Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 17:46 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
Finished 'Back'. I enjoyed it more as a drama rather than as a laugh-a-minute comedy although there were some very funny moments in there. Andrew (Robert Webb) was brilliantly manipulative throughout. I felt the twist at the end fell a bit flat, however.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 18:15 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51115
Location: Nottingham
It raised a smile every now and again but just wasn't funny enough. If it didn't have Mitchell and Webb in it we wouldn't even be talking about it, as the supporting cast were dreadful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 20:50 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14428
Location: Parts unknown
I enjoyed it immensely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 22:41 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51115
Location: Nottingham
TheVision wrote:
I enjoyed it immensely.

Quelle surprise, PraiseBot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 14:25 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
I have no idea if Netflix shows go in here or the US thread. Meh.

Anyway, Mindhunter: very good. If I told you it was a character drama exec-produced by David Fincher about the dawn of criminal profiling in the FBI in the 70s, you'd probably immediately be able to imagine what it's like. Refrshingly free of cliché so far (three episodes in), and with some great performances from the two male leads and a particularly mesmeric work from the actor playing the first serial killer interviewee we've seen so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 14:29 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11701
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I have no idea if Netflix shows go in here or the US thread. Meh.

Anyway, Mindhunter: very good. If I told you it was a character drama exec-produced by David Fincher about the dawn of criminal profiling in the FBI in the 70s, you'd probably immediately be able to imagine what it's like. Refrshingly free of cliché so far (three episodes in), and with some great performances from the two male leads and a particularly mesmeric work from the actor playing the first serial killer interviewee we've seen so far.

Start a Netflix originals thread!

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 20:54 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
Watched the first episode of 'Gunpowder'. Suitably mucky for the period and a rather gruesome demonstration of Stuart entertainment at the start. Some of the dialogue was a little clunky, however, and I really didn't think Mark Gatiss was particularly well cast as Sir Robert Cecil. I'll probably catch the next two parts nonetheless.

I then watched ten minutes of ITV2's 'Bromans' that I'd idly taped out of perverse curiosity before I found myself yearning to be thrown to the lions myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:03 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43969
Location: West Yorkshire
Kern wrote:
Watched the first episode of 'Gunpowder'. Suitably mucky for the period and a rather gruesome demonstration of Stuart entertainment at the start. Some of the dialogue was a little clunky, however, and I really didn't think Mark Gatiss was particularly well cast as Sir Robert Cecil. I'll probably catch the next two parts nonetheless.



Yes. Crikey. Was not quite expecting that right off the gun but yeah. Episode itself was OK. And i am now sure I did see him in the pub.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9736
I wasn't aware of this until it had been on for weeks already so I'll mention it here in case anyone else is in a similar position: a new season of W1A is currently showing and will no doubt* be as hilarious as the preceding seasons and the olympic thing it started as.

*I say that because I'm stockpiling it and haven't actually started watching it myself as yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
That's one of those shows that sounds really up my street based on what I've heard but which I've yet to actually watch. Must make amends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9736
Kern wrote:
That's one of those shows that sounds really up my street based on what I've heard but which I've yet to actually watch. Must make amends.


It's probably worth watching them in order (starting with 'Twenty Twelve' which is really the first series) if you can. Not because there are massively important plots to follow or anything but new characters do come in at times and I think it would be better appreciated if you see them from their point of introduction rather than as they stand now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10322
Location: Sunny Stoke
Findus Fop wrote:
devilman wrote:
Been watching 'The Fall' on Amazon these past few evenings. Enjoyed the first two seasons, once I got used to the slowish pace of it all and the terrible subtitling in season two. Got to the end of season two only to find that season three isn't included in Prime and has to be paid for separately. Gits.


You're missing nothing, third series was a waste of time.


Amazon added series three the other day, so I thought I'd give a go. You're not wrong so far.. bloody hell.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 22:29 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11567
Gotta say, s12 of Red Dwaft has actually been...pretty good. I’m surprised. I can’t stand the canned laughter but otherwise it’s been actually watchable and occasionally quite funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 0:47 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 64645
Location: Your Mum
XII is filmed with an audience.

I think Red Dwarf always has been.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 0:49 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46880
Didn't they switch to an audience for nuDwarf, and it was measurably worse for it?

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 0:51 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46880
Oh, apparently not. Live audience for every episode.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 0:52 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11567
Even if it is I’m not convinced that the laughter track that plays over the top of it is from the same audience’s reactions. The actors don’t react to the laughter at all and lines are read out while “laughter” is still going on from a previous joke. Happy to be proven wrong if you know something I don’t.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:01 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46880
Satsuma wrote:
Even if it is I’m not convinced that the laughter track that plays over the top of it is from the same audience’s reactions. The actors don’t react to the laughter at all and lines are read out while “laughter” is still going on from a previous joke. Happy to be proven wrong if you know something I don’t.


According to Llewellyn there's always a live studio audience, but for some shots/scenes where they can't, they dub over a laugh track from separate audience reactions.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:59 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3059
Location: , Location, Location.
Bamba wrote:
Kern wrote:
That's one of those shows that sounds really up my street based on what I've heard but which I've yet to actually watch. Must make amends.


It's probably worth watching them in order (starting with 'Twenty Twelve' which is really the first series) if you can. Not because there are massively important plots to follow or anything but new characters do come in at times and I think it would be better appreciated if you see them from their point of introduction rather than as they stand now.


I began to think they were running out of plot, but I still enjoyed the last series. Anna Rampton’s meltdown was great, and it was nice to see that Will haplessly provided a solution to a problem that the other high flyers were struggling to cope with. Still very much worth watching.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:15 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 33938
No studio audience for S7. The laugh track was recorded "live" after. The extended versions of S7 have no laugh track and it's proper eerie. I think those versions are on the DVDs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
According to something I heard in an interview ages ago, comedies shot in front of live audiences often air with a laugh track rather than the audience's reaction, at least in part. Recording the audience can mess up timing of jokes, or have one person laughing distractingly loud, or otherwise get in the way of the show. The live audience is there to help the actor's performance, not be part of the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:38 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
It's also quite hard to get the same laugh for a joke when you've heard it three times due to retakes.

Ken Levine, who used to write for 'Frasier', 'MASH', and 'Cheers', wrote a blog post about this recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19592
I similarly either read a piece or watched a program once that said that there is a tendency for some members of an audience to give the last or loudest laugh, laugh beyond the natural laugh period or in a notable manner to be able to give an identifiable laugh for when they watch it back, so the audience laughter is smoothed post-production.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14428
Location: Parts unknown
I went to a taping of Harry Hills TV burp once and they definitely put a laugh track on afterwards. The show we saw was quite different to the one that actually went out on TV so I guess the moral of the story is to not believe anything you see or hear on telly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11701
TheVision wrote:
I went to a taping of Harry Hills TV burp once and they definitely put a laugh track on afterwards. The show we saw was quite different to the one that actually went out on TV so I guess the moral of the story is to not believe anything you see or hear on telly.

The penny and the pie were NOT YOURS!!!

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:16 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
I only find laugh tracks annoying when I don't find something particularly funny, or if the audience make that annoying whooping noise every scene. I often forget that 'Frasier' has an audience, for example. But I'm glad for most of the stuff I watch these days they aren't there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:50 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
Mr Russell wrote:
TheVision wrote:
I went to a taping of Harry Hills TV burp once and they definitely put a laugh track on afterwards. The show we saw was quite different to the one that actually went out on TV so I guess the moral of the story is to not believe anything you see or hear on telly.

The penny and the pie were NOT YOURS!!!


Is this the next big game show scandal?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
Kern wrote:
Ken Levine, who used to write for 'Frasier', 'MASH', and 'Cheers', wrote a blog post about this recently.


Quote:
Here’s an interesting thing – audiences respond way better to things they see live actors do rather than watching finished pre-records. In other words, let’s say I’m directing an episode with a car scene. I will pre-shoot it.

The editor will put it together that night and the following night when we shoot the show in front of 250 people we’ll have the ability to play it back for them and record their laughter.

However, when I direct, instead of showing that finished scene I bring out the actors involved, place them in two chairs, explain to the audience that they’re in a car driving, and have the actors do the scene live. I record the audio and even though the audience has to now imagine the scene, they laugh much louder having real actors performing the scene.

It all goes back to why some shows are filmed in front of an audience in the first place – there’s a real energy the cast derives from a live audience. They feed off their laughter. Their performances go up and if the writing is good the whole show rises. It’s intangible but the home viewer can sense it.

Getting back to that car scene, I wonder what would happen if we just aired the scene of the two actors on chairs instead of the real one with them in an actual car. I don't think the home audience would be thinking about the laugh track at that moment.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:00 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 64645
Location: Your Mum
Fun fact - if they use prerecorded (or 'canned') laughter, often those recording are very old, and the people laughing in them are almost certainly dead.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11701
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Kern wrote:
Ken Levine, who used to write for 'Frasier', 'MASH', and 'Cheers', wrote a blog post about this recently.


Quote:
Here’s an interesting thing – audiences respond way better to things they see live actors do rather than watching finished pre-records. In other words, let’s say I’m directing an episode with a car scene. I will pre-shoot it.

The editor will put it together that night and the following night when we shoot the show in front of 250 people we’ll have the ability to play it back for them and record their laughter.

However, when I direct, instead of showing that finished scene I bring out the actors involved, place them in two chairs, explain to the audience that they’re in a car driving, and have the actors do the scene live. I record the audio and even though the audience has to now imagine the scene, they laugh much louder having real actors performing the scene.

It all goes back to why some shows are filmed in front of an audience in the first place – there’s a real energy the cast derives from a live audience. They feed off their laughter. Their performances go up and if the writing is good the whole show rises. It’s intangible but the home viewer can sense it.

Getting back to that car scene, I wonder what would happen if we just aired the scene of the two actors on chairs instead of the real one with them in an actual car. I don't think the home audience would be thinking about the laugh track at that moment.


Image


I remember watching him tip over completely on the Smeg Ups VHS :D

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3059
Location: , Location, Location.
Grim... wrote:
Fun fact - if they use prerecorded (or 'canned') laughter, often those recording are very old, and the people laughing in them are almost certainly dead.


If Dead Can Dance, presumably Dead Can Laugh.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:37 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3059
Location: , Location, Location.
Howard’s End on the Beeb. Brill. Just hope they get to the end before one of the cast is accused of sexual shenanigans and has to be edited out and replaced by Christopher Plummer.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14428
Location: Parts unknown
I watched a programme last night and it was called Motherload. It's got Philonmena Cunk (Diane Morgan) in it and I thought it was very funny.

It's about parents dealing with the school run, PTA and stuff like that. Most amusing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2111
TheVision wrote:
I watched a programme last night and it was called Motherload. It's got Philonmena Cunk (Diane Morgan) in it and I thought it was very funny.

It's about parents dealing with the school run, PTA and stuff like that. Most amusing.


Motherland! Though Motherload is almost as good a name.

Loved the pilot, not caught the series yet, thanks for the heads up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13393
Location: Oxford
'Peaky Blinders' starts again tonight! Yay!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 22:08 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18735
Location: shropshire, uk
Kern wrote:
'Peaky Blinders' starts again tonight! Yay!



I think I have missed season 3 completely.... arse..

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:54 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6508
Location: Behind you
KovacsC wrote:
Kern wrote:
'Peaky Blinders' starts again tonight! Yay!



I think I have missed season 3 completely.... arse..

It’s on the iPlayer I think

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14428
Location: Parts unknown
Did anyone else watch the final of Robot Wars last night? I came into the series about half way through but I wish I'd watched the lot. It was great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:03 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14740
Ha, yeah. That was some epic roboteering right there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2111
Incidentally, did anyone watch Can We Live With Robots on saturday night?

Super interesting look at the development of robots and the connections human beings are trying to forge with them. Unsurprisingly spent the majority of the programme in Japan. The whole show was weirdly built around this rather-shoehorned premise of the choreographer-cum-presenter trying to explore human-robot relationships through dance. Could have done without the inevitable 10-minute showstopper dance at the end, but I am a known philistine when it comes to dramatic prancin'.

Also featured this dude and his robot.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 15:11 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
I am finally watching Line Of Duty, the BBC drama about the police's Anti-Corruption force. It's very good. It's on Netflix if you missed it at the time, like me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 15:12 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46880
It's bloody excellent

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 14:21 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I am finally watching Line Of Duty, the BBC drama about the police's Anti-Corruption force. It's very good. It's on Netflix if you missed it at the time, like me.

So I'm halfway through S2 and omg omg omg. Keeley Hawes is just amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3059
Location: , Location, Location.
Final episode of Bancroft was annoying, but perhaps paves the way for another series, although there has been no mention of that as far as I know.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18735
Location: shropshire, uk
DBSnappa wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Kern wrote:
'Peaky Blinders' starts again tonight! Yay!



I think I have missed season 3 completely.... arse..

It’s on the iPlayer I think


Caught it on Netflix.. will try and catch up tonight

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I am finally watching Line Of Duty, the BBC drama about the police's Anti-Corruption force. It's very good. It's on Netflix if you missed it at the time, like me.

So I'm halfway through S2 and omg omg omg. Keeley Hawes is just amazing.

This just goes from strength to strength. A regular household quote now, upon anything going wrong, is to snarl "catching criminals is hard enough, BUT CATCHING BENT COPPERS... GIVE ME STRENGTH!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46880
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I am finally watching Line Of Duty, the BBC drama about the police's Anti-Corruption force. It's very good. It's on Netflix if you missed it at the time, like me.

So I'm halfway through S2 and omg omg omg. Keeley Hawes is just amazing.

This just goes from strength to strength. A regular household quote now, upon anything going wrong, is to snarl "catching criminals is hard enough, BUT CATCHING BENT COPPERS... GIVE ME STRENGTH!"


His accent is absolutely amazing, too. To my mind this is about the best British TV output in years.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:00 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
Hard to disagree with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 13:54 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44095
Location: The erogenous zone
Yeah, great show.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose UK TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 14:00 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31032
Cras wrote:
His accent is absolutely amazing, too.

I lolled hard when a hostile brief told Hastings to
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
"Dial down the Ian Paisley"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, Kern and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.