Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: EvE Online
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 19:38 
Hello Hello Hello

I take it you guys all used EVEMon for skill planning and suchlike?

Cool little app but does make me go 'Yoiks' at the fucking complexity of it all :nerd:

The 'Aura' app for Android is really cool too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... aura&hl=en

Attachment:
evemon.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 17:18 
Hello Hello Hello

This game has just started to click for me now, I'm working through the third (out of five) sets of tutorials, and whilst each of the tutorials focuses on different aspects of the game, there is necessarily quite a bit of repetition in there - and I'm finding that stuff which had me properly scratching my head first time around, is now getting to be natural and familiar third time around.

I've also got my first half-decent ship (still a Frigate though), and pleasingly I haven't dipped into my 300,000,000 ISK yet, everything I've done in the game has been paid for 'properly'.

I reckon this game is going to have some legs for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 23:51 

Heh AE, I remember the Eve thread on FF 8 years ago when I was a big fan of the MMO and you said you'd never try it out.

Glad youre enjoying it, Entropia is better though, maybe you'll play that in 5 years time :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 21:04 
Hello Hello Hello

2560x1440 of pure loveliness :)

Also note the FRAPs framerate counter holding steady at 60FPS in the top left corner, this is with everything maxed out.

Yes I know it's 'just space' in one regard but I was worried about how the 480 would handle the extra pixels. Think I'll go and see how it copes with BF3 next....

Attachment:
IMG_1486.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 19:17 
Meh

Nice. Please don't post any more screen shots I got a major pang from seeing that one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 22:28 
Hello Hello Hello

Cancelled subscription and uninstalled :(

I admire this game, I really do, but having got out of the tutorials and having finally got some sort of real idea as to the sheer size and scope of the game - I figured I just couldn't devote the time to it that it would take to properly get my head around it.

I didn't find it overly complicated, it all makes sense and is perfectly logical, but there's just so fucking much of it to learn - and TBH it started to feel a bit like a chore.

Glad I gave it a go (I only put around 20 hours in), but this is a game that the me of ten years ago should have been playing, not the me of now.

Oh well, at least I didn't drop £520 on a 27 inch monitor specifically to play a game that I'm not playing any more :belm:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 22:55 
Excellent Member

AtrocityExhibition wrote:
Oh well, at least I didn't drop £520 on a 27 inch monitor specifically to play a game that I'm not playing any more :belm:

Why not use your gorgeous massive monitor to look through my photostream? Simply switch to full-screen and click play. Graphical prettiness! *COUGH COUGH*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspet ... /lightbox/

;)

Also: Enough time is taken playing with photos. Can't begin to imagine how much life Eve would leech out of me if I let it.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 
Hello Hello Hello

NervousPete wrote:

Why not use your gorgeous massive monitor to look through my photostream? Simply switch to full-screen and click play. Graphical prettiness! *COUGH COUGH*

;)

Also: Enough time is taken playing with photos. Can't begin to imagine how much life Eve would leech out of me if I let it.

They are indeed mighty fine photos Pete, and they do look lovely on my monitor :) (Mrs AE took a keen interest in the slideshow and I eventually had to shoo her off to make us both another cup of tea.)

The gulf between proper pictures taken with a proper camera and even the 'best' smartphone cameras is amazing, unfortunately a lot of folks just don't know the difference. (Same as shitty MP3s compared to a decent CD.)

As for EvE, it is undoubtedly a thing of both magnificence and beauty, but unless you've got an awful lot of spare time to sink into it, most likely a non-starter.

I'll only do the next WoW expansion because I already 'know' WoW, I can't see myself 'doing' another MMO now TBH, just don't have that kind of spare time any more.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 
Master of dodgy spelling....

TBH I can't tell the difference between MP3 and CDs. if played through the same device.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 
Hello Hello Hello

KovacsC wrote:
TBH I can't tell the difference between MP3 and CDs. if played through the same device.

A well-encoded MP3 at a high bitrate is close enough to a CD the vast majority of the time.

Certainly when you get down to 128kb/s I can tell the difference, 192kb/s is marginal, 256kb/s is close enough for me.

It's also worth remembering that they've changed the focus on CDs in the last 10-15 years too, from being all about subtle reproduction to being LOUD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I ripped my entire CD collection to MP3 a few years ago, and the 'loudest' CDs sound distinctly worse than a lot of the early ones.

EDIT - Interesting to see Califiornication on the list above, that came round on my car's stereo the other week, and I thought to myself 'Fucking hell this sounds awful.'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:55 
UltraMod

NervousPete wrote:

Totally remind me to do this this afternoon when I get home. I'm sure they'll look amazing on my new MacBook.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:

A well-encoded MP3 at a high bitrate is close enough to a CD the vast majority of the time.

Certainly when you get down to 128kb/s I can tell the difference, 192kb/s is marginal, 256kb/s is close enough for me.

It's also worth remembering that they've changed the focus on CDs in the last 10-15 years too, from being all about subtle reproduction to being LOUD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I ripped my entire CD collection to MP3 a few years ago, and the 'loudest' CDs sound distinctly worse than a lot of the early ones.

EDIT - Interesting to see Califiornication on the list above, that came round on my car's stereo the other week, and I thought to myself 'Fucking hell this sounds awful.'

At the risk of thread derailment I'd say there is a difference between MP3 and CD, but only really noticeable in classical, chamber, folk and other accoustic stuff. There's a bit in one of Boccherini's quartet's where a violin signs off with a flick like a whip and the echo of it resonantly sounds through the chamber like some sort of deep rosewood sigh*. It's beautiful. Or the hint of vast spaces in Brahm's choral piece Ein Deutches Requiem, the Gardiner version. Then there's the subtle rising and falling beneath the main string line in Vaughan Williams Theme of Fantasia by Thomas Talis. I listened to them both on CD and MP3 and the difference is really noticeable.

This is why the magazine What Hi-Fi is such a fucking crock of shit, though, as in their reviews of stuff they use as test copies the most ghastly bass-driven chart music and then talk about how it 'breathes'. And then go on to persuade you to buy gold plated USB cables.

*Sorry, please kill me now.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 
UltraMod

I find 320Kbps tolerable, but much prefer lossless (FLAC or ALAC). Anything lower is far too naff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 
Hello Hello Hello

The Last Salmon Man wrote:
I find 320Kbps tolerable, but much prefer lossless (FLAC or ALAC). Anything lower is far too naff.

I can't tell the difference once I get above 256kb/s, although that might be down to my music tastes I suppose, there's not much in my collection that you'd describe as 'subtle'.

I will take FLAC where it's available though, as these days storage space isn't really an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:20 
UltraMod

I can't tell the difference once I get above 256kb/s, although that might be down to my music tastes I suppose, there's not much in my collection that you'd describe as 'subtle'.

I find heavy music the worst the lower bitrate it goes. The cymbals sound all wrong and it's all compressed. Yuck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:35 

I use 192 as that si what itunes rips at :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 
Sitting balls-back folder

iTunes 192kbps AAC is better than 256kbps MP3 though. iTunes Store now gives 256kbps (constant bitrate, unlike ripping which uses VBR), so there must be some benefit to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:42 

Most of my stuff is Mp3, as my old car had an MP3 palyer..

Is there an easy way to convert to AAc, or just best off not bothering?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:

You'd have to rip the CDs again - like jpegs for example, you can't make a sound file better quality than the original!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Reading that piece on Wikipedia has made me paranoid that I'll never be able to appreciate music the way it was intended.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:55 

KovacsC wrote:

You'd have to rip the CDs again - like jpegs for example, you can't make a sound file better quality than the original!

I guessed that.. I might just do Imatch and save the hassle :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 
Excellent Member

The gulf between proper pictures taken with an SLR camera and any type of point-and-shoot can be amazing depending on the skill and talent of the photographer, realistically a lot of folks could easily see a difference in the quality but might not care to spend a fortune on hardware and ages learning advanced techniques when they just want to take quick snaps.

Fixed that for reality.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 13:28 
Excellent Member

Oooh, AE, have you stepped into a minefield, bro.

Define 'proper' camera, or a 'proper' photograph. Today's iPhones have a picture quality past 1st generation pro-digital cameras. They have a picture quality at least equal to the poloroid, which great photographers such as Stephen Shore and Ansel Adams used in the 60's and 70's to chart urban and rural America and its visual language. The early photographs by Stieglitz, father of photography as an art, are misty, grey, soft, fuzzy and beautiful. His famous Central Park in a snowstorm, or the Flat Iron building, and the lamps glowing at night on a wet street are ridiculously unsharp, grainy and yet completely magical.

I've seen many photographs underexposed and grainy with blurred figures and burnt out highlights, yet they fix in the mind and are works of art.

In the Libyan conflict Ben Lowly, a photo-journalist, on his first day found his camera equipment confiscated and smashed by government troops. A fellow reporter gave him his iphone. The results were stunning. One picture captures a rebel in a smashed out mosque, a shaft of light piercing down from the dome and illuminating him in the rubble. The lightweight quality of the iphone allowed him to move faster, further and be less visible than his DSLR wielding counterparts. And though the picture quality of the DSLR works were indeed better (witness the famous exploding munitions truck shot - a shot impossible with an iPhone) his photos are superb from an everyman crowd point of view.

It's great that technology is ever improved upon, but it is in reality only a tool. A camera is only a tool. It's what you do with it that counts. Spending more time obsessing over the tool than the product of its use is like spending more time studying reviews about hammers than doing DIY. ("I agree," Peter Sutcliffe.)

This is why increasing numbers of youngsters are going back to film cameras, or trying to push the limits of the iPhone. I've seen brilliant stuff by teenagers on Flickr taken with their cameraphones, teenagers who do actually love photography and see the device as a great leveller. Me, I adore my Nikon DSLR's because I love their feel, they're a joy to use and the colours and tones really please me. But they say the best camera is the one you have on you, and I do sometimes wish I had an iPhone to play with too for the rare occassions when the weighty DSLR is staying at home.

Oh, just read Bamba's post. Bit more pithy! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 13:50 
Hello Hello Hello

OK let me qualify the above statement before I get hung drawn and quartered :)

1) I'm not in any way trying to lessen your abilities as a photographer Pete (I know you haven't said that but Bamba's kind of getting there), I appreciate that the skill of a photographer is far more than just the camera he's using.

2) Good cameras do take better pictures though, in a wider range of circumstances. Certainly some of the pics on your flickr site just couldn't have been taken with a shit camera or a smartphone's camera (remember I'm looking at them at on a high quality 2560x1440 screen that's been properly calibrated).

3) That's not to say that 'inferior' cameras can't take good pictures, and I didn't say that they couldn't :)

4) From a personal perspective, me and Mrs AE have a massive photo album charting the last 7 1/2 years since AE Jnr was born, and that collection encompasses a wide range of devices, from a half-decent DSLR to relatively crappy earlyish camera phones etc. (And it's not just pictures of AE Jnr, as tends to be the case when you start taking more pictures, you start taking pictures of lots more things, so we've got a massive range of photos from all over the island.)

What's stood out to me is that, in the round, even rank amateurs like us have a better chance of capturing a really 'good' shot (in both the sense of it being a 'good picture' but also technically excellent) with a proper camera, especially in challenging circumstances.

(That said, there's a one picture in particular that Mrs AE took on her last phone (a crappy low end Sony jobby that she liked more than anything just 'cause it was small and easy to use) that's magical, with AE Jnr framed against the backdrop of the local park on a crap day with a rainbow in the background spanning out into the hills - it's not a high quality picture in a technical sense (grainy, fuzzy, exposure not great etc) but as a picture to look at, it's wondrous little slice of time.)

But that's something of a special case, generally speaking the best pictures we've taken have been on the more capable devices, just because they're better at what they do since they're designed to be cameras and therefore be good at taking pictures above everything else.

In summary, I'd say my point was that it'd be a shame for a generation to think that cameras are what are built into phones and that's all there is to it, in the same way that it'd be a shame if folks never appreciated that music doesn't have to sound like low bitrate MP3s.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 
Unpossible!

AND... Eve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 
Sleepyhead

KovacsC wrote:

Pffffft.

You've clearly never watched CSI.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Pffffft.

You've clearly never watched CSI.

Bladerunner did it first!

EDIT - Impressive stuff lolz.

Post subject: EvE Online
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:56 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

There is no difference above 160kbps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:10 
Worst

Malabelm wrote:

lol otw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 
Excellent Member

I know you haven't said that but Bamba's kind of getting there

No I didn't, I just pointed out that skill/talent mattered more than equipment and people choosing not to buy and use a 'proper' camera didn't mean they couldn't appreciate the difference between good and bad pictures. I genuinely wasn't accusing you of saying anything negative about Pete and the pictures he takes. Indeed the very statement of yours I was commenting was explicitly complimentary to Pete so it would be mental of me to try and pretend otherwise. Apologies if it came across otherwise dude. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:14 
Hello Hello Hello

Bamba wrote:
No I didn't, I just pointed out that skill/talent mattered more than equipment and people choosing not to buy and use a 'proper' camera didn't mean they couldn't appreciate the difference between good and bad pictures. I genuinely wasn't accusing you of saying anything negative about Pete and the pictures he takes. Indeed the very statement of yours I was commenting was explicitly complimentary to Pete so it would be mental of me to try and pretend otherwise. Apologies if it came across otherwise dude. :)

My apologies then Bamba I got the wrong of the stick! :belm:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 
UltraMod

Malabelm wrote:

You need new ears.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 

Malabelm wrote:

You need new ears.

Same way I need new eyes for not seeing 60fps?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:01 
UltraMod

Malabelm wrote:
Malabelm wrote:

You need new ears.

Think a lossy jpg versus a TIFF or something, Mr Web Designer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:16 

Malabelm wrote:
Malabelm wrote:

You need new ears.

And above a certain point, there’s no real perceivable difference. 160kbps seems to be that point for most people from the studies I’ve seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:38 
Unpossible!

Mods! Don't let this interesting discussion derail the Eve thread!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:39 
Honey Boo Boo

The thread's dead, man, only one person on here plays EvE any more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:45 
Unpossible!

:boots:

Post subject: Re: Re: EvE Online
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 13:51 
Excellent Member

Malabelm wrote:
Malabelm wrote:
Malabelm wrote:

You need new ears.

And above a certain point, there’s no real perceivable difference. 160kbps seems to be that point for most people from the studies I’ve seen.

Doesn't it all depends on what the sound is being played through and how loud its being played? More volume equals more noise. Fewer volumes equals fewer noises. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 14:48 
Excellent Member

OK let me qualify the above statement before I get hung drawn and quartered :)

1) I'm not in any way trying to lessen your abilities as a photographer Pete (I know you haven't said that but Bamba's kind of getting there), I appreciate that the skill of a photographer is far more than just the camera he's using.

2) Good cameras do take better pictures though, in a wider range of circumstances. Certainly some of the pics on your flickr site just couldn't have been taken with a shit camera or a smartphone's camera (remember I'm looking at them at on a high quality 2560x1440 screen that's been properly calibrated).

3) That's not to say that 'inferior' cameras can't take good pictures, and I didn't say that they couldn't :)

4) From a personal perspective, me and Mrs AE have a massive photo album charting the last 7 1/2 years since AE Jnr was born, and that collection encompasses a wide range of devices, from a half-decent DSLR to relatively crappy earlyish camera phones etc. (And it's not just pictures of AE Jnr, as tends to be the case when you start taking more pictures, you start taking pictures of lots more things, so we've got a massive range of photos from all over the island.)

What's stood out to me is that, in the round, even rank amateurs like us have a better chance of capturing a really 'good' shot (in both the sense of it being a 'good picture' but also technically excellent) with a proper camera, especially in challenging circumstances.

(That said, there's a one picture in particular that Mrs AE took on her last phone (a crappy low end Sony jobby that she liked more than anything just 'cause it was small and easy to use) that's magical, with AE Jnr framed against the backdrop of the local park on a crap day with a rainbow in the background spanning out into the hills - it's not a high quality picture in a technical sense (grainy, fuzzy, exposure not great etc) but as a picture to look at, it's wondrous little slice of time.)

But that's something of a special case, generally speaking the best pictures we've taken have been on the more capable devices, just because they're better at what they do since they're designed to be cameras and therefore be good at taking pictures above everything else.

In summary, I'd say my point was that it'd be a shame for a generation to think that cameras are what are built into phones and that's all there is to it, in the same way that it'd be a shame if folks never appreciated that music doesn't have to sound like low bitrate MP3s.

Not to worry, I welcome criticism and I didn't read anything against me or my picture-taking stle in that at all. I do maintain however that I really am still something of a novice compared to a lot of the people I've seen on Flickr. Check my favourites stream on there for genuinely breathtaking stuff.

And yes, there's nothing lovelier than current DSLR's. They've come a long way, even though lenses haven't made as dramatic a progression from the past masters beyond correcting some aberations and light falloffs and such. That being said, there's a reason why Kodak are so dearly loved and that's because they brought us the polaroid and the brownie box camera, which brought photography to the masses and inspired people to lay out a few quid and find a genuine joy. This proliferation of iPhones are the new mass camera and despite their inferior quality will lead people to not only taking great photographs but experimenting with greater and better dedicated cameras. Of course the majority will be dreck but t'was ever thus. (The 1980's probably being my least favourite decade in the long history of photography. Mindless sharpness, ugh.)

Those who unlock a love for photography through cameraphones will buy better and better and push forward. I can only see it as being win/win with the Apple iPhones.

Er, sorry mods by the way. Move this debate into Camera Gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 16:45 
Honey Boo Boo

So, PI, then. Many players use it to pay for PLEX and thus for the investment of a few hours every now and then, play for free.

I found a reasonable 0.5 system, and set myself up making Data Chips. After it had been chuntering away for about two months I finally got around to moving all the stuff to my factory planet, where it gets refined (Silicon and Industrial Fibres into Microfibre Shielding, while I make the Supertensile Plastics on the same planet where their constituant materials are produced) and made into Data Chips.

However, there's a bit of a problem. Back in March, Data Chips were worth 140,000isk each. They're now worth 50,000isk each.

It's not just Data Chips. Coolant, another good and easier commodity (a tier below Data Chips so less steps involved) has gone from being worth nearly 10k to just over 6k.

Robotics, another commodity popular alongside Data Chips, is down from 65k to 43k.

It's my own stupid fault for going into 0.5 but even if I was in lowsec, and producing more stuff, that's still a huge drop in potential moneys. Even the lovely fullerite gas clouds aren't as valuable as they once were.

WTF happened?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 17:02 
Gogmagog

The market recalibrated itself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 17:07 

MaliA wrote:
The market recalibrated itself.

Yes. Eve's fully functional economy will always self-adjust to eliminate back doors, hacks, and exploits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 17:11 
Honey Boo Boo

I understand and can accept that prices will fluctuate, it's more that a lot of things have a seen a rather precipitous drop in value, and also before the planned fiddles to mining took effect.

In any event, it's fascinating.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:37 

Had an urge to start a new account on this and work through Eve university. Seemed like a plan... 2 week trial and then I'm away for a fortnight so I can start paying towards the back end of August. I rolls new character, a Gallente. I begin and start working through the training missions and building contacts. Certain things are prohibited to training accounts, certain things one cannot do, but I establish the main ones and set a course... Building up mining and capital as many do, to establish an income stream and a low-intensity activity as a backup to whatever else I decide to do.

Yesterday I complete the ten business training missions. I am required to do some manufacturing and asked to do some other stuff by another low-level agent, all of which requires setting shit up and waiting, so I decide to go off mining. Tis goes fine, Ten after a mission I'm given a nice big hauler ship by an agent. I head back to a belt and fill a hauler's worth of jetcan with veldspar, head back to station, jump into my hauler and.... "you need to train Gallente Haulers 1".

Fine.

I buy it, try to inject it and... "you cannot train this on a trial account".

Balls. If I subscribe now, I'll miss a fortnight of the month's sub while I am away, there's no training I can queue for a fortnight yet that I want or need. I had no idea the free fortnight was quite this restrictive. It's a case of pay up or make very slow progress. Sadly I'm not about to chuck my cash about as I was a couple of years ago... It's a shame as I was really enjoying this again.

Instead, I went to have a go on PC where they've added a load of elements I really dislike such as food and those big black bastards that were all around me as soon as the game started.

This is why iOS gaming is doing so well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 13:08 
Honey Boo Boo

GovernmentYard wrote:
I buy it, try to inject it and... "you cannot train this on a trial account".

Balls. If I subscribe now, I'll miss a fortnight of the month's sub while I am away, there's no training I can queue for a fortnight yet that I want or need. I had no idea the free fortnight was quite this restrictive. It's a case of pay up or make very slow progress. Sadly I'm not about to chuck my cash about as I was a couple of years ago... It's a shame as I was really enjoying this again.

I never noticed that, but you're right. For most of those missions there's no reason why you can't move the stuff in several trips, or just buy it at the destination station and then just immediately give it to the agent.

If only you'd said you were coming back a week ago, I could have Buddy'd you and you'd have had a 21 day trial plus a Plex for me to share with you if you'd subscribed.

Quote:
Instead, I went to have a go on PC where they've added a load of elements I really dislike such as food and those big black bastards that were all around me as soon as the game started.

Minecraft, I take it. Unless you've got 'Advanced Prison Shower Simulator'...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:26 

I remember typing minecraft. iOS text editing frequently has little surprises for us. Not sure I'd thought to come back a week ago. In any case, a little less frustrating on the trial and they'd have my money but it's not to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:42 
Honey Boo Boo

If I recall, I didn't need to use an industrial until I was almost halfway through the first Epic Arc storyline (Blood-Stained Stars), and that was for one item that was too large to fit into the frigates I had been using up until that point, including all of the tutorial missions.

Tutorials are still worth doing on a new character, if only because you get a lot of skillbooks and ships for free, not to mention practice at everything and you come away with a decent variety of skills trained up too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 16:25 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Eve had it's biggest fight ever yesterday, when CFC made a final push for TEST's last chunk of Nullsec.

More than 4,000 people in one system in a fight that lasted more than five hours. Fuck yeah.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
CFC kicked ass.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 18:02 
Hello Hello Hello

Grim... wrote:
Eve had it's biggest fight ever yesterday, when CFC made a final push for TEST's last chunk of Nullsec.

More than 4,000 people in one system in a fight that lasted more than five hours. Fuck yeah.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
CFC kicked ass.

A couple of mates are right into Eve at the moment, they couldn't even be bothered to go along to watch.

Apparently the time dilation to 10% of normal speed makes it a pretty stupefying experience to even spectate, let alone get involved. (You get to press a button once every 30-90 seconds or so, if you're lucky, apparently.) On top of that the time dilation kicks in not just at the fight itself, but all surrounding systems, so just getting there literally takes hours.

As he said to me 'You're best off watching it on YouTube' (and let's be clear here, this is someone who's been playing the game on and off since it first launched).

They are dead chuffed that they've got a POS (Player Owned Station) though, it's cost them so much ISK to get properly set up that they've had to buy something like £150 (real cash monies!) worth of PLEX to sell on the ingame market, and now they have to keep putting fuel and stuff in it so that it doesn't break down.

One of them was grumbling to me the other week that he'd had to fly a load of fuel to it before coming to work because the other one hadn't done it the night before like he was supposed to.

Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next