Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty : Black Ops
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 17:45 

Urgh, I'll tell you the problem with Bad Company 2. First up, Vietnam is a separate thing altogether, and as such, which do I play when I load the game up? I can't decide, so I just wind up playing neither. Also, I haven't played it for a few months and in the store they're up to VIP Map Pack 7, there's premium DLC there that adds more game modes, etc. What the hell am I supposed to download? Am I missing out by not buying the premium new game modes? What's new? What's old? Where were we up to the last time I played?

It's a big confusing mess. Things have been stuck on it from all angles. It's the Buckaroo of video games. Too stressful. I'll just play CODBLOPS until Battlefield 3 comes along.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 18:17 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

WTB wrote:
Urgh, I'll tell you the problem with Bad Company 2. First up, Vietnam is a separate thing altogether, and as such, which do I play when I load the game up? I can't decide, so I just wind up playing neither. Also, I haven't played it for a few months and in the store they're up to VIP Map Pack 7, there's premium DLC there that adds more game modes, etc. What the hell am I supposed to download? Am I missing out by not buying the premium new game modes? What's new? What's old? Where were we up to the last time I played?

It's a big confusing mess. Things have been stuck on it from all angles. It's the Buckaroo of video games. Too stressful. I'll just play CODBLOPS until Battlefield 3 comes along.

Fuck knows. I have the free map pack something something, and nothing more, and don't feel like I'm missing anything. Everything in the multiplayer just auto-rotates nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 18:20 

Go check out the "store" section. You'll have an aneurysm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 
tried deleting cache on xbox and re downloading about 6 or 7 times and still no work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:06 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
tried deleting cache on xbox and re downloading about 6 or 7 times and still no work.

Try harder.

Or just call up Microsoft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 
Microsoft said I have to buy more points and put it on a swedish profile on the xbox.

I can't afford that. and its the principle of the thing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 14:06 
Sleepyhead

Speak to Treyarch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 14:36 
Like they'll respond to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 15:49 
Sleepyhead

Worth a try. I heard they were good at responding to stuff. Maybe at least post about it on their official forums. I'm sure they have official forums, right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 20:01 
I did post on the official callofduty.com forum and got nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:22 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Better hurry up then cause map pack 2 is on its way

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1159790p1.html

Quote:
The second Call of Duty Black Ops map pack reveal has been leaked a bit early thanks to a retailer error.

According to VG247, Australian retailer GAME outed the second pack - called Escalation - which is due out on May 3 first on Xbox Live. Escalation includes five maps total: Zoo, Hotel, Convoy, Stockpile, and the zombie map Survive.

A price has not been revealed, but the last map pack - First Strike - launched at 1200 Microsoft Points. IGN has contacted Activision for confirmation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 
Oh come on!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 
Sleepyhead

You must have got the first map pack to work by now. You could have coded the bloody thing in all the time you've taken.

Ask Riles to buy it for you. He's so rich he doesn't even walk anywhere any more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 
Curiosity wrote:
You must have got the first map pack to work by now. You could have coded the bloody thing in all the time you've taken.

Ask Riles to buy it for you. He's so rich he doesn't even walk anywhere any more.

I need someone to send/email the file so I can put it on a usb stick and into my xbox.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 13:41 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I need someone to send/email the file so I can put it on a usb stick and into my xbox.

Yes, but you need the file which your system will accept so it needs to be someone who can download it on an xbox while logged in as you (Bobby?)

Basically if you download something from XBLA it has 2 unlock keys , it will unlock for *anyone* on the first machine it was downloaded on , or it will unlock for the user who purchased it while they are connected to XBLA on any machine.

If one of us just zips up our map pack and sends it to you then it will be refused as your not authorised to use it.

The two fixes are either your Xbox downloads it (so you need the Xbox to think its in the UK) or it needs to be downloaded while being logged in as you (so get Bobby to recover your gamertag , download it on his machine and then move it to a memory stick and send you the 'memory stick file')

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 13:50 
Oh really? That sucks. I was hoping anyone could just download it and then, since I've "purchased" it it would just work.

Bobby has a download limit on his internet so downloading another 600meg might hurt him. hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 23:01 
8-Bit Champion

Map pack now confirmed and dated for the 3rd

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1159790p1.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 19:47 
8-Bit Champion

Some kids make their own live action Black Ops video and their parents think its in poor taste

http://uk.kotaku.com/5792502/parents-co ... ll-of-duty

Quote:
"It's too real and too much like the Columbine tragedy," says one concerned parent regarding a video shot at Rocklin High School in California depicting students pretending to play Call of Duty with imaginary weapons. Oh come on, really?

There are no guns in the YouTube video "COD Black Ops JamT productions", which features students participating in a pretend game of Call of Duty on their high school campus. There are no weapons whatsoever. Guns and knives are pantomimed, special effects (not including blood) are added in post. The only real violence is the throwing of a chair in anger, which is quickly followed up by a hug.

It's the modern day equivalent of playing cowboys and indians out in the woods with your pals, and parents are comparing it to 1999's Columbine Massacre, in which two students at Columbine High School in Colorado killed 12 students and a teacher before turning their weapons on themselves.

I could understand outrage if the students that crafted this video had been running around with realistic weapons. I could understand people being upset if the special effects included copious amounts of blood. This is just play. It's fun. Kids are supposed to be doing this.

Aren't they?

Check out the full report at Sacramento's ABC News 10.

(I like the camping and RCXD comments :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:22 
8-Bit Champion

Gotta be careful where you chuck those grenades

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:30 
8-Bit Champion

Some details of the new map pack from Kotaku

http://uk.kotaku.com/5793437/our-first- ... n-map-pack

Quote:
Here's our first look at Call of Duty: Black Ops' Escalation map pack, due out next month for the Xbox 360 and some later time for the PC and PS3.

The map pack will run you 1200 Microsoft points ($15) like the first map pack.

This video walks us through what to expect from this latest downloadable content for the game. Here's a quick rundown:

"With every map pack that we add to the game it is very important to us that we provide a lot of variety to players," said Dan Bunting, Online Director at Treyarch

Zoo takes place in an abandoned Soviet zoo. The map includes a monorail track that you can get up onto and use to walk most of map. The rail also sounds like a great sniping position.

Hotel was inspired by the vistas of Havana. There are a lot of flank paths and places to hide, the Treyarch folks say. A second floor can be accessed only by a set of elevators which sounds like a neat chokepoint to the sniping positions.

Convoy is retro America. The map is built around the premise that a United States convoy was hit by a Soviet ambush. Part of the level includes a damaged road that gives you access to a bit of underground.

Stockpile takes place in a suburban village in Russia that is also home to a stockpile of weapons. The middle of the village has an operational garage which Treyarch says is the key to the map. You can open and close the doors and then use the position to hold the entire map.

While it looks like these maps offer a nice range of settings and close combat and sniping positions, I'm a little bummed that they're not providing as many twists as the First Strike map pack.

Treyarch is also keeping the details of the single zombie map addition hush hush. We know the new map will be called Call of the Dead and the quick glimpse you catch of it in the opening of the video seems to show a lighthouse and perhaps a frozen ship.

More details are bound to drop as we approach the May 3 launch of this latest expansion pack.

Most sound very campy to me :-(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 
stockpile sounds pretty fun.

I imagine the whole of zoo will be camping on the monorail. Shame there's no animals :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 23:53 
8-Bit Champion

Sooooo close to the end ....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 
Bad Girl

I hope it's worth it. I've got bored of COD this time round, it just hasn't held my interest like the MW's before it for some reason.

And I'm still pissed off at the lack of (decent) titles and emblems that got me playing so much with MW2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 
8-Bit Champion

Ian Fairies wrote:
I hope it's worth it. I've got bored of COD this time round, it just hasn't held my interest like the MW's before it for some reason.

And I'm still pissed off at the lack of (decent) titles and emblems that got me playing so much with MW2.

It isnt worth it , and I agree the MW2 collecting thing was much better.

I think at this stage i'm doing it to finish it because of the stupid number of hours i've already put in and I can see the finish line ahead (I have 2 lifetime award things which should pop this prestige which will give me most of them done)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 
Im surprised at how quickly you've gone through them. The level cap really is too small. 70 would have been better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 
Hibernating Druid

nickachu wrote:
Shame there's no animals :(

Sounds like a Shih Tzu.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 23:28 
8-Bit Champion

OMFG !

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68241/ ... rge-romero

Quote:
Black Ops drafts George Romero, Sarah Michelle Gellar for DLC
by Steve Watts, Apr 26, 2011 3:30pm PDT

Call of Duty: Black Ops is getting an injection of celebrity with its next bit of downloadable content. The "Call of the Dead" mission -- part of the upcoming Escalation DLC -- is conscripting a few horror and action alums to be all they can be.

Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead), and Danny Trejo (Machete) will play roles in the zombie mode. In a bit of meta casting, zombie movie godfather George A. Romero will play himself in the level.

"This is Treyarch's tribute to the legendary George Romero, who truly defined the zombie genre and whose incredible work has been such an inspiration to our team," said game director Dave Anthony in the press release. "It was an absolute honor to work with such an amazing and talented cast whose passion and energy brought their characters instantly to life. Fans are going to love this."

In addition to the Call of the Dead level, Escalation will feature four new competitive multiplayer maps: Zoo, Hotel, Convoy, and Stockpile. It's set for a May 3 release on Xbox Live, with the PlayStation 3 and PC releases following sometime later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 23:38 

It'd be amazing if the whole "going zombie" thing weren't so tired now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 
8-Bit Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:18 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

WTB wrote:
It'd be amazing if the whole "going zombie" thing weren't so tired now.

Yeah, you are right. Treyarch are jumping on a band wagon which is completely overloaded. People should just stop making zombie movies/games, and vampire/werewolf stuff. And OMG, all those spy films, wtf, those have been out for ages, that is like sooo old.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 

:p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 

:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 
UltraMod

That actually sounds really good. Not good enough for me to buy Coddy Bloppies though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:09 
Looks good. I like the idea of the flippers and the zip lines. Since I still havent been able to use the ziplines yet :'(

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:21 

Come on Zaphod, you've normally downloaded by now, tell us about it. :)

Alternatively, Nickachu, have you sorted this yet?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 13:05 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Come on Zaphod, you've normally downloaded by now, tell us about it. :)

Alternatively, Nickachu, have you sorted this yet?

At work so cant (actually I had the dentist first thing this morning so was on for an hour earlier and although the main menu's and stuff say "now available" it wasnt - the first strike set of multiplayer modes has been swapped out - but no one could play them).

Its Live now though so you can 'buy' it and have your machine download it when you get home

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... cid=search

Oh and answering Nickachu's question last night - coloured clan tags cost $250 each and 'stay' unlocked so once you've bought them you keep them for the next prestige , Golden gun camo costs $50,000 and I've no idea if it will stick (i've about 45k right now so i'll unlock one after a few more games and see if it does)

Oh and Double XP starts 'now'

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/04/call- ... tarts-now/

Quote:
The road to prestige is paved with the bodies of millions of noobs. However, you can halve that number this weekend to get that arbitrary icon you're after -- a double XP weekend for Call of Duty: Black Ops is in full effect right now.

Players on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC have access to the additional experience until 8AM PST/11AM EST on Monday, March 7, at which point planting a tomahawk in some chump's back will lose just a bit of its luster.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 13:30 

Quote:

Players on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC have access to the additional experience until 8AM PST/11AM EST on Monday, March 7, at which point planting a tomahawk in some chump's back will lose just a bit of its luster.

Is that a typo, or old news?
Also, lose lustre?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 13:33 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Max Factor Knacker Lacquer Brings a Lustre To Your Cluster.

This message brought to you apropos nothing at all, except you mentioned lustre.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 13:34 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Quote:

Is that a typo, or old news?
Also, lose lustre?

My bad - old news - although I'm sure i saw something this morning pointing to Double XP when the new maps were launched.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 14:02 

can't buy:

Quote:
Sorry

This offer is not valid in your region, or it has expired.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 14:46 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
can't buy:

Quote:
Sorry

This offer is not valid in your region, or it has expired.

Your not doing a Nicachu and trying from another country ? (i've bought it and its in my queue however it'll be another 5 hours or so till i'm home and can check).

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 15:04 

No, never had any issues before. :? Tried again, and still nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 15:17 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
No, never had any issues before. :? Tried again, and still nothing.

Could try on your actual machine but if your going via my link try going to xbox.com and searching for it - if your going direct to xbox.com try following my link :-)

(the link still takes me to the correct page but since i've already bought it it just tells me that i've already purchased)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 17:56 
Nope bobby I haven't sorted it yet. Hint Riley hint...
I probably won't be able to get this maybe till after the weekend depending on how much I earn in tips from work. It's about 20quid here for the points. D:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 18:03 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Yeah about that. Three times I went on to do it over the weekend and you were online.

I will die laughing* if trying to help nik has converted Bobbys xbox into thinking he is a foreign.

* dying of laughter may not actually occur. Picture is larger than actual size.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 18:17 

works on actual machine, thank goodness! Imagine trying to get a game with me and nick in the lobby, each having the other map pack.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 18:27 
Yeah. Sorry Riley. It was probably my girlfriend playing. If you get a chance tho and Im online send me a message telling me you're going to do it and I'll disconnect for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 21:44 

New maps are fucking awesome, Nick and Andy should come play*.

*may not havd#e played new mapst that much due to lack of HC mode.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 23:05 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
New maps are fucking awesome, HUGE Nick and Andy should come play*.

*may not havd#e played new mapst that much due to lack of HC mode.

The new maps are mostly the size of DavPaz's head !

the smallest of them (Zoo / Convoy) feel about the size of the largest current maps , but things like Hotel seem to bend space and time with the sheer size of them.

Also congrats to the developers - as I saw written on another forum "Way to take an absolutely brilliant Zombie idea and totally f*ck it up by having a large un-killable George Romero chase you around from Level 1"

I got to about Level 7 on the zombie mode , got the power on , however that just seemed to anger George and he pushed me into a corner and whacked me to use up my revival then did the exact same to kill me , I really dont mind being killed by the waves and waves of Zombies but that just felt rather cheap :-(

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:37 
:'( :'( :'(

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next