Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone Open Beta thread (title changed)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:04 
Excellent Member

Trooper wrote:
The thing that is most annoying me tonight? I was 3 star 17, about to go to rank 16, when I came across the hunter and then the warlock rush deck. I have 2 flamestrikes in my deck, I didn't draw a single one in either match...

Ahhhh, dat RNG ........... it'll often leave you cursing. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:09 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
The thing that is most annoying me tonight? I was 3 star 17, about to go to rank 16, when I came across the hunter and then the warlock rush deck. I have 2 flamestrikes in my deck, I didn't draw a single one in either match...

Yeah it's infuriating.

The two characters I hate seeing pop up at the start of a match are Gul'Dan and Rexxar.

Gul'dan appears to be damn near guaranteed to be a murloc rush deck.

Rexxar isn't always a beast rush, but usually is, and there's that thing they're all doing with the scavenging whatever it is and release the hounds for massive card draw which damn near guarantees them sufficient beasts to swarm the board - just tedious to play against and if what you've built into your deck to counter them doesn't get drawn, you're toast.

The other option is to go into Ranked with a deck specifically built to counter the rush decks, but then you're shagged against just about anything else.

All the other classes I generally enjoy playing against, and whilst I like to win (obviously) I also don't really mind losing, because I can appreciate the skill of the other player. In fact I'd even much prefer a priest than either warlock or hunter now, despite the fact priests have all kinds of cheaty buff trickery going on.

These cheap fucking rush decks are just shit though, and they shouldn't be as effective as they are IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:09 
ugvm'er at heart...

Four_Candles wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Ahhhh, dat RNG ........... it'll often leave you cursing. :)

Indeed :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

AtrocityExhibition wrote:

All the other classes I generally enjoy playing against, and whilst I like to win (obviously) I also don't really mind losing, because I can appreciate the skill of the other player. In fact I'd even much prefer a priest than either warlock or hunter now, despite the fact priests have all kinds of cheaty buff trickery going on.

I played a rank 17 priest earlier. He ran out of cards, and I still had 7 left after I had wiped all of his pack out. That was fun :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:42 
Hello Hello Hello

Going to run with two Hellfires and an Abomination now, that's three rush clears in my deck.

Back up to Rank 19 and I'm determined to make a go of it with my own Warlock deck, although I'm tweaking it fairly regularly depending on experiences in each of my matches.

If I can just climb up a bit, maybe Rank 18 or 17 with my own deck, I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 23:00 
Excellent Member

Rexxar isn't always a beast rush, but usually is, and there's that thing they're all doing with the scavenging whatever it is and release the hounds for massive card draw which damn near guarantees them sufficient beasts to swarm the board - just tedious to play against and if what you've built into your deck to counter them doesn't get drawn, you're toast.

In the same way that you always have to expect a flamestrike against a mage, you have to do the same with Unleash the Hounds when playing against the hunter, which means to avoid having more than two creatures on the board.

The hunter isn't that good in arena but i love to play with it. It's always about farming and then play the buzzard and the hounds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 23:13 
Hello Hello Hello

Just had two fantastic games, both of which I lost but they were FUN. First was against a hunter who wasn't doing the usual beast rush shit, and second was against a mage who are just fun to play and fun to play against.

Back down to Rank 20 again but I honestly don't mind, they were good tussles rather than feeling like I was playing against some sort of bot AI that was just reading off a fucking script.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 23:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

I was tickling the balls of Rank 15 earlier until I hit a couple of rather annoying decks. The only problem with my Priest is that even moderately bad draw is doom for it, but it still gives me lots of options. I'm getting quite happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 23:30 
Sleepyhead

Just had a good old game against a warrior. I lost, but it was a good laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:49 
Excellent Member

Well after having a really good run yesterday evening and getting up to rank 14, 4 stars I then had a really bad run late evening and dropped to rank 15, 1 star.

Went to bed thoroughly disgruntled, cursing Hunter rush decks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 
Excellent Member

After i don't know how long i finally played against a priest in constructed play. It was a long but incredibly fun game and i got to rank 11 for the first time. :metul: :metul:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 21:09 
Hello Hello Hello

RuySan wrote:
After i don't know how long i finally played against a priest in constructed play. It was a long but incredibly fun game and i got to rank 11 for the first time. :metul: :metul:

Skills man, I'm currently dreaming of getting to Rank 18 or maybe 17 :D

It's amazing how effective some of the free basic cards, or easily crafted cards actually are. I know you've said this already but the owl, golem and yeti are all really solid cards that fit nicely into a lot of different situations. The basic ogre is a nice later game card too, and can be devastating when buffed up a bit.

Annoyingly I'm having to run with two Hellfires and an Abomination (I'm focusing on my warlock), just to give me the clear potential if I hit a rush deck, but TBH it's one or two cards I'd rather use for something else as against anything other than a rush deck they're a bit crude and not much fun to use.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 23:16 
Hello Hello Hello

How bizarre, just had a game in ranked against a mage and by christ it was a really good game, no complaints there - but even though it said 'DEFEAT' for me I didn't lose a star, because we both died on the same turn by my move.

I thought I had him on more than one occasion earlier on, assumed he had Flamestrike which of course he did but I couldn't quite goad it out of him, but he did burn it off fairly cheaply in the end with a semi-goad. (If he had it fair enough, if not I'll use the cards I have down was my thinking.)

Turns out he had two Flamestrikes which I was semi-expecting so no disaster when it came, figured I could still win.

In then went down to the wire and he seemed to up his game quite a lot plus he seemed to be geared towards late game plays, properly down to the wire, we were both down in single figure health for our heroes, trading on the board with some degree of intricacy, nipping health off each other where we could, no killer blows available.

In the end, in all fairness, he did get the better of me and was set up for a winning move on his next turn, and we both had just 2 health left! I got an Abomination dealt into my hand along with a Shadowflame I'd been holding onto for quite a while but had never really got the chance to play, and that was all I had to work with, I'd done a very chancy life tap at 6 health but of course couldn't do it at 2 as it'd kill me.

There's no way I can win at this point, I can't clear the board, I can't do any direct damage to him, I have basically lost, so I play a 'total annihilation' move, my Abomination goes down and I Shadowflame it (Shadowflame is 'destroy a friendly minion and deal its attack damage to all enemy minions') which kills the Abomination, deals his damage via Shadowflame to his two minions (which is not what I'm interested in) and the death of the Abomination does 2 damage to ALL characters so it kills both of our heroes simultaneously.

I got the 'DEFEAT' screen but I didn't lose a star, does that mean he didn't gain one? Is that effectively a draw?

Either way I remain at Rank 19 after what was a really good game :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 23:26 
Legendary Boogeyman

That answers a question I've been wondering - what happens when you both hit 0 on the same turn. It's a very difficult and rare one to set up!

I guess they haven't coded anything to display a draw, but they recognise a potential draw condition which is neutral in terms of rank loss/gain. Interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 20:37 
Excellent Member

Yay - just got my Big Winner award of 300 Gold for winning 1000 games in any mode.

Nice! :)

Bought three card packs with it - sadly nothing special in there, just a few rares and one epic. Ah well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 21:25 
Hello Hello Hello

Got up to Rank 19 Three Star with my own Warlock deck, one win away from Rank 18.

Lost four on the trot and fucking back down to fucking Rank Fucking 20 Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 21:53 
Hello Hello Hello

And now I'm back down to Rank 20 Zero Stars.

Although I did concede on Turn 1 in one of those games because I played the wrong card first and it made me cross.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 23:28 
Excellent Member

It's all part of the game I'm afraid - you win some, you lose some. When I have losing streaks I get pretty annoyed with myself.

Am only playing for an hour or two a day of late but just managed to get to ladder rank 13 with two stars. That'll do for today, back to watching Trump play for before I turn in for the night. :)

Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread (title changed ... again!)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 17:16 
Excellent Member

Having too many gold coins is making me mess up during Arena runs. Why did i had to choose Rogue when there was the Warrior available?

2-3 and i hope i learned the lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 17:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

Four_Candles wrote:
Yay - just got my Big Winner award of 300 Gold for winning 1000 games in any mode.

Wow and I thought I played a lot. I don't think I'm a third of the way to 1000 yet.

How are you doing towards getting any golden character from ranked play?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 17:58 
Excellent Member

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Four_Candles wrote:

Wow and I thought I played a lot. I don't think I'm a third of the way to 1000 yet.

Well, I have been playing since last November (on and off - sometimes taking a break for a week or two , then when I'm back in the saddle mostly playing 1 or maybe 2 hours per day at the most). I spend a lot of time watching Trump's past broadcasts on his Twitch.tv channel or his YouTube uploads. Spectating is far less stressful. :) I'll also watch Day9 and Totalbiscuit from time to time.

Quote:
How are you doing towards getting any golden character from ranked play?

Only 68 wins (I think!) when I last checked yesterday, so getting there slowly ......... saw yesterday on Reddit that somebody already has a Golden Warlock (no doubt a rush deck!). I'm playing with a modified version of Trump's 'once free' Mage 99% of the time (now with added Ysera and Ragnaros).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 18:39 
Excellent Member

I just got disconnected while playing when there was nothing wrong with my connection. It counted as a loss in the Arena. Fuck you Blizzard!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 20:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think I'm at 55 wins with my trusty priest. You think 500 wins is stupidly too many, but realistically I'll probably get there in a month or so.

Just had one of the funniest games ever against a Mage. I Thought Steal early on (taking two cards from his undrawn deck), and pull a Ragnaros. I play it on T8, and it hits him 8 to the face. Nice.

He polys it, and we play on til he's down to 3 health. I've got no board and I'm struggling to do the damage. Then I pull a Mind Vision (draws one card from his drawn deck), and what do I get? Ragnaros again! I laughed so hard, and then laughed harder when the 8 damage hits him in the face again, ignoring his two minions. Thanks be to the goddess, haha!

The best thing about Mind Visioning anything is that it gives you a gold version, so dropping a golden Rag to win was indeed sweet. Rank 15 now, two star.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 20:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

I also hammered a stupid Murloch Paledin deck earlier. It was one of those rare occasions where I pulled everything I needed to nullify it, which was satisfying. Murloch rushes are so passé.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 20:40 
Hello Hello Hello

I think I'm at 55 wins with my trusty priest. You think 500 wins is stupidly too many, but realistically I'll probably get there in a month or so.

Just had one of the funniest games ever against a Mage. I Thought Steal early on (taking two cards from his undrawn deck), and pull a Ragnaros. I play it on T8, and it hits him 8 to the face. Nice.

He polys it, and we play on til he's down to 3 health. I've got no board and I'm struggling to do the damage. Then I pull a Mind Vision (draws one card from his drawn deck), and what do I get? Ragnaros again! I laughed so hard, and then laughed harder when the 8 damage hits him in the face again, ignoring his two minions. Thanks be to the goddess, haha!

The best thing about Mind Visioning anything is that it gives you a gold version, so dropping a golden Rag to win was indeed sweet. Rank 15 now, two star.

THIS KIND OF SHIT IS WHY I HATE PRIESTS.

Nothing personal old chap, but fuck priests.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 20:41 
Hello Hello Hello

I also hammered a stupid Murloch Paledin deck earlier. It was one of those rare occasions where I pulled everything I needed to nullify it, which was satisfying. Murloch rushes are so passé.

I know what you mean, it really is VERY satisfying to take down a rush deck, but at the same time you're aware that luck played a part in you getting the better of it if your deck wasn't built for the job.

My target for the evening is to get back to Rank 19 after the disaster zone of yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 20:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

The priest has so many disadvantages that I really don't think I'm playing an overpowered class. The card stealing is complete pot luck and just as often gives you fuck all. Stealing a murloch that buffs ALL other murlochs against a murloch deck is basically unplayable.

Also the priest's best AOE is a measily 2 damage without spell-damage buffs. I don't think the balance is too far off sound.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:04 
Hello Hello Hello

The priest has so many disadvantages that I really don't think I'm playing an overpowered class. The card stealing is complete pot luck and just as often gives you fuck all. Stealing a murloch that buffs ALL other murlochs against a murloch deck is basically unplayable.

Also the priest's best AOE is a measily 2 damage without spell-damage buffs. I don't think the balance is too far off sound.

Oh I'm not accusing them of being OP, it's just so utterly infuriating when they pinch a random great card off you and then immediately punch you in the face with it - especially when they do it more than once in the same game, and then mind control the same card when you finally get the chance to play it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:06 
Excellent Member

Oh I'm not accusing them of being OP, it's just so utterly infuriating when they pinch a random great card off you and then immediately punch you in the face with it - especially when they do it more than once in the same game, and then mind control the same card when you finally get the chance to play it.

Yes, it's more about the psychological factor. Arcane Intecllect is actually better than thoughtsteal, but i'm sure most of us don't really get as annoyed with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:16 
Legendary Boogeyman

Don't get me wrong AE, I've thumped the desk in frustration while playing this game, but in the main I am calm when I lose. I will tut, shake my head and mutter 'bullshit bollocks' under my breath before rolling it again. Even the best players get beaten on, but they just keep on trucking and make incremental improvements to their deck with experience.

After much consideration I no longer run Mind Control. Far too situational, and if I'm at turn 10 and near death, it's unlikely (though not impossible), that pinching a minion will turn it around. The only time I've found it a a possible pain is when I'm playing another Priest who has it, and steals something just as I'm about to crush them ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:25 
Sleepyhead

The thing that annoys me most is people spelling PALADIN wrongly ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think you mean 'incorrectly', bitch.

Every time I looked at my myself typing 'Paledin', I kept thinking 'that doesn't look right', but then shrugged and posted anyway. True story. Consider me told.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 21:41 
Excellent Member

Tell me about it. I think my hatred for playing against Priests makes me play badly against them. Have been beaten by two of the utter cunts twice in the past hour (same player too) but on the bright side I just utterly slaughtered another on turn 9 despite the arse copying most of my cards and nicking a few of my minions.

Felt good. :)

BTW, this is useful for all Priest haters:

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2013/11 ... he-priest/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 22:05 
Hello Hello Hello

The thing with priests is that I think they genuinely offend a common sense of justice, it honestly feels like the fuckers are stealing off you.

Point being of course, your deck is 'yours', you built it, you earned the cards, you bought the packs with hard earned gold, you crafted desirable cards with dust, so to have one of the bastard priests get lucky and outright steal a fantastic card off you simply feels wrong because it's YOUR card and YOU put it there.

Now I've got to be honest and say I always run with a Faceless Manipulator so I'm not exactly whiter than white in this regard, but at least he's just a single event minion, whereas the entire priest class just feels to me like it's built around trickery and shenanigans.

Up to now I'd say I'm having the most fun with my Warlock (except when I'm on a seven game losing streak....) and I'm quite starting to like my Druid.

Mages are enjoyable to play too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 22:11 
Excellent Member

Fully agree on all your points about Priests. It's also frustrating to play against them due to their healing and minion buffing abilities.

I think that Blizzard are trying to tell us that all Priests are thieves ....... let the religious battles commence! ;)

Warlock - yup, that's my second favourite hero to play after the Trump control Legendary Mage. Used to play my Warlock a lot a few months ago, mainly a Giants deck (but I do have a Murloc deck which I rarely use). I also have the standard Hunter rush deck, but I rarely play it as it makes me feel dirty .......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 23:43 
Legendary Boogeyman

All you bloody Priest whiners ;)

Every class have their pros/cons. I could bemoan the lack of creativity of the players who just mimic the same boring tactics over and over, but that's also just the game ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 0:45 
Excellent Member

Stop defending the cowardly Priests - they deserve far better from you. ;) (ie play a better class of hero). :)

Incidentally, after his successful run taking a Free To Play Mage to Legend status he has just started the same with a Shaman on the Euro server - first part here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69e6h-5VbiA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

I've fully caught up with Trump now on that series at least. That penultimate game before he hit legendary where he'd lost and was awaiting the killing blow, and the person he was playing against deliberately conceded. Weird to think you could play against a fan who's aware of your videos, and kills himself to help you reach legendary. I had to replay that to work out what the hell happened.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 22:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Just had the ARENA RUN FROM HELL.

Picked warlock as it's the class I'm most familiar with (other two were druid and hunter or something, either way ones I know fuck all about and have just about unlocked the basic decks), and it then proceeded to show me THE MOST AWFUL SELECTION OF CARDS YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.

I've got a half-decent warlock deck in constructed (it gave EBG a reasonable run for his money before although he beat me in the end), but I swear to god it chose every single warlock card I don't use in my own deck and so don't really know how they work and what they synergise with.

Same sort of story for the neutral cards, either stuff that didn't work well with a warlock at all or ones I wasn't familiar with etc etc, and it showed me the same shit cards I didn't want more than once too.

Went down 0-3 and only in one of the games was I able to put up a decent fight, the one I nearly won I was begging to the lord jesus himself for a topdraw that I knew would let me finish the game with a win and it just wouldn't fucking come.

In all fairness it still yielded a pack of cards and 30 gold, so the 150 gold entry cost as opposed to 100 gold for a straight pack of cards is entirely fair really, but it was still a pretty frustrating experience, as I was picking my deck I was thinking 'I have no fucking idea how I'm going to play this load of shit and I'll be going down 0-3'............

EDIT - Game against EBG before was really cool though, very enjoyable, didn't mind the loss on that one at all as it was a good tussle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 23:00 
Excellent Member

I've fully caught up with Trump now on that series at least. That penultimate game before he hit legendary where he'd lost and was awaiting the killing blow, and the person he was playing against deliberately conceded. Weird to think you could play against a fan who's aware of your videos, and kills himself to help you reach legendary. I had to replay that to work out what the hell happened.

That happened twice when he was near Legend - different players over a period of a few hours. No big deal though, he was really struggling for a few days at rank 1 / 2 but made it to Legend under his own steam.

I'm currently at rank 12 - managed to drop from 13 to 15 yesterday but this evening got up to 12. :)

Oh yes, and I've kicked the arses of a few Priests today - finally managing to get the hang of defeating the accursed little thieves. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 23:03 
Excellent Member

Just had the ARENA RUN FROM HELL.

Picked warlock as it's the class I'm most familiar with (other two were druid and hunter or something, either way ones I know fuck all about and have just about unlocked the basic decks), and it then proceeded to show me THE MOST AWFUL SELECTION OF CARDS YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.

I've got a half-decent warlock deck in constructed (it gave EBG a reasonable run for his money before although he beat me in the end), but I swear to god it chose every single warlock card I don't use in my own deck and so don't really know how they work and what they synergise with.

Same sort of story for the neutral cards, either stuff that didn't work well with a warlock at all or ones I wasn't familiar with etc etc, and it showed me the same shit cards I didn't want more than once too.

Went down 0-3 and only in one of the games was I able to put up a decent fight, the one I nearly won I was begging to the lord jesus himself for a topdraw that I knew would let me finish the game with a win and it just wouldn't fucking come.

In all fairness it still yielded a pack of cards and 30 gold, so the 150 gold entry cost as opposed to 100 gold for a straight pack of cards is entirely fair really, but it was still a pretty frustrating experience, as I was picking my deck I was thinking 'I have no fucking idea how I'm going to play this load of shit and I'll be going down 0-3'............

EDIT - Game against EBG before was really cool though, very enjoyable, didn't mind the loss on that one at all as it was a good tussle.

There's a pretty good tool out there which helps you to select decent cards when playing Arena - I've only used it a couple of times as I prefer to play Ranked, but here you go:

http://arenavalue.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:48 
Hello Hello Hello

Four_Candles wrote:
There's a pretty good tool out there which helps you to select decent cards when playing Arena - I've only used it a couple of times as I prefer to play Ranked, but here you go:

http://arenavalue.com/

That's very good, cheers :)

I suppose it is a bit cheaty in a way but I could have really done with it when I was putting my Arena deck together last night 'cause I honestly didn't have a fucking clue what I was working towards.

It even seems to dynamically adjust as you progress through building the deck, I may have to use that for my next Arena run....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:47 
Sleepyhead

Oh, does the arena always select your stuff via that randomised choice? Cool. Thought it might have only done that as I had no custom decks at the time.

Now I just need some gold...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 
Hello Hello Hello

God fucking dammit just had an awesome run from Rank 20 Zero Stars straight through to Rank 19 Three Stars with my own warlock deck, one win away from Rank 18 AGAIN and I came up against a very good rogue with the most insane draw-focused deck I've ever seen.

I gave him a reasonable game but it was only ever going one way really, rogues are second only to priests with all the tricky cheaty bastard stuff they can do, and with the card draw he'd built into his deck I could never get on top of him.

I'm determined to get to Rank 18 with my own deck though, I will not crack and look up a warlock deck to copy or modify.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 
Hello Hello Hello

And just lost again to an insanely aggressive mage, but I managed to control him down to zero minions and top-drawing, I was a turn away from beating the fucker and ALL THAT HAD TO NOT HAPPEN WAS FOR HIM TO TOP DRAW A FUCKING FIREBALL BECAUSE I WAS AT FIVE HEALTH.

He top draws a fucking fireball and beats me.

At times like that I hate this game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 18:15 
Hello Hello Hello

Right I'm going to install that Hearthlog thing because I just had a game against a Hunter that I swear it was outright impossible to win, and not just impossible to win, but impossible to even get fucking close to the skanky twat.

I conceded on two health rather than give the cheapass motherfucker the satisfaction of finishing me off.

I had the cards in my deck to counter him but of course I didn't draw them, whereas the game before I got all my clearance and control cards WHEN I DIDN'T BASTARD WELL NEED THEM. (I also mulliganed a marginal selection of 3-5s on the initial draw figuring I'd need some specific cards for a hunter, and it very kindly replaced them with 4-6s, despite there being a good raft of 0-3s in my deck.)

I may well die of rage before I get to Rank 18 at this rate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 18:17 
Gogmagog

Heh. Like buses, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 18:35 
Hello Hello Hello

Woohoo first logged game and I get the Warlock murloc rush.

I was agonising on whether to play the Hellfire a turn earlier....

http://www.hearthlog.com/u/Chopley/1395509186/replay#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 22:10 
Excellent Member

Sadly that's the way it goes - just one indecision or small error can cost you the game.

A couple of games back I had the decision to Faceless or destroy an enemy's Ragnaros which had just hit my face for 8 - now I decided it was best to get it out of the way as I had one of my own that I was about to play (I didn't have enough Mana to copy and destroy his in one turn or I would have done so). So I destroyed his, put mine on the board next turn where it proceeded to hit a Damaged Golem. It was then obliterated by him next turn. I can't help but wonder if it would have worked out for the best if I had copied his. Ah well.

Still, looking on the bright side I'm now rank 11 with two stars - I was just one star away from rank 10 but then lost a couple of games so decided best to quit before I started raging. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 22:23 
Sleepyhead

Played one game today, but just got angry that the opponent was taking forever over each move.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 72  Next