Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty : Black Ops
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

So tomorrow for the new maps - and if you fire up the game now it'll download a patch (which i assume sets everything up) - a few new screens and updates here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 16:39 
8-Bit Champion

Achievement list

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/494

Quote:
Cryogenic Slumber Party (75G) – In Moon, complete Richtofen's grand scheme.

One Small Hack for Man (5G) – In Moon, hack something.

One Giant Leap (5G) – In Moon, become trapped in the Receiving Area and free yourself through resurrection in co-op.

Perks in Spaaaaace (30G) – In Moon, purchase every Perk in one game.

Fully Armed and Operational (25G) – In Moon, acquire 3 Pack-A-Punched weapons at the same time.

Ground Control (10G) – In Moon, prevent each excavator from breaching the base in one game.

So "Grand Scheme" is going to be another long quest thing
Hacking / leaping / ground control look to be the normal ones
Buying every perk is going to be expensive but should be do-able (if you look at the trailer there is at least one new perk to get).
*3* Pack a punch weapons at once will be good since you've previously been limited to 2 guns (however again watching the videos you can see they 'take apart' one of the big guns and its made from a ray gun plus something new which you can dual wield)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 
8-Bit Champion

A very limited time to play last night (and now i'll not be online until Monday night) so a rundown of the new Zombie maps from a single player point of view

Nacht der Untoten

The original Zombie map from COD5 , very small (3 rooms) , no perks / no pack-a-punch and the initial guns off the walls are not great *however* it does have the mystery box (which you can get to by simply opening the first door)

I made about level 7 or 8 in a quick play and the lack of perks and size of the map make it one to look at as more a curiosity rather than anything more (when you get to the slightly higher levels not having quick revive or Juggernog means you need to keep moving and a single wrong move will get the two hits to down you)

Verrückt

This is where you can see the start of the 'real' game with Perk machines , turning the power on , traps , and the mystery box. some unusual dead end setups (which you dont really get much in the modern maps) and areas where you can have multiple people covering the zombies running for a window which looks slightly odd (Zombie spawns in front of you / and then turns and runs off to the window its chosen to go to instead of the one your standing at) , again the initial gun selection is poor (I didnt grab all the wall guns but there seems to be only one SMG which is my normal weapon of choice) , but the mystery box makes up for it (I got a commando and winters howl as my first two spawn items) - also some unusual "extra's" on wall guns (some type of LMG with a stand but it didnt really do very much and cost me 2500 points to buy - i'd have been better using that in the box)

The Mystery box however is not 'shown' by any lights so when it moved from its initial spawn (in the power room) I spent ages running around trying to find it - overall a fun map and with a bit of luck from the mystery box items I made it to level 18 before I was overwhelmed.

Shi No Numa

No Revive machine at the start and 'random' spawning of the perk machines as you unlock stuff but a big open map area (and the light on above the mystery box) , I didnt play this one very long but unlocked about 3 or 4 different areas - no Pack a punch on here but the size and layout makes me think this will be a good one to play for a while (I only made around 7 or 8) - also the first of these Maps that you get the Hellhounds out on (again they drop a max ammo when you kill the last one)

Der Riese

This one starts you with the Pack-a-Punch machine right in front of you behind a barrier which you need to go off and link teleporters and computers to open , it feels much more like the normal maps in the game , and has perks / mystery box / and the pack-a-punch - I had a very short game on this (level 7) but again I think this would be a good one to put more time into (and apart from the 'old' weapons it really feels more like the more modern maps).

Moon

And this one is just a very confusing map right now - its the 'new' map and introduces lots of extras - a lot of which I dont really understand however you start in an area on earth with pack-a-punch and a random perk machine but no weapons - and the zombies start slowly and go quick about 30 seconds in - there is a teleporter which you can activate and it tells you how long you've lasted in that first section (about 40 seconds is my max).

After the teleport your on the moon in a base with no air (masks are in front of you - i missed them and died on my first game) - zombies and low gravity makes things slightly different and sounds are also very dulled.

There are little teddy bears with space helmets on (which are going to be the music easter egg) , and there are spacemen with a red name above them who will grab you and squeeze (not sure if it kills or what - It seemed to respawn me at the start but I think it used my Quick Revive for it)

Again big looking map - strange drill things to sort out and waves of Zombies - I only made level 5 or so in a quick game but i'll go back and have a look at it next week.

Overall not bad - nice to see the progression of the game and I can see a lot of fun with some of the later maps however I was really thrown off by the sound - its amazing how much you can tell whats happening around you with the sound cue's - and for these first maps they are different - the yell when a Zombie sees you and starts running is very distinctive and on a normal map when this happens I immediately start scanning around for it - but on the 'early' maps this effect is used just as a general sound in the background which freaked me out for a while

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 16:14 
Nice run down of the maps. Moon sounds interesting.

Im unsure if I'll get them however with the new one coming out in only a few months and it being 20quid here and stupid region locking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 23:55 
8-Bit Champion

So more games of Zombies tonight - and I downloaded the soundtrack (strange way to do it - you get the Soundtrack and a Zombies theme with the latest map pack but for the theme you need to go into the in game shop to select it - for the soundtrack you need to go to multiplayer Zombies , wait a few seconds for the menu option to pop and then select the soundtrack , you get a code to go to your PC on to download the soundtrack as a zipped set of MP3's)

Anyway - up to around 55 seconds in the first area (which gets around 3000 points and enough to buy the perk which spawns there) and I've now played a few games of multiplayer and found the 'hacker' item (so you can hack doors to open them cheaply and hack other stuff for bargains however its a choice between hacker and a spacesuit!) and the new wonder-weapon which is two laserguns which you can join together for a bigger gun and works really well un-pack-a-punched.

I also got a bit of a shock on the other spacemen Zombies , because in solo play they were just random names , in multiplayer they take on the names from people on the Host's Friends list so I had

(apologies for the shaky pictures - no pause when your playing online and I do need to avoid these things as they are trying to kill me)

Grim...

Ramsea

And Gospvg

Moon definitely has a lot of play in there - and theres so much going on (including large drills which start to cut off parts of the base your standing in)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 14:39 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

That 'Random name from your friends list' thing also happens on the MP training maps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 18:03 
8-Bit Champion

A few good games of Zombies with Nickachu and Cookie over the last few days and it will be easier to put this here than go over it in the chat

For the first 10 levels any weapon is fine - i pick up the first SMG I can get to and thats my weapon - rather than pump money into the mystery box i go for Juggernog as quickly as possible.

From 10 onwards it becomes more tricky , most wall weapons will still kill but not up close and take multiple shots - you really want either a pack-a-punched weapon or something good from the mystery box

If you can get to the upgraded knife before level 10 its a 1 hit kill but its difficult to do on most maps other than call of the dead.

From around level 18 your going to run out of ammo for most box guns in a single round so a pack-a-punched wall gun plus something nice from the box is your best option or get the zombies to follow you and spring a trap (no points but you can stand at the other side and spray them with a wall gun for points)

Mystery box is also good for monkey bombs (to distract the zombies while you revive someone else) or Gershe devices (again to revive)

The best gun , and the one which still works even at the higher levels is the thundergun , since it doesnt actually damage the zombies it just blows them out the way - the issues with it are the slow reload time , and the low number of 'bullets' - if you get it then use the ammo on it and pack-a-punch it to get the Zeus cannon

Pack-a-punched items which don't obviously make sense but work well are crossbow (the arrow beeps which attracts all the zombies like a monkey bomb and there is an achievement for sticking another player with one and downing 6 zombies with the blast) and the Ballistic knife (one hit kills up to around 14 or 15 - you can also grab the upgraded knife and dual wield and if you fire the knife at a downed player they are instantly revived - again for an achievement)

The best I've done is 30 which was just 2 players and we both had the raygun , and I had the Winters Howl (freezes zombies) - he had the Thundergun - at that stage its just staying as far away from the zombies and leading them round the map while shooting and springing the traps on them

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 13:57 
Those were some fun games. The really long game we had was fun, basically just the last few rounds me and cookie just getting knocked down at the start and then zaphod doing everything. Good fun.

That was by far the furtherst I've got however, but with the games I had with just zaphod we both managed to get pack a punch and survive quite til level 15 or so. But after that it still seems pretty hard. Shame I don't have the other zombie maps. But with the new CoD out soon there's no real point for me :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 14:38 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
But after that it still seems pretty hard. Shame I don't have the other zombie maps. But with the new CoD out soon there's no real point for me :(

Yeah I was going to suggest the cheapest way for you would be a set of points from the UK added and then buying multiple map packs and dumping them on a 4 gig usb drive (although the time to do that would have been when Bobby was going over) - I guess it will be a case of waiting to see what MW3 brings in the spec ops thing but i doubt it will be as good as Zombies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:06 
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:
But after that it still seems pretty hard. Shame I don't have the other zombie maps. But with the new CoD out soon there's no real point for me :(

Yeah I was going to suggest the cheapest way for you would be a set of points from the UK added and then buying multiple map packs and dumping them on a 4 gig usb drive (although the time to do that would have been when Bobby was going over) - I guess it will be a case of waiting to see what MW3 brings in the spec ops thing but i doubt it will be as good as Zombies.

Bobby is coming back again at the end of october(I think) but by then BF3 will be out and MW3 will be out in about a week after.

The spec ops looks really good IMO, but seems more of a Horde mode with killstreaks. But still could be really good fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:23 
Sleepyhead

I got a lot more joy out of Spec Ops in MW2 than I did out of Zombies in Black Ops.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:30 
Curiosity wrote:
I got a lot more joy out of Spec Ops in MW2 than I did out of Zombies in Black Ops.

Yeah... but you went and had a baby before we all started playing with zaphod and his awesomeness. Come and play with us now and you'll see how fun it is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:38 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:

Spec Ops on MW2 really didnt click for me at all , there are some nice ideas but i basically got a star on most of them and couldnt work out what to do when things started to progress (that may be more my fault than the games).

Zombies starts off slow but you open up more and more of it and face off against increasing numbers of enemies with bigger and better weapons + there are some basic quest mechanics to get into.

A lot of people seem to have tried Zombies - spent a few goes in the first room with the first 3 guns and thats it - there is a great deal of depth , planning and teamwork (which is why a lot of it works out better with people you know rather than randoms).

I really like the risk / reward balance of it - every kill gets you points , but headshots and knife kills are worth so much more than anything else - but leave you more exposed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:53 
I didn't like the zombies when I first started it, but there is as zaphod said a great deal of depth to it.
Most of the play throughs on the same levels end in the same sort of way, but you usually get different guns from the mystery box which makes it more interesting. Getting the power on and getting the perks (juggs) makes it a lot easier and a lot more fun as you actually can survive a fair bit before you get overrun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 18:51 

Hi!

My favourite part of zombies is just playing it with people really, well. more, "i'm dead and zaphods running around killing the zombies", but you get the point. Almost every game i play is diffirent, i buy diffirent guns, and kill more zombies (hopefully) i'm still rubbish at it though. For the past week or so i've played it (nearly) every night with zaphod. when i first started playing it, i wasnt sure about it, but like zaphod says, after you get into it- it does become a lot funner and better. ANd, i got all my firend hooked on it as well, 2 of my firends didnt like it at first, but after a few levels, they started to like it as well. one of my friends used to say "i dont want to play zombies". Now, every time i go on and he's on, he's always saying "can we play zombies?!"

Right, wasted enough of your time, bye.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 23:21 
8-Bit Champion

So glitch video for the door on call of the dead

And Cookie was asking about the mission for Call of the dead - i've done it single player which is on here :

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Origin ... rs_Trapped

So for single player after you've turned on the power :

The first step is to find a fuse. After listening to the conversation, go upstairs to the room with PhD Flopper. It will be either on the desk next to or across PhD Flopper or by the corner of the locker. Once obtained, go back to the door and insert it in the fuse box to the right of the door. After speaking to the crew the player must knife the door.

After the first step is completed, there is now light in the room allowing the Original Characters to finally see. While discussing, Nikolai activates the MDT security system, not knowing what it would do. The player must destroy four generators, signaled by four glowing red orbs, disabling the MDT security system. This can be done with any explosive device.
(I did it with the crossbow)

Generator Locations:

Across from the locked door where the original characters are (this is likely to show the player what they look like).
Outside of the left window in the Stamin-Up building.
Over the left railing of the ship near Double Tap Root Beer.
In between the second ship and the spawn area, on the right side between two ice shelves.

In the control room (the room with the power switch) set the steering wheel to the 5 o'clock position (move the wheel so the brown handle faces 5 o'clock), pull the first lever once, and the third lever three times (from left to right). A foghorn is heard, then a submarine will surface and shine a mysterious green light that will then reflect into the lighthouse.

Use the V-R11 on a zombie, and instead of running into a water pool, he will run into the bottom of the lighthouse and into the green light. The player must kill him before he reaches the top. Take the Golden Rod that appears and insert it into the ear tube next to the door just like the vodka in Co-op.

Use the knife on the fusebox to fix it, ending the easter egg (the player has to wait for the characters' dialog to finish). The player will then receive the Wunderwaffe DG-2 as the Lightning Bolt power-up.

The hardest bit was getting the VR11 since it was just piling up points and hitting the mystery box.

For multiplayer its a bit more complex :

First Step

The first step is to find a fuse. After listening to the conversation, knife the door then go upstairs to the room with PhD Flopper. It will be either on the desk next to or across PhD Flopper or in the corner of the locker. Once obtained, go back to the door and insert it in the fuse box next to the door.

Second Step

After the first step is completed, there is now light in the room allowing the Original Characters to finally see. While discussing, Nikolai activates the MDT security system, not knowing what it would do. The player must destroy four generators, signaled by four glowing red orbs, disabling the MDT security system. This can be done by any explosive device, although the remote location of two of the orbs makes the M72 LAW and the Crossbow the most useful weapons to destroy them.

Generator Locations:

Across from the locked door where the original characters are (this is likely to show the player what they look like).
Outside of the left window in the Stamin-Up building.
Over the left railing of the ship near Double Tap Root Beer.
In between the second ship and the spawn area, on the right side between two ice shelves.

Third Step

After completing the second step, Nikolai asks for some vodka. The player can find the vodka in multiple places. Usually it appears at the front of the lighthouse, outside of the door where the mystery box spawns. It can also spawn on the stairway leading down from the mystery box to the PhD Flopper room. It may spawn on the first ship, just on the right of the stairs on the second floor, above the MPL.

It can also spawn on the first ship, on the ledge before the player jumps into the second ship. One Player has to stand under the Vodka bottle ready to pick it, while the other player knifes it causing it to fall down. If the player fails to catch the bottle, another one will respawn at a different place.

Fourth Step

The player must set the security dials in the lighthouse to its proper code. There is a dial on each level, the code being 2746 from top to bottom. This is a annoying task for the player to complete, because when a dial is changed, the ones below and above it will increase by one. To get the dials to become 2746 these simple steps must be followed. The dials to start out randomly. The colors of the dials from top to bottom are Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Purple on bottom. Because of ambient lighting conditions, the bottom dial may not appear as purple on first sight. The steps are:

Turn the Yellow dial to 2.
Turn the Blue dial until orange is set to 7.
Turn the Purple dial to 6.
Turn the Orange dial until blue is set to 4.
Turn the Yellow dial to 2, again.

The final result should have 2 on the Yellow dial, 7 on the Orange dial, 4 on the Blue dial and 6 on the Purple dial.

Note: If the dials aren't correct just redo the turns again and they should fix themselves.

Fifth Step

Four Morse Code radios must be activated in the correct order. The Morse Code radios in the correct order:

The radio under the power room, on top of a cabinet on the right side.
The radio located next to Stamin-Up, on top of the barrel.
The radio near the back of the second ship, where the player can buy Semtex grenades. It is inside the train cart next to a window on the right hand side.
The radio under the steps going to the door where the original characters are trapped, on top of a cabinet

Sixth Step

In the control room, or where the power is,pull the first lever once, and the third lever three times,(located next to the radio), then set the steering wheel in the power room to the 5 o'clock position (move the wheel so the brown handle faces 5 o'clock, the player can simply do this by turning the wheel twice)

Seventh Step

The sound created by the foghorn must be matched using the foghorns around the lighthouse. The foghorn from the sub can be best heard from the end of the lighthouse zipline; however the player does not even need to hear it because the order is the same every single time. This has been confirmed multiple times. The sub will NOT disappear if the player takes too long. It will stay there for as many rounds needed. It gives the player time to get some Ray Guns and a V-R11 (The V-R11 is required for the next step). The order below is the correct order. If the player messes up the order, or the sub will not appear, simply start the next round and it will reset. In order to activate the foghorns, press and hold X or the Square Button, for the Xbox 360 or PS3 respectively.

The Foghorn Locations in order are:

At the base of the lighthouse, next to the pool of water.
After the slide to Speed Cola , around the right side of the corner in the water.
At the base of the lighthouse, on the left hand side next to the building.
After the slide to Speed Cola, behind the huge rock in the center.

Eighth Step
The Golden Rod.

Use the V-R11 and shoot a zombie close to the lighthouse, he will run into the bottom of the lighthouse and into the green light at the staircase. It is a lot easier if the player has two crawlers before they do this. Shoot one of the crawlers to get the rod but keep the other so that the next round will not start. Otherwise the player will be overrun by zombies and may not get the achievement/trophy. He will slowly start to float up, during this the players must shoot him until he stops moving. A lot of damage has to be done to him, which is why it's useful for the players to have ray guns or LMGs. After this, the Golden Rod will appear at the bottom of the Lighthouse. Take the Golden Rod and insert it into the ear tube next to the door just like the vodka bottle.

Final Step

Use the knife on the fuse box to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 23:52 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

zaphod79 wrote:

Did Joans create this level?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

So tonight for around 90 minutes cookie and I went through this - and at the end I put the rod into the slot and got downed by a zombie then cookie rushed in to knife the fuse and he got downed - while the 'game over' was on the screen the achievement popped :-)

So *next* time we kill george we'll get wonderwaffles instead of deathmachines

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:48 

zaphod79 wrote:
Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

So tonight for around 90 minutes cookie and I went through this - and at the end I put the rod into the slot and got downed by a zombie then cookie rushed in to knife the fuse and he got downed - while the 'game over' was on the screen the achievement popped :-)
So *next* time we kill george we'll get wonderwaffles instead of deathmachines

Next time? Oh. Goodie.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
If we're going to kill george again, you'll have to come on earlier :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:

Yeah well for 'we killed George' (i'd done it before Cookie had not) I hit him with 8 semtex grenades , pumped 500 bullets from a HK-11 into him , pack a punched it and then put 750 bullets from it into him , and about 100 from a pack-a-punched commando

Cookie stood a long way off and occasionally shot at him with an un-pack-a-punched MPk5

We should also have got wonderwaffles for completing the mission - however since we were both dead we didnt :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 14:16 

zaphod79 wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Yeah well for 'we killed George' (i'd done it before Cookie had not) I hit him with 8 semtex grenades , pumped 500 bullets from a HK-11 into him , pack a punched it and then put 750 bullets from it into him , and about 100 from a pack-a-punched commando

Cookie stood a long way off and occasionally shot at him with an un-pack-a-punched MPk5

We should also have got wonderwaffles for completing the mission - however since we were both dead we didnt :-)

Hey! i emptyed a un-pack-a-punched MP5k, 4 semtex and half a Pack-a-punched AK47U into george!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 
Gogmagog

I'm late to teh aprty as ever, but I managed to spend some time playing this last night. I've really enjoyed it so far, it's brilliant nonsense fun, with lots of big explosions, and you get to blow up loads of stuff. I especially enjoyed
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
blowing up a space rocket, and being driven around in a jeep launching grenades at people
. It's probably going to be depressingly short, but there we go. Love it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 
8-Bit Champion

So an odd thing noticed last night when playing one of the early Zombie maps - turned a corner and the Mule perk machine was there - started up another and its on there as well so it looks like they have went back and updated some (all?) the maps with the Mule perk machine.

(If you dont know Mule costs 4000 points and lets you carry 3 guns) - i did try to pack a punch 3 guns without really reading the achivement and didnt realise you had to do it on moon (i did it on Kino Der Toten)

Ah - from the call of duty wiki

Quote:
In the update that took place on September 27th, Mule Kick is now available on all Maps for Xbox 360 and PS3. PC update is unknown at this time.

Kino der Toten - In the portrait room, next to the PM63 room, near the stair case.
"Five" - In the war room, against the back wall.
Nacht der Untoten - In the starting room. To the left of the M1 Carbine.
Verrückt - In the corner of the Thompson room.
Shi No Numa - In the starting room, to the left of the Gewehr 43.
Der Riese - In the Thompson room, near the box location.
Ascension - Underneath the Speed Cola room, next to a barrier.
Call of the Dead - At the back of the ship, near the Semtex bag .
Shangri-La - In the waterfall area near the box location.
Moon - Outside, near the teleporter to Area 51, and where the AK-74u can be purchased.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 
Excellent Member

I have entered this thread (f'nar, etc) for the first time to let you know that a local pub is holding a Black Ops tournament tomorrow (7pm). "£1 entry, winner takes all".

Don't say I don't contribute to this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:56 
Alarm wrote:
I have entered this thread (f'nar, etc) for the first time to let you know that a local pub is holding a Black Ops tournament tomorrow (7pm). "£1 entry, winner takes all".

Don't say I don't contribute to this thread.

I can't make it :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 
8-Bit Champion

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23455688/

Perhaps not always good to gloat in online games if you know the person (or where they live)

Quote:
A MIDDLE-aged man carried out a real-life revenge attack on the teenager who killed his character in an online video game.

Mark Bradford, 46, saw red when the boy gloated after gunning him down while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

A court heard how Bradford stormed out of his bedsit and assaulted the 13-year-old who was playing the war game at a friend’s home nearby.

The pal’s mum had to come to the terrified boy’s rescue after Bradford marched into the front room and grabbed the boy’s throat with both hands.

The lad, who cannot be identified, said last night: “I was just sat playing. We’d had a bit of a joke and then he stormed in and grabbed me. I didn’t know what was going on.”

Jobless Bradford and the teenager had been playing the violent game on PlayStations and were talking to each other on microphones over the internet.

Plymouth magistrates heard that the dad-of-three walked away without saying a word after the attack in July. The victim was left with a scratch. His mum, 33, said last night: “It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenceless child like this.

“If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games.

“I know Mark and went straight round when I found out what had happened. I was fuming. But rather than have it out with him I got the police involved.”

Bradford, of St Budeaux, Plymouth, admitted assault and was freed on bail to be sentenced on October 24.

He said yesterday: “I’d been playing the whole day and he was baiting me and just would not shut up.

“I just lost it. In a moment of madness I went round to the house. I didn’t know what I was going to do.

“It wasn’t malice. I just grabbed him. I’ve seen him since and apologised. The injuries weren’t that bad but I do regret it.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 15:29 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

[quote]the 13-year-old who ... just would not shut up.

[quote]

hmmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 15:31 
Ready for action

Bobbyaro wrote:
Quote:
the 13-year-old who ... just would not shut up.

Quote:

hmmmm.

He didn't tell me he was nearly strangled ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 16:34 
Sleepyhead

At least we now know zaphod's real name...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 
8-Bit Champion

Black ops Zombies for the iPhone / Ipad

A little expensive and limited at the moment to a single map + a bit of pop in for some of the textures at a distance but it does play a reasonable game and apart from the musical easter egg / Mule perk / a small change to the map between the theater and main room its pretty much all there

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-of- ... 63940?mt=8

Review : http://www.intomobile.com/2011/11/30/ca ... pressions/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 

zaphod79 wrote:
Black ops Zombies for the iPhone / Ipad

A little expensive and limited at the moment to a single map + a bit of pop in for some of the textures at a distance but it does play a reasonable game and apart from the musical easter egg / Mule perk / a small change to the map between the theater and main room its pretty much all there

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-of- ... 63940?mt=8

Review : http://www.intomobile.com/2011/11/30/ca ... pressions/

Is Ascension still *Coming Soon*?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:

Yes - although remember that its only about 2 months old so i think they *will* release something extra and I think Ascension would be good on that engine - the only problem points are going to be the areas where there are long views (so the train lander area back to the first section or the train lander to the pack-a-punch machine)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 14:14 

zaphod79 wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:

Yes - although remember that its only about 2 months old so i think they *will* release something extra and I think Ascension would be good on that engine - the only problem points are going to be the areas where there are long views (so the train lander area back to the first section or the train lander to the pack-a-punch machine)

If Ascension if coming, then i may just buy the app. I have resisted because it's only got Kino and Dead Ops, but if it's going to have Ascension (and maybe more) in the future, then i might just buy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 18:19 
8-Bit Champion

This years Call of Duty title to be "Call of Duty : Black Ops 2" (or BLOPS2) ?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/09/repor ... kops2-com/

Quote:
Activision, by proxy, has bought BlackOps2.com. Fusible did the detective work on this, which posits Activision bought up Black Ops domains last year -- up to Black Ops 6 -- through brand protection company MarkMonitor. Black Ops 2 domains were missing from the previous list, but it appears that's being rectified.

Now, none of this guarantees that Black Ops 2 is on the way as this year's Call of Duty, but it does mean that MarkMonitor is under orders to protect the brand for the future.

Call of Duty: Black Ops had a record-breaking debut of $650 million in sales during its first week at retail in 2010, which it held for one year until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 crushed that with $775 million.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/71878/ ... activision

Quote:
Report: Black Ops 2 domain re-acquired by Activision
by Andrew Yoon, Jan 09, 2012 8:15am PST