Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 21:30 

My Ma searched the internet for tips on getting out soot and by a stroke of luck I had her Vax machine at my house. So I have got it to this state. It’s not perfect, but it is much better. But my goodness I am still angry.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 21:36 
chewbacca -future arc welder

I think you should be annoyed, 6 fire fighters stomping about and pouring water down your chimney don't make that much mess. And we do it for free

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 0:12 

I honestly can’t even think what they were doing to make that mess.

I wonder what the usual actions are if a tradesperson comes to your house and wrecks it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:36 
Master of dodgy spelling....

MaliA wrote:
Mate, that £260 cuts the ties so all good. It's neither here nor there on hassle factor.

Yes. Will be nice to have that final link taken away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:37 

Mimi wrote:
It’s a chunk of money, Kov, but it’s well spent on finalising and tidying things up in your life. Hopefully the positives make up for the costs.

Yes. I am taking a bit of equity out of the house to replace the windows. The money can come out of that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 0:01 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
I honestly can’t even think what they were doing to make that mess.

They'd have stuck something up the chimney to see if it was blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 0:13 

I’m pretty sure I could have sent Darwin up there with a broom and have made less mess. The mess wasn’t in front of the fire, it was a distance away, but I guess their door sheets must have come to an end at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 14:08 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I tested positive for covid over the weekend which means I've lost 3 days of work this week which, I could have done with.

I'm fine with it by the way, just a little cold however.. I woke this morning with vertigo! I've had it a hand ful of times in my life and it's horrific. I could barely make it across the landing without feeling sick... So yeah, this week is already a write off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 14:30 
Soopah red DS

Arse! That is a pain - and a weird effect! Fingers crossed that that's the worst of it.

I had a good active day yesterday with no problems. Today I woke up and couldn't straighten my left leg. Weirdly, it was then okay, till I got too confident and then it cramped (don't think it is that, but it felt that way) up again. Currently - fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 20:04 
sneering elitist

TheVision wrote:
I tested positive for covid over the weekend which means I've lost 3 days of work this week which, I could have done with.

I'm fine with it by the way, just a little cold however.. I woke this morning with vertigo! I've had it a hand ful of times in my life and it's horrific. I could barely make it across the landing without feeling sick... So yeah, this week is already a write off.

That's shit dude, sorry to hear that. Sounds very similar to my symptoms. Although fair warning, I got it start of Nov and I'm still absolutely wankered. 3 days in bed, another 3-4 to be able to stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out, more before I could sit at a screen again (reading words on the screen made me feel sick). Then at the weekend I had horrendous chest pains - to the point where I started googling heart attack symptoms. Had some blood extracted today to check for clots because of the covid risk factor but that's come back clean so it's just regular ol' lung inflamation, fun times. Cancelled the 9 mile run I was planning this weekend, let's put it that way. :roll:

I'm fit and active, healthy, and take my vitamins. Dread to think what state I'd be in without the little pfizer buddies on my side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 20:33 
Excellent Painter

Ach. That sounds seriously shit Jem.
Give yourself time to be ill, or more pertinently, don’t rush your recovery. Every graveyard is full of “indispensable” people. I know you probably have huge amounts to do, but it can wait.
Get well, but do it at a pace you’re good with. Everybody dismayed at what they can achieve in a year don’t appreciate what they can achieve in ten!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 22:59 

Hope you all feel batter soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 23:03 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 
Excellent Painter

Do you have a shit French accent now? That’s a new symptom on me ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:30 

I can't spell this week at all... ffs..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:36 
Unpossible!

KovacsC wrote:
I can't spell this week at all... ffs..

T-H-I-S W-E-E-K.

You nailed it bud!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:55 

gits :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:42 
Can you dig it?

I managed to tweak my back as I bent ever so slightly forwards and reached across the kitchen counter for the kids lunch boxes as I was making sandwiches in the morning.

I'm not really used to back pain and I'm a little bit embarrassed at how it happened, but last night I felt almost a bit sick because of the hurty.

I can see the humour in it but also, ouchies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:51 

Welcome to Old!

Hi5!

I threw my back out in my sleep a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t move for two days.

Feel better soon x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 0:09 
Sitting balls-back folder

TheVision wrote:

holy shit, this is literally the first I've heard of anyone else getting vertigo/inner ear type side effects - a couple of hours after my first jab I was getting home from walking the dog and suddenly my entire being believed the earth had rotated 90 degrees and it took a significant force of will to not throw myself sideways into a hedge. Mercifully it only lasted a couple of minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 0:20 

My left knee has been doing painful things on and off for a few months, to the point it's occasionally interfered with the programmes my trainer has put together; enough she said "you should get that looked at". Not as much as my weird crap feet so, you know, I've done what men do and ignored it hoping it goes away - and hey, usually it mostly has! What's the problem?!

Yesterday was my last session of the year so she amped it up a bit, including turning what would normally be supersets of "squats while holding a weight" and "lunges while holding weights" into a three-way (fnarr) with a 30 second wall-sit.

All three wall-sits were agony - they always are and this was at the end of a tough session, so sure, no problem.

My left knee is fucked today. I can move about slowly and carefully, and anti inflammatory gel helps a lot, but if I sit in an upright position at all my left knee screams the next time I move it. It made getting off the bog "exciting".

I really should have gone to the GP earlier, and probably signed up to the free healthcare through work at some point in the last 5.5 years so I could do some sports physio.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:19 
Soopah red DS

BikNorton wrote:
My left knee has been doing painful things on and off for a few months, to the point it's occasionally interfered with the programmes my trainer has put together; enough she said "you should get that looked at". Not as much as my weird crap feet so, you know, I've done what men do and ignored it hoping it goes away - and hey, usually it mostly has! What's the problem?!

Yesterday was my last session of the year so she amped it up a bit, including turning what would normally be supersets of "squats while holding a weight" and "lunges while holding weights" into a three-way (fnarr) with a 30 second wall-sit.

All three wall-sits were agony - they always are and this was at the end of a tough session, so sure, no problem.

My left knee is fucked today. I can move about slowly and carefully, and anti inflammatory gel helps a lot, but if I sit in an upright position at all my left knee screams the next time I move it. It made getting off the bog "exciting".

I really should have gone to the GP earlier, and probably signed up to the free healthcare through work at some point in the last 5.5 years so I could do some sports physio.

I always resented it, but paying for a physio is straightforward and sometimes they can fix you, or put you on the path to it, with a session. There's always the worry that a physio will keep you coming back time after time, but most of them in my experience seemed to be proud of not doing that.

Equally, to go with existing problems with the back of my knee, I seem to have strained the back of it, such that some days I can't really put weight on it. Or not till its warmed up, or something. And I have no intention of taking the advice above.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 0:47 

My knee got better every day after that.

Until today when I woke up to it being even worse than Friday, even adding naproxen and using a crutch (because I have to) to move about.

Christmas always sucks but this is absolutely the worst.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 15:57 

I’m having a stupid crappy day of irritating things. Every task I’ve started I’ve been either not tall enough or not strong enough to finish, and I’m getting frustrated with myself.

I’ve had a really crappy night’s sleep because that WhatsApp group of school mums that I knew was bad news full on imploded last night with people flinging personal insults at each other and it’s just carnage. I hate WhatsApp for this reason and it’s just horrible. So I know I should leave the group, and want to, but very specifically all the dickheads left the group in some weirdly choreographed move, so now I feel… stuck there. I know, first world problems, right? But jeez I absolutely buckle under any kind of conflict so I did not get much sleep last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 17:27 
Unpossible!

It's in times like these that I'm glad phones have an off button

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 17:29 
Decapodian

Nothing I hear about WhatsApp makes me want to go anywhere near it.
Just leave ASAP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 18:53 

It’s honestly horrible. I instantly remove myself from any family group chat things because they are always a nightmare. I don’t know why but it just always descends into chaos.

The only reason I have it at all is Russell’s phone is a block of cheese with a charging wire, and it’s the only way he can send me pictures and vice versa as he doesn’t have iMessage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 19:12 
Decapodian

Would Mr Russell be interested in a good condition lightly used iPhone 7?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 19:19 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mute those groups and you'll never look back!

I can't imagine they share anything useful that the school doesn't already so don't worry about them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 19:54 

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Would Mr Russell be interested in a good condition lightly used iPhone 7?

I think he used to have one but decided to switch to Android when it stopped working, which would be fine but his phone is not the best for service.

I have the group muted AND archived, but for some reason neither thing seems to stop it from sending me notifications or showing them at a little banner at the top of the messages screen, like ‘we know you don’t want to see this but you will not be allowed to ignore the fact that it is STILL GOING ON’.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 22:51 

Mimi wrote:
I’m having a stupid crappy day of irritating things. Every task I’ve started I’ve been either not tall enough or not strong enough to finish, and I’m getting frustrated with myself.

I’ve had a really crappy night’s sleep because that WhatsApp group of school mums that I knew was bad news full on imploded last night with people flinging personal insults at each other and it’s just carnage. I hate WhatsApp for this reason and it’s just horrible. So I know I should leave the group, and want to, but very specifically all the dickheads left the group in some weirdly choreographed move, so now I feel… stuck there. I know, first world problems, right? But jeez I absolutely buckle under any kind of conflict so I did not get much sleep last night.

I have a lot of groups muted for this reason.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:25 

Thankfully it’s all gone quiet. I ended up asking an innocuous question about PE Kit that I knew the answer to just to offer up a change of subject. Hit a few helpful answers and then blessed silence.

Was still awake at 5am because of just a load of both big small things that have just joined together to make one super big thing, so after my fourth (?) insomnia-ridden night in a row I’m just feeling zombified.

Anyway. Some tomato seedlings have sprouted, so that’s my positive little reminder of the morning. I hope everyone has a good one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 14:05 

Bit of a nay.. I have either buggered my rotator cuff or got a trapped nerve. Just waiting for a physio appointment.

I am very grumpy as swimming and walking/running hurts...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 15:29 
Soopah red DS

Fingers crossed for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 16:33 
sneering elitist

Hope it's not the rotator cuff dude, takes bloody ages to heal :S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 17:43 
Best
Board Mother

KovacsC wrote:
Bit of a nay.. I have either buggered my rotator cuff or got a trapped nerve. Just waiting for a physio appointment.

I am very grumpy as swimming and walking/running hurts...

:(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 17:51 

Sounds nasty.
Best wishes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 19:13 

I am signed off work till Monday. I just need some sleep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 19:41 
Soopah red DS

Get some sleep! And also take time to not think about work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 20:48 
Best
Board Mother

JBR wrote:
Get some sleep! And also take time to not think about work.

:this:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:41 

And no wanking with all this time off work, that's not going to do your arm any favours.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:45 
Unpossible!

Perfect chance to give lefty a go!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:45 
Gogmagog

I'm sleeping in the room that I never go in at the moment to avoid The Pestilence, and it overlooks the front of the house.This is how I know the milk delivery comes at 4am, as it woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep. Half hour later, The Baby appears complaining she was hit and required a costume change. This was her set up to throw up all over the bathroom floor two three hours later after eating her toast this morning so now half the house is probably not suitable for anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:46 
Gogmagog

DavPaz wrote:
Perfect chance to give lefty a go!

The stranger comes to visit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 

Guess who's got to have two root canals on the morning of the 29th! One with only a 60% chance of success!

That's going to be a fun day, especially given as I've got a 9-hour flight the following morning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 13:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

As an XCOM player, I wouldn't take the shot on the 60% one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 14:24 
Best
Board Mother

GazChap wrote:
Guess who's got to have two root canals on the morning of the 29th! One with only a 60% chance of success!

That's going to be a fun day, especially given as I've got a 9-hour flight the following morning.

Eek! :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 15:04 

Grim... wrote:

Fair point, although you could say the same for 95% ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 15:16 
Gogmagog

GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Fair point, although you could say the same for 95% ;)

I just had a squad set up on cover with overlapping overwatched fields of fire which was great until the alien teleported behind them and smashed my guy dead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 15:30 

I've never used flashbangs until last night. Oh my life, why did it take me so long to learn their usefulness?

Reply to topic  [ 7441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next