Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 30
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 17:00 

£1,000 a month?! Sheeeeeeeeit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 17:03 
Hibernating Druid

That's a lot of kippers.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 17:21 
Isn't that lovely?

sometimes I wonder about my friends

Friend one on facebook today: 10 days until my birthday, woohoo

Friend two on facebook today: Is your birthday on the 6th?

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 17:24 
Hibernating Druid

Could be his 6th birthday.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 18:06 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

flis wrote:
over £1000/month on groceries.

Cripes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 18:36 
Comfortably Dumb

Just having a browse of Sega stuff on Ebay and there's this thing from Sega Toys...

Attachment:
robobaby.png

Stuff of nightmares, that is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 18:55 
Gogmagog

Malabelm wrote:
Decca wrote:
I'm not going to do a comedy reply to that because I suspect MrsA could have me in a fight.

She's tiny, but by god she's terrifying.

Oh boy, are you in trouble now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 19:55 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

MaliA wrote:

Oh boy, are you in trouble now.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 19:55 
INFINITE POWAH

Is MrsA coming to the BeexBeeQue? Will she be able to light the BBQs with her stare?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 20:22 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Is MrsA coming to the BeexBeeQue? Will she be able to light the BBQs with her stare?

No, but chilling beer isn't going to be a problem. And, also, oh boy, are you in trouble, now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 20:23 
INFINITE POWAH

Hi MrsA! :)

In all honesty, Mali, and without being weird, I am hugely looking forward to meeting both you and your husband.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 20:33 
Gogmagog

Feet of clay, mate, feet of clay.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 20:41 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

Mr Kissyfur wrote:

I was going to thank you for taking some of the heat off me, but I soon realised there's no chance of you turning up anyway. Now you've made her extra mad, and all the attention will be on me. I hate you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:06 

Some days, eh? On second date with lovely girl, riddled with cold, nose like a coke fiend and that nose has now decided to start pissing blood. Am currently in pub loos mopping up my bloody nose.

How do I salvage this Mali?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:10 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
Some days, eh? On second date with lovely girl, riddled with cold, nose like a coke fiend and that nose has now decided to start pissing blood. Am currently in pub loos mopping up my bloody nose.

Wear a red shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:12 
Gogmagog

Mop up the blood, then Vaseline inside your nose. Reapply every three minutes and spit into a bucket.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:15 
Gogmagog

MaliA wrote:
Mop up the blood, then Vaseline inside your nose. Reapply every three minutes and spit into a bucket.

Hang on, that's from when I was a boxing second.

Ern, be honest. When you explain, look her in the eye, then look away, down and to the side, exhaling and slightly smiling. Look back from he corner of your eye and say something cool. Not like "This'll be something to tell the kids".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:28 
Bad Girl

Has anyone on here gone Airsoft(ing)?

I'm going The Embassey in Leicester with a friend and haven't a clue what it's all about. Presumably it's like paintballing without the paint. And indoors.

Does it hurt? What is suitable attire? What kind of guns do you get? Etc *clueless*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:31 
Gogmagog

gazChap is the man, I think. And dinner jacket.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I had a (very odd) mate who spent years building a working Airsoft GE Minigun.
From reports, it hurts as much as paintball (normal paintball, not stag night paintball, bastards) but is much less messy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 21:49 
Bad Girl

Apparently I've got a hire package which includes eye pro, ammo, spare mags and a G36c. Wasn't that in MW2? There's a couple of youtube videos of the place and it looks like cracking fun! But sounds painful. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 22:24 

People wrote:
discussion about Airsoft

Remember: any tactic other than a close tight line of two ranks is cheating

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 22:53 
Excellent Member

Ian Fairies wrote:
Apparently I've got a hire package which includes eye pro, ammo, spare mags and a G36c. Wasn't that in MW2? There's a couple of youtube videos of the place and it looks like cracking fun! But sounds painful. :(

For some reason all I can hear is my mother's voice saying:

"Well don't get hit then"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 23:21 
Gogmagog

I want to know how Zio's date ended.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 23:30 

Well, I survived the bloody nose, but cannot comment on how successful the rest of the night went. Hmm.

Damn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 23:54 
Noob as of 6/8/10

flis wrote:
You know what I found out last night? That we spend £500/month more than we earn and over £1000/month on groceries.

The 2 maybe related.

Also: This may explain why I need to diet.

Also also: We have a credit card that will take us 12 years to repay and cost us £5500 in interest alone.

Heh. The things you discover when you're bored!

I hate it when that happens.

Sounds like you're not a natural budgeter. Your basic problem is that there's too much month left at the end of the money. Perhaps you need to have a look at Martin's Money Saving Tips at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 23:56 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
Well, I survived the bloody nose, but cannot comment on how successful the rest of the night went. Hmm.

Damn.

Did you bag a third date?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 0:44 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Quote:
£1000/month on groceries

8)

How?

I thought I was being extravagant with about £60 a week, including booze.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 0:51 

Ian Fairies wrote:
Does it hurt? What is suitable attire? What kind of guns do you get? Etc *clueless*

Suitable attire - anything, basically. Depending on the game you might be better off with some sort of camouflage gear, but if it's indoors you can probably blend in just as well with jeans and a jacket.

It won't hurt. It's not like paintball, the pellets hit you, and you feel them, but unless they're at point blank range and hitting bare skin they won't do any damage. The place you go to should have rules about shooting point-blank, probably a "bang rule" (whereby if someone is close enough to you that they might hurt you, instead of shooting you they just say "bang" instead, and that counts.)

Chances are you'll be given a full-face mask as part of your rental stuff, so no worries about being hit in the face. If you only get given eye protection, that's still not too much of a problem - indoors most people will be aiming for your torso anyway. DO NOT take off your face/eye protection while you're still in the game zone, unless a marshal says you can.

Your G36C will be an AEG - automatic electric gun. It'll have a safe mode, a semi-auto mode, and a full-auto mode. Fire in short bursts on full-auto, no point wasting ammo. The pellets will go plenty far enough indoors, and with no wind you can aim better.

The magazine(s) will almost certainly be "hicap" mags. You can tell this because they'll have a wheel on the bottom to wind the spring with. To fill up the mag, you open up the hatch on the top and literally pour the BBs in. When it's nearly full, close the hatch, wind the wheel at the bottom until a BB appears at the top of the opening, then wind on a bit more. Slap it in your gun and you're ready to shoot.

If they're not hicap mags, loading can be more of a pain - I'll be very surprised if they're not.

Right... game etiquette...

There's no paint, so no mess, and no visible marker when you're hit. Having said that, if you get hit (and you will know), don't be "that guy" that just carries on playing. The entire game revolves around players being honest. If you're hit, call it out (shout "HIT!") so your attacker knows to stop shooting at you, and then either walk out of the playing area, or back to the respawn point (they'll explain the hit procedure to you I expect)

Don't deliberately aim for the head. If all you can see is someone's head, fair enough, but if you can see a bigger target, aim for it.

Tactics: Indoors, there aren't really many viable ones unless the game is a "one hit and you're out" style game. If there's respawns, people will take risks to get a kill so tactics go out of the window. Just have fun, I guess!

Oh, and one last thing - make sure your phone is on silent. Last thing you want is to be sneaking up on someone ready to pop 'em from behind only for your girlfriend to send you a text message and for the Metal Gear Solid codec sound to blare out from your top pocket, causing the guy in front to whip round and shoot you before you can get a shot off yourself.

If you've got any other questions, let me know ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 0:53 

MaliA wrote:
Zio wrote:

Damn.

I think so. She's sent me a text since I posted that and I'm feeling a bit more positive about it now. Basically, in short: brilliant date, we went to the pub, had a couple of drinks, went to an Indian, had a nice meal, lots of chatting, lots of laughs, no awkward silences... perfect.

However, at the end of the night, she was clearly only interested in a kiss on the cheek and a quick hug, nothing more. So I was feeling a bit "wuh?" about the whole thing. But, let's recap: I have a really bad cold and during the pub part of the evening, my nose detonated into a blood volcano, resulting in me spending a good ten minutes, possibly more, in the pub loos trying to get the bastard to stop. Really not attractive. And the cold is such that I'm coughing and spluttering like I have a 60-a-day smoking habit. So maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to get too close.

Anyway, her text basically thanked me for another lovely evening, said she'd had a lot of fun and that she hopes to see me again soon. I think if I was sending a text to someone I wasn't interested in seeing again, I'd maybe have left that last part out. So I guess we'll see. Definitely I'd like to see her, she's really, really nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 0:55 

Zio wrote:
Anyway, her text basically thanked me for another lovely evening, said she'd had a lot of fun and that she hopes to see me again soon.

In like Flynn :metul:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:06 

GazChap wrote:
Zio wrote:
Anyway, her text basically thanked me for another lovely evening, said she'd had a lot of fun and that she hopes to see me again soon.

I hope so! This is always the worst part with this shit isn't it, when you're left analysing it all with no real idea of how everything went.

Incidentally, I handled the nosebleed by coming back from the loos and saying it was a bit like that bit in Wayne's World where Wayne tells Garth "I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be". Which didn't result in her walking off, so hey. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:
Zio wrote:

Wear a red shirt.

POTW.

MaliA wrote:
No, but chilling beer isn't going to be a problem.

Just stick it between ("A random female Beexer's" - Ed) legs.

Zio wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Zio wrote:

I hope so! This is always the worst part with this shit isn't it, when you're left analysing it all with no real idea of how everything went.

Tell her that you promise to be less ill next time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:22 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Zio wrote:

Damn.

I think so. She's sent me a text since I posted that and I'm feeling a bit more positive about it now. Basically, in short: brilliant date, we went to the pub, had a couple of drinks, went to an Indian, had a nice meal, lots of chatting, lots of laughs, no awkward silences... perfect.

However, at the end of the night, she was clearly only interested in a kiss on the cheek and a quick hug, nothing more. So I was feeling a bit "wuh?" about the whole thing. But, let's recap: I have a really bad cold and during the pub part of the evening, my nose detonated into a blood volcano, resulting in me spending a good ten minutes, possibly more, in the pub loos trying to get the bastard to stop. Really not attractive. And the cold is such that I'm coughing and spluttering like I have a 60-a-day smoking habit. So maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to get too close.

Anyway, her text basically thanked me for another lovely evening, said she'd had a lot of fun and that she hopes to see me again soon. I think if I was sending a text to someone I wasn't interested in seeing again, I'd maybe have left that last part out. So I guess we'll see. Definitely I'd like to see her, she's really, really nice.

1) Did you text back? A three day wait is industry standard.
2) Wouldn't worry about only getting a hug and peck on the cheek you blooded snot monster.
3) Rest of the date sounds pretty pro, nice one.
4) Don't ask for another date, tell them they are going on one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 

If I were Beex King, I'd clearly appoint Mali as my chief advisor, at least when he's not fucking about being some sort of space-Walter Raleigh.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 
Excellent Member

And now I've got a picture of him wearing a giant ruff when he plays Eve, inconveniently obscuring the lower toolbars on the screen.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 
Gogmagog

Zio wrote:
If I were Beex King, I'd clearly appoint Mali as my chief advisor, at least when he's not fucking about being some sort of space-Walter Raleigh.

Happy to help. The back of my iPod says "Malicious Afterthought - Grand Vizier' doncha know.

I'm currently early awaiting (an old friend - Ed)'s article on venture capitalism, should be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:56 
Excellent Member

sinister agent wrote:
Quote:
£1000/month on groceries

8)

How?

I thought I was being extravagant with about £60 a week, including booze.

I'm not 100% on how it happens, which is also part of the problem! The big shop costs between £120 and £200/week, depending on how low cupboard stocks get and when I buy cleaning products/bathroom stuff. I try to buy that kind of thing when it's on offer (I am picky when it comes to shampoo and conditioner, though) and get enough to last at least a month. Then there's all the times you pop to the shop for a pint and a loaf and spend £50 before you know it. All on things you don't need.

The weekly booze bill is between £16 and £20.

Warhead wrote:
Sounds like you're not a natural budgeter. Your basic problem is that there's too much month left at the end of the money. Perhaps you need to have a look at Martin's Money Saving Tips at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

We are in the process of sorting through our finances. I say 'we' I mean 'I'. It is not fun. But I'm hoping to have a budget to work to by the end of the week, which will include a shopping budget of £360/month.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 
Gogmagog

Those short trips to the shops are killers. Say I need a packet of mince, a tin of tomatoes and an onion. Invariably, I'll come back with 500g mince, 4 tins of tomoatoes, 4 onions, 3 cloves ofgarlic, one pint red milk, onepint green milk, newspaper, bunch of flowers and a pineapple. So that £4 becomes £20. It's worse if I go Lidl. Yesterday, I went in for a lemon. I came out with 4 lemons, 5 packets of anti sneezing tablets, a pair of corner shelves, 10 chicken thighs and some rye bread. I know that I won't eat the rye bread, even though I like it, a lot, and there's nowhere to put the shelves as MrsA doesn't like them (They were £3.74 for two). So, that 99pence or whatever ended up being ten times as much. As it is, I hate supermarket shopping, so much prefer to get things delivered, as it prevents us from saying "this is on offer" and buying more stuff than we really need (example, if we don't have crisps in the house, I don't think about them,ever. If we do, I'm om nom nom a packet a day). Lord knows what it will be like if/when (like I've got a choice in this matter) we hve children, as I'd probably go to lidl and spend £34 on an arc welding set, as 'it could be a useful skill for Portia to learn' when popping in for a lemon or something, bringing the multiple up to 34x whatthat tip should have cost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Portia is Brutus' harlot, not his wife.

Bear that in mind when naming children.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 
Gogmagog

Thank you, I've not read that one.

Principally, I just want people to ask her why she's named after a car.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 
INFINITE POWAH

MaliA wrote:

Eh? Portia is pronounced "porsh-a", unlike "Porsche", which isn't. Fool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 
INFINITE POWAH

Malabelm wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

I was going to thank you for taking some of the heat off me, but I soon realised there's no chance of you turning up anyway. Now you've made her extra mad, and all the attention will be on me. I hate you.

Ahhahaha, yes. Just saw this.

Mrs K is already organising my packing for me. I'm only away for one night, for goodness' sake. So, anyway, you can rest assured that Ithe robot body double I employed for Manchester, you know, the one whose batteries ran out quite early, will be coming.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
MaliA wrote:

That's what her older sister, Mercedes, would say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:17 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Malabelm wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Ahhahaha, yes. Just saw this.

Mrs K is already organising my packing for me. I'm only away for one night, for goodness' sake. So, anyway, you can rest assured that Ithe robot body double I employed for Manchester, you know, the one whose batteries ran out quite early, will be coming.

Hope she doesn't PM Grim... with concerns for your whereabouts and questioning your navigational skills and sugeest that you're probably in a pub, working out where you should be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 
INFINITE POWAH

MaliA wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
MaliA wrote:

That's what her older sister, Mercedes, would say.

I kept giggling throughout Pan's Labyrinth when they called her "Merthedeeth". Sounded like Igor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 
INFINITE POWAH

MaliA wrote:
Hope she doesn't PM Grim... with concerns for your whereabouts and questioning your navigational skills and sugeest that you're probably in a pub, working out where you should be.

Ah ha, yes, I remember that being mentioned. Top stuff.

No, she won't do that.

She might call Craster, though, and tell him to make me stop drinking.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 
Awesome
Yes

flis: that http://www.resourcefulcook.com site that Nemmie told us all about could save your life finances.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 
Excellent Member

MaliA wrote:
Lots of things about shopping, with added arc welding. And something about a harlot.

Yes, I do the shopping online and when I review the basket before I go to the checkout, there never seems to be anything in there that I think we could really do without. Obviously, there is. If I'm making chilli or lasagne or something, do I really need steak mince? No, lean beef mince will be more than adequate. Do I really need a £6 bottle of vanilla extract? No, a 98p bottle of vanilla essence is fine for cakes. £12 quilted toilet paper? No. I know I have loads of meat in the freezer, too. But I always forget to take it out...

The rate they eat (without pausing for breath, it seems) they wouldn't taste the difference between the value own brand food and the branded or premium range food.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

flis wrote:
If I'm making chilli or lasagne or something, do I really need steak mince? No, lean beef mince will be more than adequate.

FURIOUS BOILING OUTRAGE.

Lean mince is for feeding to pets, and nothing else.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 60  Next