. The video goes on for a bit mind cause it was a 30 minute match. You can’t say that about your latest Call of Duty, aye.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 17:49 
Rude Belittler

I'm level 20! I got through half my placement matches. I don't think I'll be high up the rankings somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 17:55 
Rude Belittler

I've also picked up Thatcher, Doc, Kapkan, IQ, Thermite. I like Thermite. I like Doc. I've not played Thatcher yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 15:34 
Bad Girl

I straight up murderized that team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 21:23 
Bad Girl

This is free to play this weekend on PS4, XBOX and Steam. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s the best multiplayer since MW2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 
Bad Girl

Three new operators incoming!

Available to purchase with real money or just get enough points to unlock them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 
INFINITE POWAH

Zomg pay to win. This filth gets everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:48 
Bad Girl

I know you’re taking the mick but this is a game that released in 2015 and whose continued development is funded by MTX. It’s a MTX success really.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 
Bad Girl

If anyone needs an excuse to pop this on again there’s a new event on for a limited time (about 20 days left I think).

3 new maps LEFT 4 DEAD stylee against mutants and bigger mutants!!!

It’s really fucking cool so play it yar?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 13:03 

Outbreak is great fun, been playing a ton with a few friends - seems strange to have put so much work into something that's only going to be in it for a month. Hopefully we'll see it again.
They've also unlocked all the original operators for anyone who has the full version of the game (Not the Starter Edition), as well as all the attachments for their weapons as part of their 3-year celebration.

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]