Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:07 
Chinny chin chin

kalmarzipan wrote:
Curiously, I spent most of the afternoon locked in a £90,000 RF-proof chamber

Or as the rest of us know it, a train.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:08 
Chinny chin chin

Clausiosity wrote:
I actually took a Dixon's extended warranty out on my camera. It was only 2 quid a month and protects against everything, even me smashing it in a fit of rage.

Given my track record with cameras, it's a bargain!

Although your household insurance probably already covers it.

+ Did they sell you rust protection? Because modern cameras do rust.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:13 
Kindly deeds done for free

Shinta Claus wrote:
ICELAND! 25.00 TO SORT THE WHOLE DAY OUT!

"Kat" is short for "Katona", right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 20:13 
Not to be confused with elbow

>:( I DON'T LOVE YOU NOW!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 21:01 
Sleepyhead

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Clausiosity wrote:
I actually took a Dixon's extended warranty out on my camera. It was only 2 quid a month and protects against everything, even me smashing it in a fit of rage.

What household insurance?

I never finish the application forms as they all ask me about roofing materials, the date on which the property was built and other such things I know nothing about, and if I do just bluff my way through the 56473865782638726487263485726387562 questions, 'they' offer me 55 or more quid per month for contents insurance, not including stuff taken off property, and with a 100 quid excess.

Not having had insurance for the last 18 months = About a grand

The only thing we own between us that costs more than that is Maria's engagement ring, and as such it's the only thing I should probably get insured.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 21:03 
baron of techno

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Clausiosity wrote:

And for that reason they usually have factory-installed anti-rust coatings. If yours didn't, did they remember to take off the automatic rust protection surcharge?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 21:38 
baron of techno

nervouspete wrote:
Eurogamer:

Quote:
Llamasoft has whacked out a PC version of trancey shooter Space Giraffe, which costs USD 20 - that's GBP 13.50 to you.

Demo version available to download:
http://www.llamasoft.co.uk/frontpage.php

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 23:10 
Gogmagog

Clausiosity wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Clausiosity wrote:

What household insurance?

I never finish the application forms as they all ask me about roofing materials, the date on which the property was built and other such things I know nothing about, and if I do just bluff my way through the 56473865782638726487263485726387562 questions, 'they' offer me 55 or more quid per month for contents insurance, not including stuff taken off property, and with a 100 quid excess.

Not having had insurance for the last 18 months = About a grand

The only thing we own between us that costs more than that is Maria's engagement ring, and as such it's the only thing I should probably get insured.

By and large it is a good idea to be truthful about these things, on the occasion that you have to make a claim, and things don't stack up, whackiness ensues, and then you have to pay a lot of money out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 23:12 
Gogmagog

chinnyhill10 wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Jaqui Smith (Parliament channel, now) looks like an ex girlfriend of mine.

Did she also used to be a man? 8)

I was going to reply to this with an awesome putdown, but I'm not going to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 23:13 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Check out this awesome photo from the Greek riots:
http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/athens_12_15/a24_17337689.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 23:15 
Gogmagog

Explains why the 1920 bus did not arrive until 2010.

BUT!

The bus driver was made of awesome and, frankly, rally car'd it all thorugh the country lanes. It was awesome. Whilst I was listening to the Pipettes.

being me is ace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 0:52 

Thanks all for your lovely messages of awesomeness. Yeah, I'll get through all this crap I'm sure. Each day I feel a little bit better about it all.

It's me birthday at the weekend and Former Lady Zio had previously - even whilst we've been apart - suggested she would take me out for the day to celebrate. I texted her yesterday to see if she still intended to do this. She replied this morning to confirm that she did not. She believes it is time we put all this behind us and not see each other anymore.

This has not made me as sad as I thought it would, in some respects it's almost a weight off my shoulders as it very much now seems that that ship has sailed. Her loss, really. What I am more concerned about is that she has apparentely written and sent me a letter, which I should receive in the next day or two. Fortunately, a very lovely mutual friend (though arguably closer to me) has suggested that I visit her when said letter arrives so that I can open it while she is available on hand with cups of tea and hugs. I have provisionally taken her up on this generous offer.

I do rather wish I hadn't spent so much dosh on FLZ's own birthday present - her birthday is in mid-Jan and I'd bought two very expensive tickets to a musical she wants to see. She knows I bought them too, so I'd feel like a proper bastard selling them on eBay. My current plan is to pop them round to her parents when she's out, that way she can take whoever she likes to see it with her.

In the meantime, I have assembled a number of close friends for an evening of drinkage to celebrate the day of my birth instead. All I need now is a reminder in how this 'meeting available women' thing works now as techincally I haven't needed to do that since university, and that was almost ten years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 0:56 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Zio-lent Night wrote:
Thanks all for your lovely messages of awesomeness. Yeah, I'll get through all this crap I'm sure. Each day I feel a little bit better about it all.

It's me birthday at the weekend and Former Lady Zio had previously - even whilst we've been apart - suggested she would take me out for the day to celebrate. I texted her yesterday to see if she still intended to do this. She replied this morning to confirm that she did not. She believes it is time we put all this behind us and not see each other anymore.

This has not made me as sad as I thought it would, in some respects it's almost a weight off my shoulders as it very much now seems that that ship has sailed. Her loss, really. What I am more concerned about is that she has apparentely written and sent me a letter, which I should receive in the next day or two. Fortunately, a very lovely mutual friend (though arguably closer to me) has suggested that I visit her when said letter arrives so that I can open it while she is available on hand with cups of tea and hugs. I have provisionally taken her up on this generous offer.

I do rather wish I hadn't spent so much dosh on FLZ's own birthday present - her birthday is in mid-Jan and I'd bought two very expensive tickets to a musical she wants to see. She knows I bought them too, so I'd feel like a proper bastard selling them on eBay. My current plan is to pop them round to her parents when she's out, that way she can take whoever she likes to see it with her.

In the meantime, I have assembled a number of close friends for an evening of drinkage to celebrate the day of my birth instead. All I need now is a reminder in how this 'meeting available women' thing works now as techincally I haven't needed to do that since university, and that was almost ten years ago.

Pff, is she's not interested in your birthday and will openly tell you so, I'd resell the tickets. Or go myself if I wanted to.

But then I can be a petty bar steward ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:08 

Meet was good. I am drunk. Hurrah!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:13 

The iPhone is hard to type on when you are Sri k but the autocorrect mops up. Ehind you h urrah! And that is why j proofread goodnight all! Pissed now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 
Gogmagog

Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
The iPhone is hard to type on when you are Sri k but the autocorrect mops up. Ehind you h urrah! And that is why j proofread goodnight all! Pissed now.

Cracking.

I popped up another couple of levels in CoD4 tonight. Need to start popping about with other guns now, though, I think. But bollocks, I'll be a sniper.

Also, how come i never see 'killing house' on multiplayer, as it could be a hoot 2 vs 2.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Zio-lent Night wrote:

You could ask her if she wanted to buy the tickets, else recoup your money & sell them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 
making out to faces of death

Zio-lent Night wrote:
She knows I bought them too, so I'd feel like a proper bastard selling them on eBay.

Sell them on eBay. Then walk away and don't look back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 
UltraMod

kalmarzipan wrote:
Clausiosity wrote:
I actually took a Dixon's extended warranty out on my camera.

Oh Emm Gee.

They totally controlled your mind dude.

Curio has a tendency for dropping his cameras in glasses of wine, so it's probably for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:51 

AceAceBaby wrote:
Zio-lent Night wrote:
She knows I bought them too, so I'd feel like a proper bastard selling them on eBay.

Sell them on eBay. Then walk away and don't look back.

As with so many things*... Ace speaks the sense.

* Well it's basically cars and this but that's not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 
UltraMod

I can only echo what Ace and Dudley have said.

Because I am a cave.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 
Sleepyhead

Baubleyaro wrote:

I for one welcome the use of the Spartan laser to quell rioters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 
Gogmagog

RE: my comments about people on the pistonheads forums. here is a good example of what I meant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
RE: my comments about people on the pistonheads forums. here is a good example of what I meant.

What a dick. The OP, I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:14 
Excellent Member

This morning I am mostly... crotchety.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:15 

Zio-lent Night wrote:

Sell 'em....either that or...

My own birthday is on the 26th of January *waggles eyebrows* I CAN HAS GO INSTEAD?! :DD

I'm glad you don't seem too sad about her not going out with you for your birthday-you probably would have had a crappy day with her anyway because of all of this-go out and just ENJOY and go on the razz love :)

But remember-Aunty Kat says:

Don't be a fool,
Wrap your tool!

Morning Pliss-I can't see properly yet *blinks* Gaz is off work ill, the kids are going back to Devon shortly and I have a terrible hacking cough :S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:31 

I'm going to see Stewart Lee tonight.

You (probably) are not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:39 

MaliA wrote:
Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
Cracking.
I hadn't made any bad typos whilst captioning the pictures I uploaded, and I figured that wasn't very fun, so you got this effort typing blind on the iPhone instead. "sri k" should be "drunk" but I've hit space instead of n, etc etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 
Gogmagog

Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Doctor GlyNadolig wrote:
Cracking.
I hadn't made any bad typos whilst captioning the pictures I uploaded, and I figured that wasn't very fun, so you got this effort typing blind on the iPhone instead. "sri k" should be "drunk" but I've hit space instead of n, etc etc.

It's OK, I was being Nessa from gavin and Stacey.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 

Shinta Claus wrote:
But remember-Aunty Kat says:

Don't be a fool,
Wrap your tool!

Attachment:
wrapped_tool.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:53 

If it looks like that love....maybe I wouldn't do anything with your tool for a bit and get and see a Doctor! :p hehe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 
baron of techno

myoptinsel wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Hah! That gets better... I'm just at the bit where the car dealer has posted a clearly made up gracious and exonerating response from his potential customer :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:31 
UltraMod

kalmarzipan wrote:
myoptinsel wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Hah! That gets better... I'm just at the bit where the car dealer has posted a clearly made up gracious and exonerating response from his potential customer :D

Oh man, I'm on page 7 now and it's turned into a right car crash (pun definitely intended).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 
PC Gamer

When you're writing the blurb for the back of a DVD case and you mention the name of an actor you're contractually obliged to follow it with two other films they've been in that a prospective viewer might have seen, right?

Pity the poor bastard writing the blurb for the Highlander DVD who has to find two more Christopher Lambert movies. They've gone with Mortal Combat and Subway (whu?), when it might have been more honest to try Highlander 2 and You Know, That One Where He's In The Prison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 

My colleague has failed to come to work and now I have to step in to do a series of four presentations this afternoon to assembled managers and medical professionals about something I have had no involvement with, excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:40 
UltraMod

marktheheraldangels wrote:
My colleague has failed to come to work and now I have to step in to do a series of four presentations this afternoon to assembled managers and medical professionals about something I have had no involvement with, excellent.

Do the same presentation that Fran did in Black Books.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 
Legendary Boogeyman

Are we or are we not, a company?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 
UltraMod

myoptinsel wrote:
kalmarzipan wrote:
myoptinsel wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Oh man, I'm on page 7 now and it's turned into a right car crash (pun definitely intended).

I've got there now. How made up is that response? I can't stop laughing! :DD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:56 
Hibernating Druid

Take 'The Internet' in.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 
Skillmeister

Rudolfowa wrote:
When you're writing the blurb for the back of a DVD case and you mention the name of an actor you're contractually obliged to follow it with two other films they've been in that a prospective viewer might have seen, right?

Pity the poor bastard writing the blurb for the Highlander DVD who has to find two more Christopher Lambert movies. They've gone with Mortal Combat and Subway (whu?), when it might have been more honest to try Highlander 2 and You Know, That One Where He's In The Prison.

Or Greystoke, which was good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 13:09 

myoptinsel wrote:

I actually love doing doing presentations so I think I'll probably just stick with plan A, stand there wanting the earth to swallow me up and mumble through it whilst turning red and feeling sweaty and then if there are any questions I'll either burst into tears or feign sudden illness.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 13:20 
Hibernating Druid

Just imagine them all naked, with monocles and xylophones.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 13:26 
Sleepyhead

SpunkyMonkeyTrumpet wrote:
Rudolfowa wrote:

Or Greystoke, which was good.

Wasn't 'Subway' really good?

*awaits foot-long jokes*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 14:41 

Rudolfowa wrote:

Funny you should mention that, I'll double check tonight but I'm almost certain that Mortal Kombat Annihilation credits one of its stars as Dave ActorName (Mortal Kombat Annihilation).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 14:59 

myoptinsel wrote:

I actually love doing doing presentations so I think I'll probably just stick with plan A, stand there wanting the earth to swallow me up and mumble through it whilst turning red and feeling sweaty and then if there are any questions I'll either burst into tears or feign sudden illness.

The last presentation I did, the end slide said "Be aware any questions will be deflected with use of pictures of cute kittens."

Someone tried to call my bluff.

They don't know me at all do they?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 15:04 

Grah!

Kids have gone, cleaning the place now and trying to play Fallout 3, guzzling medicine and doing loads of washing :s a womans work is never done! :p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 15:12 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Shinta Claus wrote:
trying to play Fallout 3, guzzling medicine .............. a womans work is never done! :p

Doesnt seem very womanly ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 15:16 
Gogmagog

Shin, today.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 15:17 

Too close for comfort that image is

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 15:18 

Shinta Claus wrote:
Too close for comfort that image is

Shin, today.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 60  Next