And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 16 : Modern Warfare
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 21:13 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/12 ... 1164371969

Not as bad on Playstation - its a small download but still takes about an hour to 'copy' it into place

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 20:38 
8-Bit Champion

And it looks like the last update has a bug in one specific weapon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 22:54 
Ready for action

Famas under barrel shotgun has been fixed and Bruen has been nerfed. I don’t know if any of these broken mechanics actually effect multiplayer to any major degree, I think most are Warzone specific.

I’m totally and utterly addicted to Warzone, I love it. I was so bad at it to start but I’m getting better and could happily play it all day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 23:21 
UltraMod

Sat helped me to my first win the other day. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 14:36 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
Famas under barrel shotgun has been fixed and Bruen has been nerfed. I don’t know if any of these broken mechanics actually effect multiplayer to any major degree, I think most are Warzone specific.

The Famas didnt seem to work anything special on multiplayer , however the night that was posted i played a few games of plunder using it and it was great but the 6 shot limit was a big problem :-)

I have had a few runs of really good games and then a few runs of terrible ones where i land / get killed / get binned out of the Gulag , or win the gulag / land / get killed again

I'm not as keen on the pick-up guns this time around , or at least i've not found the ones that work for me as well as the last season

Mr Chonks wrote:
Sat helped me to my first win the other day. :)

I'm on most nights between about 9 and 12 if you want to play either multiplayer / warzone or the campaign missions stuff - at the end of last season I went through and completed most of them with randoms but they are quite fun to do when you get the flow working

The new set of warzone missions include an annoying one where you need to climb 3 towers in a single game - I found that easiest to do in plunder so you dont need to worry about the gas (2 towers at the far south and 1 tower near the TV station)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:36 
Ready for action

Of the ground loot guns this season, I like the Oden best of the ARs and the Delivery Boy of the SMGs (that’s the P90 with silencer and Burger Town skin). The Origin 12 shotgun is a bit of a beast; if you can hit every shot you’ll win a 1v1 every time. Good for clearing buildings.

I’m considering levelling up the Oden and trying it as my loadout gun for a few games.

We should organise a game night one night when Jen and I can play with you guys Zaphod and Matt. At the moment we have too many IRL friends playing but if we planned ahead we could make our excuses with them.

How did the win feel Matt? Jen and I were standing up cheering like Scotland had won the six nations when we got our first one lol. I adore this CoD for Warzone and love how hard it is. We got two wins in one night the first time we won (back to back) but we’ve not had a win for a few weeks now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 20:49 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
Of the ground loot guns this season, I like the Oden best of the ARs and the Delivery Boy of the SMGs (that’s the P90 with silencer and Burger Town skin). The Origin 12 shotgun is a bit of a beast; if you can hit every shot you’ll win a 1v1 every time. Good for clearing buildings.

I’m considering levelling up the Oden and trying it as my loadout gun for a few games.

Thanks i'll keep an eye out for those - I seem to remember the Oden being just far to slow to get initial shots out with in Multiplayer so you always lost to SMG's / Shotguns and just about every AR

My loadout gun in Warzone just now is he M13 but that's just because its solid and dependable , After watching that video series you posted i did also try the Ram but it didnt do anything special for me

I've also unlocked (and got the various attachments) for the new AR the AN-94 which i used to love in BLOPS2 but it just again feels to slow to get shots out in this one

sdg wrote:
We should organise a game night one night when Jen and I can play with you guys Zaphod and Matt. At the moment we have too many IRL friends playing but if we planned ahead we could make our excuses with them.

I'm on every night anyway so probably better getting a day that would work for Myp - or if you want to just play some multiplayer a bit of a warning and organization on here i'm sure would bring Pundy / Bobby / Curio at least

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 23:32 
8-Bit Champion

So thanks for the games tonight even though i did terrible in most of them - and sorry about the party thing - the beta should be finished soon and everyone will be back onto the same party system

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 0:12 
UltraMod

I’m around most nights but need a bit of forward planning as I’m often on Deep Rock Galactic at the moment.

I can’t do Thursdays or Sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 
Ready for action

That game last night where I managed a solo squad wipe of the bounty hunters was probably the best movement I’ve had in the game. I killed one upstairs as he was coming into the room I was in, killed the second on the stairs then back up and jumped out the first floor window, circled round the house and came in the back door to kill the one waiting downstairs.

I’ve been levelling up the Kilo recently. Was using the FAL a lot and in some engagements it was brilliant but it lacked the range of the other AR’s and so many Warzone fights are at a decent bit of range so I sometimes felt like I was waiting while my team mates fought. The kilo with the 3.0x VLK scope is very nice, minimal recoil and the sight is clean unlike some of them which can obstruct your view to some extent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 
8-Bit Champion

Obviously its gone again but any time either just Shipment or Shoot the Ship is on the rotation the quickest way to level the guns is play a few rounds of that with a double weapon XP token going - anything other than snipers only takes a few games to max out

The FAL is another that went through a recent buff and nerf cycle so it was rubbish - it got really good and then went back to just a bit better than it was before

If your not aware in the main lobby hit the L3 trigger to get to your available tokens and remember the tokens countdown in real time so your 30 minutes of double XP will be more like 15 of actual game play

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:07 
Ready for action

Attachment:
B7871446-4728-4F6A-869D-F696D7D02DAC.jpeg
Big update today.
Attachment:
A0AB65E6-878B-41A8-972C-5F49C42B8098.jpeg

Attachment:
B06DE7EE-73FE-4783-8963-BFC1FCC7B62F.jpeg

Also rumours about what’s coming in CoD 2020c including one prominent CoD leaker @ModernWarzone saying there will be a Zombie Royale mode...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:26 
UltraMod

10GB? A mere database update

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 21:20 
8-Bit Champion

53 minutes it thinks to download for me - and I bet theres another hour of 'copying file' after that

They tried to integrate the Zombies Royal mode last time in BLOPS4 where the Zombies were sorta NPC characters on the map and you could get points and drops for killing them but i dont think it really worked

I am interested in what they are going to do with Zombies at all this time just because the last one was a real mess and they ditched the main story / lead guy for it before the end of the last games 'season' - although it says on the wiki he didnt leave till Feb he went silent a long time before that

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Jason_Blundell

It does mean they could have a fresh start (they have tried that a few times) but the fans want Takeo / Dempsy / Nikoli / Richtophen in there somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 
Ready for action

It's weird, so many people who like the zombies mode are massive fans of it and almost seem to love the Tryarch series specifically because of it but I just didn't ever get into it despite absolutely adoring the zombie genre in general, and specifically games like Left 4 Dead or survival game modes like the one in Gears. Will give it another try when this next one comes out.

Played for a while last night and had the worst night I've had on this game. We won on Duos the night before, and on Quads the night before that so I don't know if that pushed us up in the SBMM or something but we just couldn't get started. I think we only collected our loadout a couple of times and I lost nearly every 1v1 and think I only came back from the gulag twice. I hope it was a one off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 13:28 
Sleepyhead

You should play with me then. I’ve only played a couple of times so will doubtless drag you down in more ways than one.

Downside, my mic still works.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 14:39 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
It's weird, so many people who like the zombies mode are massive fans of it and almost seem to love the Tryarch series specifically because of it but I just didn't ever get into it despite absolutely adoring the zombie genre in general, and specifically games like Left 4 Dead or survival game modes like the one in Gears. Will give it another try when this next one comes out.

Zombies just really clicked for me at the end of BLOPS1 after i'd 'finished' the multiplayer and everyone else stopped playing the normal game I just really started spending a long time playing the zombies modes and with practice got further and further into them / unlocked more of the general stuff and loved finding some of the secrets (this was all before youtube videos and lets plays on how to do each thing) - the following versions were good and BLOPS3 Zombies is probably the best of this generation just because they added all the old maps and stuff in

The WorldWar2 one was rubbish and then BLOPS4 was a mess but I'm interested in seeing what they will do with it now

I did also notice that the new game has a standard edition and a 'cross generation' version for £5 more which will work on both PS4 and PS5

Curiosity wrote:
You should play with me then. I’ve only played a couple of times so will doubtless drag you down in more ways than one.

Downside, my mic still works.

It probably depends how much wine you've had that night but if i'm around shoot me an invite.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 22:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
It probably depends how much wine you've had that night but if i'm around shoot me an invite.

He'd send you ten messages, but you wouldn't receive any. Then you'd send him one message which he'd get straight away. He will proclaim this "bullshit".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 22:53 
8-Bit Champion

Another free pack on PSN

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... LUSPACK004

Quote:
- Epic Operator Skin for Otter
- Legendary Pistol Weapon Blueprint
- Epic Knife
- Epic Weapon Charm
- Epic Calling Card
- Epic Emblem
- 60-minute Double XP Token

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 21:26 
8-Bit Champion

With a day and a bit left to go on this season the new update is out - 20gb on PS4 (at least to start with)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 20:41 
8-Bit Champion

Season 6 trailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 22:01 
8-Bit Champion

And as is traditional.

The update includes warzone and you can play that but you cant play multiplayer or co-op without downloading additional packs and the store is busted so you cant get to download them

And one of the new 'features' is the subway which depending on what you touch or not touch means you wont be able to fire your gun (like the bug that used to happen in multiplayer)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 22:32 
8-Bit Champion

I do like the new game mode as it works well for me

Killstreak confirmed

Kill confirmed but instead of kills counting to your killstreak the tags you pickup do - they carry over from life to live and i switched to a chopper gunner and the emergency airstrike and can pretty much make them twice in a normal game :-)
(I may just try the Juggernaught as outside of care packages its likely the only time i'll get one)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 20:52 
8-Bit Champion

New update goes live tomorrow for Halloween

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 23:14 
8-Bit Champion

Another 'free' pack

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/call-o ... re-3567000

Quote:

- Epic Operator Skin for Rodion
- Legendary Handgun Weapon Blueprint
- Epic Knife
- Epic Weapon Charm
- Epic Calling Card
- Epic Emblem
- Epic Sticker
- 60-minute Double XP Token

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 14:03 
Seeing some of the gameplay of the beta. I'm very much considering getting the new MW2. It looks good.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 16:01 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Seeing some of the gameplay of the beta. I'm very much considering getting the new MW2. It looks good.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I had a play around with the beta over the weekend and it was your typical COD , it moved well and I like the idea of perk 'packs' (so you choose a pack and thats the perks rather than individuals)

Unlocks seemed quite far away (I never unlocked a launcher which ment that if i wanted to take down a UAV or whatever i had to switch over to the pre made classes) but thats not really an issue when its out.

Its the first COD in a long time I've not pre-ordered but thats more to the crap they did with the last one than anything on this one - even after playing it i'm still at the 'wait and see' point :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 16:09 
I haven't played any since the new Modern Warfare. So I've no idea what they've done to the others lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 19:27 
Sleepyhead

I would definitely be interested in getting the band back together :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 14:08 
Curiosity wrote:
I would definitely be interested in getting the band back together :)

Skeep, we'll get sheeepment

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:44 
I am enjoying this. It's CoD. The ground war feels very battlefield like and it's not bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 15:41 
Sleepyhead

I also have it. You still on PS5 Nick?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 16:14 
Curiosity wrote:

PC!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 19:24 
Decapodian

This is great fun so far, though I’ve mostly been on campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 19:47 
I'm playing mostly the Invasion mode. It's a lot going on, but somehow a bit slower than normal 6v6. It's quite nice having bots for target practice too

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 23:19 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

PC!

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 14:59 
Curiosity wrote:
nickachu wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

PC!

Nerd

Isn't everyone here a nerd?

Cross play works however, I guess just the party system for voice chat is a bit naff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:49 
Bobby/Curio how are you finding MW2? I see you've been playing a bunch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 13:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The good old lobby game is once again nonsense trash but it's good old MW fun. I'd say my reflexes have maybe slowed down a bit in my old age compared to today's kids but I've always been shit at shooters :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 13:26 
I wish they would go back to the old lobby system where you could vote maps and end up playing against the same people and talk shit inbetween rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:37 
Sleepyhead

I am enjoying it.

They opened up Season One yesterday, which includes the battle royale map, a second, FTP mode, and added Shoot House, prestige, and a few other things.

I have three golden guns. Shiny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 14:53 
I guess you lot are on quite late. I'm usually in bed by like 8pm UK time these days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 15:21 
Sleepyhead

Yeah, we're usually on after that, though sometimes earlier.

I guess if you're on a PC we would need to become 'Activision friends' or whatever their silly system (that doesn't work) is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 16:49 
Curiosity wrote:

I guess if you're on a PC we would need to become 'Activision friends' or whatever their silly system (that doesn't work) is.

We're still friends from the last cod!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 19:36 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

We're still friends from the last cod!

Hah!

I did see your channel invite a second ago but the social tab went weird and I have to make dinner now anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 19:36 
Oh well. It was worth a try!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Much like Gran Turismo earlier this year, it's a great game wrapped in an utter turd of a menu/ lobby system.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:02 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

The kangaroo defence has been upgraded.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/ne ... ap-3353653

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 23:47 
Can you dig it?

G walking is a cool name though

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 18:13 
The way some people move, especially the ones in the bright white jumpsuit is insane. I don't even know how they would do it.

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next