What's Everyone Playing?
Apparently a megathread now
And now another bastard appears, I fucking knew I should have kept my gob shut.
Findus Fop wrote:
Midnight Suns on Steamdeck (thanks again gazchap). Most fun I've had with a game for a long time. The heroes are brilliantly realised in battle, attacks feel meaty, and every mission, even just a vanilla defeat all enemies affair, always has some interesting strategic decisions to make.

Perhaps that will change as I gravitate towards specific builds and team combos, but at the moment am really enjoying it.

The stuff around the Abbey is ridiculous, obviously, but even that operates as a pleasing breather between missions.

:this: It is very good...though my allies are very needy.
Morte wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Midnight Suns on Steamdeck (thanks again gazchap). Most fun I've had with a game for a long time. The heroes are brilliantly realised in battle, attacks feel meaty, and every mission, even just a vanilla defeat all enemies affair, always has some interesting strategic decisions to make.

Perhaps that will change as I gravitate towards specific builds and team combos, but at the moment am really enjoying it.

The stuff around the Abbey is ridiculous, obviously, but even that operates as a pleasing breather between missions.

Good god they are. If I could change one thing it would be to turn off the asides they deliver to you as you wander about. It's like a super-sycophantic Fable. I'd rather be called arse licker again.
Zardoz wrote:
Arse licker!

Thank you for scratching that itch.
Morte wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

Currently a bargainous £12 or so on Steam, for anyone interested.
Brotato on the XBox is annoyingly more-ish.
Both Starfield on game pass and Helldivers 2. Helldivers is super fun.
Armoured Core 6: All arena battles smashed, 80% of the campaign done.
Have now bought Balatro on Steam and Xbox...excellent poker themed deck builder rogue like. Also made by a single developer.
Got that arrival at the platform slightly wrong
NOW I AM THE BASTARD :metul:
Pacific Drive - I have been sucked up into an anomaly and have to escape back from this weird world by fixing stuff and scavenging parts. Also, my car is haunted.

It's a first person survival type game, only a couple of hours in. It it seems worth the £20 so far.
Think I’m about 30 hours into Diablo IV, and I’ve skipped pretty much every bit of dialogue or cut scene.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

It's the best game.

I spent 230 hours beating every character on Danger 5 difficulty and then there was just a massive void in my heart because there was nothing else to do.
MaliA wrote:
Pacific Drive - I have been sucked up into an anomaly and have to escape back from this weird world by fixing stuff and scavenging parts. Also, my car is haunted.

It's a first person survival type game, only a couple of hours in. It it seems worth the £20 so far.

Sort of interested in this. Looks like it might be the closest thing to Fuel on the Xbox 360. That was apparently a racing game but for me it was just a driving game where you looked at forest fires and areas of astounding natural beauty.
Blucey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

It's the best game.

I spent 230 hours beating every character on Danger 5 difficulty and then there was just a massive void in my heart because there was nothing else to do.

I thought I was bad wanting to do Level 5 on one character then trying to do the rest on easy
Currently playing through the latest Remnant 2 DLC. It's a weird game in that it's sort of brilliant, mainly because the shooting is so satisfying, but I hate so much about it too. The weak power-ups and loot, the utterly obtuse puzzles and the Souls-like (ugh!) bosses.

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I thought I was bad wanting to do Level 5 on one character then trying to do the rest on easy

Each character handles differently enough that trying to figure out a Danger 5 clear with each one sometimes feels like a different game each time. Some of them are a lot of fun, such as the Engineer. While others can be really tough such as the Streamer. There are decent guides on YouTube to point you in the right direction in terms of starting weapons and what stats to focus on for each class. It's definitely one of my favourite ever games now.
Page 21 of 21 [ 1019 posts ]