Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: IPAD- Jailbreak
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 
Excellent Member

Never really bothered with doing this before. Most IPad stuff is not expensive so I don’t mind paying for things. Also work IPads are managed in a support tool called Air watch, about the only rule they have is jail broken IPad’s get wiped.

Now at work, we are starting to see IPad 1&2 being returned and replaced with 4’s so I have a few to play around with.

So I did the Jail Break on a IPad 2, you get a load of free stuff.

1. A sort of App Store with free versions of apps that cost money from Apple. This was pretty crap you would do a search and find lots of things were listed but not available. Was sick of this in 10 minutes
2. You get Cydia which has a lot of tweak apps, emulators and some pay stuff, doesn’t look to be as dodgy as the first app store.
3. XBMC, the main reason I did this, works really well, large 30GB rips of Blu Ray films stutter (over wireless) but TV and smaller films are fine. Its really good and there will be some changes coming to streaming in XBMC soon (In Beta versions now) that will make larger films stream better.
4. Emulators, found a SNES emulator and a another app that lets you download ROMS and then places them in a location were the emulator can see them. Not a new thing, but I like playing old systems on the IPad.
5. Film and TV streaming, this was an app that just streamed the News Groups in terms of TV and Films. Tried a few and the quality and streaming was really good. Can’t see these sorts of things being around for long though before they are closed down.

All in all not that bothered about the free apps and other stuff, but the XBMC and Emulators are great so made this worth while.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]