Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Scottie 2 Hottie?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:55 
Rude Belittler

Bam Bam Bigelow?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:56 
Excellent Member

Oh dear my darling we need far more to go on than that and no one liked prince albert so it can't be in your name.

We talking popular like The Rock or vile little walking penis grease monkey like X-pac?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:57 
Rude Belittler

Gangrel?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:58 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Alberto wrote:
Multiple promotions, but my main era of watching wrestling was late 90s/early 00s WWF/E so that should narrow it down. Surprised you haven't guessed you though, since I obviously share his three main attributes...

Someone's already said Spike Dudley though ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Flair?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:15 
Worst

Alberto wrote:
Multiple promotions, but my main era of watching wrestling was late 90s/early 00s WWF/E so that should narrow it down. Surprised you haven't guessed you though,

I wasn't in any (American) professional wrestling promotions.

Quote:
since I obviously share his three main attributes...

Eddy Guerrero?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:18 
Slightly Brackish

The "3 main attributes" is as good a clue as I can give you without making it blindingly obvious, sorry. He jumped to TNA though.

As an aside, to those pushing the Dudleys theme, I did once buy a pair of Bubba Ray Dudley glasses (no lenses in obv)... I have no regrets apart from not wearing them more often.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:19 
Slightly Brackish

throughsilver wrote:
Quote:

Eddy Guerrero?

His main attribute is "dead"...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:22 
Worst

Alberto wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Quote:

Eddy Guerrero?

His main attribute is "dead"...

Aww, I thought you were going with lying, cheating and stealing.

Hmmm, Small, sarcastic, and bespectacled? I'm sure someone's said Spike Dudley already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Angle?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:25 
Unpossible!

A short, slightly built, bespectacled wrestler?

Andre the Giant?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:27 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
Angle?

Came here to post this, yup it's angle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:29 
Sleepyhead

Indeed. The Three Is!

Shame he's now a drug addled numpty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:30 
Worst

Curiosity wrote:
Shame he's now a drug addled numpty.

You leave Alberto alone!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Do I win a beer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:34 
Sleepyhead

BTW - link to John Morrisson's awesome Rumble spot on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FR1tchV9w#

Probably won't be on there for long...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:52 
Slightly Brackish

Grim... wrote:
Do I win a beer?

You do indeed, redeem it from your fridge :p

Say what you like about him and his drugs, he's got a freakin gold medal! Woo!

Beer would also have been awarded for an answer of DDP, who is a close second for entirely different reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:34 
Can you dig it?

Alberto wrote:
The "3 main attributes" is as good a clue as I can give you without making it blindingly obvious, sorry. He jumped to TNA though.

As an aside, to those pushing the Dudleys theme, I did once buy a pair of Bubba Ray Dudley glasses (no lenses in obv)... I have no regrets apart from not wearing them more often.

Aww, I got it after this post, as did a lot of others.

I really liked Kurt Angle when he was in WWF too, probably one of my favourites. He looked terrible last time I saw him on telly (I think it might have been TNA). What happened to him?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:50 
Excellent Member

He started taking massive amounts of steroids and HGH, his problem was that when he came into the WWF he didn't need them as he was still in Olympic condition but then as he has got older he's resorted to taking them - he left the WWE because he failed too many "wellness" tests and joined TNA because they don't do them, if they did then most of the roster would be gone (This is a place that gave Kevin
Nash, a man who one tore a quad walking across the ring, a home.

I don't watch TNA because when I know a wrestler is on steroids then I can't look at them topless and not think about what tiny family jewels they probably have all the time, kind of immersion killing thing really.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 23:00 
Slightly Brackish

Kurt Angle got his fabulous physique from drinking milk, it's true, it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 23:07 
Excellent Member

Big jugs of milk?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 23:35 
Worst

Decca wrote:
He started taking massive amounts of steroids and HGH, his problem was that when he came into the WWF he didn't need them as he was still in Olympic condition but then as he has got older he's resorted to taking them - he left the WWE because he failed too many "wellness" tests and joined TNA because they don't do them, if they did then most of the roster would be gone (This is a place that gave Kevin
Nash, a man who one tore a quad walking across the ring, a home.

I don't watch TNA because when I know a wrestler is on steroids then I can't look at them topless and not think about what tiny family jewels they probably have all the time, kind of immersion killing thing really.

They're all on steroids apart from Mick Foley and allegedly John Cena. No way was Angle in Olympic condition when he started in WWF. Pro wrestling is one of the sleaziest operations known to humanity.

[edit] WWE has given Kevin Nash a home numerous times. And, let's face it, that is where he tore his quad while walking across the ring.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 23:42 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Just watched the WWE clip... man, the commentary is really annoying!

You can tell they're going for the younger audience.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 23:47 
Rude Belittler

Actually, Kurt was addicted to painkillers, Vince said 'Kurt you've got a problem. you need to go to rehab' Kurt said 'I'm not going to rehab!' Vince said 'YOOOUUU'RRRREEEE FFFFFFIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEEEDDDDD!!!!'

Note: above may not have actually happened.

Yeah, it was deffo painkillers.

As to TNA, this is a company that not only employs Jeff Hardy, but gave him their World Title... a man who's had so many drug related strikes he could take up pro-bowling... and is about to go down on a drug related felony. AAANNNDDD theres rumours that Jeff has been allowed to wrestle while under the influence.

At least WWE is trying to change, many top stars have been 'wellnessed', and they are making sure that those that need rehab get rehab. Even Scott Hall, who hasn't been in the company for years, is getting rehab on the WWE's dollar. (not exactly altruistically, I mean the headlines aren't going to say 'Former TNA wrestler found dead' are they?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 0:03 
Slightly Brackish

He won a gold medal with a broken freakin neck, why would he need painkillers?!? He feels no pain! Vince was just threatened by him and couldn't stand to have such an obviously superior genetic jackhammer around the company, that's why Kurt was asked to leave, it's true it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 0:07 
Slightly Brackish

And while WWE was bad in the past with regard to it's tolerance of drug use and abuse, largely due to Vince's preference for hulking musclebound superstars, I agree they have improved greatly in this respect since the day Vince watched a Batista match and realised that being insanely muscular wasn't worth a damn for entertainment value.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 0:33 
Worst

Alberto wrote:
I agree they have improved greatly in this respect since the day Vince watched a Batista match and realised that being insanely muscular wasn't worth a damn for entertainment value.

That's all he cares about. Pretty much every time I flick through on a Sunday and see Superstars, the workers are all on vitamin S. Back in the day, you'd have slightly flabby dudes (and they have a token one now), but in 2011, everyone (other than Husky) has a mental physique.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:50 
Rude Belittler

Okay, the truth about steroids: They don't give you muscles. Its not like you can get an injection and turn up the next day looking like Big Poppa Pump. What they allow you to do is work out harder for longer, and help to build muscle mass as part of a strict exercise regimen.

So what you're looking for isn't huge muscles, but huge muscles where there previously were none, without the obvious benefits of extra training time. Chris Jericho, for example, has always had roughly the same muscle mass... right back to his days in Japan. They're not freakishly huge, he's pretty ripped, but results achievable through workout alone. His muscle definition has varied, but thats one of those things. Taker and Kane have been a similar size forever.

Now compare Eddie Guerrero from WCW to when he won the WWE title from Brock. Pretty big difference, and unless he's magically found more time to train.... The other give away is that his body shape changed, from lanky to stocky.

Chris Benoit"Bob Holly" similarly put on a lot of muscle while in the WWE. Triple H tore a quad and came back twice as big. Then tore another quad (typical steroid abuser injuries by the way). Scott Steiner.. well... just Scott Steiner.

Was Batista on the gas? Who knows, he could just be a huge gym-nut, but on the other hand he has suffered with lots of muscle tears. I guess only Batista knows for sure.

A lot of guys in the wrestling business have used steroids. Many for rehabbing injuries, (which is what steroids are often prescribed for) some to lessen the workload (if taking steroids means that a guy can have more time with his family, because he can do less time in the gym, its hard to begrudge him that with the schedules these guys work) some to make themselves look like some sort of crude sculpture made out of molten pink candlewax. (Scott Steiner again, every time I see him in his days at the tail end of WCW, it makes me think of that bit in Akira just before Tetsuo becomes that big amorphous blob thing. )

I'd say that in the WWE today, you can't immediately point a finger at a guy and scream steroids. Its just as likely that the guy with the huge physique got it the old fashioned way,(as as been said, Cena has come out and said that he's never used, (and considering what he represents, he'd better not be lying) and has huge gorilla arms.) and the more average looking guy is using because he's constantly rehabbing minor injuries, or is strugggling finding gym time. Rey got caught with them, despite not needing muscles to get over.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:46 
Excellent Member

Royal Rumble '03 Triple H Vs Scott Steiner so bad it's hilarious, and a perfect demonstration as to why steroids are bad. Only match that was funnier was HBK overselling hogan.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Steiner blows up pretty much as soon as he gets on the stage, then does suplex after suplex after suplex then does the "double underhook what the fuck was that" and very nearly breaks HHH's neck, but never mind there is always the suplex to fall back on

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:27 
Slightly Brackish

ZOMG we haz ster01dz sympth1zings!!!

Good points though, I guess. And it doesn't badmouth Angle so it must be right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 
Sleepyhead

throughsilver wrote:
Alberto wrote:
I agree they have improved greatly in this respect since the day Vince watched a Batista match and realised that being insanely muscular wasn't worth a damn for entertainment value.

That's all he cares about. Pretty much every time I flick through on a Sunday and see Superstars, the workers are all on vitamin S. Back in the day, you'd have slightly flabby dudes (and they have a token one now), but in 2011, everyone (other than Husky) has a mental physique.

Superstars? WTF?

That's where you see the likes of Regal, Tatsu, Ryder, Primo, Masters (who is ripped, but compare him to when he debuted and was on steroids and he's about half the size) and others who are far from being hulking monsters and are on the whole more athletic and wrestling-focused.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 
Slightly Brackish

I thought vitamins only went up to E :S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 20:49 
Worst

Pundabaya wrote:
I'd say that in the WWE today, you can't immediately point a finger at a guy and scream steroids. Its just as likely that the guy with the huge physique got it the old fashioned way,(as as been said, Cena has come out and said that he's never used, (and considering what he represents, he'd better not be lying) and has huge gorilla arms.) and the more average looking guy is using because he's constantly rehabbing minor injuries, or is strugggling finding gym time. Rey got caught with them, despite not needing muscles to get over.

Agreed with your post. I'm not saying 'look at him, he's on steroids'. However, after having read way too much about the lifestyle of these people, I assume someone is on steroids unless they specifically are not (like Cena's rep for being clean). I think back to the Meltzer line from a few years ago, when Vince said all performers on WrestleMania would be steroid-free: 'the show's just going to be a triple threat match between Spike Dudley, Lance Storm and Mick Foley'.

Curiosity wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Superstars? WTF?

That's where you see the likes of Regal, Tatsu, Ryder, Primo, Masters (who is ripped, but compare him to when he debuted and was on steroids and he's about half the size) and others who are far from being hulking monsters and are on the whole more athletic and wrestling-focused.

WRT what Pundy said, just because Masters isn't as big doesn't mean he's not on roids. He's just less easy to accuse than he was. And if Vance Archer isn't on roids, then I'm Jeep Swenson.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 23:29 
Worst

All wrestling should be this, by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 23:47 
Excellent Member

Holy fuck everyone one of these guys should get a WWE contract, seriously, the commentaters as well.
Special mentions go to that fat guy doing the truffle shuffle and the chap who slid across the motherfucking stage on his face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 
Excellent Member

That was indecently amusing, watched it at Rixondales. Things I liked whilst being entirely ignorant:

He's from Manchester, England! He's from Blackpool, England! etc.
The placard seemingly accusing someone of having 'gout'.
That bit where that guy Mr Morrison with the black and white trousers spider-man clings himself to the padded wall, avoiding the ground, and jumps back in.
That Miz guy, he's funny.
When that guy got thrown into the Nexus dudes outside the ring, tumbling them all.
The eventual winner guy, Alberto, driving into the arena in a car and then taking ten minutes to walk to the stage.
Kali being unfeasibly tall and endearingly crap.
The evil cult leader guy, CM Punk. Good gimmick.
How silly it all got.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 
Slightly Brackish

"I don't see anything about hypnotosis in the rule book!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 
Rude Belittler

Chikara - perhaps the most entertaining wrestling on the planet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 22:01 
Excellent Member

Currently watching Breaking the code - WWE finally put out a Jericho career retrospective and it really is something special. It's about 9 hours long and I just did a "40 mins gone already???" double take.
No matches so far (there will be) it's just been him talking and showing footage of all the stuff he did pre-WWF. Production team have outshone themselves with making sure the 1990s EcW/WCW footage doesn't look like it's come from a old VCR tape like some you see which does prove that this high video quality stuff is there in the archives, the WWE were just being cocks - the whole tone of it actually gives EcW/WCW some respect and even some mad props to EcW which is a massive leap forward for the WWE.

I'm even left half wondering if later on someone from the WWE is going to apologise or even admit that it was wrong having him going into wrestlemania as champion in the main even with fuck all promoter generated heat or promos because the main storyline at the time was HHH and stephanie fighting over custody of a dog.

Really fascinating stuff, even if the other two disks are shite then it's already been worth the money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 22:14 
Slightly Brackish

throughsilver wrote:
All wrestling should be this, by the way.

Best youtube comment ever from that video:
Quote:
What an incompetent official. This match should have been thrown out. It was clearly established in the feud Ultimate Warrior vs PaPa Shango that any kind of hypnosis or magic is illegal in a wrestling match.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 22:23 
Slightly Brackish

Also, because it's a new page and Angle hasn't been mentioned yet...

Milkomania is running wild!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 19:06 
Excellent Member

lol http://twitter.com/iamjericho gets pissed, insults UFC, has to apologise later. But more interesting he drunk posts there is huge news incoming - if you read back you will see he watched the rumble, in interviews in the past he has said he only watches rasslin' when he's on the active rosta or about to make his return /strokes chin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 20:55 
Sleepyhead

It would be remiss of me at this point not to pimp my mate Tom's Wrestling Blog. It's a really good blog (the only one I check regularly about anything, really) about all wrestling. Primarily WWE, but also TNA, ROH and Chikara (his favourite fed) and other indies. He's sometimes opinionated and I don't agree with everything he says, but he's a really good chap.

http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/

Definitely worth a bookmark if you're into wrestling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 21:39 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I know it's not real and may never happen.. but if it did, this is an amazing image to promote it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 21:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It is an excellent picture. There seems to be a lot of discussion around whether he's signed a contract or not. I'd be delighted if he came in to square off against Taker, rather than just putting Taker up against Kane or Edge again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:07 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

That's one of the things that would actually get me to watch Wrestlemania.

I love Sting. :luv:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:10 
Excellent Member

Decca wrote:
lol http://twitter.com/iamjericho gets pissed, insults UFC, has to apologise later. But more interesting he drunk posts there is huge news incoming - if you read back you will see he watched the rumble, in interviews in the past he has said he only watches rasslin' when he's on the active rosta or about to make his return /strokes chin

One word "Squeeeeeee!"

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:35 
Excellent Member

:luv: Jericho

in other news, kert angle has just lost the frigging plot on twitter http://twitter.com/anglefoods1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:40 
Sleepyhead

Decca wrote:
:luv: Jericho

in other news, kert angle has just lost the frigging plot on twitter http://twitter.com/anglefoods1

He's just trying to sell the atrocious angle he's in with Jarrett.

*sigh*

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next