Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hollywood Assaults
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Lonewolves wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Yes, I understand your post and I apologised before for being insensitive, as the man that was groped by kevin spacey could have been triggered by something that happened to him before or something

This bothers me. You're suggesting that being groped isn't enough and it has to be linked to a past trauma in order to be relevant.

It bothers me that people seem to be telling RuySan how victimised he should feel about his own experiences.

This is not the issue. It is his dismissal of ANYONE ELSE who has been victimised that is the problem. Surely you can see that?

"ANYONE ELSE????"

Seriously?

Anyone who has suffered trauma from unwanted sexual contact could very easily read your posts and decide you are very unsympathetic. Perhaps you should re-read them and see if you can see why that might be.

Turns out, anyone who has suffered trauma from being forced out of his job by his boss after twelve years could do exactly the same with yours.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:13 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
Turns out, anyone who has suffered trauma from being forced out of his job by his boss after twelve years could do exactly the same with yours.

I wasn't even commenting on his position with his job. I can sympathise with that - it's not a nice position to be in. But I didn't feel it was exactly relevant to the discussion.

[edit] Grim... here! I pressed the wrong button. The following was meant to be a quote of this post:
It wasn't possible to tell what you were commenting on. You meant the "grow a spine" bit, but I thought you meant the "I thought this experience was worse" bit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:16 
UltraMod

RuySan wrote:
I still think writing about it online shouldn't be the way to do it. You are still fixated on the idea that accusers never lie.

You are right - we would probably get on fine in real life.

I am not fixated on the idea that accusers never lie - it has already been discussed in this thread. It can and does happen, but nowhere near to the extent that unreported rape and sexual assault goes on, and that issue is more important to me than the odd man being falsely accused.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:18 
Excellent Member

ALSO the timing bothers me. People writing online about stuff that happened more than 30 years ago bothers me. People can change for the best, or maybe i'm being overly optimistic.

I once groped a girls breast in high school. What a piece of shit I was. Never forgot about this. If this still bothers me, imagine how the girl must feel. Now imagine this girl wrote on facebook of what i did more than 20 years ago. And i would be shunned by my colleagues. If I was a public figure i would certainly lose my job. Would that be fair?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:21 
Isn't that lovely?

RuySan wrote:
ALSO the timing bothers me. People writing online about stuff that happened more than 30 years ago bothers me. People can change for the best, or maybe i'm being overly optimistic.

I once groped a girls breast in high school. What a piece of shit I was. Never forgot about this. If this still bothers me, imagine how the girl must feel. Now imagine this girl wrote on facebook of what i did more than 20 years ago. And i would be shunned by my colleagues. If I was a public figure i would certainly lose my job. Would that be fair?

Did you get in to trouble at the time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:24 
UltraMod

RuySan wrote:

I did similar things, probably a lot of us did. And yeah, it would be shit, but think about what effect it might have had on her over the last 20 years. Relationship/intimacy issues, anxiety/depression, etc. I'm not saying she does have any of those issues, but the potential is there.

It's natural to think about how it would affect us, but more important in my eyes is how it affects the victim/survivor of abuse.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:26 

Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Yes, I understand your post and I apologised before for being insensitive, as the man that was groped by kevin spacey could have been triggered by something that happened to him before or something

This bothers me. You're suggesting that being groped isn't enough and it has to be linked to a past trauma in order to be relevant.

It bothers me that people seem to be telling RuySan how victimised he should feel about his own experiences.

I have also repeatedly acknowledged that Ruysan has moved on from his own experiences and just pointed out that others may not be able to do so. I’ve not said that he should feel more victimised, but that I don’t think it’s right he should tell others NOT to feel victimised.

The situation with the job is horrible, but I’m not quite sure how or why it compares to the sexual assaults being questioned. I’ve no doubt it was a horrid, horrid experience to have gone through, but I don’t think it’s an easier or worse experience than being sexually assaulted. That’s probably wholly personal in reception. But that others should just grow a spine because of their experienced sexual assault because someone had (to their beliefs) a worse experience of another nature isn’t really a sensible premise to me, if I’ve understood it.

Also, Ruysan, I certainly wasn’t trying to psycho-analyse you. I did say I was trying to understand better from your perspective because I think you clearly believe in a different thing and I thought it would help everyone if we could better understand what you thought to see things from your point of view. My apologies if that is not the case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:32 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:
RuySan wrote:

I did similar things, probably a lot of us did. And yeah, it would be shit, but think about what effect it might have had on her over the last 20 years. Relationship/intimacy issues, anxiety/depression, etc. I'm not saying she does have any of those issues, but the potential is there.

It's natural to think about how it would affect us, but more important in my eyes is how it affects the victim/survivor of abuse.

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I saw this women in a cafe, when I went to visit my parents (i'm from a small town). It was obvious she went through a breast reduction surgery, so those experiences obviously scarred her (not because of just me, but other boys also did grope her). For a small instance I thought i would go there and talk and apologise to her, but luckily i didn't. It would only serve clean myself from guilt but it would have the opposite effect on her, of reminding her of those experiences.

And no, i did not get into trouble at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:33 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
RuySan wrote:

Has anyone actually done anything even like that? I'm certainly not seeing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:39 
UltraMod

RuySan wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
RuySan wrote:

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I saw this women in a cafe, when I went to visit my parents (i'm from a small town). It was obvious she went through a breast reduction surgery, so those experiences obviously scarred her (not because of just me, but other boys also did grope her). For a small instance I thought i would go there and talk and apologise to her, but luckily i didn't. It would only serve clean myself from guilt but it would have the opposite effect on her, of reminding her of those experiences.

And no, i did not get into trouble at the time.

Yeah you're right there. You did the right thing not approaching her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Lonewolves wrote:
Anyone who has suffered trauma from unwanted sexual contact could very easily read your posts and decide you are very unsympathetic. Perhaps you should re-read them and see if you can see why that might be.

Absolutely, but there's a wild difference between 'you seem unsympathetic' and 'you seem like a sociopath'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:01 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Especially if you don't highlight what it is you're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:02 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Absolutely, but there's a wild difference between 'you seem unsympathetic' and 'you seem like a sociopath'.

I chose my words very carefully. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Fuck beans, I edited Myp's post rather than quoting it.

Sorry, Myp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:17 

I feel quite "lucky" in that the only time I've ever had anyone grope me without my consent is when I went to the strip club near Leicester Square with Jem and one of the women working there grabbed my crotch.

It was incredibly uncomfortable, so much so that I basically just wanted to leave (and did so), and it made me completely re-evaluate the way I'd been "brought up" to think that when that happens one should just "man up" and deal with it.

It (amongst other things) also made me think about how I behave around women, mainly (going back to an earlier post) about how sometimes I will almost involuntarily look at a pretty girl as I'm driving into work in the morning. I kick myself every time I do it, and one day I hope I'll be able to ditch that "urge" - not least because 9 times out of 10 the girl will look at me too (sometimes even turning around to look at me, as if she can feel my eyes "on her") and you can see from the look on her face that she's sick of having to deal with it.

I'm horrifically awkward around women (and people I don't know, in general) in all other situations, but that in itself might come across as threatening and creepy, who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:22 
Unpossible!

Strip Club would be a weird case. Especially legally. You could argue that consent for touching from employee to client is implicit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:27 

Oh yeah, wasn't suggesting that there was anything "untoward" as such - hence me saying that I'm very lucky in that that's the only time that's ever happened to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:30 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I don't think it is odd to look at anyone pretty or attractive. I sort of go yup, she is lovely then move on. If you stare like a cartoon wolf, then yes that is wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:41 
INFINITE POWAH

I was talking to Ruth about this the other day. I’m inherently uncomfortable with some people’s approach of putting everything on the same spectrum, from unwanted flirtation to rape, as if there is any remote moral equivalence there, or as if one is a gateway drug to the other. I can't provide links off the top of my head but the tenor of some of the commentary has been along those lines.

And the vague moral panic that’s going on at the moment is in some respects a little bit odd. Whilst Fallon is an objectionable twat, if all he’s really done is put his hand on Julia Hartley-Brewer’s knee umpteen years ago, and she doesn’t care about it, I’m not sure why this is a “fall on your sword” issue or why there is any line being drawn between that and Harvey Weinstein. I was also disappointed that the BBC, in the context of all of this, had that barrister on who made that bloke’s life a misery after he messaged her on LinkedIn saying he thought she had a stunning photo.

Yes, there’s undoubtedly an issue with men and sexual assault, and with men in positions of power using that power in an inappropriate way (#notallmen) but conflating all of this into one big ball of anger about everything that is verging on a score settling witch hunt in areas (god knows both main UK political parties seem to be doing this) seems counterproductive.

However, whilst I think at the bottom end of that spectrum, the unwanted flirtation in a bar, the looking at a pretty lady or whatever, you’re arguably, as an individual, not doing anything “wrong” per se, it’s worth bearing in mind you may be the third or fourth person to try to chat that woman up in the bar that evening when all she wants to do is the Times crossword, or she may have been stared at ALL DAY by rando weird men. It’s perfectly reasonable for her to then be fairly pissed off and let you know that. But then, as with much in life, a little bit of empathy for other people goes a long way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:53 
Master of dodgy spelling....

MrChris wrote:
I was talking to Ruth about this the other day. I’m inherently uncomfortable with some people’s approach of putting everything on the same spectrum, from unwanted flirtation to rape, as if there is any remote moral equivalence there, or as if one is a gateway drug to the other. I can't provide links off the top of my head but the tenor of some of the commentary has been along those lines.

And the vague moral panic that’s going on at the moment is in some respects a little bit odd. Whilst Fallon is an objectionable twat, if all he’s really done is put his hand on Julia Hartley-Brewer’s knee umpteen years ago, and she doesn’t care about it, I’m not sure why this is a “fall on your sword” issue or why there is any line being drawn between that and Harvey Weinstein. I was also disappointed that the BBC, in the context of all of this, had that barrister on who made that bloke’s life a misery after he messaged her on LinkedIn saying he thought she had a stunning photo.

Yes, there’s undoubtedly an issue with men and sexual assault, and with men in positions of power using that power in an inappropriate way (#notallmen) but conflating all of this into one big ball of anger about everything that is verging on a score settling witch hunt in areas (god knows both main UK political parties seem to be doing this) seems counterproductive.

However, whilst I think at the bottom end of that spectrum, the unwanted flirtation in a bar, the looking at a pretty lady or whatever, you’re arguably, as an individual, not doing anything “wrong” per se, it’s worth bearing in mind you may be the third or fourth person to try to chat that woman up in the bar that evening when all she wants to do is the Times crossword, or she may have been stared at ALL DAY by rando weird men. It’s perfectly reasonable for her to then be fairly pissed off and let you know that. But then, as with much in life, a little bit of empathy for other people goes a long way.

that is well put.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:54 

I haven’t seen anyone coming close to equating a glance with groping, or touching someone’s knee with rape, personally, but I genuinely think it’s just that, finally, a whole swaythe of society finally has a voice and platform to say ‘yes, I’ve had horrible experiences too... this is what happened to me... everyone needs to know that this isn’t ok, and it needs to STOP.’ That it was never ok, never ‘accepted behaviour’ by the people subjected to it, but that until now they’ve felt powerless to do anything about it.

So, when someone stands up and says their sexual assault has affected them, then another person says that a person inappropriately touching them or making lewd comments/sending undiluted sexual messages has affected their lives, I think we need to be careful to not make them feel like they have a lesser right to speak up and say that it is wrong and needs to stop, otherwise we’re in danger of being complicit in sort of saying ‘shhh... it’s not that bad, others have it worse...’ and the problem goes on being buried and there will be those that in turn think it’s acceptable to carry on acting that way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
sending undiluted sexual messages

Double concentrated - read half as much :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:57 

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
sending undiluted sexual messages

Double concentrated - read half as much :D

:P

I’ve been trying really hard to read through my typing of late. My cold has turned the corner into ‘flu this afternoon and my head is all fuzzy :D

I think this is a good moment for me to move to cherrier threads.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:58 
Sleepyhead

MrChris wrote:

To only address one point, the Fallon thing is very much not about one hand on JHB’s knee. More has already come out, and more will follow.

What irks me is how there are lots of nods and “Yeah, he was always a bit dodgy”. Had it with Saville, now every fucker is saying it about Spacey and Family Guy jokes about him in this way years ago.

The annoyance is not at any victims or even those who were arguably complicit but didn’t feel able to speak out, just in general.

I remember once a boss of mine was very ‘handsy’ with a colleague in our team. He was drunk and it was late and all that usual shit. Made it very uncomfortable for the colleague in question, and for the rest of us. We tried to engineer it so it stopped, but even in that situation none of us felt comfortable in saying anything (all people in this story are male, which might be a factor, I dunno). Nobody wanted a scene, but even raising it with the person in question seemed impossible as they controlled our destiny.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:00 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I think a lot of people are equating a flirty glance with groping, but pretty much on the reactionary media side - the whole "politically correct nonsense, I can't even smile at someone without being labelled an abuser" crap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:07 
INFINITE POWAH

Mimi wrote:
I haven’t seen anyone coming close to equating a glance with groping, or touching someone’s knee with rape, personally, but I genuinely think it’s just that, finally, a whole swaythe of society finally has a voice and platform to say ‘yes, I’ve had horrible experiences too... this is what happened to me... everyone needs to know that this isn’t ok, and it needs to STOP.’ That it was never ok, never ‘accepted behaviour’ by the people subjected to it, but that until now they’ve felt powerless to do anything about it.

So, when someone stands up and says their sexual assault has affected them, then another person says that a person inappropriately touching them or making lewd comments/sending undiluted sexual messages has affected their lives, I think we need to be careful to not make them feel like they have a lesser right to speak up and say that it is wrong and needs to stop, otherwise we’re in danger of being complicit in sort of saying ‘shhh... it’s not that bad, others have it worse...’ and the problem goes on being buried and there will be those that in turn think it’s acceptable to carry on acting that way.

I don't think I disagree with any of that as such - everyone is and should be of course free to talk about their experiences and how those experiences have affected them. I'm not suggesting for a minute that people shouldn't do so or that because someone has "had it worse" you shouldn't say anything.

What's perhaps slightly concerning is that there is some elision going on between the two things - and we have people being forced to resign because of minor things that happened a long time ago, seemingly as some sort of score settling, on the basis of "Well, look, it's all part of this culture that's exemplified by Weinstein".

And the "better 100 innocent men get falsely accused" attitude that's crept in here is somewhat terrifying.

I dunno - I don't have nay answers to anything. I don't like a lot of male behavior, but I don't like a lot of human behaviors either. I don't really have any solutions, but I do know that any solutions aren't going to be broad brush and that you have to take people with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:09 
INFINITE POWAH

Curiosity wrote:
To only address one point, the Fallon thing is very much not about one hand on JHB’s knee. More has already come out, and more will follow.

Has it? What? The only other thing I'd heard was that he'd made "lewd comments to Andrea Leadsome" (which I assume was along the lines of "you're a batshit crazy c*nt") which is really into difficult territory in terms of who to root for. She might be a woman, but first and foremost she's a fucking evil tory.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:10 
INFINITE POWAH

Cras wrote:
I think a lot of people are equating a flirty glance with groping, but pretty much on the reactionary media side - the whole "politically correct nonsense, I can't even smile at someone without being labelled an abuser" crap.

They are as well, yes, but it's certainly going on on the other "side" as well. For example, that LinkedIn barrister - read her articles in the Guardian even before this.

The difficulty comes in when it's people doing the talking for the victims.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:12 

MrChris wrote:
She might be a woman, but first and foremost she's a fucking evil tory.

Did you hear that she's also a mother?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:13 
Isn't that lovely?

MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Has it? What? The only other thing I'd heard was that he'd made "lewd comments to Andrea Leadsome" (which I assume was along the lines of "you're a batshit crazy c*nt") which is really into difficult territory in terms of who to root for. She might be a woman, but first and foremost she's a fucking evil tory.

Apparently she said she had cold hands and he said that he had somewhere warm she could put them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:25 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
Nobody wanted a scene, but even raising it with the person in question seemed impossible as they controlled our destiny.

Tch. If RuySan was there he'd have fixed it all and called you a coward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:39 
Hello Hello Hello

I agree with MrChris.

He's expressed my opinion over all this with his last few posts better than I'd have managed myself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 15:45 
Comfortably Dumb

MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I read something about some other stuff potentially coming out, but he himself said this -

Quote:
Sir Michael Fallon has refused to say whether more allegations of sexual misconduct are likely to emerge in the future.

Asked by the BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg whether he feared that would be the case he appeared to avoid the question.

Instead he replied: “Well the culture has changed over the years. What might have been acceptable 15 or ten years ago is clearly not acceptable now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:40 
UltraMod

Time for me to duck out of this thread. I am getting an ocular strain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:44 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Quote:
Sir Michael Fallon has refused to say whether more allegations of sexual misconduct are likely to emerge in the future.

Asked by the BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg whether he feared that would be the case he appeared to avoid the question.

Instead he replied: “Well the culture has changed over the years. What might have been acceptable 15 or ten years ago is clearly not acceptable now.

I'd be interested to hear an example of what he thought was acceptable in 2007 that no longer is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vuvuzelas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:51 
Hello Hello Hello

Squirt wrote:
I'd be interested to hear an example of what he thought was acceptable in 2007 that no longer is.

Rolf Harris.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:52 

Squirt wrote:
Quote:

Charging £2 a month :attitude:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:53 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

According to a baffling magazine article i just found online, Denim Miniskirts with Cropped Leggings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 16:56 

Squirt wrote:
According to a baffling magazine article i just found online, Denim Miniskirts with Cropped Leggings.

That’s surely more 90s.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:04 
Gogmagog

Kern wrote:
MrChris wrote:
She might be a woman, but first and foremost she's a fucking evil tory.

Did you hear that she's also a mother?

Heh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:27 
Rude Belittler

Well, one name has already come out in the Feldman... Thingy. Jon Grissom.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

2017. The year you realise all your heroes have feet of cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:34 
INFINITE POWAH

I thought you meant John Grisham for a moment. Phew.

Genuinely have no idea who John Grissom is, even after googling him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:42 
Rude Belittler

If you were being cynical, it's like a freebie to drive revenue. "See, here's someone who isn't a complete nobody,they've got an IMDB page and everything! Now pony up the cash to see if there's anyone really famous!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:58 
INFINITE POWAH

Curiosity wrote:
MrChris wrote:

What irks me is how there are lots of nods and “Yeah, he was always a bit dodgy”. Had it with Saville, now every fucker is saying it about Spacey and Family Guy jokes about him in this way years ago.

The annoyance is not at any victims or even those who were arguably complicit but didn’t feel able to speak out, just in general.

I remember once a boss of mine was very ‘handsy’ with a colleague in our team. He was drunk and it was late and all that usual shit. Made it very uncomfortable for the colleague in question, and for the rest of us. We tried to engineer it so it stopped, but even in that situation none of us felt comfortable in saying anything (all people in this story are male, which might be a factor, I dunno). Nobody wanted a scene, but even raising it with the person in question seemed impossible as they controlled our destiny.

I was thinking about this on the way home.

There’s often a broader issue with people being scared to speak up - if this individual had been breaking laws or taking bribes would anybody’have said anything?

We need a culture, whether at work or generally, where people are comfortable to speak out - either to the person concerned or to someone else in power. But it’s like that thing where a load of people stand around watching a crime and they all assume someone else is calling the police. Only it’s worse because they all feel like they might get in trouble for doing it.

So for this sort of thing I think men need to more actively speak up when they think other men are doing something either flat out morally wrong or even that is just making a woman uncomfortable (“she’s been chatted up four times already and isn’t interested”).

I know I’ve taken to being more actively outspoken about behaviour I think is off - I think HR are getting sick of hearing from me... because whilst the big stuff is already illegal and if people don’t know it’s wrong there’s no fucking helping them, there’s plenty of other stuff that acts as background noise that makes women’s lives that little bit harder. Why should Ruth have to worry about jogging past a group of lads on a park bench....

I said earlier I don’t have any solutions. I don’t, but, whilst it’s a bit “wouldn’t it be nice if everyone were nice”, I do take the view that your starting point should be “be kind, respectful and considerate” and generally you can’t go far wrong.

To use that example from earlier, whilst approaching a woman in a bar isn’t wrong as such, it’s worth taking a moment to think how it might be received.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 19:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I totally agree with you, but your example is a powerful tricky one. What if she's in the bar to meet new people?

You'd need to be a psychic to accurately figure that one out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 19:22 
sneering elitist

I can't speak for all women everywhere, obviously, but I personally don't object to being approached in a bar. What I do object to is having to repeatedly tell someone no, or provide a million reasons why I don't want to drink with them, or repeatedly push their hands off my body because I am not their fucking property.

But that could just be me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 19:22 
INFINITE POWAH

Oh totally - so whilst I totally get why women may be pissed off by it, I think that’s an example where the guy really shouldn’t be castigated. This example was the one that had me and Ruth really scratching our heads.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 19:28 
INFINITE POWAH

Jem wrote:
I can't speak for all women everywhere, obviously, but I personally don't object to being approached in a bar. What I do object to is having to repeatedly tell someone no, or provide a million reasons why I don't want to drink with them, or repeatedly push their hands off my body because I am not their fucking property.

But that could just be me.

I don’t think any reasonable person would say anything different!

Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next