SupaMod
Est. 1978

YOU CAN DO IT, IAN!

CUT HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!

Post subject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 13:47 
Bad Girl

I'VE FUCKING DONE DID IT!

I am the champion of Xenoblade Chronicles! I am the greatest role playing game guy in the history of role playing game guys.

That last (5) boss(es) was(were) ridiculously hard and the only - THE ONLY - problem with this game. Everything else? Magic. Utter joy giving magical fantasticalness.

I can't remember a single moment in the game when I wasn't enjoying it. APART FROM THAT LAST CUNTY BOSS. Christ, that last fight was ridiculously unfair. If you haven't levelled up you might as well go back and grind. Y'know, I didn't grind that much before that boss. I didn't need to as I was enjoying myself too much. I 'wanted' to smash in a giant goat's face in. That cloudy blob thing? I bet I could smash his face in. A pack of lizard men? Imma smash their faces in. Oh, they've smashed my face in. I'll come back later and smash "theirs" in!

The music is some of the best in a game EVA.

The story is genius. The last bit of the story is crazynutzoid, mind, but when did those Japanese do things by halves. They just couldn't resist themselves, could they.

This is, along with Dark Souls, THE game of this generation and one of my favourite games ever. It's a joy. A delight. A pleasure.

Melia still didn't get to nail Shulk though. Tch. I'd have slammed into her hind quarters.

Er, what, did I think that or type that?

10/10. Gerrit!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 15:38 
Terrible Human Being

Saturnalian wrote:
I'VE FUCKING DONE DID IT!

I am the champion of Xenoblade Chronicles! I am the greatest role playing game guy in the history of role playing game guys.

That last (5) boss(es) was(were) ridiculously hard and the only - THE ONLY - problem with this game. Everything else? Magic. Utter joy giving magical fantasticalness.

I can't remember a single moment in the game when I wasn't enjoying it. APART FROM THAT LAST CUNTY BOSS. Christ, that last fight was ridiculously unfair. If you haven't levelled up you might as well go back and grind. Y'know, I didn't grind that much before that boss. I didn't need to as I was enjoying myself too much. I 'wanted' to smash in a giant goat's face in. That cloudy blob thing? I bet I could smash his face in. A pack of lizard men? Imma smash their faces in. Oh, they've smashed my face in. I'll come back later and smash "theirs" in!

The music is some of the best in a game EVA.

The story is genius. The last bit of the story is crazynutzoid, mind, but when did those Japanese do things by halves. They just couldn't resist themselves, could they.

This is, along with Dark Souls, THE game of this generation and one of my favourite games ever. It's a joy. A delight. A pleasure.

Melia still didn't get to nail Shulk though. Tch. I'd have slammed into her hind quarters.

Er, what, did I think that or type that?

10/10. Gerrit!

Glad you finally managed to finish it and see the amazing ending that neatly finishes a game whose story makes you go "what? what? WHAAAAAT?" at increasing volume as it continues. As I said, final boss killed me a couple of times but wasn't a brick wall. It does have all the hallmarks of Sorceress Adel in FF8 though, where if you're too low level the only thing you can do is go back several savegames (and hours) to level up or restart and grind more the next time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 16:32 
Bad Girl

Yeah, I did MEGA-HOURS grinding which wasn't so much fun but even then I got to experience some of the earlier levels missions that I'd otherwise ignored.

I'd say the end was mental but with the hyper-mega collider thing in Switzerland it was strange rather than bat-shit mental. No, hang on, it was still bat-shit mental.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 14:42 
Bad Girl

GamesTM reviews Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and proclaims it "... A MUST HAVE TITLE" on the New 3DS.

It's basically the Wii game on handheld but without the choice of the japanese language dialogue but thankfully this might only upset Mr Dave who, as far as I know, hasn't got a New 3DS. And he hasn't played this on the Wii either cause, presumably, he doesn't love himself enough.

Do you? Then you'll have played this already then.

Anyway, hilarious comment from the guy at GamesTM "What makes this such a joy to play isn't its plot however [then goes on to talk about the fighting]". What a load of old shit. The plot is the best bit namely cause it's fucking mental (and I've probably described it in earlier posts) and is all about populations living on giant monsters.

Get it. It's amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 21:15 

I'd love to play this on my Wii, but it's £75 second hand, so screw that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 22:14 
Bad Girl

How much!?!? Are you sure?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 23:53 
Terrible Human Being

It's been stupidly expensive forever. Maybe it will eventually come out on the Wii U Virtual Console?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 20:19 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
How much!?!? Are you sure?

Yup.

It's the reason I've not picked it up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 22:29 
Bad Girl

EXCLUSIVE SAT NEWS:

This is available on WiiU download cause you might struggle to get the physical disc for cheaps, so I've heard.

Anyway £17.99. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 22:38 

Saturnalian wrote:
EXCLUSIVE SAT NEWS:

This is available on WiiU download cause you might struggle to get the physical disc for cheaps, so I've heard.

Anyway £17.99. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Hrmph, I already paid a small fortune for it a while ago on disc, but at least it had that nice red pro controller included. And I still didn't play it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 22:49 
Bad Girl

Idiot! Get in there and fight aliens on the back of a giant - to tha def!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 23:55 
Bad Girl

SQUEEEEEE!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/sta ... 9777304576

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2