Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Titanfall Xbox One / 360 / PC + others ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:25 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

It doesnt look like we have a thread for this but it was obviously impressive at E3 and at Gamescom

Wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall

IGN are gushing over it :

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/i ... anfall-and

Quote:
I played Titanfall, and I loved it

Quote:
This is Microsoft’s killer app. You will buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, and you should. Sure, you’d have a good time with it on PC if you’ve got a capable rig, but your couch and the Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it’s best enjoyed in. It likely won’t decimate Call of Duty’s market share anytime soon – particularly since it’s a platform exclusive – but once Titanfall releases this spring, I guarantee you that word will spread amongst the hardcore CoD community. “Have you seen Titanfall?” they’ll say. And little by little – or maybe in droves, who knows? – they will flock to Titanfall, and they will never go back. Not after this. Titanfall is the next great evolution of the twitch-action first-person shooter. Believe the hype.

Post subject: Re: Titanfall Xbox One / 360 / PC + others ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 
UltraMod

Oh no, Zaphod's given it the kiss of death. Will this become one of his one-man threads? ;)

I possibly could be interested, but it's not worth getting an XBO for. Depends if there's critical mass on the PC, or if a PS4 version comes further down the line.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 
8-Bit Champion

SilentElk wrote:
Oh no, Zaphod's given it the kiss of death. Will this become one of his one-man threads? ;)

Possibly , although more likely if it was ex Treyarch devs instead of ex Infinity ward ones :p

SilentElk wrote:
I possibly could be interested, but it's not worth getting an XBO for. Depends if there's critical mass on the PC, or if a PS4 version comes further down the line.

The thing is that its not actually due out until the start of next year , so despite the IGN article above and all the other positive press that 'this is the game which will sell you a Xbox One' , even if it does that single handedly you don't need to bother until the start of next year.

Hopefully by that time we will have clearer info about what platforms it will support and how it performs on those , and what system most people on here are playing on.

According to IGN the 'big draw' that works so well for it is that all your friends are on Xbox , but that assumes that all your current 360 friends are going to shift over to the Xbox one which as can be seen from Gilly's thread thats not so clear cut.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:05 

It doesn't look like my cup of tea really. I'd be interested if it weren't multiplayer only.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 

It has GIANT !! MECHS !!
I'm In !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 

Giant mechs that will just look stupid because they will be pogoing around all over the place and squawking prepubescently. Pacific Rim it will not be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 

markg wrote:
Giant mechs that will just look stupid because they will be pogoing around all over the place and squawking prepubescently. Pacific Rim it will not be.

I'm hoping I can squish soldiers with my giant mech feet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:35 

The game looks very good and just the sort of hectic multiplayer I like. I don't believe for a moment it won't come out on PS4.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:00 
ugvm'er at heart...

Looks like bouncy, jumpy, run-aroundy bobbins to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:06 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:

Like Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:06 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:

I *like* bouncy jumpy run aroundy bobbins !

Some gameplay footage from Gamescom

And some earlier stuff from E3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:11 
ugvm'er at heart...

SilentElk wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Like Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament.

Indeed. It did give me an Unreal vibe when watching the videos, which gives me hope that it will be closer that that than what COD has become.

I'm mildly interested, but I'll wait until people have played it properly and get first hand reports.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:33 
Ready for action

That looks amazing. Right up my street. My thread had finally convinced my girlfriend that the PS4 was the sensible choice and now she's passionately returned to the Xbox One :facepalm:
I wonder how long we'd wait for a ps4 release?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:34 
UltraMod

sdg wrote:
That looks amazing. Right up my street. My thread had finally convinced my girlfriend that the PS4 was the sensible choice and now she's passionately returned to the Xbox One :facepalm:

Six months to a year would be my absolute guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:36 
8-Bit Champion

SilentElk wrote:
sdg wrote:

Six months to a year would be my absolute guess.

*Remember* that right now its down for Q1 2014 so we're probably still at least 6 months away from an Xbox of any type release.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:37 
UltraMod

Plus, play it on release with TheVision, or six months later with all of us? IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:39 
Ready for action

I've got to be honest, a game like that, made by the people who had a huge part in making one of my (our) favourite and most played games, makes me want an Xbox one. Is it going to be next gen only or will it be released on 360?
If I wait for it on PS4, then I'm buying two PS4's. What are our reasons for expecting a multi platform release in the future, apart from it makes good business sense?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:40 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

SilentElk wrote:
Plus, play it on release with TheVision, or six months later with all of us? IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

Did I say I was buying one on release day? I don't think I did.. I hope not anyway. The wife will go spare if I buy a new console!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:41 
UltraMod

sdg wrote:
I've got to be honest, a game like that, made by the people who had a huge part in making one of my (our) favourite and most played games, makes me want an Xbox one. Is it going to be next gen only or will it be released on 360?
If I wait for it on PS4, then I'm buying two PS4's. What are our reasons for expecting a multi platform release in the future, apart from it makes good business sense?

It's 360 and PC as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:41 
UltraMod

TheVision wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

Did I say I was buying one on release day? I don't think I did.. I hope not anyway. The wife will go spare if I buy a new console!

The game isn't out until Q4 in 2014 according to reports. So you've got a year to soften her up.

Unless your mate was right all along...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:42 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
Is it going to be next gen only or will it be released on 360?

Its Xbox One , Xbox 360 and PC confirmed right now , the multi platform reasons are more down to the crappy way that Microsoft are making everyone stay silent about releases for other systems and some careful wording when the devs have been asked about releasing on other platforms

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:44 
Ready for action

SilentElk wrote:
sdg wrote:

It's 360 and PC as well.

Learn to read the thread title Gilly...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:45 
8-Bit Champion

From 2 months ago

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... a-weigh-in

Quote:
Will Titanfall ever come to PlayStation? Respawn and EA weigh in

Titanfall, the game from the creators of the Call of Duty series, is coming to PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One - but not PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4.

The multiplayer-only sci-fi shooter looks like a great fit for Microsoft's always-online Xbox One, but amid rumours that Xbox exclusivity has been secured for just a year, will Titanfall ever come to PlayStation?

That's the question we posed to both Respawn and publisher EA at E3 this week.

Let's start with Respawn. Lead artist Joel Emslie, who followed Vince Zampella and Jason West out of Activision's Infinity Ward after the pair were fired, told Eurogamer the development team wants Titanfall to be played by as many people as possible.

"When you boil it down, we would love to be everywhere, but we're just starting out," Emslie explained. "It comes down to quality, not quantity. We have a fantastic relationship with Microsoft. It just boiled down to, okay, how can we hit this as hard as can and get it on as many platforms as possible and deliver the quality, the 60 hertz, out of the gate? That was the goal.

"We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting there."

Microsoft's Xbox One is an always-online console and connects to the internet once every 24 hours. It essentially guarantees developers that players will be connected at all times, and games benefit from the 300,000 servers Microsoft has installed to boost Xbox Live.

"We're making a multiplayer-focused game so you want to be online," Emslie added. "It's plain and simple. We're really in love with the Xbox One. Obviously it's more power on a console, and we're going to take full advantage of it."

Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.

"So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

So, from the developer's point of view PlayStation isn't off the table. But as we all know, money talks, and when it comes to money, we're talking about EA, the publisher that helped get Respawn off the ground three years ago.

"Obviously a business relationship between Electronic Arts, Respawn and Microsoft led to this," EA Games Label boss Patrick Söderlund - the executive directly responsible for managing Titanfall - told Eurogamer. "There are always reasons for that, but we can't go into them."

Of course! But, from EA's perspective, will Titanfall ever come to PlayStation, perhaps after Xbox exclusivity has ended?

"We haven't communicated anything on that, and I can't comment on that right now," Söderlund replied, before adding: "We're proud to be exclusive to Xbox."

For now, Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in spring 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:45 
UltraMod

So: get a PS4 on release, buy TitanFall on both your 360s when it comes out... buy an XBO much later.

Easy. Next!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:48 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

SilentElk wrote:
TheVision wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

The game isn't out until Q4 in 2014 according to reports. So you've got a year to soften her up.

Unless your mate was right all along...

You're on fire today!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 14:48 
UltraMod

The box art in the OP doesn't have 'Only on Xbox' on it, so that might give it away.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 15:16 
SavyGamer

Generally speaking when you sign to be a timed Xbox exclusive, Microsoft require:

Typically either 6 or 12 months exclusivity.
You do not mention any versions of the game other than the Xbox version (s), and depending on whether they are paying you to delay the PC version, the PC version.

If it were going to be Xbox exclusive forever, they would announce it as such. It definitely is coming to PS4, the questions is just whether it will be 6month, a year, or possibly further down the line.

This game is an EA partners game, rather than being developed by an EA Studio, this means that the developer themselves get a bit more independence than most EA games, and I suspect that it was Respawn rather than EA that negotiated this deal.

Clearly Respawn/EA are trying to establish Titanfall as their Call of Duty, and this strategy makes sense. They get a big marketing push from Microsoft, as well as a big bag of money, and they get to sell the PS4 version further down the line, when there is a far bigger audience of gamers to sell their game to.

Game looks pretty fun. It's Call of Duty with robots and freerunning, and every game would be made better with robots and freerunning. If I play it, it'll be the PC version, I don't really play online shooters much anyway, and definitely not with a controller.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 15:20 
8-Bit Champion

LewieP wrote:
I don't really play online shooters much anyway, and definitely not with a controller.

Complete tangent but i was impressed with how well the PC (or Mac) integrate the Xbox controllers even down to button prompts and playing BLOPS on PC basically feels the same as playing it on the console apart from the fact that everyone apologizes to you when they accidentally team kill you

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 15:25 
SavyGamer

zaphod79 wrote:
LewieP wrote:
I don't really play online shooters much anyway, and definitely not with a controller.

Complete tangent but i was impressed with how well the PC (or Mac) integrate the Xbox controllers even down to button prompts and playing BLOPS on PC basically feels the same as playing it on the console apart from the fact that everyone apologizes to you when they accidentally team kill you

Yeah, generally games that are multiplatform have pretty good controller support these days. I especially like it when open world game do a slick transition from a controller hud for when I'm driving, to mouse and keyboard hud for when I am on foot/shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 20:18 
8-Bit Champion

FYI listened to the Major Nelson podcast from Pax earlier and the had the community head for Titanfall on and she confirmed that the build running at Gamescom and at PAX was the PC version with Xbox360 controllers (not that it was pretended that it was something else - but all those saying this is the game which will sell you an Xbox One it might - but the game your watching is currently on a PC)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 17:08 
8-Bit Champion

More obscure answering about its exclusivity

http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-on-t ... xclusivity

Quote:
Major Nelson on Titanfall for PS4: Depends on Game, “Not Worried About” Timed Exclusivity

Every now and again, the same question keeps coming back: Will Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall be a timed exclusive to the Xbox One and Xbox 360? Considering the growing demand for PS4 consoles and Respawn’s own replies to the same, it certainly seems possible. If not next year when the game releases, then why not the year after? Never say never, and all that jazz.

One individual who put his two cents in regarding Titanfall’s exclusivity is Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb, the Director of Programming for Xbox Live. When asked on Reddit about the exclusivity status of Titanfall, and whether it would be a timed exclusive, heading to PS4 at a later time, or a lifetime exclusive, remaining solely on Xbox platforms, Nelson replied, “As far as being an exclusive that’s really a question for Titanfall – I’m not worried about it though.”

As of now, it’s never been obvious that Microsoft is putting pressure on Respawn or even paying them major bucks to keep the game on Xbox consoles. Perhaps Respawn saw the success of first person shooters on the Xbox 360 as compared to PS3 and thought that this would help give Titanfall a major bump up when it releases on Xbox One? No one can really say for sure, but if Nelson’s lack of worry says anything, it’s that the game might just stay exclusive after all.

Titanfall releases on the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 18:27 
UltraMod

The best non-answer I've ever read. Although, judging from his track record, does he actually know anything?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 
8-Bit Champion

Release date confirmed (14th March) and a new trailer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... lease-date

Quote:
UPDATE: EA has told Eurogamer that Titanfall's UK release date is actually 14th March, a Friday. The game's wallet-busting Collector's Edition will also land on our shores - for the same number of pounds as its priced in dollars, a whopping £249.

ORIGINAL STORY: EA has announced the Titanfall PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One release date as "beginning" 13th March 2014 in Europe. In North America the date is 11th March.

The 13th is a Thursday, which is an unusual day for a game to launch in the UK. Normally games come out on a Friday. I'm checking it out.

EA also announced a Collector's Edition that carries a whopping SRP of $249.99 (£TBC). This has an 18-inch Atlas titan statue with battery-powered LED lighting, a beefy art book and a big schematic poster of an Atlas titan mech.

There's a new trailer too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 
UltraMod

£249 for a collector's edition of a brand new IP? Ha ha ha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:35 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
£249 for a collector's edition of a brand new IP?

Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

Nope.

Yep.
Quote:
The game's wallet-busting Collector's Edition will also land on our shores - for the same number of pounds as its priced in dollars, a whopping £249.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Even I am not interested in that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

Nope.

Yep.
Quote:
The game's wallet-busting Collector's Edition will also land on our shores - for the same number of pounds as its priced in dollars, a whopping £249.

I mean - nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

Nope.

Yep.
Quote:

I mean - nope.

I see.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
Grim... wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

Nope.

Yep.
Quote:

I mean - nope.

I see.

Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 
UltraMod

I - err, what?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 
Paws for thought

SilentElk wrote:
I - err, what?

I would guess he's not buying it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
I - err, what?

Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 17:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
I - err, what?

Nope.

Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 17:55 
Paws for thought

Too much negativity in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 16:31 
8-Bit Champion

Beta registrations are open

http://www.titanfall.com/beta

Only PC and Xbox one are listed at the moment

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 
8-Bit Champion

Microsoft are going to make the Beta available to all Xbox One users (no details on how long for or any other limits at the moment)

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/15/xbox- ... -everyone/

Quote:
Later today, the teams will be opening up the Titanfall Beta to all Xbox One owners. That means no code will be necessary to download and play the beta. We are really excited to get a good test on all of our systems before launch and encourage you to join in.

To download the beta, sign in to your Xbox One and head to the “New Game Demos” section of the Game Store and it will appear there. You can also say “Xbox Bing” then “Show me game demos”. Also, in some Xbox Live regions you’ll see a “Join The Titanfall Beta” link on the home page of Xbox One, next to My Game and Apps.

Note: It may take some time until all Xbox One’s can see the demo in the store. Some members may see it before others. Until then just relax and rest assured everyone will see it soon.

PC Version should also have an open beta sometime 'soon'

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/15/541549 ... -to-follow

Quote:
Titanfall beta being opened up to all Xbox One users, PC to follow

Respawn Entertainment is opening up the current Titanfall multiplayer beta test to all Xbox One users, in part to better stress test the game under load and in an attempt to appease players who didn't get into the closed beta test, the developer announced today.

"We have limited server capacity for the beta, but would be good to hit that ceiling," Respawn founder Vince Zampella tweeted on Saturday evening. He later tweeted, "Ok, just heard from [Respawn programmer Jon Shiring]. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have you max stress it!

"All the switches need to be flipped, and there are probably lots! It will take some number of time units to do it all!"

Access to the Titanfall open beta on Xbox One is expected to be available sometime on Saturday evening. An open beta for the Windows PC version will follow, Zampella said, sometime on Sunday, Feb. 16.

Zampella said he expects multiplayer servers to hold up, with the worst case being "delays in finding a server during peak times."

Previously, players interested in partaking in the Titanfall beta needed a code to join, which EA began distributing to those who registered for the beta earlier this week.

Microsoft's Larry Hryb posted on his blog that the Titanfall beta should appear in the "New Game Demos" section of the Xbox Game Store soon. He added, "It may take some time until all Xbox One's can see the demo in the store. Some members may see it before others. Until then just relax and rest assured everyone will see it soon."

Zampella said that Respawn will also extend Titanfall's multiplayer beta "at least a day, to make up for the down time" players experienced on Friday. Previously, the beta period was planned to run until Wednesday, Feb. 19.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:21 
Bad Girl

Friends of mine have already been playing it and, apparently, it's reet aces. Although, to be fair, they have a tendency to get excited about the latest shiny shiny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:44 
8-Bit Champion

Saturnalian wrote:
Friends of mine have already been playing it and, apparently, it's reet aces. Although, to be fair, they have a tendency to get excited about the latest shiny shiny.

I applied for the Beta on PC and did not get a code - i'd at least like to try and it and see how it handles before putting down cash for it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 21:51 
8-Bit Champion

If you signed up for the PC Beta and have not had an email back - login to Origin and check - I dont have any emails but the game is showing as available to download

Although at 12 gig its going to take a while :-)

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next